American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 In Season

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1310)

7.2
  • American Idol needs to go back to it's roots, and The Voice is dumb

I agree worst season of IDOL ever bu I am tired of those like "The Voice" then saying how good that show is. That show is also a big ZERO. Idol will always be the best but somewhere it has lost it's way. Go back to the beginning. Simpler is better! PS... Quit calling Jax Cole "Jax" as if she deserves a one name title. That is what makes Idol pathetic this year.
  • Producers have ruined this year's Idol

The producers have mucked this show up big time. They choose the contestants (don't ever think the judges are calling the shots when it comes to who ultimately gets on the show) and unfortunately, these contestants just aren't ready. What's worse, the producers and vocal coaches advise the contestants on how to approach the songs, and I think they're either missing the mark or these kids aren't coachable, OR they're not getting the time they need to prepare good performances. The producers are also responsible for the sound balance which is terrible this year. The band is too loud which causes the contestants to force their vocals. Put it all together and you've got the worst Idol ever. I feel bad that the judges are being blamed when they're not responsible for the show itself. The only reason I even watch this year is because Harry's funny and he also sincerely wants to help them. It's too bad he has no real opportunity to do that. Idol needs to take a page from The Voice, where the production is stellar. The sound is amazing and the artists are phenomenal singers to begin with and only get better because of the amazing coaching they get. So The Voice is an enjoyable ride that's over too soon, unlike Idol, which is downright painful this year.
  • Horrible picks!

I'm not sure what's going on this season for american idol, but it seems like the actual vocalists are getting eliminated and the people that cannot even sing in tune are saved and moved on. I've been a fan each year, but getting ready to stop watching because it's too painful! Harry is the only one that seems to give good critiques and Jlo is ridiculous!
  • terrible season

This has been the worst season by far. The judges don't have clue how bad the singers are, other than Jax and Clark.
  • Its time to kill American Idol.

I am a professional sound engineer and producer that cannot take it ANYMORE. It is time to cancel American Idol or re-vamp the show from ground up. This is NOT AMERICAN IDOLS bring back Simon Cowell.
  • Daniel seavey SUCKS

He should not be up there with the rest of the contestants. I will not watch anymore because obviously this is all fixed. Hate idol now!!!!!
  • Painful to watch

The singers are so pathetic on the show this year and I thought they were just as bad last year which brings me to the conclusion: Harry Connick can't pick talent to save his own career. When he got on the show I figured with his expertise in music he would help the talent level. Boy was I wrong, what a joke all the singers are. They all look and sound so immature I feel embarrassed to watch, I really feel like an idiot trying to watch it that I just won't. The voice has another group of super talented singers this year and I am fixing my damaged ears listening to them after such bad singing on idol.
  • HOW TO BECOME A NON-IDOL; BE AN AMERICAN IDOL FINALIST

I am so disappointed in American Idol. What the heck happened to what was once a great show. I used to love that show - even when The Voice was first introduced and I liked that show as well - I still thought Idol was great. What I always hated and still hate is the stupid themes. Who gives a CRAP about 80s music, 90s music, and Disco. Why do they theme these shows? The outfits Wednesday night (3/25) were horrendous. And David Hasselhoff taking off his shirt and trying to be sexy to the younger voting audience? I'm sure many little girls were throwing up in their mouth like I was - and I'm 62!. Why don't J-Lo, Keith and Harry tell these kids how hideous they look on stage. When you dress like an idiot and sing poorly on stage, people are going to think you're an idiot. Why don't the Idol coaches take note of the fact that on The Voice, the judges actually CARE about their contestants and actually MENTOR them in the GENRE they will eventually sing? My husband and I now watch IDOL for the comedy factor, and that's sad.
  • ASSAULT TO MY EARS

I have watched American Idol since its first season. It has been painful to watch it self-destruct! This season has reached an all time low! The talent is very close to zero! There is not one singer whose record I could even listen to from the beginning to the end, let alone buy it! The whole feel of the show has gone from a genuine talent contest to circus acts. It is insulting to the audience to hear the judges praise certified howling. And the contestants look terrible, poorly dressed, and lacking presence.

