American Idol

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews page 6 of 41

7.3
  • may 1,2013

ANGIE & AMBER WERE BOTH AWESOME, I DISAGREE WITH THE JUDGES COMMENTS. I THINK THEY CHANGE TOWARDS THE END OF THE SHOW, NOT THE PERFORMERS!!
  • NIGHT NIGHT NICKI

When Idol first started, we never missed a show; now even tho its recorded and we can fast forward whenever Nicki opens her mouth, we have seen approx 30 minutes of this season. Nicki, she is the worse judge in the history of the show. You can't listen to her nasal voice for more than 2 minutes; then the fake British accent that comes and goes (when she forgets) is idiotic. Her body language with Mariah is so childish. Why in the world did Fox put her as a Judge? DESPERATE?? Keith, Randy and Mariah are good; Simon was the best, he made the show. We now do not miss an episode of the Voice, the judges in that show are about the contestants, not like Nicki and "it's all about
  • Nicki

My favorite show "USE" to be American Idol but I thought you should know I can't bare to watch Nicki!!! She is too much in love with herself. Take her off!!
  • nikki?? really??

1.5
    used to love her idol has realesed her is a bitch but not in a good as if she feels outshined by mariah by which u should but with a good heart that would not bother enviouse cowardly selfish bitches get intimidated by who beleive we all have something good to show no matter how different that may be.. as women w ehave enough to compete with to be competing with all she seems to be can apear to like a if mariah gets to respond first and its positive she always has something negative to bout actually have a true true to yourself regaurdless.. stop ur position u should be teaching confidence and treating others with respect as u obviously try to lead our young woman in a good direction where were not selfish conceided beotches
  • Any Episode

Get RID of that NASTY Nikki. She is the problem, not Mariah. I quit watching completely! I just can't stomach her. There in, lies your problem. :-)
  • Nix Nikki

I used to absolutely love this show. I can not stand Nikki being a judge and I am hoping to God that she is not a judge next season so that I can start watching again. I think she is a disgrace and she belongs behind closed doors. For all those who think Mariah is awful and are just jealous. Not only was she icon in her time but she is a fabulous singer, songwriter, record producer, actress and philanthropist. If anyone knows music it's Mariah.
  • HELP ... WHAT IS UP WITH NICKI MINAJ & MARIAH CAREY...

I LOVE AMERICIAN IDOL BUT HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO WATCH A COMPLETE SHOW THIS YEAR.

YOUR JUDGES ARE JUST PLAIN AWFUL. I LIKE RANDY HAS BEEN GREAT AND A CONSTANT..

WHILE I LIKE KEITH URBAN ... THERE DOESN'T SEEM TO BE ANY SPARKLE....

PLEASE, PLEASE BRING BACK STEVEN TYLER .... AT LEAST THAT WAY I COULD GET A LAUGH OR TWO. THIS YEAR STARTED OFF BAD AND HAS GONE EVEN FURTHER DOWN HILL

IF YOU WANTED CONTROVERSY YOU SHOULD HAVE ADDED MINAJ AND LEFT TYLER.... THAT WOULD PROBABLY HAVE GIVEN YOU FIREWORKS.....

CAN'T STAND MINAJ AND CAREY DOES NOTHING. URBAN JUST DOESN'T ADD THE SPARKLE THAT TYLER DID.... I KNOW HE WAS A LOOSE CANNON AT LEAST HE WAS ENTERTAINING...
  • Obvious why viewership is down 20%

A. Because "The Voice" is so much better in all aspects

B. Because three of the four judges are black

C. More than half of the top 10/12 were/are part black anyway

D. America is still divided by color and the biggest percentage is non-black

(unfortunately: plain and simple)

E. Oh--and these stoopidd genres they give 20 year olds to sing

(who are the BeATLeS? Where is Mo's Town? Burt Back-a-rack--ain't he the president?)
  • American Idol - NOT what it used to be!

I used to be a huge fan of AI, but since Mariah and Nikki have been chosen to be judges I refuse to watch it. They couldn't have asked anyone worse to judge! Both of these ladies are completely talent-less, annoying fame seekers. Time to switch to the Voice.
  • I Agree With marilenedavis and barletsr1 - Nikki ruined AI for me, too

I agree with most is going down the not because of the contestants. What are they thinking having Nikki and Mariah as judges. All they do is sit there for two hours stroking their hair. I just want to rip it out of both of them. Must they constantly do that??? Then, there is Nikki's nasal-like voice. OMG, listening to that after each contestant makes me want to scream. I just want to fast-forward when Nikki speaks (maybe I'll just record it from now on so I can). Nikki has no class, whatsoever. At least Mariah is decent with the contestants and has class. I like Randy and Keith, both good judges. Get rid of the divas and you'll probably get viewers tuning back in.
  • Nikki ruined AI for me

I deleted AI from my DVR after the second night this year. I have watched it for years and enjoyed it even if I didn't like all of the judges. I had no idea who Nikki even was before it started, but after the first night was disgusted by her. The second night did not get any better and I knew I could not watch that disrespectful person for the whole season. As long as they keep her as a judge they have lost a viewer. I have moved on to The Voice. At least they truly base their original decisions on the voice and not the look.
  • Nikki Needs To Stay!!!!!!!

