American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 In Season

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1382)

7.2
  • Scott Borchetta needs to go!

This was the worst year ever for American Idol. We would love to see Jimmy Lovine or someone else back. It was so clear that Scott Borchetta did everything he could to skew the vote to his record label BMLG (Big Money Label sorry.. Big Machine Label Group!) Lovine would not be vindictive when the Contestants disagreed with him. It was so Blatant what Borchetta did to Clark Beckham in the last 3 shows! It was all about Borchetta making money off Jax and I can't say so much over Nick. He is good but he is 30 and has limited staying power! If Cry Baby Borchetta is on for the final season I for one will not watch and am going to start a petition to have him removed for the coming final He should be investigated for what he did along with his company!
  • I'm still in shock!

I'm still in shock that Clark Beckham didn't win American Idol. He was far superior as a musician, vocalist, personality, performer, not to mention his drop dead good looks. Scott is the one who needs to be fired. And I was very disappointed in the judges allowing Scott to sway their critiques.

I'm still pulling up You Tube to re-watch his awesome performances several times a day. American Idol will rue the day they picked mediocre Nick over Clark. What a fiasco. Boo!!
  • BIG MISTAKE

Nick winning American Idol was like Chris Allen winning over one of the best Idols Lambert.

Nick's a nice guy, but I wouldn't spend a penny on him. his facial expressions when he enunciates the words, drives me up the wall. What a joke, quit letting little girls pick their fan favorites vs. having the best singer win, like Clark vs. Jax the way it should have been. Nick shouldn't have been in the top 12.

He never sang a Ballad, so I could analyze the complete voice. Another disappointed Idol outcome.

Steve
  • Nick LIED TO AMERICAN IDOL 2 TIMES !! A I, WHY let him get away with itClark should have won !!!

clark should have won, i believe American idol is fixed... nick is not a good singer at all.. and ALSO HE LIED ABOUT NEVER AUDITIONING BEFORE AND HE LIED ABOUT BEING IN A BAND.. WHY DOES AMERICAN IDOL ALLOW HIM TO GET AWAY WITH LYING TO THEM ? this show should be no different from any other talent show, auditions.. for example miss america , if miss american lied to the judges or donald trump, or the producers, then she should not be the winner, correct ? so nick who i think is a joke, should be fired as the american idol.. HE IS A LIAR, LIAR.. who lies at an audition and gets away with it, and he is laughing at everyone.. why should he be able to do this & get away with it.

come on think about it..... he should be punished for lying to a great show like american idol.. so now he is laughing at all of you , and is laughing all the way to the bank.

Jennifer
  • American Idol Season 14

American 14

I've been following American Idol for most of the 14 years it has been on television and have never seen so much talent as was on this years show! In particular, in my opinion, CLARK BECKHAM stood out hands above all the others for he is a multi talented 22 year old who plays incredible jazz,rock,folk,blues pianois an unbeiievable guitarist who covers every style to its highest leveland is a supreme vocalist (listen to his rendition of Ray Charles "Georgia on My is in my mind Ray Charles,Billy Joel,Harry Connick Jr. all rolled into one performer at the tender age of 22!

He should have won last night's American Idol but he did other guy was good but could never cover the styles Clark could for Clark is Multi-talented and I hope who goes on to great things for the music business needs people like him!

I understand (I think) why America did not make Clark the winner,but I won't go into that. The final two for me would have been Clark and JAX!

Clark Beckhamyou are an inspiration and I know from where I speak as a professional arranger,composer,instrumentalist,vocalist & producer for over 50 years!

Well, that's my take on American Idol 14th Season.

John
  • Im sure Jax and Nick are nice... but come on..

