American Idol

FOX (ended 2016)

American Idol Fan Reviews page 28 of 49

7.2
  • The judges are to harsh on people.It is not easy to get up there in front of people's in performed.If they did bad just say keeping trying to reach your goals.Telling them to go to school for singing.These people's have feelings.Because you hurt them.

1.3
    The judge don't know how to sing.You don't hear nobody hurting there feelings.Paula Adual don't know how to sing that's why she hasn't came out with a album for yrs.Paula is miserable with her life.She admits to having mental issue.She can't keep a man.Randy and Simon or ugly.Who want to date them.Simon might have a little of sugar in his pants.Paula getting drunk all the time.Treat people's like you want to be treated.And thats with respect.Every body is somebody and every body has a gift.
  • What are people thinking?!

This show has gone from being a sensation to a joke. Just the fact that Sanjaya is still on the show is proof of that. True, this top 12 group is the worst out of all the seasons, but Brandon, Stephanie, and Chris should have stayed longer than the kid with the hair. Could you believe his faux-hawk?! It's crazy! Simply because America is making a joke out of it. Right now, it's just funny to me, but the week I find Melinda, or Lakisha in the bottom three I'm going to get angry. Hopefully Sanjaya will go soon though.
  • yuckk.. ppl are being racist over this stupid show. JUST LET SANJAYA GO ALREADY

for starters, I am an indian. and ppl are thinking that this is a racial thing. so not true. I want sanjaya to go just as much as anyone else. Doesnt mean everyoen else who hate's him accuse all indians for wanting him to win. indians have more dignity than that c'mon. he isnt really making anyone proud that they vote for him. Maybe he should just step down or something. change the voting system. have ppl who noe something about music come and teach em...like the british advisors. what does gwen stefani know about music. she just talks in her songs for crying out loud. instead of letting ppl vote for who goes out, vote the bottom 3 and choose from there. not randy or paula, but simon's got an idea of waht's going on. i mean no one knows what he does, but he knows what he's talking about...not some crappy yo factor. maybe they should find a winner, who wont make a fool of themself, unlike taylor hicks...who hasnt DONE ANYTHING.
  • My Problem With American Idol.

I have watched American Idol since season two, the big battle between Rubin and Clay. Every year I go though a range of emotions over the show form joy to hate, excited to upset. But the last two season and this current season I have found to be awful mainly for one reason. The judges apper to pick a favorite and drive that singer to the finals. They latched on to Bo Bice who thank god didn't win and Taylor Hicks who unfrotunely did win. These singers are allright but are frankly not deserving of a sport in the final two. This season they seem to be pushing Blake and Jorden both of who are talented but specifically in the case of Jorden are boreing and incredably unoriginal. I think its funny that you can allmost determine how far a contestet will go based on the judges's comments week one. I guess I still watch this show because of the gilmer of talent it still exhibbits for the Carrie Underwoods and the Kelly Clarksons but also for the Jasmine Trias and the LaToya Londons. The rest of the people I could do without. Also Paula is the best comedy on tv.
  • A basically good idea, except for the inevitable abuse of the system.

7.3
    This is my first year as an American Idol fan, and I can't decide whether or not I'm happy about that. The latest cast-offs have left me in doubt of America's sanity, and in fear that the final winner will not be the most deserving of it. I'm sure the original intention of the show was to eliminate all but the absolute best from the competiton, but I don't believe that that system will hold up while viewers are allowed to vote. Perhaps if we listened to the judges (who know what they're talking about), the outcome would be fair and honorable for those involved. But I'm feeling inclined to bail before I get even more attached, as the heartbreak will no doubt be very great.
  • Well i can tell you that I am starting to hate the show because of Sanjya still being there. I think that someone needs to step up and just kick him off the show. This is a singing contest and well he can not sing. this is turning into a racial thing.

Sanjaya winning because of his race obviously not his talent. Someone needs to step up and get rid of him this is a mockery of the show. People who have talent are being kicked off the show when they could actuall have a carrer in singing. I must say that i do feel it is racial votes but American Idol needs to realize that Indians do not buy records and if Sanjya wins there will be no records sold. All I have to say is StEp up and KiCk sanjaya he doesn't deserve to be there and everyone knows it!
  • Sanja should do the right thing and step down,and let those who can sing remain.We all are in misey every week that he remains and the better ones get kicked off.Simon is about the only one that tells it like it is.

