American Idol

FOX (ended 2016)

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1443)

7.2
  • Still out

First the positive: surprise, I loved Mariah as a judge, she kind of reminded me of how a Pattie LaBelle would critique. I didn't think I would enjoy her, but I did. Unfortunately the show is ruined by Nicki Minaj. She's polarizing and she never shuts up. Did the producer suddenly give her the reigns as the lead judge, if so they need to take them back because she's going to ruin the show for everyone. First of all, it's disrespectful of veteran talent to be sidelined by an artist who's music I don't even admire or like. Randy has been a part of the show from the beginning and I expected he would take a leadership role, I still expect that. Plus, Nicki continually has to have the spotlight and she does this from the contestants. American Idol is about the contestant's not the judges and Ms. Minja needs to realize that and let the contestants have the spotlight. This season is going to be a rough ride for American Idol. They may not survive it which would be their own fault for hiring Nicki.
  • Judges are not the same

Nicki is a joke. She judges people on their identity but she wears a different wig every night, talks out her nose, but judges other people on their identity. You have the legend Jackson, you have the country singer of the year Keith Urban, you have the one and only Mariah Carey and then you have the clown Nicki. What has happened to American Idol? It has gone nothing but downhill. You need to reconsider Nicki. Let's get back to American Idol and not have clowns like Nicki. If she would stop looking at the monitor and playing with her wig when she looks like a clown anyway, maybe she could pay more attention to the contestants. I pray that American Idol sees these comments from all of us. I counted that she fixed her wig six times in 3 seconds of her being on tv. Why does she have to talk out of her nose? I wonder what would happen if she stopped waiting for Keith Urban to make his comments and staring at him with a duh look, what would she say?
  • The judges are nuts!

3.5
    I have been watching American Idol each year since Carrie Underwood won. Usually I don't get involved in voting much less post comments about the show. Tonight's critique on Clark Beckham by the judges tonight was shocking. For the first time I honestly think the show is rigged! All the remaining contestants are truly awesome, but Clark clearly has the best voice. His performances tonight were flawless and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way he performs. He does not put on more then is his style and I for one enjoy him performing overall. I'm getting tired of the judges nit-picking.
  • poor judging

JLo and Keith are the worse judges, no way should a judge be acting like they are in their favorites fan club. Judges should be professional and impartial. It is no wonder why this show gets poor rating. This will be my last season until they get judges that act like professionals.
  • Darling Nicki :(

I cannot believe that the leadership at Idol sat down and talked with Nicki Minaj to see if she had the competetence to handle the position she was given. She so obviously does not. I was not overly familiar with her before Idol but quite honestly I have a hard time watching the show with her on it. If she is getting anything close to the reported $12,000,000.00 this season, then it shows not only where Idol is heading, but out country as well. If someone as talentless as this person can make that amount of money for doing such a horrible job, we are all in trouble. The average American would have been fired from their average kob, making their average salary if we performed as bad as she does. Randy is still great, Mariah is surprisingly good and Keith is honest, funny and the perfect fit. Idol producers, please make the changes you know need to be made!

OK, I tried, but I am saying goodbye to Idol. I tried to either mute or fast forward through Nicki, but t's stupid to have to do that. She is horrible and if I had kids, there is no way I would let them watch her. The voice is starting on Monday and I guess that is what I will watch. I have been with Idol from day one, never missed a show, but it is so bad now. Get rid of Nicki and I might be back. Sorry!
  • Nicki Minja poor choice

I use to love watching American Idol. Nicki Minja negative demeanor is a total turn off. She does not make it fun or comfortable to watch anymore. Get a better judge and more viewers will come back to watch American Idol.
  • Terrible Singers

I cannot believe this season. I have been watching the show since day 1. What is wrong with the judges this season? If Simon Cowell was still a judge, I don't think he would have chosen any of these singers. There is not one that I would buy their cd. The judges need to stop praising them so much and come down on them a lot more. We were totaling disappointed in last nights performances. I agree with the last post.

The Voice genuinely has better singers. What is wrong with the judges hearing? This has to be the worst season so far. There is not one singer that I would call American Idol material!!!

• Nicki Minaj is a *downer* for American Idol!!!