The Voice has it together. What has happened to Idol???
  • This season is the worst EVER

These judges should all be fired!!!! They obviously dont know what talent show has become a freakin refuse to watch this show this season.
  • Wow, this season simply sucks.

All of the contestants this year have a hard time singing an entire song without missing up. The judges did a terrible job selecting contestants. After a few weeks in Hollywood, it would appear that the contestants spend more time picking out stupid costumes than they do preparing for competition. Fire all of the judges or this show is doomed.
  • J. Lo not "family appropriate"

I was very disappointed in J. Lo's choice of clothing the other night, which bared most of her breast. I have watched American Idol for years, and was shocked to be watching the show with my 8 and 9 year old daughters when J. Lo walked out with such revealing clothing. This is a great family show, but not when this filth is on. I think J. Lo is a beautiful woman, but she and American Idol need to use some discretion at what they are showing in a "family friendly" show. Even my 9 nine year old told me she didn't know where to look, every time J. Lo was on air. J. Lo and American Idol needs to consider the audience they are wanting to watch American Idol.
  • American Idol

There is a very special talent on the show, probably the most gifted ever to have participated in the Idol. Her potential can be as Whitney Houston, Diana Ross and MJ all rolled into one! She is ready, voice is polished, confident and a dancer, too!
  • Heart Tuch

These kinds of younger contestants are usually vocal tracks from your eighties! You might have Gerald lavert the particular spinners 's environmentally friendly they should become released for the african american track record apart from motown. 96V9
  • Terrible Singers

I cannot believe this season. I have been watching the show since day 1. What is wrong with the judges this season? If Simon Cowell was still a judge, I don't think he would have chosen any of these singers. There is not one that I would buy their cd. The judges need to stop praising them so much and come down on them a lot more. We were totaling disappointed in last nights performances. I agree with the last post.

The Voice genuinely has better singers. What is wrong with the judges hearing? This has to be the worst season so far. There is not one singer that I would call American Idol material!!!

• HORRIBLE SINGERS!!! Are the judges hearing right!!!

I have been watching American Idol since year 1, since Steven Tyler left, the singers they choose for top 12 are getting worst and worst. This year there is not 1 singer I would ever buy a song from, or even listen to on the radio. I have tried to watch while I am on the computer just not to feel the pain of all the horrible voices that are singing and the judges just keep complimenting them!!! What is wrong? Either we are getting bad sound editing or they are all just loosing it!! I totally agree, The Voice definitely, by far the best singers and American Idol should call it quits, honestly!!! Stop I don't want to listen to these singers, I need earplugs right now!!!
  • Worst season yet!

are only three that can sing, and the one that's gonna win it has got quite the voice! What a shame. The teeny bopper should have gone a long time ago, along with the crazy colored hair gal that u can't understand a word she's saying and can't sing! They used a save on someone that they say deserved to you've done a horrible job this time!!!!!!!!!!!! Each season IDOL gets worse. Guess all the real singers go to the VOICE!
  • where are the black songs?

These young contestants are singing songs from the eighties! You have Gerald lavert the spinners Al green they need to be introduced to the black song list other than motown
  • NO ONE THIS SEASON CAN SING!

I normally love it! I've watched every year. As a singer myself, I love hearing them sing. But this reason, NO one can sing. Some of them have potential, if they took serious lessons for 5

+ years but honestly... are the judges tone deaf?

I can't stand this!
  • OMG Are all the judges tone deaf?

This is the worst season ever! OMG Joey drives me nuts, I don't know what's worse hearing her sing or watching her dance. And what are all these contestants wearing? That will not fly in the real music world, someone needs to go to the show and boo them off stage! The judges are a joke, don't encourage them with compliments, are they wearing ear plugs while they perform? I think they are more concerned with getting publicity than doing their job and actually finding real talent. They should be ashamed of their choices!
  • joey really????

