American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 In Season

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1341)

7.2
  • miss the old days

none of the twelve would have made it to Hollywood in the old days. the rest of this message is from lisa, jim's wife (still learning our new computer) anyway , I don't know how many of you were even born in the early days. but how many of us remember clay aiken, adam lambert, Jennifer Hudson and the incomparable colton Dixon. these people knew how to take a song and squeeze the blood out of it and take you on a magical ride. I personally don't see that this year. the best performace I can say I have seen is jax's audition. I love when she keeps it simple, on the piano with that gorgous falsetto. Spine-tingling. since I want to vote for someone I will go with jax. keep it simple. not all hard core rock all the time. play it right,less is more I think. (miss joey. she had too different of a sound but she was adorable)
  • Joey Cook Kicks it!

Look out Grace Slick! Joey Cook killed it with her version of Somebody to Love! One of my all time favorite songs just got differently better! I don't care what anyone voted Joey You Are 2015 AMERICAN IDOL WINNER!! YOU brought to the table what no one else did! I can't wait to see you in concert and buy your first "album" You go girl!
  • Go Quentin

some people might not agree with mee but I vote for Quentin he only protected his feelings every week harry dis his singing and put down on him and harry canit even sing he might be voted odf next week but i can say he stood his ground. And i think its a racist thing because through the years only 3 black people only won America idol thars why they got a law suit against them now for discrimination against blacks. Whats so bad harry from the sam city and he dont want nobody to be better than him to c ome from New Orleans.
  • Mediocre Idol

I have watched Idol since the beginning. I have always loved the show. There have been some ups and downs over the years (it's been 14 seasons, people). Since the originals have left, the replacement judges have been good and bad. This season isn't horrible judge-wise, but the contestants are not the best of the bunch and I don't understand what is happening. The new twists and additions seem like desperate attempts to keep viewers, but it alienates some of the old-school fans (not everyone has Twitter or uses social media, Idol). What happened to finding someone with a great voice and letting them explore their talents during the show then leaving it up to the audience to decide who to vote on without any fancy tricks or schemes?

Side note: Does anyone else not notice the similarity between Nick's voice and Chris Daughtry? Daughtry had better stage presence and rocker edge, but the voices are close. How could any judge not notice that? Weird.
  • END OF SHOW CRAP

your vote at the end of the show is CRAP

if you can get through

good way of having five minutes of commuricals
  • Qassim + Joey gone? Quentin for American Idol 2015!

United States have been watching too many zombie shows and turned into zombies with no taste in real music. Qassim is very talented, not only for his ability to perform. He has an ability to sing with soul and passion. Comparable to Stevie Wonder. Not to mention he reminds me of Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars. Now Joey Cook, our other favorite has left us. I'm so sad and this show keeps on disappointing my family.

Quentin, I give you huge props for calling America out on the bad voting. That took courage, and for that, you deserve the win.
  • Our last episode!

It is very sad that this show is so horrible now, we used to enjoy it. The contestants cannot sing, they are horribe, their off key, and ruin every song they sing. You hear one of these contestants sing off key to the point you don't recognize the song, then the judges tell them how wonderful they are. Seriously??? Who would pay money to hear any of these people sing in concert?
  • Tonight is my LAST EPISODE TO WATCH!!! I refuse to watch such disrespect be tolerated on national TV!!!

I was highly disappointed in the way that backwoods Thug Quentin Alexander was allowed to should have been immediately dismissed and NEVER allowed to return to ANY televised shows. Obviously he was coached by someone on what to say before returning to the stage, but it was TOO LATE.... He had already shown his TRUE COLORS!!!! To start with, I'm still wondering HOW he even got as far as he did?? He has absolutely NO TALENT.. Seriously, I laughed when he first started performing. He can't hold a tune in a bucket!!! This is suppose to be a show about Teen "IDOL'S". DO YOU SERIOUSLY WANT YOUR TEEN THINKING THATS THE WAY YOUR SUPPOSE TO ACT????? I don't ever comment on these shows, and I had to figure out how to find a area to express my distaste and total DISGUST!!! I don't know how many viewers see these post but I sure wish enough people could rally together and get this horrible kid booted back to the back alleys of New Orleans were he needs to stay.... (No disrespect to New Orleans. I Love the City, all Cities have their share of Bad
  • quentin is terrible

quentin is a real winner been watching from day one idol i will never watch idol again take that dam hog ring out of your nose or go back to africa where u came from he is terrible

• The real Quentin revealed!

