American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 In Season

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews page 34 of 42

7.3
  • American Idol is a ver good show that is why i watch it every single week ever since the premiere of season 1 The person that i think has the potintal to win is Mandisa! she has a great singing voice and I don\'t think that the rest of the

For the show american idol i would probally give it a 9.5 because it is a very good show and almost perfict however if Mandisa wasn\'t on there the show would be and 8.5 because she is the most talended contestant on the whole entire show. thanks this is Arnoldbn15
  • This is one of the best reality shows there is.

American Idol is the best reality show there is out there, except for The Apprentice and Survivor. This proves who can and can't sing. It has been my dream to be on this show since I was in 8th grade. I love this show. My favorite winner is Carrie Underwood, who is original, and the very definition of an American Idol. She has talent, and is very confident. She's wonderful. American Idol is a great reality show. I'm hooked on reality shows, and this is one of the best. I love watching the judges critique the contestants, because it could be constructive, or harsh, but either way, the contestants get better and better. This show is great.
  • I love this show i cant wait for it to come on every week i'm obsessed lol music is my passion anyway

Ilove this show its awesome i cant wait for it to come on every week. I'm a Paula abdul fan already ,and i do like all the judges and Ryan cecrest very much. music is my passion. always been the groupie kinda a girl anyway.its hard to pick just one i think should win they are all very good.
  • This show is terible

I tink this show is one of the worst shows ever because it is funny sometimes at the begining of the season it is. The show is probible one of the worst At the third season. No one watches the show. Because it is terrible. At least i think that it is.
  • This is the ultimate show of who can and can't sing!

This show rox! I mean there is awseome singing, horrible singing when in auditions, and just plain funny moments. But my favorite Amercan Idol contestants ever have been:

1. Kelly Clarkson (Season 1)

2. Clay Aiken and Reuben Studdard (Season 2)

3. Anthony Federov (Season 4)

4. Fantasia (Season 3)

5. Ace Young (Season 5)

6. Kevin Covais (Season 5)

This show is awseome! Keep up teh good work contestants.
  • Pretty good.

This is a good show. I think Taylor is gonna win because now I'm gonna list my faves: Chris Katherine, and everyone else who can sing. Kudos to them. I watch this show every day and now I think that some of the contestants pick boring songs but I'm cool with that.
  • I personally think that this year Chris is going to win he can sing really good. i have watch every season of american idol i have guess every year who has won american idol and i have been right everytime ...so my guess this year with out a dought Chris

chris is so talented i think that he is a big role model for my kid here in lakeside ca. chris keep up the good work and just remember that people here in lakeside ca. are on your side in this competiton and don't worry about a thing okay bro.
  • Hate it. No point to it, really.

I hate this show, I really do. It seems to lack, point-wise. Apart from Kelly Clarkson, name one idol, Canadian, American, or otherwise, who has actually DONE something, continued to be popular.

None.

Year after year it's just the same thing. Sure, it's fun for a season, or two, or even three, but honestly. How many nights can you waste listening to Simon tell potential candidates that they have no talent? Watching those who didn't make it through the audition process go on and on about how moronic the show's judges are?

And unfortunately for those of us who hate it, we can't just ignore it. It still affects us, because FOX has to move everything around, program-wise, for this complete and utter waste of both time and advertising.
  • Simon Says Do Not Pass

Oh Simon, why are you so rude to these young stars? You can give criticism but it does not have to be so hurtful. When it comes to listening to the judges opinions, I listen to Randy and Paula and I realized that when it is your turn, it is best for me to change the channel for a couple minutes until you are finished degrading the contestant.
  • This is one of my favorite shows. I've seen every episode since season 2.

I love this show! This is like my favorite show. I cant not wait each year for it to start again. I have seen every episode since season 2 and recorded all of them on my DVR so I dont miss any episodes. I cant wait to see who wins season 5. from my preference, I think a girl will win. My favorites are Lisa Tucker, Paris Bennett, Kelly Pickler, Katherine ?, Mandisa. For the guys i like Taylor Hicks and Ace Young.
  • American Idol is the search for a superstar. You know the one where Kelly, Rubben, Fantasia and Carrie all became stars from. It is a awsome reality show which many viewers get hooked to their televisions with.