SANJA stop putting us in misery.Do the right thing and step down.You can not sing,I would not listen to you even in the shower.Nor would I make my dog listen to you.The judges point of view should count as well as the voters,cause Simon tells it like it like it is.Sanja has gotten bad reviews and he's still there,no one under stands why.If their is some big wig paying people to vote for him They SHOULD STOP.Why let him go on thinking he can sing,when he can't.Too let him go on is a crule thing to do too him.I've seen the better to go and yet he still remains.
  • I think that Jordin did excellent on Tuesday and Simon had to cut her down. Seriously how would he like to be told that us as the viewers don't like his outfit or the fact that he is going bald. i am sorry simon but it truly does hurt.

I love this show but really I think that Simon really needs to be more sencere about the things that he tells his singers. Its rediculaous how he makes them feel. I know that all them people know that he ist elling the truth but he could really make it easier on them
  • "American Idol" Family Entertainment

Fox seems to have their fingers on the pulse of the nation!
    No matter what season it is...it is new and interesting. American Idol is the type of show that provides fantastic opportunity for the those who make the grade. It gives the viewing audience a sense of participating and provides "Family" entertainment!

There have also been some great spin-offs using the same type of format. Is this America's way of asking for more Family Time TV? These shows bridge the gaps between the generations and provide for conversations between the age groups!

My compliments to Fox for producing a show that appeals to all ages and is a quality production!
  • People compete to be a singer...a famous singer!

So, American Idol, where should I start? American Idol use to be my favorite show. I couldn't live without. Now, I don't care. All I do is watch the first few episodes, just so I can laugh at the people that can't sing :D! Mean, yes, Funny, very! Then, I just watch the last episode to see who won. I use to care, but it got boring. I'm still a big fan of the show...and simon :P! But not much can be done with the show, because, it's just a singing competition. I still think it's good, but it's not my favorite anymore!
  • The top 24 were as follows: Boys: Jared Cotter, Brandon Rodgers, A.J. Tabaldo, Paul Kim, Chris Sligh, Chris Richardson, Sanjaya Malakar, Nicholas Pedro, Rudy Cardenas, Blake Lewis, Sundance Head, and Phil Stacey.

I think Season 6 is the worst season so far. Sanjaya Malakar should have been off along time ago. In fact, he shouldn't have been in the top 24. I think the best idol was Paul Kim. I'm not just saying that because he's Asian and I'm Asian. But he has a good voice. He should still be on right now. I don't know how Sanjaya made it this far. Jared Cotter and Brandon Rodgers are way better. So are those other girls. He is a little weird to me anyway. He acts like a girl to me. Peace Ya'll. It's the Chink
  • hi

laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah laaaaaaaaaaah
  • This is like on of the best shows ever!

Ok don't argue with me cause I only started watching since season 3 or 4. I really like this show, I mean like a lot. Well basically it's a live singing competition, where America votes the winner. The winner gets fame(obviously) and a record deal. So first theres the aditions, where people actually get to go to hollywood. Then since theres like 100 or 150 or 200 or something girls, and 100, 150, or 200 boys they all go to hollywood. There they seriously cut down. First it's just themselves to see if they get cut, then they get put in groups, and then the final 12 boys and 12 girls are chosen. Afterwards they keep going (boys and girls seperate.) Until theres six each, and then they morph into one group. Then each week one of them goes home until one is left and that person is the winner! My favorite for this season (season 6) is Gina Glocksen. She's a really great singer. Did I mention that this show is great? Because it is.
  • Are we done yet?

