American Idol

American Idol Fan Reviews page 10 of 41

7.3
  • Great idea but..

4.5
    Stupid and old. Really bad now. Needs to be canceled. Whoever wins now does nothing on the charts anymore. Had some great talent like, Chris Daughtry, Adam Lamnbert, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, and Jennifer Hudson.
  • WHY??

why is this show still on the air? why was it ever popular? WHY WHY WHY????
  • American Idiots

In the Preliminaries, they Show Idiots that have Absolutly no talent whatsoever.This Show Rots!
  • American Idol while it may have sounded like a good "talent" show became corrupt with looks topping talent and other various problems.

American Idol has been constantly hyped as one of the best shows ever and FOX always makes a big deal about the next episode or season, but in reality the show is just overrated and pointless. The show's about a group of judges going around and getting singers for their competition and the people of America vote who gets to be the American Idol. Now while I do admit there are some people on the show that can sing, I don't think that there should have been a show about it at all. The show follows the same format, auditions, competition, and finals and it never changes. There's nothing new that is added to the show and it becomes very boring, very fast. Most of the judges for the show are downright terrible. The only good judge was Simon Cowell, who would always bash singers who can't sing and does it in a funny way but also gets to the chase and doesn't go easy on them. The problem is that the other judges get after him about that and say he's wrong. I have seen some of these auditions and only hearing 15 seconds of some people singing, I muted my TV because these people can't sing. Simon has a right to get after those who can't sing and wastes no time getting after the terrible singers. So where do the other judges get off for telling him not to badger the terrible singers? Randy Jackson is always using street words and says "dawg" so many times, that it's as if he can't go a sentence without saying that word. But Paula is the worse of them all. She just stands around with a smile on her face and always says good things, even to the bad singers, and the fact that she also came to one of the final shows drunk should have gotten her fired, but no they keep her. Why? The new judges for this show though are just as bad and I won't go into detail about them. The show also seems to be another case of talent being overshadowed by looks alone. Seriously, some people on this show dress really nice or look really good, but can't sing to save their lives, but somehow they move on ahead while the true good singers get left behind. Where's the logic all that?! If it's that simple to win American Idol, I would dress up in the top notch fashion clothing, go on there, sing, and win. I am a bad singer so what does it matter? According to American Idol, absolutely nothing as long as you look good. Also the people who do win, are quickly forgotten in a week to a month and are never mentioned again, ever.S what's the purpose to win, become a great singing sensation, and just be forgotten in a short amount of time? The only positive thing I could say about this show was Simon, he may have been cold and a jerk, but he knew when to get after those who can't sing and burn them. Now that he's gone, the show will tank even more now. Even Simon knew this show was stupid and decided to save his career, so points to him for saving his career. Everything about American Idol is just overrated. The new and old judges suck, the fact that Simon was always clammed up is an insult to the 1st amendment since he has freedom of speech, most of the singers are terrible, the good singers are left behind while bad ones win, the fact that this show relies on looks than talent is an insult to those who can sing, and the people who do win are quickly forgotten. I do not care about this show at all and the sooner it gets canceled, the better. This show is just overrated garbage that while it was good when it began, quickly became a dreadful mess.
  • American Idol

4.5
    Contestants compete against each other on who can become the next throwaway puppet for the commercial media to play around with and market to dollar stores and K'Marts.
  • the last african american idol fan

All musicians of color need to black ball the auditions. American idol is watched now by 95% Caucasians I have said in the past that viewer's choice should end when the last five contestants have been chosen it should be up to the judges to make those last final decisions and pick the winner. I have seen many good musicians leave because the viewers didn't like this or that.
  • love the judges

I dont know why everybody is being so hard on the Judges.Do you think you can do a better job i doubt it.I think there great.and fare.besides we are the ones doing most of the voting.So lighten up they know the music business better than we do.
  • I hate the judges!

J Lo just likes to hear herself talk! She just blabs on and on pretty much saying the whole thing over and over. And Randy, he's just plain annoying! "YO, Dude", come on, we are not in the ghetto. Its also so obvious that they want Jacob to win. He's sings good, but I wouldn't give him all the praise. Randy has always done that though... he always favors the African American contestants! I miss Simon and Kara.
  • tksmitty

j lo says its gonna be a race to the finish, but no one knows whose gonna win. At least we know who she wants to win.
  • Carrie underwood

Carrie underwood with a slit up to her crotch was inappropriate for the show!!
  • A.I Vote~!