This is one of the best reality series in the last couples of years. American Idol is exciting to watch and many viewers tune in to watch the most ranked superstar search show ever! Without this show many inspirations would be lost and to sum it all up this show is absolutly awsome!
  • its an interesting show as long as there are cute guys in it. however, theyve already voted off all the cute guys. and i will never forgive them for voting off jon peter lewis.

the auditions can be funny. whiel watching the show, i grew to really like and really hate some people. of course, as usual, all the people i actually liked got voted off before even making it to the top 12, so i was very disappointed. and i miss jon peter lewis and believe that he should make an appearance on a future show on day when he releases his singles \\\"stories from hollywood\\\" and \\\"turn to grey\\\" and \\\"what\\\'s wrong?\\\". in my opinion, jon peter lewis was the best contestant american idol ever had.
  • Amature singers are selected to compete for top spot and a recording deal.

Great for the whole family. The intrest in this show lies in fact that the tv audience has an active role in selecting which of the singers moves on to the next level. The show is therefore unpredictable. Add to that the dry realism of judge Simon Cowell and the more charming subjectivity of Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson and the show has found a formula that works.

-Schrecker
  • Let the man speak!!

I think Ryan and Paula should let Simon speak his mind without interruptions. It is SO annoying when Paula interrupts him. Simon NEVER interrupts Randy or Paula...and when Ryan skipped over Simon Thursday, it really pissed me off! Let the man speak people! He just says what everyone else is thinking anyhow!
  • Thanks but no thanks

I'm at a loss for words. Karaoke is bad enough but when you add a huge topping of cheese.... .Well you get a very cheesy show. If this train wreck had some talent like the Inxs show did It might be something. I just don't get the appeal of this Karaoke show.
  • I luv this show it is just something about this show that makes me want to watch it and for this year 2006 a girl should win american idol because the girls are on top of thier game this season and the boys are alright but they are falling off

6.1
    i like american idol my favorite judge is all three of them because simon keeps it real and is outspoken like me and paula is so sweet and caring not like myself and randy is just cool and laid back. i\'m like that sometimes i am glad the twins are off the sow because they were annoying and thinking they stars already complaining about every single thing thats why they got locked up for forging so i am very upset with you all because u kicked the light skinned blck girl off the show ( i dont know her name ) i likedher and all but that didn\'t not mean that she was my favorite
  • What??!?!??!??!!?!?!?

I really honestly don't get this show was kind of weird. I just don't see the interesting part of watching losers get into celeb's it's th wrong thing to happen in the world. I really thought it was ok but the layout was not the best they should make it private don't host it on tv that's my opinion for this slightly crappy tv show thats totlly my review for this that's all I have to say about this.

Please Reccomend My Reviews!

hannahsbf
  • If you've checked out any of my other reviews, you'll know that it doesn't take much to impress me...

American Idol is very influential and encourages those who don't make it to keep trying. If I could sing, I would rather sing in the shower than on stage and have to listen to Cowell. I think they have a better format this year with the 3 nights a week. It gives the contestants a bit more time to prove themselves.
  • It's a family programme for us, family watches it and I watch it as a follow-up to the gossips, ha ha.

7.3
    While so many of the friends and family of the contestants may find Simon's remarks a little too harsh or too direct, I personally think he is just speaking his mind and honest . I find Randy is just being polite and sincere but Paula is saving herself from the contestants supporters, being nicey wisey and agreeing almost all the time with Randy. Most of her comments don't run too far from Randy. Simon makes a good judge!
    Last year America voted for Carrie Underwood although I thought it would be Bo Bice,guess rockers are not too popular here, this year I have faith in Chris Daughtry, fingers crossed ;-)
  • Another reality show but on this one your singing your way to be the next American Idol.

Take Simon, Randy, Paula, Ryan and add some very tatlented singers from around the U.S. and you got American Idol. I enjoy whatching it although it is on to much like three times a week its way to many. For me Simon makes this whole show better cause w/o his comments it would just be a show about peoplke singing but he makes it funny.
  • American Idol is a good watch on most occasions. An array of personalities and social classes seem to have this in common and can relate; maybe for some for the first time.

American Idol: a great opportunity for the average joe/jos to be discovered, to receive constructive criticism and may be a reality check.

Most contestants are serious about there pursuit to become stars, but lets face it, some need to change there career paths, goals, and dreams. Ha!

This show gives upcoming stars and wanna-bes a vague insight into what being a star entails. To be in the spot light, working all hours learning songs, genres, and a demanding schedule. A miniscule experience compared to living the life 24/7.

American Idol is a show that families, friends, and co-workers can become involved in. Many offices hold pools as to who will be the next person booted and who will be the American Idol. Opens a door to conversation where participants are able to relate and partake. It is amazing that such a show could bring people together in this way. To discover others have the same interests and thoughts as oneself. (especially with people you would not otherwise converse with)
  • Put it in the trash where it belongs

Worst show EVER. I can't believe that people seriously watch this. Who really wants to see a bunch of idiots from around the country embarrass themselves on TV?