Nicki Minaj is a downer for this year's American Idol. I am a faithful patron of American Idol, since the insertion of this show. It is difficult to enjoy the show - listening and watching to Nicki as a judge, for such wonderful talent is frustrating! Last night topped it all off! She needs to listen and look at her own self.... Telling that young beautiful contestant that "the hair needed to go!" I've never understood how the judges feel it is their place to tell a contestant how they should dress! Is this a beauty pageant or a talent show? Nicki needs to remove herself! She is ruining the shows enjoyment. And, I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings have dropped because of her!
  • What happen to meaning of IDOL

With the show being portrayed as American Idol, can the show explain what part of Idol does Nitki fit in? She is no idol . Just because she shows explicit parts of her body and dances in an adult show , does not make her a star. I dont care how much money she has earned! And Poor Keith, he has to sit there and have her stare at him instead of looking at the contestant. She is like a "oh, pick me, pick me"
  • WORST IDOL EVER

How can Malaya be voted out. She has good vocals next to Caleb. Unfortunately, the judges have used the only save for one of the worst singers in this year's idol leaving good singers like Caleb and Malaya with no saves. This years American Idol is like a horror movie and it really sucks.
  • get rid of Niki

I totally agree with all-Niki should go-she is ruining the show for everyone--she acts as if she is some big diva-which she is not-cannot even compare in talent to the other 3 judges-she trys to make the show all about her and she is a nothing-she looks like a ballon with false eylashes and pumped up lips-so ugly. What was the people of american idol thinking when they brought her on board-if she stays it will lose alot of viewers that like me have been watching since the first show. Hoping the sponsors read all the post and get rid of that low life Niki.
  • Is this a fix?

This is my first season watching this show. Is it always this way? The song picked for Clark was so much weaker than the song picked for Nick. I felt so many others were better performers that Nick but he did a great job on the final song that just fit him. The song given to Clark didn't show off his fabulous skills and voice. It seemed they were doing everything to make sure Clark wasn't chosen. I hope the audience saw through this and picked the multi-talented Clark. Georgia was breathtaking.
  • HORRIBLE SINGERS!!! Are the judges hearing right!!!

I have been watching American Idol since year 1, since Steven Tyler left, the singers they choose for top 12 are getting worst and worst. This year there is not 1 singer I would ever buy a song from, or even listen to on the radio. I have tried to watch while I am on the computer just not to feel the pain of all the horrible voices that are singing and the judges just keep complimenting them!!! What is wrong? Either we are getting bad sound editing or they are all just loosing it!! I totally agree, The Voice definitely, by far the best singers and American Idol should call it quits, honestly!!! Stop I don't want to listen to these singers, I need earplugs right now!!!
  • nickie manaj

Please don't be in the show next year.. you are one of the reasons that the show sucks this year.

All night long is playing with her hair.. and every time Maraiah start talking, nickie's eyes start rolling. so rude!!!

Did you see when she asked one of the contestant if he is married? when he said yes she kicked him out? Lol She is a joke.

I miss Jennifer Lopez
  • I AGREE

NIKI IS SO VERY ANNOYING TOUCHING HER WIGS FACIAL STUPID EXPRESSIONS, ROLLING OF THE EYES. RANDY IS BEING ABSOLUTELY IGNORANT. I LOVE MARIAH, SHE IS THE BEST AND KEITH IS A SWEETHEART. A lot of people I know feel the exact way! GET RID OF THAT ANNOYING WIGGED NITWIT!
  • Get rid of NIKI

Many, many people all can not stand Niki. Young and Old! She is ruining your show. The people I know who have always watched the show are saying they are not wanting to watch it anymore. She is just to ghetto. The show would do better with Judges. Check your ratings since she has been on. Keith and Mariah are great. Jackson was great, but he is changing just by sitting next to her. I can't stand the show now. Changing the channel.
  • American Idol

Horrible show, you blew what was a great thing. Can't even watch anymore. Changed channel every week so far. Can't take Nicki's voice, attitude and immature nature. Was a big Mariah fan, but she is not showing a humble or nice side at all. Does she forget she came from Freeport Long Island???? We will not be watching this season at all and almost everyone I know feels the same way.
  • What the What???

I like many of you have watched AI since the very first year. I am so very disappointed this year that most of the people the judges are putting through would never have made it out of Hollywood week in seasons past. It has been hyped up again and again as "The best ever talent in 12 seasons" what a load of crap. There are SOME talented people but not nearly the talent that has been shown in past seasons. What are the so called "judges" listening to? With the exception of one "judge" the others are not putting people through for their singing ability clearly. Zonette????? Are you kidding me???? I cannot believe they put her through - however; there are others that are just as bad they have put through. They keep talking about the contestants "back story" and how touching it is - back story?? I thought this is a singing competition not a pity party? I may or may not continue to watch this season - more likely I will not watch because it is unfair to contestants that got cut and shouldn't have however; the only reason I would watch is to see the terrible, untalented, poor pitiful mes voted off right away.