Download A.I. Vote in the Apple app store! I VOTE OVER A HUNDRED TIMES A MINUTE!
  • standing ovation for only one person ?

why do the judges only give josh a standing ovation and not the others i have notices this for three weeks . are they trying to sway the american people to vote for him .
  • Life Changing Experiences On Your Screen

It's amazing how many people actually have talent that make it through the competition on this show. I think most of the critiques are fair when it comes to the judges. Americans sure have a love for music, and some people are just blessed with the desire to make something of their talent. I love to see how television can change people's lives... and American Idol definitely walks you through the crazy process of a musical career!
  • TOP 36!?!??

At least in past seasons American Idol was fairly good about putting good singers through to the finals. This season is SO blatantly producer-rigged it' s pathetic. Do they thing they're fooling us?? I was shocked that they put that Nick/Norman freak-show through over ANY of they other 54(or whatever) finalist, especially Jamar! I can't believe that they put someone through that we've never heard SING! I am also convinced that the Tatiana...thing is FAKE. There can't be a person that over the top nutty. I think they told her to act that way to up ratings and as a reward she gets a free spot in the top 36, same with "Norman". American Idol makes me sick. I was never so naive as to think that reality shows are truly reality, but I did think this show was somewhat based on talent. It's NOT anymore! Now they're throwing the fake right in our faces. NEVER watching this show again!!
  • elise testone

im pissed of at america because i know elise is the real american idol she gives her all in every single performance and she been in the bottom three for like 4 weeks now and it don t make any sense i want america to really start listening to this girl and start voting because this girl is amazing her voice is soo unique and just give me goosebumps in every performance if she leaves any time soon i will stop watching american idol
  • you are missing the boat

I am so thoroughly disgusted with this season!! This is why j-lo is a fat cow and randy is a wanna-be jackson!! Why would they let a wanna-be cow and a never was jackson select the talent of the future???? So long, turn the channel to something actual interesting. I give up on you, track that on neilson!!
  • A LITTLE DISCRETION GUYS

I FELT IT WAS AWEFUL/TERRIBLE THAT THE PRODUCERS OF AMERICAN IDOL TO PULL THE DEEP VOICE COLORED GUY OUT OF THE CREW TO SCOLD HIM IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF VEIWERS AND AMERICA. YES HE DID DO WRONG IN HIS PAST (PAST) THE MAN IS TRYING TO MAKE A CHANGE IN HIS LIFE BUT WAS NATIONALY TERRERIZED BY PRODUCERS BY DOING IT ON THE AIR. ITS SICK, POOR TASTE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN PULLED TO THE SIDE AND DEALT WITH, ASSHOLES,

HOWEVER I LOVE IDOL AND WILL CONTINUE TO WATCH, BUT THIS MOMENT DISSAPOINTED ME
  • Really? You had to stick politics in?

A show that's not doing well but still watch because it's entertaining and a show for "hopefuls". Then WHAM! There's the face that takes away a light evening but reminding us we are unemployed, have gas prices up the ying yang and he's out spending taxpayer money at a Basketball game! I guess producers, cast & all involved care about their money & enjoyment more than your fans. SHAME ON YOU. Well, not a great year for Idol but this semi-fan is gone for good. Hope you sell clothes J-Lo; well... maybe not no-one's emoplyed.
  • 1 hour J-Lo commercial

2.5
    Is it just me or does the American Idol season appear to be a commercial for anything J-Lo is trying to sell as that is interrupted by people sining

• When Simon left he killed it!

I started watching this in the Jordon Sparks season and it had excited me but I shit on it now! I ceased watching last season after Simon left. Not only did my favorite for the first time get knocked off anywhere(and in this case very very) below the top three which I think is somewhat because they did some new horrible system but they also put through some horrible people. No one last year that went to the big stage was really that good. Steven Tyler and Jlo are horrible judges. Jlo us Paula's even worse twin. She babies them and neither she nor Tyler actually critique, they love it or they don't and that's about it they don't really give them tips or really explain what needs improvement.

