American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 In Season

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1245)

7.3
  • Forfeiting American Idol

Don't get me wrong, as a 45 year old male I understand that American Idol is more about the "look" then the "voice," but today I watched something that made me forfeit watching the show. When the judges called back Maddie Walker to sing off against Rachel Hallack I was sick to my stomach, as they talked about Maddie have something that set her apart when we all could see that the body tight stocking she was wearing showed off her assets!! Brutal! Rachel's voice was sooo much better and to see that obvious of a bias based on looks was sickening. Idol you have lost a longtime fan. Sad. Goodbye Idol . . . not that you care.
  • Rachel

I cannot believe what the judges did last nite to Rachel last night! That was so wrong. I feel they should call her back and let them fight it out on stage. Rachel was soooooo much better! What were they thinking!!!!!

Big Mistake guys!!!!
  • judges stink

Tonight (2/18) the judges had already decided to pick Rachel Halleck. They had thrown off the previous contestant. In all their glory they bring back on the thrown out contestant and make Rachel (who was supposed to be picked for top 24) have a sign off!! This was totally unfair, very confusing for Rachel ( who was the better singer). Someone needs to fix this mess. If I were Rachel I'd be heading to an attorney's office. No wonder I like the Voice better....
  • Blew it again.

American idol stop stacking the competition. To many tone death individuals getting thru to the top 24. The "Lousianna Lady" was the next Sam Bailey of country music. Shut your mouths and open your ears. Lousianna Lady is this years winner. Stop tickeling my ears with tone death people and their sad stories. It's called life, don't give them a crutch or shoulder to cry on. It's suppose to be "talent" competition not a baby story. I'm not downloading any music for another year. I rather watch the x facor UK. Fluer East last year was amazing. Ben was tone death and won. But Fleur was awesome with Something I Need. And your show is Something I Don't Need or waste my time watching when you can't see Awesome Talent in Lady Louisanna.
  • Bring back Heather Lee!

Where were their ears tonight??? I do not personally know any of the contestants, but my husband and I were both shocked when the judges kicked off a girl named Heather Lee who sounded amazing tonight and they put through a girl in a black dress that was in her group that totally sucked. The judges got that one wrong!!! We thought for sure the girl in the black dress was gone. What a shocker and disappointment! Bring Heather back!
  • .

I really think they need new judges without a soft heart, bring back Simon cowell!!
  • Bring back the freaks

4.5
    My favorite part of this show use to be watching the people who thought they were wonderful and turned out to be pathetic. There use to be a whole segment of the finale when they brought back the worst of the worst. What happened? Did everybody lose their sense of humor. I will give this show two more years tops YAWN!!!!
  • Somethings the better

LOVED last nights show. Harry is superb and giving good advice without humiliating anyone. Keith and J lo are great. All three have good energy!!
  • Bring Back Simon!

is no judge of talent. Last week they didn't accept a girl who sang with a paper cup. Too bad she had a qualtity voice and the judges didn't know it. Her boyfriend had a very average voice and they voted him on. Harry clowns around far too much and is irritating. This used to be a quality show but there are no professionals with these judges. Adam Lambert was much better than the other two. If you don't have good judges, you get mediocre talent. What's up with the producers of this show that they don't realize this?
  • j. lo is a joke.

J. Ho isn't going to give talented, young pretty girls a chance. I still love Harry(former Louisianian) and Keith. I saw her say no to a very talented young lady, but say yes to a less talented young guy. I don't know why she is even judging a singing competition? I have more talent in my pinky finger than she has.
  • Clayindy

The ones that showed the bad and funny try outs. Also I think Jenny is getting a little pissed at Harry for being a pest. He is annoying. Let j-lo have her own space. I hate when ppl invade my space. Touchy feely bs.

Ciao
  • A better judge

Get this show off the need new is ok and Adam Lambert will bring the rating back up. Jennifer is a joke she just want to put people thru who can't sing shes so pathetic. She's not the only lady with a other guy is nuts not professional. Adam is in a different league from the other judges. .make Adam one of the judge's please..
  • This is the best they can do???

The quality of most of the contestants shown are below average. If the show continues to allow J-Lo and Keith to continually allow mediocre contestants through based upon how sappy a story they can tell, versus having real talent, the show will suffer further declines in viewers. Singing talent is what the show is about and the producers seem to have forgotten that. Harry is the only one judging based upon talent and potential, as all should be doing. Keith needs to grow a pair and quit following J-Lo's lead. Someones hard luck story is not going to keep viewers tuning in week after week if they can't sing.
  • Bringood Back

Bring back the funny contestants. I like seeing the good singers and those who go to Hollywood, but the funny ones make the it not so boring. .
  • Just a work

At the beginning of the first show you let us see the silhouettes of the 25 that made it to the you make a contest out of and figure out who the finalists are from their silhouettes and that just might get more people make the grand prize a real good the way American Idol is now...
  • things has changed

its old format of judging sucks..

to gain audience they must reformat the show

and pick a great panel of judges

honestly when simon cowel leaves. it sucks

• Ho Lee Fock

Dis show suks.
  • Danny Gokey's New Album!