WAKE UP FOLKS!!!!
  • Please remove Nikki Minaj

I have been watching American Idol since season one. I have attended many of the tours and consider myself a true fan. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would have someone like Nikki Minaj as a judge. She is awful and I am embarrassed for the show's name. Please, if you are reading this and you are a producer, please, please please remove her. I can not watch another show with her on it. Her comments are inappropriate and her judge of talent is ridiculous. I am not sure what kind of Idol will come out of this. Love the rest of the gang but I cannot take another show with her.
  • I've never despised a contestant more!!

I was so gad to see some previous comments that were blatantly honest, and not censored or deleted. Finally a platform to speak your unbridled opinions, lol. Ok to start off, i'll address the the title of my comment. I have literally never despised a contestant more than Qaasim Middleton! Ever since Hollywood week, he was one of the people i was praying for to get cut each time. Harry actually hit it on the head, calling him out for being "all performance", so you could imagine how confused i was when they used the save on him, given the fact that even his "sing for your life" attempt was nothing but "all performance". Furthermore, I just can't stomach looking at the guy. Always licking his lips, and walking around brooding, and staring hard into the camera and to the crowd like he's some tough guy. The kid weighs about 140 pounds soaking wet, and 25 pounds of that is his dreads. Did anybody notice how every time someone performs, he has to run up and aggressively hug them. Did anybody notice the week prior when Sarina-Joi (who didn't deserve to to go home) sang for her life, and Qassim was literally stomping on the ground and screaming "save, save, save"? C'mon, like any of those contestants really want that save used on anyone besides themselves. This dude clearly always tries to be noticed. Like he wants us to see him always over-congratulating a fellow contestant so we notice him and say "hey that Qaasim sure is a supportive competitor, wow what a good guy" NONSENSE people, it's a ploy to garner fans, and votes. He is exactly what it would look like if Predator, and an orangutan had a baby. Ok enough about him, lets move on to Quentin. Although i don't hate him, i do think he's pretty phony. He's doing his best to be Lenny Kravitz. He's not a terrible singer, but a major case of image over talent. Once i heard the judges gush over his outfits during the audition process, i knew he was going to go way overboard with the whole thing. Ok Joey Cook, she's actually a good singer, but all she has is that one style, there is no versatility. She doesn't seem to have the ability to belt out a God sakes, will someone please tell that girl to brush her teeth and shave her damn armpits!! Daniel seems like a real sweet kid, but he's nowhere near ready, and it i will be rooting for him not on the show, but for his career. Tyanna, i think singing wise she is one of the best this season, but i have to agree with a previous commentor that when i see her, i too am waiting for her to start singing Afro Circus, i pee'd a little when i read that, lol. Rayvon Owens, good singer, but lacks substance, and there is no entertainment value with him. Adanna, shes not bad, but she doesn't capture my attention, or keep it. OK Maddie Walker, her best attribute is that she is a stunningly beautiful girl, and i am 100% sure that is why they changed their minds during final cuts. She absolutely does have talent, but it is strictly in the Country genre. She could go far if she stays Country. When we were watching her perform, i turned and said her, and her performance seemed very pageant like, and 2 minutes later, Harry actually used the exact same words. Although i am rooting for her, I don't think she will win, however, i think she has all the necessary ingredients and will eventually be a Country Star in a few years. Jax Jax Jax, i liked her in the beginning with her unique voice, but honestly it's already gotten old for me. I was rooting for her in the beginning because of the uniqueness and how like myself, her father was a NYC Fireman, but seeing that she had a crush on Qaasim, instantly soured my opinion on her. Is she talented? definitely. Would i root for her? Never. Clark Beckham and Nick Fradiani. In my opinion these 2 are the best, on a devastatingly weak season. I think they are both very good. In Nick i think he can become a star after the show if he leans towards the Chris Doughtry style more, as for Clark Beckham, with all things considered, like audience, politics, and voting, I think he wlll end up winning the show, but not really having a great career afterward like the majority of past Idol Winners. These are my opinions so far, if you agreed with them, great minds think alike, if you didn't, well you are entiltled to your opinion, but keep it to yourself, lol
  • I CANT HELP BUT THINK IT'S RIGGED!!!