It was embarrassing and almost painful to watch Jax and Nick perform alongside the likes of Clark. Im sure they are nice people and both are probably marketable - but their voices are cringeworthy. I tried each week to give them another chance to impress me ... but their voices are just not good - they would be good at a little bar in a small town - but not on Idol. They shouldn't have been in the top TEN THOUSAND in my opinion. Idol was lucky to have Clark be a part of the show. He is a true musician - and his voice is RIDICULOUS. I can't wait to get his album & see where he goes after this.
  • American Idol Over Time

Jax should have won. Idol is sexist. Notice how rarely a female wins. It's always a white boy. Simply because he was born male. So wrong. So not fair. And I'm upset with Fox for running the show over 2 hours. I set my DVD until 9:05 & I still missed some of it.
  • Happy Nick won

It was really entertaining and awesome until the disgusting dancing and nasty songs that were sung. This is a family affair and the display of nasty dancing really upset us. My nine year old grand daughter got up and began to imitate the dancers so disappointing. The back it up song is totally nasty and the other one too. I love music and I have watched every one of the shows. I will miss watching it. Just remember how many little boys and girls are being influenced by this show.
  • Where have the voters with good rock taste gone?

5.5
    I am glad to see Clark in the final. Nick is a good singer but he is nowhere near as good as Jax. If the majority of voters had any good rock musical taste Jax would be the next Idol. Hate to detract from Nick's win, but Clark was clearly better. Check out his duet with Michael McDonald. Clark and Jax should have tied for winner. Another reason I lower my rating for Idol is their consistent failure to finish their finale in the allotted 2 hours. And a big thumbs down to my local Fox station which started the local news at exactly 10PM thus cutting off the end of Idol. I had to go on-line to find out who won.
  • Something ruined Idol this year

I've watched AI for 4 years now. For the past three years I've picked the winner early on, and in 2012 I picked both of the finalists early on. I thought some of the judging was harsh but I always thought the judges were being honest. This year, I picked Clark early on. Nick wasn't one of my favorites--I wouldn't have guessed he'd be in the top 12. The judging was unbelievable. Nick made every song he sang sound the same. I thought his best number was the Springsteen number because he did a good impersonation of Springsteen, which was what it sounded like. Last year the judges kept trying to get Caleb to change it up: sing something slow, sing something soft... This year they let Nick go on week after week singing fast and loud. I didn't think the judging was honest at all. I think having the record producer as the vocal coach was a huge mistake. He probably decided whom he wanted to produce and bent the judging to his will. He chose awful songs for Clark when he had the chance.
  • WHAT HAPPENED TO INTEGRITY?

Shame on you American Idol, anyone that knows anything about a TRUE NATURAL musician clearly knows from "Georgia" to "When a Man Loves a Woman" CLARK BECKHAM is hands down so far advanced from ANY of the other contestants, I am pretty sure the producers, the judges and the many many Beckham supporters know that. American Idol, you have lost your intelligence, your integrity and a ton of viewers, simply by not being honest and following the almighty "dollar" well the joke is on you, CLARK BECKHAM WILL SUCCEED and flourish, he is a very handsome talented and spiritual young man with a God given talent to share with the world. Continued success Clark Beckham, keep your feet on the ground and never lose site of your gift. One more thing, this is to Ms. Lopez, Mr. Urban and Mr. Connick - get off the proverbial fence, I do hope the money was worth it, because not only did you jeopardize your integrity, you very well could have hindered your very own careers by the choices you made, when all three of you stood up with the entire audience on not one but TWO of Clark's performances you all knew at that moment he was special and would and SHOULD win this "SO-CALLED" competition. I am very disappointed that you did not stand up for what you KNEW was the right thing to do. I actually feed bad for you guys at this point, because I know you knew better..........
  • Judges comments and behavior indicated an agenda.

Clark was clearly better. The judges behavior and comments during the last several weeks clearly showed an agenda was in play. I didn't have to watch the season finale to know Nick would win.

I watched the show all season, and by the end of the season I had enough emotional capital invested in the show that I wanted to believe the best person won (even if I didn't agree with the voting outcome). It didn't happen.