Former American Idol contestant Danny Gokey is back with a brand new album!!! "Hope In Front of Me" will be out June 23rd! The single "Hope in Front of Me" is available on iTunes now! I'm so excited, I've always loved Danny's voice!! Follow him on Twitter @DannyGokey and /DannyGokeyOfficial for more info!
  • FIRE Ryan Seacrest

Ryan thinks the show is about him.
  • Oh my....

I don't know what to even say. I was so disappointed with season right from the auditions. I was never the biggest fan of this show, but hubby always watched it and there has been some amazing talent over the years. However, this season was abysmal. I had to start leaving the room when my hubby started watching it because of how dreadful it was. Seriously, when Caleb sang, it was like listening to a really bad Meatloaf song. When Jena sang, I felt like my ears were bleeding. I didn't mind Alex, but he was possibly the best of the final 3 (to me though, his voice was not Idol worthy). The entire show was a joke. They were looking for unique? Unique won't sell if their voices are crap. The show has had the worst ratings in its entire history, and instead of trying to shake things up, they renew the contracts for all the judges. I actually thought the show was going to get cancelled but instead, Fox in their infinite wisdom, decided to renew the entire thing, with the judges ridiculous salaries (and really, the worst judges this show has seen), and try to find the next unique talent. Hubby agrees with me and has already deleted it from the PVR. We are now into the Voice.
  • AlexFan

These two wasn't supposed to be on the final.. Jessica was supposed to be in the final Emannuel frm florida and Alex/ where is Caleb come from? Gena didn't win because caleb was singing rock hot songs.. I believe it was pure racism that caleb won over Gena. That's my point.
  • Idol sucks to a new low

Idol was the worst season every, instead of finding the best talent, they tried to load it with people they thought should be a Idol for a political statement. So they ended up with a bunch of mediocre singers who got voted off by the fans, then they ended up with 3 Karaoke singers. They had how many thousand audition and the top 3 they got was need to go back looking for talent instead of a political statement trying to manipulate who they want to be politcally to 13 it up voice ended up with 3 singers all very good.
  • American Scam IS More like It!

Total crap! I am seriously SHOCKED at the judges behaviors. This show was apparently about the judges and not the contestants. The cameras should've been on the singers . There should have NOT been whispering and talking while they were performing. Instead, they should've listened to them sing. You never even saw the judges on Star Search! Some contestants, they treated like gold and others like total garbage. This is so disappointing. Tweet it out and let them know, @AmericanIdol #worstseasonever This year was bloody awful....
  • No Talent to Begin With...

This season of American Idol was a joke. Am I the ONLY one who thought none of these kids could really sing? They weren't horrible but all of them still needed practice. And the judges? Well J. Lo can't sing anyway and the other two I've never heard of. I'm guessing since the judges have no talent themselves, that's how all these kids got a chance cause if it was me no one would've made it through. And randy?! Come on! You know none of those kids deserved to make it. As far as Caleb winning well that was just a joke this season should've never made it to the network.
  • No MoreJ-low

Sorry for dredging up old wounds but one of the most egregious acts I have seen committed by a judge on Idol was when J-lo got out of her judging chair and hugged Jena on stage, What inexcusable behavior for a judge. Ryan eluded to her disgusting behavior last night but not in a critical way. She has always been a poor contributor of relevant constructive criticism. She need s to been in the peanut gallery, not a judge. The producers have lost their way and cannot get back on track.
  • rigged

Idol sucks. All judges seemed to do was praise Jena and say nothing to Caleb. Also Randy was all over jena

Idol is rigged they need to just get rid of the show.
  • Worst year EVER!

I have followed American Idol since day 1. Watched every episode, and when times were in my life where I couldn't watch first hand, I always had DV-R or TiVo to help... Here is my feedback, YOU SUCK, American Idol! I am done, this show has been a part of my life for a very long time, but it's time I be moving on! It's with a heavy heart that I discontinue American Idol from my DV-R and get my interest on something else. This year has to be the worst year I've ever seen! The judges suck, the contestants suck, the mean, raw, edge from American Idol that Simon Cowell brought is GONE! Contestants have sounded like dying cattle and gotten praise from these idiots. Sorry to be harsh, but American Idol blows now!
  • American Idol

Soo I'm wondering why not all of Alex's songs aren't on iTunes. But most of Jena and Caleb's are.
  • Idol takes a giant leap backwards!

Caleb has only performed one song from this century, Randy picks an INXS song for him and now KISS performing on stage? Seriously? I thought Idol was supposed to be at least relatively current. I was extremely disappointed that someone limited to 70's and 80's rock anthems made it to the final show in place of Alex. Simon would have told Caleb to sing a song written after he was born or go home. Can a person make a living singing 40 year old cover songs? In nightclubs maybe or singing on the small stage at county fairs like KISS does. They are probably paying IDOL to perform.
  • Omg she needs to go

Jenna can not sing I honestly put earplugs in every time she comes on! Caleb, Sam and Jess are great!! alex Is OK.. Dexter was my favorite I miss him! but I think Caleb is going to win it all! but I don't know I believe it's all set up I mean get real Jenna was a wild card and now she's in the top 3 and how many good singers did they let go! if they just want someone to come up there and Jump and scream around on stage lot of us can do that! if they don't get new judges for next year I will not watch !!!! never thought American Idol would suck so bad!!!

FOX