I just don't understand what people see in her cannot sing n use the save last week on a guy that cannot sing get joey in shazeem off the show worst idol I've seen in years
  • JAX was the lead singer of my brothers band for 4 years

3.5
    This season of Idol is pitiful and repulsive. The oldest contestant is 29, and the youngest is 15. The Talent gap between contestants is clear as day and you can automatically assume the top 3 at this point. The format for advancing is very unattractive. The judges are never harsh and honest with their critique, and Harry's "Talented" shirt should be burned. JAX was previously in a band with my brother for numerous years. They performed under the name "Jersey Kidz", "Meadowland", and finally "JAX" before they broke up and she started doing solo performances. I'm so done with this season and I hope everyone gets voted off. I'll go back to watching the Voice.....
  • I've never despised a contestant more!!

I was so gad to see some previous comments that were blatantly honest, and not censored or deleted. Finally a platform to speak your unbridled opinions, lol. Ok to start off, i'll address the the title of my comment. I have literally never despised a contestant more than Qaasim Middleton! Ever since Hollywood week, he was one of the people i was praying for to get cut each time. Harry actually hit it on the head, calling him out for being "all performance", so you could imagine how confused i was when they used the save on him, given the fact that even his "sing for your life" attempt was nothing but "all performance". Furthermore, I just can't stomach looking at the guy. Always licking his lips, and walking around brooding, and staring hard into the camera and to the crowd like he's some tough guy. The kid weighs about 140 pounds soaking wet, and 25 pounds of that is his dreads. Did anybody notice how every time someone performs, he has to run up and aggressively hug them. Did anybody notice the week prior when Sarina-Joi (who didn't deserve to to go home) sang for her life, and Qassim was literally stomping on the ground and screaming "save, save, save"? C'mon, like any of those contestants really want that save used on anyone besides themselves. This dude clearly always tries to be noticed. Like he wants us to see him always over-congratulating a fellow contestant so we notice him and say "hey that Qaasim sure is a supportive competitor, wow what a good guy" NONSENSE people, it's a ploy to garner fans, and votes. He is exactly what it would look like if Predator, and an orangutan had a baby. Ok enough about him, lets move on to Quentin. Although i don't hate him, i do think he's pretty phony. He's doing his best to be Lenny Kravitz. He's not a terrible singer, but a major case of image over talent. Once i heard the judges gush over his outfits during the audition process, i knew he was going to go way overboard with the whole thing. Ok Joey Cook, she's actually a good singer, but all she has is that one style, there is no versatility. She doesn't seem to have the ability to belt out a God sakes, will someone please tell that girl to brush her teeth and shave her damn armpits!! Daniel seems like a real sweet kid, but he's nowhere near ready, and it i will be rooting for him not on the show, but for his career. Tyanna, i think singing wise she is one of the best this season, but i have to agree with a previous commentor that when i see her, i too am waiting for her to start singing Afro Circus, i pee'd a little when i read that, lol. Rayvon Owens, good singer, but lacks substance, and there is no entertainment value with him. Adanna, shes not bad, but she doesn't capture my attention, or keep it. OK Maddie Walker, her best attribute is that she is a stunningly beautiful girl, and i am 100% sure that is why they changed their minds during final cuts. She absolutely does have talent, but it is strictly in the Country genre. She could go far if she stays Country. When we were watching her perform, i turned and said her, and her performance seemed very pageant like, and 2 minutes later, Harry actually used the exact same words. Although i am rooting for her, I don't think she will win, however, i think she has all the necessary ingredients and will eventually be a Country Star in a few years. Jax Jax Jax, i liked her in the beginning with her unique voice, but honestly it's already gotten old for me. I was rooting for her in the beginning because of the uniqueness and how like myself, her father was a NYC Fireman, but seeing that she had a crush on Qaasim, instantly soured my opinion on her. Is she talented? definitely. Would i root for her? Never. Clark Beckham and Nick Fradiani. In my opinion these 2 are the best, on a devastatingly weak season. I think they are both very good. In Nick i think he can become a star after the show if he leans towards the Chris Doughtry style more, as for Clark Beckham, with all things considered, like audience, politics, and voting, I think he wlll end up winning the show, but not really having a great career afterward like the majority of past Idol Winners. These are my opinions so far, if you agreed with them, great minds think alike, if you didn't, well you are entiltled to your opinion, but keep it to yourself, lol
  • TERRIBLE CHOICE TO SAVE THE UNREMARKABLE

