American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 Between Seasons

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews page 13 of 41

7.3
  • So it's Feb. 11 and I just got up from watching American Idol. I am completely shocked and super upset that Jamar Rogers didn't make it. Looking at some who did make it, things aren't making much sense.

So after watching this last episode of American Idol I am completely shocked. As I stated before I cannot believe some of the idiots that made it through, yet the people with talent that got sent home. The show is starting to become more and more fake to me. I feel as though they are using people to get ratings, which is not fair. Jamar Rogers was so talented and he didn't make it. Jessi, Tatiana, and whatever that guy calls himself, Norm the wacko weirdo one!! They made it. They are part of the final crew!! I am beginning to wonder if they are even looking at talent. As Simon says pick the attractive one, how fair is that. I can definately say I am almost through watching the show. I am in total shock and honestly pretty upset that Jamar got sent home. Yes there were otheres on the show with talent, but he, he stood out in more than one way. He had his own style, his own voice, and he was a very good person. American Idol needs to invest in new judges who are looking for talent and not a pretty face!
  • American Idol are a racist bunch including Randy against black singers.

American Idol are a racist bunch including Randy against black singers. They sent the best male vocalist home tonight which happened to be black on this date 2/11 and kept the less impressive white males which were all white. I could not believe what I saw tonight. There is no other words to explain sending this idol home. I will not waste time watching this crapped in the future.

Can someone tell me why you can't submit a review unless it's 100 words long. I don't need a hundred words to state how I feel about the crap that's on television now but if you want a waste of words then here they are.
  • It's getting old.

It's just getting old. It's not as interesting as it was in the beginning. I'm sick of Ryan Seacrest's "After the break!" and Simon's horrible taste in music and Paula's Paulaness. And really, who cares about Randy? And Kara? She's just been added to bring drama to the show. It's just gotten ridiculous. Especially the auditions. I dont even watch the auditions because it seems like a waste of time. We'll have to see how the Hollywood rounds. And then the top 24 or whatever. Then my opinion might change because it's not all about the judges. I really hope they dont bring a season next year.
  • certain people can sing, so freaking what!!!

Before i go off bashing American Idol i will admit to watching it seldomly during the first few seasons although most of the shows i saw where the tryouts.

So basically the show is showing people who can or can not sing. My question is why is it so entertaining to watch someone sing? Don't get me wrong, some of these people are very talented but getting 30 million viewers a week and having more voting on the show than in a Presidential Election, its straight up embarrassing. Plus the popularity of the winners fades so fast, was it worth it? NO!!!

WATCH BETTER SHOWS PEOPLE!!!!!!
  • Good Show

People come from all over the nation to audition, in the hopes that they will make it as the next American Idol, a multi million dollar contract and the rest of their lives as an unforgettable icon. I must admit that I watch it just to watch people make a fool out of themselves, they think that they can actually sing! Now granted some actually can, but whoa! Some...should have just stayed at home! Every season I tune in to hear what Simon is going to say, and see Paula defend herself! They decided to throw in a third judge this season to spice things up, and all though she brings a little more womens perspective...I think they still need to mix it up to keep it interesting.
  • This show is OK, but it's been on for so long it's getting boring.

I remember when this show first came out, I missed most of the first season, and I only saw the end. I enjoyed the show. Then after that I watched the rest of the seasons up until now and I have to say it's starting to lose it's charm a bit. The best part of the show for me is definitely the beginning where they have the auditions with the crappy singers; Some of them are so bad it's hilarious. But at other times I actually mute my TV. The judges were OK, I didn't mind them much, but I think Simon is the best one since he's the most honest and straightforward of all of them. But now they had to go and add another judge! I didn't really understand why, but then I found out it was because they were trying to bring up their ratings. I don't really like her that much either. It's like she's there for no reason.

And I also noticed that most of the winners from the show don't do anything after the show. The only ones that actually went somewhere were Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. All the other ones just basically went back to their normal lives or joined Broadway or whatever. My overall opinion is that this show isn't as good as it used to be and they should rethink some of the things they've done.
  • Hope the show picks up and we can start to see some real talent.