Quentin's bad attitude and arrogance were displayed for the whole viewing audience to see tonight. As Harry said if the show was so whacked and he was so upset why not let his friend have his spot. Hope this week is the last we see of him. I have wondered week to week why he was still a contestant. Talk about no talent! I think he dug his own grave tonight! WAY TO GO QUENTIN!!!!!
  • harry is an a#$hole

Everyone but harry knew what Quentin meant.
  • Quentin Really?????

Quentin,

If you were really that upset about the final two, why didn't you take their place, even better why don't you just go home. They are not the first contestants that have great voices that landed on the bottom and I am sure they won't be the last, it's the nature of the show. You have lost my respect.
  • American Idol

I don't no who this Harry guy is but I see that he never should be a judge. He's being a ass take it easy who ever Harry is
  • TOTAL DIRESPECT OF JUDGE HARRY ALLOWED BY RUDE CONTESTANT

2.5
    I CANNOT BELIEVE THE SHOW ALLOWED harry TO BE PLACED UNDER THE THRET OF RUDE CONTETANT- WHO AS ALLOWED TO CHALLENGEONE OF THE MOST HONEST, MENTOR JUDGES ON THE SHOWS HISTORY. THIS QUENTIN CONTESTANT STOOD OVE HARRY IN A VERY MENACING WAY AND NO ONE CAME TO REMOVE THIS PERSON - HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESCORTED OFF THE SET AND DISQUALIFIED - YOU HAVE COMPLETELY DIMINISHED HARRY'S CREDITABILTY. HOW DARE YOU ALLOW SUCH- NOW THERE IS A LACK O RESPECT FOR THE ENTIRE PANEL FOR NOT STANDNG UP FOR HIM- SHAME ON THE JENNIFER AND THE HOST ! I AM GOING TO GATHER ADDITIONAL SUPPORT.
  • Used to be my favorite show but now i luv the Voice

Harry is being a butt as he becomes too much lately n is ruining the show! Quentin Alexander was excellent singing Lenny Kravitz! Never heard 1 pitch issue so they better get their ears checked!!!!!!
  • Need new Judges

I have watched American Idol from the beginning, This is the worst season ever. Will not watch anymore alot of my friends feel the same way.
  • An American Idol Fan

American Idol is trying new things this year to help boost ratings, and I give them thumbs up for their efforts, even if some of them including the light up chairs and the twitter only fan save vote aren't my favorites. I disagree with the ones saying there are no good singers. That's really not so, at all! I'm listening to the same show, and I have heard some great singing. Apparently, I just see and hear it differently, than the ones putting the show and the singers down. I saw some late night show last week, and they had a guest band, and all they did was scream and screech, I want to stab myself over and over again. I would say that at least American Idol is promoting better quality music, which is a lot better than some of these shows are. I also like The Voice too, but American Idol has always been my favorite and still is.
  • American Idol not good

I have watched this show from first season til now. I agree with what everyone on here is saying. American Idol has been going down. I don't see any start quality in the contestants. American Idols need new judges. The judges don't really give harsh criticism when the singers were bad. I think American Idol need better judges that can criticize to point where they don't degrade them.
  • The Fix Is In

No offense to Nick, but there must be a fix going on cause I can't understand how he continues on week after mediocre week. He's not an Idol. He's a fair singer. Geez. And in fact, except for Clark Beckham--a major talent- this is the least talented group of potential idols ever. These judges don't seem to care about voice. They care about gimmicks. Jax sometimes sounds interesting but it gets old. And that other gal Jody talks and enunciates words in a forced affected way--that's her talent... I like her style but there is nothing else there. It's 90% style over substance. This is a singing contest. Yes performance, charisma and style is important, but man, when I think of Kelly Clarkson, and Adam Lampert (who was the real winner even though not official) these guys--except for Clark are jokes. Most of the people they cut were better than these guys--except Clark. I don't believe that this is a real contest. This has to be fixed. When Jody sang "Mad World" I couldn't believe the judges response. It was the most boring rendition. All she did was nothing. She just acted sad instead of her usual perky demeanor. All I could think of is when Adam Lampert did the song--it was amazing--THAT IS AN ARTIST, not these guys. Oh how far Idol has sunk.
  • Boo hoo on u Jen!

I love Jen, BUT she should not speak over Harry & she should not contradict him. It pains me to say she looked unprofessional and a bit of a bully:(

Harry is the most spot on judge... that guy knows his music and has well thought out comments. Jen is 75% fluff in her comments and Keith 90%. Harry's comments give me perspective on the artists performances and I've learned from him.