4.8
    Is it me or is this show becoming more tedious as the seasons go on? Is there ANYONE in this current season who is even close to what the American Idol producers think should be their next "Kelly Clarkson"? The number of truly talented singers is few, (I think I can count them on one hand! Actually, make that three fingers!)I can't believe that this is the best of the best of untapped talent across the country. If so, I think AI has run it's course and should be put out to pasture. The least they could do is stop preempting "House" for this mess!!
  • it was just amazing the first four seasons and then every thing went -makes weird fart noise-

okay so fourth season best ever!!! Carrie underwood is by far the greatest idol ever!!!! fifth season it was okay but taylor did not derserve to win!!! if he did not have grey or gray watever!!! (hair btw) lol then he would have never won in the first place! that was awful where did he go or wat did he amount to?? nothing!!! chris should have won and i think that sanjaya or watever!!! lol should have been voted off a while ago. i think that america as in the viewers who watch the show should start to vote for the right person i mean sure if willim hung made it to the finals that would have been pretty awesome but like just stop with the stupid random dumb voting pick the best one!!! thats how u play the dumb game!!!! okay i need to set the table my dad is yelling at me bye!
  • This show is great, but also disapoints me greatly. Check the tv.com American Idol voting, Sanjaya has the lead and he's horrible!

I love watching this show and listening to the great singers, like this seasons Blake Lewis, Chris Richardson, Lakisha Jones, and Melinda Dolitte. But people like Sanjaya Malikar (which is only staying in by the voters from America's Worst Singer Website, and Howard K Stern is persuading people to vote for him) and Haley whatever shouldn't be in this competition! Sanjaya is flat out bad, with is singing and looks, and Haley isn't a very good singer, she's just pretty. Why do people like them have to be on american idol? This is why American Idol is disapointing me. Please for all the people that think Sanjaya is horrible, vote for someone other than him! Get him out of the competition, he's terrible. Who agrees with me?
  • Now this used to be a good show, and in season 1 i wouldve given it a 9 or something. Then along came one thought....

Where is the "real" in reality shows? In season 1 Kelly Clarkson, a country girl with a voice like no other was discovered. I was really impressed, and I watched season 2 also. I liked Reuben Studdard too. Watched season three and.................can't even remember who won. I thought to myself as my entire grade bet against who would win, "These judges, not to mention everyone who votes, shoot down these young hopefuls dreams of becoming a singer. I'd be able to live with that considering the fact that these people walked straight into it and shouldn'tve built their hopes up, but it's not just that. The show is so.........plastic. It almost seems like it's planned out, and the judges are almost like robots. Seriously. When you think o Simon Cowell you think "mean." When you think of Paula Abdul you think, "nice." When you think of Randy whatever-his-last-name-is you think, "dawg." (which isn't a legitimate answer, but he's kind of the judge that could go either way.) I really hate this show, and I hope that other people realize that it's all just a facade....
  • What happened to all the great singers?

Well back in the day, when the first season of American Idol aired, I was totally obsessed. I loved the fact of ordinary people becoming famous at the snap of a finger. But American Idol has changed since then. Now, the first two seasons were really awesome, I loved everyone who was on it(excluding a few people but not naming any names), but at least everyone seemed genuine. But starting at the end of the second season and on, it just lost it's spark. They started changing the competition rules such as how you got into the top tweleve and now you can sing with a full band and back up singers rather than just a piano. It has just gotten really ridiculous. And to add to that, they're aren't really many good singers left. And I'm not exaggerating at all. It has slowly been getting worse each and each season and this current season is really horrible. Now this is just my opinon, but I don't see what the hype is, it sucks people get over it. But that is just my opinion.

Sim♥
  • American is a singing competion in America which was created by Simon Fuller and it originated from the British show "pop idol".They have had five seasons,they currently have season 6.

I love this show,it it very interesting and the auditions are so funny.I think Randy is a neutral judge because he is not too nice or too mean,Paula is the kind judge who tries to not hurt the contestant's feelings,and Simon is the mean judge and he is too honest!I have barely missed an episode of Season 6,the NY and Seattle auditions were so crazy and funny.It's sad that Brandon got voted off,he was a really good singer and the Reason why Sanjaya{he is a ok singer}is still in the competition is because Votefortheworst.com supports him and wants to make AI a funny show with really bad singers.I think there is going to be a competition between Melinda,Stephanie,Jordin,and LaKisha{they are so talented} because they are some of the best Top 12 singers.Overall the show is preety great and fun to watch.
  • American Idol is a fantastic show, where anyone with talent can be a star!