Very disappointed with last nights show. Way too many commercials, not enough contestants and too much time spent on the judges. Would like to see more performances and less drama. My family likes to watch the show but seriously all we saw last night were commercials. One contestant would perform (or not) and then ten commercials. My daughter has to go to bed for school the next day so I usually tape the last half hour for her to watch later but it wasnt even worth taping. What happen to only sending the ones through to hollywood that were talented?
  • L O L

When I started watching American Idol, I was abit skeptical. Then when I watched it it was so funny! Youd end up laughing when they get booed I love that. Simon Powell is the sarcastic Judge Hes so harsh I know its bad still hes my fav, this season around paulas taking a better apporach at being a judge. Time for the Cons, I think Ryan Seacrest is a idiot and should be fired hes happy all the time. Another bad thing is that well i cant think of any bad things about this show but one bad thing is that its easliy hyped >:P
  • I really used to like American Idol, however in recent years the show has been starting to feel a little tired. They don't seem to show the best singers, or the worst anymore but rather all the mediocre mid ground singers.

Although last years season of American Idol was reasonable, the last really good one was season 4. Season five and six were pretty dire. Season seven was average and from what I've seen so far of season eight, the show is rapidly descending into mediocre land. I don't know if it's just me, but this year there seems to be a lot more "personal stories", and a lot less actual auditions, which is a real shame because the audition process and hollywood week were the highlights of the show. Personally I would prefer the format reversed to 12 weeks of auditions and 4 weeks of live shows instead. The show just isn't capturing me this season and seems very, dare I say... bland. The chemistry between the judges just seems to have evaporated away, although I'm not sure if this is because of the addition of the fourth judge or not. A fourth judge added to the UK talent show X-Factor worked very well, so I'm inclined to think not. Perhaps the judges themselves have become bored, or maybe listening to tens of thousands of talentless muppets droning on has finally taken it's toll. Either way the show is seriously lacking something this season, and is being outshone by programs like Americas Got Talent which is usually a good indicator that it's time to call it quits.
  • And now to quote the host of 'Total Drama Island': And the word of the day for THIS show is: Mediocre!!!!

5.5
    Yeah! This show! It really used to be good. And that ain't no lie! I used to watch it soon after the first season came out. my family joined in, of course. Later on, during the 2nd or 3rd season, we were able to call in and vote for some of these contestants, who sang their hearts out. I remember...There was one very good contestant that my Mom and I really loved...Constantine Maroulis. We really wanted him to win! And of course, he lost one night. Why!? To this day, I have no Earthy Idea!! Even my high school teacher was upset over it!! After that, I never watched that junk show ever! Never again!!
  • This show is so unoriginal...wannabees wanting to become the next superstar! They shouldv'e ended the show a long time ago, but I have to admit it was good up to season 8

I admit I used to like this show. I watched from when Kelly Clarkson won to when David Cook won last year. Carrie Underwood is amazing and one of my favorite singers. But now this show seems to be turning for the worse. It's corny and the audtions this year were not good. I only spotted a couple of truly good singers. Randy and Simon are letting any girl through that looks good. That bikini girl is one of the worse singers I've ever heard. She's terrible...I would NEVER watch the show again if she made it to the finals. Also there were some good singers they didn't let through to Hollywood and some not so good singers actually are going to Hollywood. This show's becoming a joke. I think it's time that this show got cancelled...but that'll probably never happen since so many people watch it.
  • not a bad show

Okay, im not those kinda guilty pleasure people so i feel kinda bad for those people who got some rude sarcasm from Simon and the other judges

BUT i do love this show because its like a talent search shows where ordinary people can become superstars (even those that didnt get in). and some of the auditions can be pretty funny too. and i have to admit one guilty pleasure i do enjoy it when the contestants fight with Simon and all xD

And the winners are like usually not the best but ok, never mind, i wont talk

Ok show. hope it lasts for a long time :)
  • have no idea why this show is so popular but then I don't get reality tv in general. Seriously its dreck like this that is dumbing down the population. I don't care about this show and wish it would die already. Oh and Ryan Seacrest should die too.