I am am looking to become a X Factor convert, I have not seen it yet but it looks a lot more well rounded than Idol and it has Simon.
  • Idol's taken a bad turn

American Idol is doing something new this year and ITS NOT WORKING! Please, turn the band down, cut the background vocals and let the artists sing. The background singers are taking away from the main performance and making the music sound like its from the 80's. The band is far too loud and drowning out the vocals. What's with the saxophone? If it's not the 80's and you're not singing jazz, than it just needs to go away. This is the first year that I've actually fast forwarded part of the performance and watched the commercials. The judges comments have changed too. They used to critique the performance to help the contestants but now its LOVE FEST 2012. They gush rather than providing strong criticisms. The addition of a 13th boy was foolish. There were others who had strong vocals who would have been amazing, but they brought back 'the gentle giant' because they felt bad for him. Yes, people will vote for the gentle giant, but not because he's talented. They'll vote for the wrong reasons and its not fair to the integrity of the show. And Ryan, I love the new hair but stop with the fake tanning...in High Definition the fake tan ages you. Okay, I'll stop complaining - NOW FIX MY SHOW!
  • IDOL WHAT??? CHANGE THE CHANEL

I THINK I HAD ENOUGH///// AMERICA IDOL SUCKS BIG TIME THIS YEAR... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE SHOW , I USED TO LOVE IT..... NOW OMG THERE R NO WORDS SAD, SAD,SAD.
  • Down with J-Lo. Get her off the show!

2.5
    Where are the rocking, singing black female artists? Not one!!!?? Are YOU KIDDING ME? C'mon now..where is Simon? The choices for us to vote on suck. J-Lo knows nothing! Yuck.
  • What happened after Simon and Paula left?

American Idol was a really wonderful show while Simon and Paula were on it. We watched the show regularly just to hear Simon's hilariously cynical yet true comments. However, now all the judges keep saying the same polite things over and over again. They are so predictably boringly. I have heard judges even repeat their comments to multiple performers. There is absolutely no humor any more, very little talent, the only saving grace of this show is Jennifer Lopez's costume which sometimes adds a little excitement to the show. Even though Randy and Steven have a lifetime of music behind them they are dull and boring and definitely should not be hosting a show of this caliber by themselves. A huge drop in the viewers of this show should be an indicator to the producers, that this show is on its way out. Please get Simon and Paula back to give the show the kiss of life to revive it to what it was.
  • The BEST is Yet to come

Oh my Lamb.......... Mr Joshua Ledet, bless my soul on tonight with that awesome, anoited voice. Tears began to flow as I began to think about what I have gone through these last 6months. My heart is so overwelmed and the tears still continue to flow. Now!!!! That is SINGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with the LORD on his side. The BEST is yet to come for this young man..
  • American Idol Judges

Although I'm not one who posts on these things I just need to say that who ever picked these 3 Judges did a remarkable job! These 3 are the best Judges they've ever had on this show. I actually enjoy watching it again. I think Randy is such a good dude and Jennifer is the best female judge I've ever seen, she makes sense and tells it like it is. Now for Steven Tyler...I've listened to Aerosmith for years like everyone else has but never bought the music. I think he is one of the greatest true rockers of our time and he adds so much to this show. Even Ryan Seacrest acts more human then he ever did before. These are the BEST Judges that have ever been on the show of course Randy has always been there...these 3 blend well together. Who would have ever thought there was feelings in such a competitive industry...LOL
  • I miss Simon and Paula but I love Steven Tyler and JLo, and Randy too!

I watch the show hoping that Steven will sing a few notes here and there!
  • "Breaking the Idol barrier" - AI is the ultimate reality show. Classic, ginormous fanbase.

Unrealistically big and once ground-breaking show.

So many contestants come and go, some make very underground careers and only 3 have made stardom. Representing in the areas of pop, rock and country: Kelly C., Daughtry and Carrie U., respectively. And 2 others who were huge inside idol but their flambuoyant sexuality had gone in their way: Clay A. and Adam L. Also, I have no idea why David Cook hasn't become a superstar after having a great debut, he instead totally lost it with his 2nd album, smh. American Idol is a curse.