I really like American Idol because it gives everyone a chance to become a star. That is--if you have talent. During auditions these contestants that can't carry a tune really think they're good. Somehow I can't get my mind around that. Don't you hear yourself? Why didn't anyone just tell them the truth? So we laugh...How can you not? It's hilarious. This season six is starting off well. There is some truely talented people there, but out of 20 there are only about 9 or 10 to really battle it out. I liked the dedications. They do have a wardrobe consultant at this point, right? I mean still some of the outfits are not that great. I would expect better. But look at the awards ceremony. If you make a million a year or more you better start learning how to dress yourself. These young adults on AI can more often than not, dress better than some of the people making millions!!
  • Now this used to be a funny and cool show but now It's dull and boring!

6.7
    I used to watch this show during it's third and fourth season and what I saw was great! The singing, the voices and the people! But now It has gotten quite dull and a little boring for some strange reason, which has really let me down, especially because It was one of my favorites.
    But now I find that the only thing that I like about this show are the auditions which give me a huge laugh especially that Simon Cowell! He's quite the character, Randy's okay and the lady judge just sucks now, they all kind of do! But I'll never forget that Simon Cowell! That's why he is my icon.
    But overall I'm really let down by the fact that this show is no longer good and I'm hoping that one day It does become good again so I can save money on cry hankies because they really do cost quite a bit and buying them just for crying because one of my favorite shows is lost is really no point!
  • I used to watch it all the time, but now I have just lost interest.

American Idol was great when it started. I started watching it on the very last episode of the first season when Kelly Clarkson won. I got interested in it and watched it ever since. Well, actually I haven't watched it this season, which would be season 6. I started getting bored with it during season 5. I watched the whole thing though. The classic auditions are still hilarious though. My favorite season was 3. Although I did not want Fantasia to win, I enjoyed it very much. Simon, Paula, and Randy are a great mix of judges as well as the occasional guest judge. Simon is my favorite judge because what he says is usually true, except he says it in a negative way. Paula is too nice and Randy is just always on the fence. American Idol was a great show, now it's just an okay show.
  • American Idol is quickly becoming a popularity contest instead of a singing competition. Listen to Sanjan or that Horrible nasaly chick Haley! How the H_LL do they get passed through every week? If SanJan didn't have long hair he wouldn't be there!!!!!!

4.8
    The last two or three years have been very good and entertaining but this year... I don't know what Paula, Simon, Randy were thinking! It's like they picked from the bottom of the barrel. Surely they had better to pick from. I think they're popularity went to their heads and they just went off the deep end! Maybe their heads will finally explode next year and they can find some judges that truly knows talent when they see and HEAR it!!!!!
  • ok.....this show is making me kinda mad now....

ok....Sanjaya is winning and he has NO talent! come on! i am so mad i feel like punching my TV!!! i think Chris Sligh is good but i am confused. maybe people are trying to make Sanjaya win as a joke.....well to tell ya one thing, it AINT FUNNY! it is terrible!!!!! like a nightmare i cant escape! i just dont get the point of this show when the worst singer in the world is winning! what is wrong with this planet!?! i think i might just stop watching it because of this madness! if it doesn't stop, then i am doomed!
  • My favorite show on TV. I just don't like it when someone I don't like doesn't go home.

American Idol seems like an all new American Dream. Contestants go through auditions. The best,the ok, the bad, and the really bad. They make it through that, they are chosen to be in the top 24. Then they compete every week to gain our votes. Then comes the top twelve. This is the point where you, even if you get voted our, someone could hire you. (Possibly the top 16, too.) But it all comes down to the American Idol. Number 1. The big finale. Who will win our votes? Who will be the best? Tune in to find out!

Oh, yeah, and Sanjaya needs to go home.
  • WHAT?! Sanjaya escapes again? BAH!

3.4
    Okay...I have no idea how the no talent, changling got thru AGAIN! He can not sing, he changes his hair way too often (Im thinking that the longer he stays the more he will change himself into looking more like his sister so she can come in half thru the competition and take over for him)
    Yea...Brandon screwed up his words, so what...boy can sing. Not that he will not get a record deal or anything. Seems lately with idol other than Underwoon/Clarkson and Fantasia, it is the people who do NOT win the competition go further. I hope this no talent little boy goes home...he really is trying my patience.
  • American Idol is a singing competition.The winner gets a recording contract,etc.