Hmm well I pretty much summed up my feelings in the summary this is serious crap reality shows are a plague that needs to be exterminated. I don't get the appeal with this, Survivor, America's Top Model or any of the other countless reality shows I watch tv to escape reality not be constantly bombarded with it. Whoever thought reality tv was a good idea needs to be tortured severely. I say that all of the reality show creators need to be shipped off to a deserted island and then left there to starve to death maybe if we are lucky they will eat each other.
  • A spectacular show, basically a talent search.

I love this show. It's cool to see all of the contestants, for better or for worse. I absolutely love the judges. Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and my personal favorite, Simon Cowell. In my opinion, Simon makes this show. American Idol would be nothing without Simon. Many think that Simon is harsh, however if you look at what he says, you realize that what he says is true. Simon's always right. It might be harsh, but it's all true. This show is very popular for a reason. I don't watch shows just to "Follow the crowd" but, this show is amazing.
  • greatest show ever on reality t.v

i like this show the funniest part of every new season is the beginning when people try to make the cut. i don't way but all the people who sing bad always come to the place and "think" i sing good and when they get insulted by simon that makes it funny but as it goes on it gets interesting. you want to see the winner and me too. so i like those people and probably if they didn't have that part i think most people wouldn't even know that american idol existed. i can't wait until it comes again and i want to see those people that sing bad and than get insulted on LIVE T.V!!!!! that is funny
  • I present to you my opinion of Americon Idol, the show that makes dreams come true!

I enjoy watching American Idol! When each season begins, my family gathers around the tv every week to see the auditions. We quickly pick our favorites and laugh about the 'funnies'. I can hardly wait to cast a vote! I usually stick with one or two singers and follow them to the end faithfully. I can not get enough of the judges! During the first few seasons, I compared Simon to a shock jock, with his extreme personality and no hold back opinion! Even when I don't agree with him, I respect his decisions. Paula is so awesome! She is definitely the heart of the group. I don't believe a season has past without her connecting with a contestants family and helping those who don't make it to the show feel inspired to continue their dreams! Randy, Randy, Randy. Mr. Jackson has to be the coolest cat (or should I say 'Dawg'?). I find him to be very collected and self assured! He never fails to mention his resume and celebrity connectionsJ
    Over all, my experience with Idol is a positive one. If I could sing, I would definitely give it a shot! It is the show that makes dreams come true!
  • A left handed compliment for an American Phenomenon

For me, American Idol is best each season at the beginning of it's run. I have to admit, I get my biggest charge out of the contestants that haven't a snowball's chance in hell of making it past the first round. For instance, last season, there was this skinny contestant with wild eyes, no voice worth mentioning and long blond hair that was swaying back and forth like a snake charmer while Simon just sat there with a look of abject horror on his face. I howled with laughter and almost strangled on my popcorn while watching this. While running to the kitchen for a glass of water to clear my throat, I had this mental image of Simon sitting in his judge's seat, running a cleaning patch down the barrel of an enfield rifle and smiling a sappy smile at this particular contestant and preparing to put him out of his misery. I went back into hysterics all over again. Lot's of good tantrums during the first couple of weeks of a new season, always good for a giggle or two.
  • people in a singing contest! yee-haw!

ive watched this show forever since i was little. ive loved every season and ive watched it. let me comment on the judges. Paula Abdul- mrs. positive. this crazy judge uses her seal clap to make the contestants happy. randy jackson- sup dawg?
    mr. middle here. simon cowell- hideous. mr.negative.

i usally agree with randy or simon. i predicted carrie underwood would win in the 24 week- she has had the greatest success so far.good for her- watch this family show(not always) on foxnetwork two or three nights a week ! its just so coolio yo! i i i i i like it yo!
  • i am so annoyed

i just wrote a review that was 110 words long then tv.com makes me comp crash and the window closes. so instead im going to write every word spaced out. t h i s - i s - a - f u n n y - s h o w - i n - t h e - a u d i t i o n s - a n d - v e r y - t e n s e - i n - t h e - f i n a l e - t h o s e - a r e t h e - o n l y - p a r t s - i - w a t c h
  • This show has done a great disservice to music, television and humanity in general.