This show actually makes me wanna be sick. None of the people who have won the show have actually made something of themselves with the exception of Kelly Clarkson.

It might have been a good show for the first season or maybe even into the second but I personally think it should go.

Fox needs a better show than this they seem to out due themselves every year with an even worse idea at reality TV.
  • I LOVE American Idol!!!!!

I have watched American Idol since season one and it seems to me that it gets better every season. I love the whole concept. Each part has it advantages. The audition's showcase both the best and worst audition's of the season. That's when I usually pick my favorite's and the Hollywood round is a good place to get to know the contestant's better. My favorite part is the voting. America gets to be the judge's. We get to decide who stays and who goes. We get a chance to change people's lives. Not to mention you get hear some of your favorite song's with a twist. I would definitely recommend watching American Idol.
  • Well tonights show was pretty boring for me until I saw Mandissa perform.

I am an American Idolatic and have been pretty dissapointed with the performances of the Top 24 so far this year. I sat watching the Top 8 females give decent but boring performances, wanting to change the channel, but scared I would miss something. Thankfully I didn\'t turn because I saw what I felt was \"the performance\" of the season. I jumped out of my chair and danced as she sang (didn\'t want to sing along because then I wouldn\'t hear her)and my faith in American Idol was renewed.

Mandissa rocks.

You go girl!!
  • Though we sometimes have so suffer through horrible music, like karaoke, none of that is here...mostly.

Hosts Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell set out to find the best singers in the US, having them sign a million dollar contract in exchange for their voice (they become the next "American idol"). They start by going around the nation, holding auditions for anyone who wants to try, then they invite whoever they think are the best singers (usually about 200 approximately make it) to Hollywood, where they audition again, only to have even more of them eliminated, then finally the final rounds of the competition, where the contestants sing in front of millions of viewers, on TV, and then get voted for. It's an interactive show, to say the least. It amused me, though not my favorite show, and keeps me entertained at what Simon Cowell will say (you've seriously gotta check it out). I give American Idol a 9.6/10
  • i think the show is a waste of my time though i dont understand why ppl are obsesed with this not so great show it only deserves a 2

i once found nothing on so i decided to watch this its not what i thought it would be that is good i hate it.its a waste of time and a bit harsh i must say on the people who participate and i could not imagine myself in their shoes.
  • “I don’t mean to be rude”

I have to admit, that the talent this season is a lot better this year than last year. But this year has been getting me a little bored, and annoyed. First of Simon has been getting out of my nerves saying “I don’t mean to be rude” every other contestant. Paula has always annoyed me by standing up and clapping once the audition was terrible. But this show is very entertaining other than that.
  • It\'s played out,lets put this show to rest.

Its about time to get rid of this show and all shows like this. I hate it when people think they are so much better than other people and then make fun of them. This is not entertainment but a place to view other peoples lack of talent. I would like to see this show dropped and something with more entertainment value take its place.
  • Why is this show so popular?

The only reason this show got a 5 is because the only good part of this show is the auditions. After the real competition starts, it's boring. Bad talent or no talent is interesting and funny. Watching people that may have talent is dull. I'd rather listen to someone that made stardom on their own. I just can't understand why this show is so popular(except for the auditions). There are enough "pop stars" to begin with. It seems almost anyone can come out with a record these days. But at least they do it on their own. Whats the point of watching or picking a new "idol" to hear? I think this show is a complete waste of time, better spent on something else other than drooling on a new up and coming and falling "celebrity".

It's a sad sad thing that almost all Americans spend too much time screaming over famous, or in this case, soon to be famous people instead of concentrating on themselves. That is probably why everyone is the same, and American culture is as lame as it is now.

Thanks to stuff like this, my school's talent show was a rather pity joke. The only "talent" there was consisted of singing, dancing, or rapping. That was it. This was every act. What happened to the real, unique, individual talent? I mean anyone can sing, dance, or rap. Maybe not good, but everyone can do it. It takes talent to do other things like ballet, gymnastics, tap, or something strange that only you can do. You know, the things that are now known as the "Lost Arts".

I bet a 17 year old was probably the last person you'd expect to hear this from, but I am me. I refuse to accept American society the way it is. And that's why I'm here. To show that individuality is not a bad thing.

Remember, this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to persuade anyone, or talk bad on those who do like this show, except those that watch it solely for the reason that it is popular, and not of their own interest.
  • Great talent contest. A real reality show. If Seacrest was gone would be a 10.

A reality show that is real. Not a show with a million conspiricies. A very well run organized talent show. If you suck America sends you home, plain and simple. Seacrest has got to go. The pathetic insults he give to Simon isn\'t working for me. It would be better if he just said nothing when it comes to that.
FOX