American Idol

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews page 11 of 47

7.2
  • Voting

I have to say I'm super dissapointed by American Idol this year. I watched last year, and I was super upset when Colton Dixon was voted off. I almost stopped watching. I have to say though, Angie Miller's elimination really topped it off for me. Now that Angie's gone, I'm really going to stop watching. People don't usually vote for the people who are the best because they figure they're safe anyway. Angie was going to win, and she didn't deserve to go home and should have won because she was the best one. I personally feel that watching a show that people don't vote for the person in the competition they truly want to win isn't really worth watching. America as voters often get it totally wrong, and that definetally happened this season.
  • Judges

The judges Should Shut Up and let America Vote. They have been against Kree and they turned their backs on her when she won tonight. They were so sure their Angie would win they drooled all over her. Ha Ha

Ha ... Their plan did not work!!

The judges give Candice standing ovations and lavish praise on her it is sickening and unprofessional of them. Don't get me wrong I like Candice and she is amazing. The judges are all jerks. Get rid of all of them and start fresh.
  • Bye Bye Nicki

Love the show please get rid of Nicki !!!!! Mariah is the one to keep ! Mariah is a Queen !
  • GET RID OF NIKKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am tired of Nikki on Idol!!! If she is on for another season I will not watch it all!!! The other 3 judges are great!!! She is the worst judge ever!!! Her attitude to everyone and everything is awful!!!! She is disgusting!!!!!! If IDOL wants better ratings they should get rid of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She IS the reason the ratings have dropped!!!!! No one else!!!!
  • Niki Americal Idol

It would be impossible if this women would ever be involved in anyway with this have watched this show since the beginning but if I ever hear her voice (wicked witch of the West) on this show I may be forced to throw away my TV.
  • Come back Paula. All is forgiven.

Idol continues to slide because the Judges have been the show instead of the contestants. When a Judge tells a hopeful she is the best he has ever heard and another Judge "hopes America is smart enough get it Its time to switch from Idol to The Voice.
  • may 1,2013

ANGIE & AMBER WERE BOTH AWESOME, I DISAGREE WITH THE JUDGES COMMENTS. I THINK THEY CHANGE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SHOW, NOT THE PERFORMERS!!
  • NIGHT NIGHT NICKI

When Idol first started, we never missed a show; now even tho its recorded and we can fast forward whenever Nicki opens her mouth, we have seen approx 30 minutes of this season. Nicki, she is the worse judge in the history of the show. You can't listen to her nasal voice for more than 2 minutes; then the fake British accent that comes and goes (when she forgets) is idiotic. Her body language with Mariah is so childish. Why in the world did Fox put her as a Judge? DESPERATE?? Keith, Randy and Mariah are good; Simon was the best, he made the show. We now do not miss an episode of the Voice, the judges in that show are about the contestants, not like Nicki and "it's all about
  • Nicki

My favorite show "USE" to be American Idol but I thought you should know I can't bare to watch Nicki!!! She is too much in love with herself. Take her off!!
  • nikki?? really??

1.5
    used to love her idol has realesed her is a bitch but not in a good as if she feels outshined by mariah by which u should but with a good heart that would not bother enviouse cowardly selfish bitches get intimidated by who beleive we all have something good to show no matter how different that may be.. as women w ehave enough to compete with to be competing with all she seems to be can apear to like a if mariah gets to respond first and its positive she always has something negative to bout actually have a true true to yourself regaurdless.. stop ur position u should be teaching confidence and treating others with respect as u obviously try to lead our young woman in a good direction where were not selfish conceided beotches
  • Any Episode

Get RID of that NASTY Nikki. She is the problem, not Mariah. I quit watching completely! I just can't stomach her. There in, lies your problem. :-)
  • Nix Nikki

I used to absolutely love this show. I can not stand Nikki being a judge and I am hoping to God that she is not a judge next season so that I can start watching again. I think she is a disgrace and she belongs behind closed doors. For all those who think Mariah is awful and are just jealous. Not only was she icon in her time but she is a fabulous singer, songwriter, record producer, actress and philanthropist. If anyone knows music it's Mariah.
  • HELP ... WHAT IS UP WITH NICKI MINAJ & MARIAH CAREY...