When people talk about "How bad TV is these days" or how reality shows are the cancer killing television, they're talking about American Idol.

I can't think of anything on TV more mundane than this show. The judges take cheap shots at everyone, they don't care about their feelings, they don't care about the fact that people in society are expected to at least PRETEND to be polite. They are horrible human beings.

Simon Cowell is responsible for abominations like Five and Westlife. He creates plastic music, makes boy bands for a living. He embodies everything that's wrong with the music industry (besides the RIAA).

Paula Abdul is just some failed singer from the 80's and the other guy is related to Samuel L. Jackson I think and that's all he's ever done.

And the fact that this... thing helped the genre of reality shows makes me hate it even more.
  • Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, and Randy Jackson recruit singers to travel to L.A. in a competition to become the next "American Idol."

America's favorite television program is my least favorite television program.

I can tell you this right now--whoever started this had something weird going on in his head. This format never fails to leave me bemused. And then you have the matter of the singers--once again, we come to the matter of looks before talent. Okay, who cares if you have a beautiful contestant--That's not the point! The point of the show is to recruit talented contestants who can actually sing, and all they do is recruit the beautiful ones who can't sing at all!

And the judges--everyone boos Simon, well let me tell you, he knows what he's talking about. Maybe he's reading some cheesy insults book before he starts judging, but trust me, this guy knows who to insult and the comments he gives are ALWAYS directed towards the right people. So stop hating Simon--I honestly agree with him, NONE of these people have what it takes. And then you have Randy--does this man have any word other than "dawg" in his vocabulary?

And then there's Paula, the sweet, cute, pretty judge who showed up drunk to the 2007 Final Awards Show.

Okay, here's the bottom line: This show has completely hypnotized America but it will never hypnotize me because I will never watch it because it is a truly terrible, underthought, overrated, talentless television program.

Enough said.
  • Very entertaining

American Idol, as 99% of the American population could probably tell you, is a reality show where an 'American Idol' is chosen through a series of votes and elimination. The three judges, Simon, Randy, and Paula are extremely well-known even to non-watchers of the show because of their unique quirks- Randy's constant use of 'yo' 'dawg' and 'dude', Paula's always trying not to hurt anyone's feelings, and Simon's brutal honesty. I acually like Simon, I think it's great how he's always honest, and not afraid to speak his mind (no matter how much the crowd boos him). The show has also created some great singers- Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, etc. So, give this show a watch some time. You may just find that some reality shows are acually very good!
  • American Idol looks popular.

I haven't seen this show much but still doesn't look to be that bad to watch, so to me it also looks informative because of good singers chosen, so the judges tell us who they think are great singers, but sometimes they don't know great songs when they hear them and great singers when they see them because i heard from an insider that the woman who sang Bubbly tried out for this twice but wasn't ever chosen to be one of American Idol's top singers, however, she decided to carry out her song elsewhere and when many people heard it, she became famous for good singing. As for me i like the song Bubbly too, it is quite soothing and also kind of catchy. Some other famous singers that are known from word of mouth from American Idol i kno about too, like Ryan Seacrest. (Heard that from Gibby in an iCarly episode.) And one of the judges (Randy Jackson) from another iCarly epispode. Channel surfing sounds good for me to watch a full episode of this show because it does sound pretty cool.
  • The only reality show that I can actually sit through for more than 30 minutes.