Careful idol... treat him better or you might lose him and then you're left with a pretty shallow show.
  • terrible season

This has been the worst season by far. The judges don't have clue how bad the singers are, other than Jax and Clark. I can't believe the judges are hearing the same thing as I am. Please judges start being honest. Most of the kids don't belong on this stage.
  • Horrible

Total rubbish. I no longer watch. Producers have ruined the show
  • American Idol

5.5
    This season sucks!!! The contestants that have vocals, the judges are misjudging but that's not unsual. Does everyone have cotton in their ears?
  • what i think of American Idol

The show has really slipped over the past few years. But this year your talent is so so weak. It dosnt come close to the voice. In fact it sucks
  • Last Nights Show??

What kind of rubbish is this NEW instant Fan Vote for elimination ? For one thing the Poor Kid "Danny" Who's Throat was ravaged with Laryngitis totally Unfair! What kind of results do you expect to get? Should of sent him home when he got sick! That along with not having the entire Viewing audience involved with this new process. Not everyone uses Twitter or any of the other Apps. Mentioned before instant (unreal) Elimination??? If it's Not Broken? Why Fix It? Respectfully Gitbox4me
  • I could go on for hours...

I could go on and on for hours and hours about how epically bad this season is! Fortunately, for everyone who is reading this, I won't do that. What I will say is this: during the auditions and even Hollywood week, I was hopeful. When they gave us the little music video thing with all the people blacked out for the top 24, I was also very excited. They sounded awesome. I maybe we'd get the talent that we've been begging for season after season since Randy left the show. I really thought it was going to be great. But, then we got rid of the people who could actually sing. All the best singers got voted off and the tone deaf ones were saved as wildcard picks and then Qassim got the save. Seriously, what the heck are the judges thinking?! Are they tone deaf?! I sure think that most of the contestants are. I really, really hope that the terrible anxiety-inducing format is the reason for most of them doing so badly, but I just don't know anymore.

I remember when they would make the person going home sing at the end of the results show. I always thought that was in poor taste. And, 90% of the time the person didn't do very well because their emotions were all over the place. What they are doing to these contestants this year is very similar. They're desperately trying to boost ratings, but they seem to have forgotten that the thing that will boost ratings the most is having ACTUAL TALENT on the show.

One more thing I want to say before I shut up, is that I really don't think they need teenagers on this show. I think 15 year olds should be at home with their families, going to school, not worrying about making it into the big time. Generally speaking, teenagers aren't ready. Why have an age limit of 28? Is that to insinuate that after 28 you're a has been and there's no longer a place for you in the entertainment world? I think people would rather hear a talented, and well trained 30-something on the show than a no-talent, unprepared 15 year old any day. I think they shouldn't be eligible to be on the show until they turn 18, just my opinion.

With all of that being said, I'm incredibly disappointed. I think Idol has run its course. When Simon was on the show it was a singing competition, now it seems to be an artist competition. And, apparently artist means that you dress like a moron and can't carry a tune in a basket.
  • American Idol 2015

I hate the new format of Idol this year. It feels rushed and doesn't give us time to get to know the contestants. Bring back the results show. The new system with the chairs and the judges comments before each performance is awful. And can someone tell J-Lo to put on some clothes please? Our family has stopped watching because of her inappropriate choice of dress - as a role model for all the young girls and children that watch this show and as a mother she should be ashamed of herself!
  • Still a Good Show

I like this show because of the judges. Simon and Paula are still funny. Paula actually looks hotter now than she did when the show first began. Simon has changed too. He is still critical sometimes, but not as negative as he used to be. He also has developed more of a jazz vibe and lost the British accent. I do miss Randy and his catch phrases, but it is cool that the producers replaced him with Ellen Degeneres. I had no idea she was such a successful country artist with such a beautiful wife. I thought she was just a comedian. The contestants this year are pretty good. Qaasim and Joey have a good style to them. I don't really like their singing as much but I figure autotune will help them when one of them wins.
  • Great

I think this years American Idol is great. I like the characters. They are memorable, they each have an identity and are artists. So they don't sing perfect, watch the boring voice. At least after its all over I can remember something about these participants. Cheers
  • Not good

Am I the only one who thinks Qaasim had a HORRIBLE voice? I can't believe he's still on the show. He's an entertainer but can NOT sing.