This is my first time commenting on a TV show.
  • I am done

After watching American Idol since the beginning, this will be my last year. A girl has no chance of winning and it doesn't matter how talented she may be. It's been 11 years of the same profile of a guy winning. What's up? I'm going over to The Voice.
  • What a Waste

I cannot BELIEVE Jax had the lowest votes. The female population needs to stop voting for the cute boys and vote for the best, most original artist. Nobody sounds like her. So many other singers just like Nick & Clark. This show hasn't produced a standout artist since Carrie Underwood.
  • I CANT HELP BUT THINK IT'S RIGGED!!!

2.5
    Unfortunately it's all about who they can market the way THEY want to market am so glad that Im not the only one on here that has seen all the signs they are pulling for Nick to win...... Last night when they showed the American Idol Silhouette, it was Nick and not both of them, but tonite at the beginning they showed both of the in the silhouette ..... Also everything I've read on social media seems to be hinting to the fact that Nick has it in the bag, even though Clark out sang him....... So if Clark wins tonite, it will be a shocker, but if he doesn't I think he will be better off. Good luck Clark either way, I think you are soooo good and you have an outstanding career ahead of you.
  • Is this a fix?

This is my first season watching this show. Is it always this way? The song picked for Clark was so much weaker than the song picked for Nick. I felt so many others were better performers that Nick but he did a great job on the final song that just fit him. The song given to Clark didn't show off his fabulous skills and voice. It seemed they were doing everything to make sure Clark wasn't chosen. I hope the audience saw through this and picked the multi-talented Clark. Georgia was breathtaking.
  • JAX LEAVING WAS THE NAIL ON THE COFFIN FOR AMERICAN IDOL

THE JUDGES WERE BIASED THE LAST THREE WEEKS NICK SO OBVIOUSLY PUSHING FOR HIM TO WIN!! LAST NIGHT WAS AWFUL WITH SCOTT PICKING THESE BLAND AND BORING SONGS FOR CLARK AND NICK TO SING AS THEIR CHAMPION WHO WOULD BUY SCOTT DUDE RUINED THE SHOW THIS YEAR FOR SURE AND WITH OUT A DOUBT IT CAUSED POOR RATINGS!! JAX STILL RULES IN MY BOOK AND I WOULD BUY ANY MAKES!! SHE PROBABLY LUCKED OUT AND WILL BE A BIGGER STAR THAN BOTH NICK AND IS A COPY OF DAUGHTRY AND CLARK WILL BE IN LAS VEGAS LIKE TAYLOR HICKS!! LOVE YOU JAX AND HARRY AND SCOTT YOU ARE ALL MADE THE SHOW SO TERRIBLE!! AND RYAN THAT KARDASIAN LOVER AND DARE HE ASK KEITH LAST NIGHT WHO WOULD HE BIASED THE SHOW AGAIN AND SAID NICK HAS THE FIXED IS THIS SHOW WILL NOT WATCH IT TONIGHT!!
  • Could the judges be ANY less subtle?