I actually started watching AI with a bad taste in my mouth for Nikki because of all the drama I heard. However, I am enjoying her as a judge. I do not mind a judge that will be truthful. I enjoy her rapport she has with the contestants. I actually enjoy her comments better than the others. I do like all the judges I just wish there chemistry was like the judges on The Voice
  • black propaganda

5.5
    very obvious that all judges are pro black even the white bitch on the panel "who loves" what the black girls do. no chance for the whitey on this show . one goal in mind and it is a black out.

this show should be called "African-American Idol". it is very clear. well kind of dark
  • Agreeed

I agree completely, it is sad. I have been sweating this show for years and this season is terrible. The dynamic between the judges is so out of sink. It is stuffy to watch them all up there on the panel pretending to get along, fake smilin, sarcasin each other, it's probably responsible for why the talent has been chosen so improperly this season. Now they have this poor guy Lazaro who other wise may not win the competition up there getting roasted after he was being previously credited very highly from the judges well after Hollywood week. I was so upset last night listening to them critisize Lazaro. The judges are part of why he is in the finals, looks like they forgot, that is not at all Lazaro's fault irregardless of his singing ability as well as his disability. I'm not gonna continue to watch the judges try to fix their mistakes at the expense Lazaro's feelings, forget it, he's not my pick but I feel for him..
  • this is the worst season of american idol ever 4-10-2013 !

This is the worst season (season 12) of American Idol I have ever seen, all the way from the judges to the talent, I can't even watch anymore, the judges and the talent or so called talent are very hard to listen to, the first season that I have ever stopped watching and recording, sorry to see it drop out of being a great show to watch.
  • burnell taylor

when burnell taylor left the show,i left the show!

• Idol needs to go back in time.

3.5
    Replace Idol with reruns of the Gong Show (look it up on IMDB). A talent show where you got one Gong and you were gone.
  • How many will Lazaro take out?

My favorite was Burnell.

I am so sad to see you go, Burnell.

Jimmy was right that Lazaro was the only choice to go.

Lazaro's story is taking out better singers.
  • Method Of Voting Needs To Be Changed

America is turning this show into a popularity/sympathy contest.

It is a singing contest - nothing else.

The judges have to get involved in the voting process right to the end.

Let America's vote only count as a part of the overall selection.

A fair formula needs to be worked out.

Lazaro should have been gone along time ago. Instead, talented people were sent home.

Also the save should have been used the first week, when Curtis got the axe.

That's what it was design for - saving talented people.

If this aspect of the show isn't changed, I will no longer watch.

• Its bad it was better before the old judges left

1.5
    Simon and Randy are and were the only two good judges Simon used to judge on the person's voice if you listen to the new episodes carefully the judges are just judging on appearance. The show used to be WAYYYY better!!!!!!!! GET BETTER JUDGES!!!!! The voice is so much better. Of course the sob stories are annoying aswell that's not the shows fault its the people, but the judges say no at first and then when they hear the stories the all of a sudden change there mind! I know they dont want to be mean, but they could kindly say they didn't make it instead they're just lying to the people!
  • The Downward Spiral of American Idol

Remember the glory days of Randy, Paula and Simon? When American Idol (and the world) made sense, even when Paula's ramblings made none. Back before Ryan Seacrest's Joker-like smile became contemptuous and bitter. Since 2009, Idol has a taken a nose dive. Kira, Ellen, Nikki agents of distruction. Steven Tyler, J Lo, on a mortal wound. Keith Urban, well meaning bystander. And, Nikki Manaj may very well be the bullet to the head that lays Idol to rest. I no longer watch.

• Worst Idol Judge Ever

Nicky Minaj lacks education, class, professionalism, dignity and integrity... So what is left? Nicky Minaj... This woman is as ignorant and belligerent as they come... She has an extend vocabulary straight from the streets, and that is being polite about it! The contestants work so hard and are dedicated to putting on a good show. The contestants like everyone else have their good and bad days and they do not deserve the harsh, ignorant criticism by the likes of Nicky...