2.5
    Unfortunately it's all about who they can market the way THEY want to market am so glad that Im not the only one on here that has seen all the signs they are pulling for Nick to win...... Last night when they showed the American Idol Silhouette, it was Nick and not both of them, but tonite at the beginning they showed both of the in the silhouette ..... Also everything I've read on social media seems to be hinting to the fact that Nick has it in the bag, even though Clark out sang him....... So if Clark wins tonite, it will be a shocker, but if he doesn't I think he will be better off. Good luck Clark either way, I think you are soooo good and you have an outstanding career ahead of you.
  • Nicki has to go!

agree with the comments about NM being a poor choice and think her attitude is dampening Mariah's contribution. Mariah seems very muted and it's probably b/c she can't say anything w/out a smirk or obnoxious, arrogant comment from Nicki. I loved the camaraderie between the last panel - JLo, Steven Tyler, and Randy. Bitching and bickering does not make for good ratings. Producers what are you thinking? and why 4 judges - it's 1 too many opinions. Something has to change or you're going to lose my viewership. best case scenario - fire Nicki. You don't need her.
  • Nicki, was the worse!!!!!!

I saw the show last night. I don`t beleve I will be watching it any more. The lades are so in love with themselves its sick. Mariah, (which I always liked) looks like if she moved her face would break, and Nickie, ask so stupid. My 10 year old grandson has more smarts then all of her whole body. The guys where great. I really liked the show when Steven and JoLo was on board, but I know that was something you didnt want to do. I dont know if the way the girls were acting was planned, but if it is it back fired.
  • terrible season

Once again the audience of a bunch of girl teeny boppers have screwed the show all up. The only know how to vote for the cute guys, not the best singers. I am glad I don't have to watch this another year. The best singers where the 2 girls on the bottom. The only guy that deserves to be in top 5 is dalton.
  • Stephany was railroaded on American Idol

Gianna Isabella should have went home but was put through because of Jennifer's past friendship with her mom. Other great talent was overlooked because of this terrible decision. This is a talent show not a friiendship show...

Shame on you Jennifer
  • Glad they are ending this show !!

I have watched from the beginning on and off again because of the crap that they pull ! Just come out and say the producers and creator will choose the Idol via the judges ! Don't insult our intelligence by asking us to vote and then rig it so that their favorite continues on and then ultimately wins ! It's crap. I liked Clark from day one and he is CONSISTENT. I also think Nick is awesome and has come a loooong way and has confidence now. However, the judges help anyone they like with their confidence. I believe and would not be surprised if either one of these young men win ON THEIR OWN MERITS and without the help of the 'unbiased' judges. My a-s ! Scott knows who he wants to SELL and they geared all comments, accolades and now song choice (for the single) towards who they clearly wanted. Clark is an instrument and Nick is a great performer. I will be happy for Nick and happier that Clark will not have to ride the hamster wheel for IDOL or Scott !!!!!!!!
  • ASSAULT TO MY EARS

I have watched American Idol since its first season. It has been painful to watch it self-destruct! This season has reached an all time low! The talent is very close to zero! There is not one singer whose record I could even listen to from the beginning to the end, let alone buy it! The whole feel of the show has gone from a genuine talent contest to circus acts. It is insulting to the audience to hear the judges praise certified howling. And the contestants look terrible, poorly dressed, and lacking presence.

The Voice has it together. What has happened to Idol???
  • NO ONE THIS SEASON CAN SING!

I normally love it! I've watched every year. As a singer myself, I love hearing them sing. But this reason, NO one can sing. Some of them have potential, if they took serious lessons for 5

+ years but honestly... are the judges tone deaf?

I can't stand this!
  • "I Luh You Poppi" In the Bottom 2

I agree with the judges concerns and comments. In particular; JLo. She is the biggest culprit on the panel in engaging the other judges in; high school, girlish, whispering, talking and laughing when contestants are performing. Are you kidding me? How rude and disrespectful is that? Do what you get paid to do. Sit, listen, watch and provide professionally, objective feedback. The judges certainly can be a ratings draw and when appropriate can add entertainment quality to the show. However, not by behaving like disrespectful, attention, monger narcissists. JLo and her stupid "goosies" needs to go home with Sam!!
  • Worst Season Yet!!!

American Idol is in the last weeks of the season. The talent this year is the worst I have seen. In years past, the contestant were showing they were ready to record albums and step out to perform in concerts where they are the headliners. The group this year, I'm not sure what their styles are and it doesn't appear they know. They come across like someone performing at high school talent shows. It also appears the judges picked this group to satisfy a certain group of people. That's fine, but the problem with this group is they don't have real talent. It doesn't matter what your preference of music is , a good sound is a good sound no matter what you sing. Also it would be nice if the judges use there time to give the contestants the feedback they need instead of time spent on themselves and there antics (unprofessional). Every season they say it's the best season yet. Who are they trying to convince, and I know there's not as many votes going in as Ryan say there is. This should be the last year for American Idol. The talent on American Idol does not come close to the talent on The Voice.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10