Maybe it's the three judges, each presenting a different personality to the table or the fact that each has their own idea and opinion of what THE "American Idol" should be. Then again, maybe it's the fact that millions of people every year audition for it and for what? To be ridiculed or appluaded over a minute and a half (sometimes two minutes) performance of a song that they only had a chance to practice for less than a week. Maybe it's the fact every person on that show is dreaming of making a career in something they love, something they've always wanted or suddenly fell in love with. Or maybe it's the fact that all of these people competing are just like you and me. Whatever the reason that this show is so successful and crowd pleasing, it deserves everything - fair and square. "American Idol" is without a doubt the best reality show on television and certainly the only one that's almost too easy to sit through for more than an hour (sometimes two). So, go ahead and take the plunge into this sea of songs, singers, lyrics, judges, and world wide pleasure. It's the best.
  • The best reality show on tv.

I came onto American Idol in season 4 and wanted Carrie Underwood to win. After that season 5 I had many favorites, but they didn't win. Season 6 I absolutly hated as being the worst season ever. (I didn't see season 3 and I hear that was worst). Season 7 has to have been the best season by far. My favorite from the beginning of the top 24 was David Cook and despite everyone wanting Archie to win, the wordnerd prevailed. Also this season had many people who could actually sing such as : David Cook, David Archuletta, Jason Castro, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook, and Michael Johns. I cannot wait to see them all on tour.
  • One of my all time fave reality shows.

I've been watching this show since season one and I was instantly hooked' I watch it everytime it comes on. I do admit that I've missed at least 2 or 3 episodes of the show but that's not really alot considering the show has been on for seavan seasons. My fave idol so far would have to be David Cook. I know that alot of people would like Archelta to win but I'm glad Cook won he deserved it more. My fave female idol is Kelly Clarkson and love all her songs. Carrie Underwood is good but the only songs of her that appeal to be are "Before he Cheats" and "Jesus Take the Wheel". Jordin Spearks is amazing but she's still a newer idol(she's only been around for about a 1) but her songs are really good but I have to see have she progress from now to the next 1 or 2 years.
  • boring, and congratz

First of all, I congratulate David Cook for he rocked that performance and he won. sad thing is that American Idol isn't fun anymore. Sure Simon was fine but ever since Sanjaya came, everything was so interesting. I mean don't you think that American Idol judges should take in more interesting people with spunk. I watched Season 7 and it was so insipid until the two Davids fought it off. His words were so good I love him to pieces. He totally deserved it and he just had to handle those rude critiques from that rotten Simon Cowell. Thank you.
  • It's a boredom, and my mom watches it....

2.6
    I can't belive it. Everytime we wanna play the Wii, my mom comes bumping in and watch American Idol. I always crigne to death.

Okay, I admit it! I watched it too. When it was in the first season, yes. But then, it reapets. Over and OVER again! And, the last one, not with the two Daves, but Katherine and whatshisface, I really got pissed. I mean, Mom made a big fuss on this Taylor guy. I was so PISSED!! I don't like i anymore. I hope I would see this in a tabloid, saying it's boring and off the air. No offence with all AI fans.
  • The Two best performers.

Well guys, it's sure was one heck of a season in my book. The talent this year was awesome!! I was pulling all along for Brooke White and David Archuleta. Brooke just seemed so humble and passionate about her music. It takes a lot of guts to perform in front of an audience singing, much less playing a piano. When she mistakenly lost her words determined who she really was while being extremely nervous. She pulled it off well. I wish her the best!!

Now David Archuleta i thought stole the show on his version of "imagine". It was an awesome twist of melody. I'm sure he will do well wherever he goes. I wish him the best also!!

cheers

ray
  • America choses which Idol hopeful will be going home every week, while every week has its own theme that the hopefuls must sing to.

I can not tear my eyes away from Fox evey tuesday and wednesday night when this show is on. I get sucked into ths show from the very begining, with the awful yet hilarious try outs. I love the differences in the style of judging, with Simon being tough and to the point, Paula being positive, and Randy on the technique of their performances. It does get tiresome after the Top 12 are chosen, however. In my opinion, everything starts to get repetitive after a whlie, and it is easy to expect what is going to happen. Towards the end, though, the competition really gets interesting, and if America gets it right, the final show is definitely one to remember.