I mean COME ON!!! Clarks Version of Aint no Sunshine was OUTSTANDING. He flawlessly played the Guitar and built that song up emotionally and he added runs and nuances to the arrangement that were so Clever and musical and dynamic. i was on the edge of my seat and had chills up and down my spine. Nicks version of the Jason Mraz song was like good Kareoke. He didn't do anything unique to the melody or arrangement yet the judges PRAISED him. I just don't understand Harry. He is SO all about musical scales and intonation and Clark excels in those things but for some reason He and the other judges seem to have disregarded what they used to love about Clark and seem to have something against him now for the past several weeks. It was around the time that Clark had a disagreement with Scott B about a song choice and ever since then it seems like the judges are trying to persuade America to get him voted off the competition by having constant criticism about every one of his performances. As other reviews here have commented on this site, Clark's version of the 50 shades of Grey song was probably one of his best performances ALL season, however EACH judge had something picky to say about it. LAME things at THAT! It was VERY hard to watch and hear and it made you think "What the heck is going on here??" it was just SO blatantly obvious that the producers of the show or Scott Borcheta or SOMEONE was whispering in their ears during the performance to bring it down several notches. It seems clear that Scott doesn't want to have Clark on his label. Of ALL video clips to show before they sang their original song in tonight's finale, Scott's comments to Clark (that were aired) were not very positive and showed skepticism in Scott's face. Hhis comments to Nick, on the other hand, were something along the lines of "YOU GOT THIS"!! If American idol is going to have a fair competition then these types of edits need to be on the exact same page not favoring one over the other. its just unbelievably dirty to edit the show this way. Even down to the Audience's reactions during the songs. It was SO "YAY" Nick and "SO-SO" Clark it discussed me. Even on the AI Website Video clips Scott comments about Clark and wondering what type of artist he would be ?? Really? Has Anyone heard of a guy named Sam Smith?? That is clearly the vein of Clark Beckham with maybe a more classic/ retro flair. A modern day Sinatra perhaps? A conservative Justin Timberlake? A young Harry Connick Junior? Clark's potential is limitless and with his classic good looks he could even break into movies. Scott B needs to open his mind and see that Clark could very well be a huge star! Yes, Nick is a good singer but he sounds similar to so many current rock / pop singers already on the charts. My prediction is that if Nick makes it he will most likely have a career similar to Chris Daughtry. (which might not be such a bad thing). However, If America gets its right (which they've been known NOT to do on more than one season) than all will be good and the judges and Scott can bite their tongue.

GO CLARK!!
  • Glad they are ending this show !!

I have watched from the beginning on and off again because of the crap that they pull ! Just come out and say the producers and creator will choose the Idol via the judges ! Don't insult our intelligence by asking us to vote and then rig it so that their favorite continues on and then ultimately wins ! It's crap. I liked Clark from day one and he is CONSISTENT. I also think Nick is awesome and has come a loooong way and has confidence now. However, the judges help anyone they like with their confidence. I believe and would not be surprised if either one of these young men win ON THEIR OWN MERITS and without the help of the 'unbiased' judges. My a-s ! Scott knows who he wants to SELL and they geared all comments, accolades and now song choice (for the single) towards who they clearly wanted. Clark is an instrument and Nick is a great performer. I will be happy for Nick and happier that Clark will not have to ride the hamster wheel for IDOL or Scott !!!!!!!!
  • To much publicity for Nick. Let him win or lose on his talent

Nick is getting way to mucb publicity. We are spending much to mucn money on advertising, news broadcast, facebook, parties and newspapers on one man. Let him win on is own talent not try to persuade people to vote for him. Let him win on his own talent which I don't think he is the best one. Not saying he isn't good but others so much better and with a better attitude. There have been some that got voted off that were so mucn better. I also don't think the judges should show such favortism.
  • Clark Beckman

4.5
    I have just watched the show on tape where Clark did Moon River by the late Andy Williams. We were on vacation when it aired and was shocked when all the judges criticized his performance in one way or another. I thought he did a great job. How can you change up a song by the great Andy Williams. Not one comment on Andy Williams being deceased or what a nice commemeration song for him. These judges are only there to get a pay check and to me do not really care about the singers. They pick there favorites and even if there so called favorite sings bad, they get a good comment, even if it is a comment on there outfit or hair. No wonder the show cannot/survive. The show could survive with new judges and let the contestants sing songs that really show their talent. Not everyone can sing for example, Barry Manilow, Stevie Wonder, and so many other singers that can only sing certain songs. You also need better coaches to help these contestants out. Kind of like what the Voice does. Really disapointed with the show being cancelled. One other horrible mistake was hiring Nikki Minaij after getting Mariah Carrey. What were you thinking. The worst season ever with her on it.
  • Cutting Ravon!!