How creative...A television talent search.Isn't America over that stage? Yeah,I know our country revolves around materialism and pop culture (not that I don't get my daily fix) but American Idol is in it's sixth season...Yea,I'm a big fan of Kelly and Carrie..I watch the show and vote,but it's getting old.It seems very rare for the winner to actually get popular,the losers are usually more succesful (example : Taylor Hicks and Chris Daughtry). I'm just saying,when will the world finally get over this stage.The entire series is predictable,the judges are predictable,the winners are predictable...Face it,the entire thing is predictable.I just don't like it anymore,it's the same thing every year.
  • One of my favorites, but not the best talent show. :(

7.7
    American Idol is one of my favorite shows. The show has awesome talent every season from the booming voice of the first Idol Kelly Clarkson to the rockin' performances of finalists Bo Bice and Constantine Maroulis this past season, and many more in between. The judge Simon Cowell, from the British version Pop Idol, always has something interesting and clever to say, and the show has its fair share of scandals to keep everyone talking. However, there's a couple reasons why I didn't rate it as high as I could have, with the main one being that the show is obviously fixed. This wasn't any more evident than this previous season, where all signs pointed to Carrie Underwood winning long before we got to the final two. There were hints that the show was fixed before, like when Clay Aiken lost the second season and great singers like Jennifer Hudson were eliminated far too early in season three. And if the show really isn't fixed, there are true flaws in the voting system that has hardly changed since the beginning of the show. These aspects almost ruin the show, and really need to be adressed in future seasons.

I'll still continue watching American Idol even with these faults to see the amazing (and not-so-amazing but quite hilarious) contestents and for its entertainment value. The show has done wonders to the careers of Kelly, Clay, Kimberly Locke, Josh Gracin, and many others, and I can't wait to see how the careers of Bo, Constantine, Vonzell Solomon, Anwar Robinson, etc. develop after this year. But now on, I will watch future seasons with a different attitude, that the great performers and my personal favorites may not make it as long as they truly deserve. The FCC summed it up perfectly, that American Idol is just as much of a competition as professional wrestling. But in my opinion, American Idol is definitely more interesting to watch than the latter, and one of the best shows TV has to offer today!
  • A Must In Life!

“This Is American Idol.” As I hear those words, my heart starts to beat as goose bumps surface my body. I yell from excitement and start to dance to the theme song! Unfortunately, it hasn’t always been this way. This might come as a shock, but this is my first time of actually watching American Idol. Yea, I’ve heard of it here and there, watched a bunch of clips, but that’s it. It didn’t really interest me! Why should I watch people sing while I can just hear them, I thought. Thank Goodness that was in the past! Luckily, one night, I barge into my sister’s room, I wanted to ask her about something. As I was about to say the first word of my sentence, she yells “SSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH!!!” and points at the TV. I look at her like she’s crazy, and then out of curiosity; I glance at what was so “important”. There, came an image of Simon Cowell, criticizing a contestant, “That Was Horrendous!” I didn’t know it back then, but from that moment I became addicted. Today, American Idol has become a huge impact in my life, it is simply a MUST. I love how it makes me experience different emotions every time I watch it! I also love the beautiful people in it (I know, I know, “This is a singing competition”), but who says I was talking about the competitors ;)
  • sigh.....

1.3
    I have to admit that reality shows are simply one of the genres on television that REALLY has to work to earn my approval. There are good ones....and there are definitely bad ones. Good ones grab my attention and may only last one season, but definitely leave a legacy. American Idol is a ridiculous excuse of television air time. There is no real advantage to winning the show, unless you're Carrie Underwood. Look at Kelly Clarkson.....she sucks and no one really likes her pop music.
    If there's no real advantage to winning the show, such as winning money or a job on Broadway.....why watch it?
    I'll tell you why....to humiliate the poor fools that try out.

This show needs to end and allow a GOOD one to take it's place.