Randy is Randy, whether you love him or leave him, he is a pleasant character in this show; Keith Urban is very polite, professional, intelligent, and straight on with his criticism or praise; Mariah in my opinion, is respectful of the contestants, she understands how hard they work and their dedication to the show. I find Mariah to be caring and professional when she critiques the contestants and dose so in a polite and dignified manner... I really enjoy all the exceptional talent this year, and judges with the exception of the street hood!
  • How did the judges get to be there? How many beds were left unkempt?

I have watched off and on since the beginning. Sure, some contestants are like Barney Fife in the choir.

But, the judges in their careers (especially the older ones), were at the right place at the right time and chose their style of music, thus Aerosmith, (oh my, how many overdubs did they have?) etc. (but yet they judge those that perform music they don't like?). The younger ones have to have pitch correction on every song, and believe it or not, the "casting couch" is alive and well in LA and NYC no matter which gender it takes to make it.
  • So Disappointing!

I have been a faithful watcher of AI since the beginning. Even thru the many changes in judges over time, I have remained faithful. This year, I can no longer watch. The panel of judges is nothing less than annoying, annoying, annoying. They out due one another in arrogance. I have a feeling that this will do the show in once and for all. Officially off my DVR. Hurry up and get off the air and allow a show with some class to replace it.
  • Disappointed - Nikki has to GO!

1.5
    I have watched AI from the first season and this by far is the worst season ever. I knew when the show announced Nikki as a judge it would be bad news but I really did not expect it to be this BAD!! I have to force myself to watch every week..... fast forwarding thru most of Nikki's comments. This week when she told the boys to get off the stage I thought I was going to loose it! AI producers that is not acceptable judge behavior! always voted and can honestly say I have not voted once this season.

• Go Back

1.5
    I watched American Idol for years. I quit watching midshow last year. Tried it again this year. Was so disappointed. What in the world has happened? The female judges are not doing justice for the contestants. It seems that you have decided to go for craziness and for justice. Some of the judges have no idea what music is, only Randy seems to. He has been trained. What is more, one or two of the judges are crazy acting and attention getters. As for justice, it seems that you have simply brought forth people whom you believe we should vote because they have been ignored in the social world. The "Voice" has beaten you hands down. The show should have a contestant who is well rounded, has talent, has a unique voice, and is appealing to most of the population, both in talent and type of music.
  • American Idol GET RID OF NIKKI !

Producers of American Idol what the hell were you drinking and smoking when you brought on Nikki?! She has not idea what she's talking about. Without saying a word she's so disrespectful to the other judges while they are talking just with her body language. Like she could care less what anyone else has to say, only her opinion and voice matters. Always worrying more about her hair, always acting like: "Look at me I'm the She's high maintenance and stuck on herself. Hello Nikki please stop talking! If your going to talk please talk like a normal human being and not through your nose. You sound like a martian! It's not appealing at all! If your going to act and talk like that. You may as well start doing the duck face that everyone hates! Some needs to give that girl a reality check as fame has gone to her head, big time! American Idol what a waste of $12,000,000.00! American Idol producers please do better job for next season!
  • Devin

Devin did fantastic. He is the best male contestant.

You must get rid of Nicki. I've disliked her since day one. She is an ugly person and I don't mean look wise. It is her. She thinks she is trying to be like Simon, but she is NOT by far. If you do not get rid of her and her nasty attitude I will not watch this show again.

Your ratings are dropping, but having her on this show is like what is wrong with you all?

• Nicki you need to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.5
    I have watched Idol sine the second season and find Nicki Minaj to be the worst judge yet. e need someone like Simon back that can really judge. I'm so tired of watching her negative attitude and the faces that she makes along with rolling her eyes. When Nicki gives a comment it should be constructive and not to destroy their self-esteem. Last night 3/27/2013, Nicki yelled at the 3 guys that sang in the group number and told them to get off the stage. Is this how she was treated when she started out? If she was then shame on her for not learning from that treatment. I hope Nicki is gone or this will be all the Idol that I will be watching. I hope not, because I enjoy watching the improvement of the contestants from week to week. American Idol needs to make a judgement call that is good for the contestants as well as the fans and that means GOOD-BYE NICKI MINAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What happen to meaning of IDOL

With the show being portrayed as American Idol, can the show explain what part of Idol does Nitki fit in? She is no idol . Just because she shows explicit parts of her body and dances in an adult show , does not make her a star. I dont care how much money she has earned! And Poor Keith, he has to sit there and have her stare at him instead of looking at the contestant. She is like a "oh, pick me, pick me"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10