I LOVE AMERICIAN IDOL BUT HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO WATCH A COMPLETE SHOW THIS YEAR.

YOUR JUDGES ARE JUST PLAIN AWFUL. I LIKE RANDY HAS BEEN GREAT AND A CONSTANT..

WHILE I LIKE KEITH URBAN ... THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY SPARKLE....

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK STEVEN TYLER .... AT LEAST THAT WAY I COULD GET A LAUGH OR TWO. THIS YEAR STARTED OFF BAD AND HAS GONE EVEN FURTHER DOWN HILL

IF YOU WANTED CONTROVERSY YOU SHOULD HAVE ADDED MINAJ AND LEFT TYLER.... THAT WOULD PROBABLY HAVE GIVEN YOU FIREWORKS.....

CAN'T STAND MINAJ AND CAREY DOES NOTHING. URBAN JUST DOESN'T ADD THE SPARKLE THAT TYLER DID.... I KNOW HE WAS A LOOSE CANNON AT LEAST HE WAS ENTERTAINING...
  • Obvious why viewership is down 20%

A. Because "The Voice" is so much better in all aspects

B. Because three of the four judges are black

C. More than half of the top 10/12 were/are part black anyway

D. America is still divided by color and the biggest percentage is non-black

(unfortunately: plain and simple)

E. Oh--and these stoopidd genres they give 20 year olds to sing

(who are the BeATLeS? Where is Mo's Town? Burt Back-a-rack--ain't he the president?)
  • American Idol - NOT what it used to be!

I used to be a huge fan of AI, but since Mariah and Nikki have been chosen to be judges I refuse to watch it. They couldn't have asked anyone worse to judge! Both of these ladies are completely talent-less, annoying fame seekers. Time to switch to the Voice.
  • I Agree With marilenedavis and barletsr1 - Nikki ruined AI for me, too

I agree with most is going down the not because of the contestants. What are they thinking having Nikki and Mariah as judges. All they do is sit there for two hours stroking their hair. I just want to rip it out of both of them. Must they constantly do that??? Then, there is Nikki's nasal-like voice. OMG, listening to that after each contestant makes me want to scream. I just want to fast-forward when Nikki speaks (maybe I'll just record it from now on so I can). Nikki has no class, whatsoever. At least Mariah is decent with the contestants and has class. I like Randy and Keith, both good judges. Get rid of the divas and you'll probably get viewers tuning back in.
  • Nikki ruined AI for me

I deleted AI from my DVR after the second night this year. I have watched it for years and enjoyed it even if I didn't like all of the judges. I had no idea who Nikki even was before it started, but after the first night was disgusted by her. The second night did not get any better and I knew I could not watch that disrespectful person for the whole season. As long as they keep her as a judge they have lost a viewer. I have moved on to The Voice. At least they truly base their original decisions on the voice and not the look.
  • Nikki Needs To Stay!!!!!!!

I actually started watching AI with a bad taste in my mouth for Nikki because of all the drama I heard. However, I am enjoying her as a judge. I do not mind a judge that will be truthful. I enjoy her rapport she has with the contestants. I actually enjoy her comments better than the others. I do like all the judges I just wish there chemistry was like the judges on The Voice
  • black propaganda

5.5
    very obvious that all judges are pro black even the white bitch on the panel "who loves" what the black girls do. no chance for the whitey on this show . one goal in mind and it is a black out.

this show should be called "African-American Idol". it is very clear. well kind of dark
  • Agreeed

I agree completely, it is sad. I have been sweating this show for years and this season is terrible. The dynamic between the judges is so out of sink. It is stuffy to watch them all up there on the panel pretending to get along, fake smilin, sarcasin each other, it's probably responsible for why the talent has been chosen so improperly this season. Now they have this poor guy Lazaro who other wise may not win the competition up there getting roasted after he was being previously credited very highly from the judges well after Hollywood week. I was so upset last night listening to them critisize Lazaro. The judges are part of why he is in the finals, looks like they forgot, that is not at all Lazaro's fault irregardless of his singing ability as well as his disability. I'm not gonna continue to watch the judges try to fix their mistakes at the expense Lazaro's feelings, forget it, he's not my pick but I feel for him..
  • this is the worst season of american idol ever 4-10-2013 !