Wow I'm extremely disappointed with the judges wasting the save on someone who has ABSOLUTELY

NO CHANCE OF WINNING!!!! I think it was harry who said best performance of the night. LOL! Yes he moved around the most and seemed comfortable on stage b/c he realized he was about to go home, so he gave it a good final memory show and wondered toward the crowd. So what!! He has absolutely no singing ability! The only reason he didn't sound worse is b/c he slowed the song way way down. and even then it was average! Now when someone who can actually win has a bad week there's no save left. That guy you saved will be long gone and the save wasted for nothing! In the future don't waste the save unless the person could actually win! If this guy wins the show should shut down and never try again that's how awful that guy is. He should of been gone at hollywood week, but since he moved around like a moron you kept putting him through wow he dances lets forget he cant sing!!Thats apparently the new american idol i mean hell even that daniel sevy or whatever made it through why??? He to should of been out at hollywood week. He could of greatly benifited from 2 or 3 no's until his nuts drop and he might actually be good but we won't know until pueberty!!!! get it together judges harry i think you've gone soft there is no reason you agreed to use the save the other two are the bleeding hearts you used to be able to be objective but not TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!And what a dumb set up they have you have to hold your breath to see if you made it another week then get up and sing it ruins the performance. Thats whats missing this year, why there aren't any breakout stars they're all to nervous and hell i'd be to if i couldn't breath till my name was called!!!!! And that stupid after song segment where the aweful singers talk to the camera's lose it already its stupid and i dont need to be told who to vote for! THEY ALL SUCK!
  • Enough Already!

Seems like ever since Dave Cook, everyone wants to rearrange perfectly good songs. Problem is, they suck at it! Come on, already! Just sing the songs and SING THEM WELL! Who is producing this crap?! Isn't there anyone telling the contestants, "hey, that probably isn't going to work?" Or is there some moron telling them it will? Who is helping them pick songs?! I can't watch/listen anymore. I literally get one line into each song and have to FF to the next, equally bad contestant! My ears are bleeding!
  • extremely poor talent this year

I enjoy watching the men sing but there is no stand-out talent. I like both quentin (for his occasional awesome interpretation) and Qaasim for his great theatrics. A few of the girls are good but again no standout and a few terrible. The guys are a bit better. But NO one is super consistently talented in their performances. I just don't get it. I like the judges but I think they make these kids think they are much better than they are -- that does not serve them well at all. It's surprising how many compliments they get for their average-to-lousy performances.
  • American Idol

Jennifer is so desperate to show her breast, it cheapens the whole show. Please realize the show is not about you.
  • Still disappointed

I quit watching americn idol a few years back after what I thought was a few BAD decisions on the judges part and J-Lo and her flirting with the young men was right in our face.... but I had the tv on and happened to here Clark Beckham singing. He is a very talented young man. I wish the judges had not wasted their save last night..... too many others have more talent and are more deserving and it may be needed later on.
  • YOLO. IDOL

I think Idol should of kept Sarina_Joi, she seems like she was the only one besides Tyanna who had some talent. It was a mistake to let her go, those judges should of saved her, Harry, YOU suck. You get up there and sing, who made you king of good voices. I think we all have our own opinion on what talent should sound like. It takes these kids a lot of guts to get up and do what they gotta do to be the idol. Most people are afraid. Great Job to all the contestants. J-lo's dress looked a lot like a huge drop of milk, lol,. otherwise her performance was alright. Her song sounds like some kind of motivational hit. FEEL BETTER NOW!
  • sucks!!!

Wow. This season is horrid

... what are the judges hearing? They all suck! And most of the girls look gross and the black chick looks like the zebra with the afro from madagascar -waiting for her to sing afro circus and joey looks like shes on her way to a kids bday party as a clown.. whats with the girl's particularly joey and jax constantly rubbing/scrunching their hair as they sing?!

Absolutely thee worst show- no talent dirty ugly looking kids this season.

Oh and why does keith urban shake one of his shoulers when hes trying to groove when someones singing?! He looks like a fool.

Quentin singing the adele song was horrid! Ruined her song!