25 million people as an average watch but the succesful "idols" only sell less than 5 million records over a decade, if lucky; the most have been 12 million albums by Carrie U., great for any artist. The show is going for 10 seasons, people barely watch it for entertainment, not great for music business but a ratings juggernaut on TV. Its correlation is ridiculously out of proportion, same as the amount of votes people cast. New record made for top 3 week this season - 95 million votes cast in 2 hours from 23.5 million viewers. And definitely the wrong person went home, as the voters never vote on music based only - makes it a popularity contest. Or sometimes it's just shocking and you found out why eventually.

It's quite upsetting. Basically I can stop watching whenever I want and tune in when an unusual talent comes up. Season 10 was a rebound season, where a comepletely safe, cookie cutter, success-assured, great looking guy won. That's what they wanted after so many lacking years, Scotty can revive the brand again.

But then again, there is once in a while that an actual once in a lifetime talent gets in the mainstream. Talking about Haley Reinhart here, please tell me that the only thing wrong with her is that she over-growled at times and she was also viewed as cocky, either that or it was because she is so perfect and so hot that everyone hated her for it. She is basically a sure 10 on everything from voice, tone, range, body, legs, face, style, performance, showmanship, musicality, artistry and charisma; superstar in the making, she's got it all going on, she just blows my mind. She just needs to let loose on the music scene and I think she can make things work. American Idol found an unreal talent here with great musical sense, note that she's not bland at all and she is quite unique, distinctive. So I don't see her miss, but if so then there is this force to reckon namely Scotty McCreery, winner and future country superstar. Very powerful, extremely appealing, likable, with a huge fanbase and certainly has 'it'. "Idol" is still strong after 10 seasons but it should end already, i'ts been hit and miss, too many misses. It's a process of finding a superstar and amazing singers are not always big stars. Also, talent doesn't mean success or fame, it's a long way to the top for everybody in the spotlight. I have the certainty season 11 will be a miss because it's hard to know what kind of artist actually will have mass appeal after the season is over and 11 seasons later what talent could still be considered fresh in the music scene (or if a girl could win again), you never know. I might tune in but will not get excited again and now I learned the hard way to not get attached too much. Although sometimes there is this ultimate Idol that grabs your soul, not on sob or back story or over hype but actual musical talent (+ personality.)

I feel like I'm talking not about the actual show but all aspects about outside the show. Oh well, the actual TV series you know how it is, terrible quality, totally scripted, heavily flawed and overproduced television. Its magic and quality lies on all about outside the show.
  • I can't believe that Tatiana freak made it and Jamar Rogers didn't. What's going on? I just looked at the poll here and the Tatiana beast is leading with 23% of the votes. Thank God some of the reviews here agree with me.

I can't believe that Tatiana freak made it and Jamar Rogers didn't. What's going on? I just looked at the poll here and the Tatiana beast is leading with 23% of the votes. Thank God some of the reviews here agree with me. I got a little tired of the whole Danny Gokey's dead wife story. They repeated it sooo much. Which was not his fault. But I don't think his voice is that good anyway. I prefer his friend Jamar who didn't make it. I found that Nate Marshall a little bit annoying. His story is sad but I don't think he should be there.
  • i would like to watch Americas got talent than this piece of crap. and how is this show more popular than Americas got Talent.

I would like to watch Americas got Talent than this piece of crap. and how is Americas got talent more popular. OK the reason i dpn't like this show is because of the act. The only thing they do is sing, unlike Americas Got talent where they do more than singing. And also a lot of my friends say this show is better than Americas Got Talent. I mean have you even lasted a full season. I fist saw this last year and i only could survive 2 episodes. And the worst thing about it is that the contestants sing country songs. I HATE conuntry music. And it only comes on, on Wednesday nights wat like 8. That's when a lot of people are getting ready for bed and i'm usally studying at that time or at church. and when i'm not studying or at church i just watch the middle, but sometimes i change it to american idol to give it another chance but i regret it. I wish this show would end. I would rather swim in 50 degree weather than watch this piece of crap. AMERICAN IDOL SUCKS! i hate it. The only reason it's not 1 is because i've decided my score would be how many episodes i survived before hating it like i said i've only survived 2 episode so thee you go. Overall 2/10.

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14