This is the worst season (season 12) of American Idol I have ever seen, all the way from the judges to the talent, I can't even watch anymore, the judges and the talent or so called talent are very hard to listen to, the first season that I have ever stopped watching and recording, sorry to see it drop out of being a great show to watch.
  • burnell taylor

when burnell taylor left the show,i left the show!

• Idol needs to go back in time.

3.5
    Replace Idol with reruns of the Gong Show (look it up on IMDB). A talent show where you got one Gong and you were gone.
  • How many will Lazaro take out?

My favorite was Burnell.

I am so sad to see you go, Burnell.

Jimmy was right that Lazaro was the only choice to go.

Lazaro's story is taking out better singers.
  • Method Of Voting Needs To Be Changed

America is turning this show into a popularity/sympathy contest.

It is a singing contest - nothing else.

The judges have to get involved in the voting process right to the end.

Let America's vote only count as a part of the overall selection.

A fair formula needs to be worked out.

Lazaro should have been gone along time ago. Instead, talented people were sent home.

Also the save should have been used the first week, when Curtis got the axe.

That's what it was design for - saving talented people.

If this aspect of the show isn't changed, I will no longer watch.

• Its bad it was better before the old judges left

1.5
    Simon and Randy are and were the only two good judges Simon used to judge on the person's voice if you listen to the new episodes carefully the judges are just judging on appearance. The show used to be WAYYYY better!!!!!!!! GET BETTER JUDGES!!!!! The voice is so much better. Of course the sob stories are annoying aswell that's not the shows fault its the people, but the judges say no at first and then when they hear the stories the all of a sudden change there mind! I know they dont want to be mean, but they could kindly say they didn't make it instead they're just lying to the people!
  • The Downward Spiral of American Idol

Remember the glory days of Randy, Paula and Simon? When American Idol (and the world) made sense, even when Paula's ramblings made none. Back before Ryan Seacrest's Joker-like smile became contemptuous and bitter. Since 2009, Idol has a taken a nose dive. Kira, Ellen, Nikki agents of distruction. Steven Tyler, J Lo, on a mortal wound. Keith Urban, well meaning bystander. And, Nikki Manaj may very well be the bullet to the head that lays Idol to rest. I no longer watch.

• Worst Idol Judge Ever

Nicky Minaj lacks education, class, professionalism, dignity and integrity... So what is left? Nicky Minaj... This woman is as ignorant and belligerent as they come... She has an extend vocabulary straight from the streets, and that is being polite about it! The contestants work so hard and are dedicated to putting on a good show. The contestants like everyone else have their good and bad days and they do not deserve the harsh, ignorant criticism by the likes of Nicky...

Randy is Randy, whether you love him or leave him, he is a pleasant character in this show; Keith Urban is very polite, professional, intelligent, and straight on with his criticism or praise; Mariah in my opinion, is respectful of the contestants, she understands how hard they work and their dedication to the show. I find Mariah to be caring and professional when she critiques the contestants and dose so in a polite and dignified manner... I really enjoy all the exceptional talent this year, and judges with the exception of the street hood!
  • How did the judges get to be there? How many beds were left unkempt?

I have watched off and on since the beginning. Sure, some contestants are like Barney Fife in the choir.

But, the judges in their careers (especially the older ones), were at the right place at the right time and chose their style of music, thus Aerosmith, (oh my, how many overdubs did they have?) etc. (but yet they judge those that perform music they don't like?). The younger ones have to have pitch correction on every song, and believe it or not, the "casting couch" is alive and well in LA and NYC no matter which gender it takes to make it.
  • So Disappointing!

I have been a faithful watcher of AI since the beginning. Even thru the many changes in judges over time, I have remained faithful. This year, I can no longer watch. The panel of judges is nothing less than annoying, annoying, annoying. They out due one another in arrogance. I have a feeling that this will do the show in once and for all. Officially off my DVR. Hurry up and get off the air and allow a show with some class to replace it.
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15