WHY choose an emotional mumbler over Ravon who sings like an angel!
  • CLARK BECKHAM/AMERICAN IDOL STEPCHILD

What in the world is going on?! Have I gotten that old? Clark Beckham is awesome and it doesn't seem that the judges have anything positive to say to him. She seems sweet but I just DO NOT get the Jax thing. My Generation is The Who? Sorry. I just did not connect to Jax's performance. Clark's Fifty Shades of Grey was one of the best performances I have ever seen on AI.
  • CLARK BECKHAM - AMERICAN IDOL PRODUCTION SUCKS

From the start of American Idol this year, only one contestant has brought a distinctly unique and fresh sound to the stage, Clark Beckham. And week after week he has been produced and criticized in ways that have not helped but rather set him adrift in the competition.

People have tired of American Idols ill conceived voice coaching methods, Connicks demoralizing critiques, and Jaylo's preferential treatment of anointing one singer over another; this year its a toss up between Jax and Nick, both competent singers but who bring nothing new to the music industry. Beckham's last performance of the 50 Shades of Gray song was mesmerizing, brilliant, and so above the zone of the other performers (even though Rayvon's last song showcased his vocal ability again proving he is a better singer than Nick and Jax). But then Harry and Jaylo found some petty and illogical issue with Beckham's outstanding and deep soulful performance, and he began to doubt himself again and the deer in headlights look remerged on his face.

So the Voice will continue to soar on an entertainment level; as all the judges and producers show a much higher regard and respect for the singers on their show. Blake Beckham has the grace and talent of a young Whitney Houston, Michael McDonald, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, and a more genuine natural approach to his singing (when he's not thinking about Harry Connick) than Justin Timberlake, and American idol is going to blow this opportunity again by pushing their favorites to the top of the heap.

Go back and take a look at Beckham's last performance--has American Idol written all over it. He's new, and brings something unique to the stage, not another Billy Joel or Lady Gaga (even she recognized she'd become pass). Enough with the preferred bogus judging and bad production. As it stands now, Keith Urban is currently the only credible and unbiased judge.
  • About time the judges criticized Clark Beckham

I'm forced to conclude that most viewers this season have beans in their ears. Clark Beckham does NOT have a great voice by any reasonable standard, and he's not a great performer. He shouldn't have made the top 24, let alone the top 12. Many of his interpretations have made me wince, as have his excruciatingly ugly shouted "high If there's any bias among the judges, it's in favor of Clark, because they have not called him on singing out of tune or on completely missing the point of many of the songs. He may win, but he has neither a great voice nor any charisma, and will not have a career. The best SINGERS in the competition all are gone. The best ENTERTAINER left is Jax.
  • Clark bashing!

What is up judges with Clark? It shocks me that you all seem very bias this year. Clark should really take it all. He clearly has the best voice. IMO you have ALL gone on and on about how great Jax is, May 7th 3 rd performance was the first " halfway" bad" ( and totally point on) critique I've heard her recieve. Yet time after time you bash Clark for no reason. This has been the worst, very worst year. The show is on it's way out. I've watched since the beginning. But, I hate the new format and what is with only 5 going on tour this year? What a crock. If next year doesn't get any better, I won't be watching. For that matter if Jax wins I will not be watching. Judges have surely set her up for the win.
  • Judges.....

K nothing against Nick, but COMES ON judges.... The guy doesn't make the song his own! Vocally, Nick cannot compare to Clarke or Jax. Clarke blew it out of the ballpark vocals and performance with Weekend's Jax was cool and sultry as usual! Keith Urban 's comment to Nick' s last performance being it's great cuz he didn't change sang it exactly like the original! Not impressed.... Sorry....
  • Ceejay

Clark's performance sizzled . I didn't get what the judges were saying. It was like they all had someone else in mind to win, so they resorted to Clark bashing in order to achieve their goal. That was totally wierd.
  • rayvon is american idol fix

It no way rayvon should have beaten out Quentin and show is surely fixed it's a joke I'm done...
  • What a sham, get rid of the fan save!

I think American Idol is awful this year. The fan save is rigged, it doesn't factor in the different time zones. It's simple, one man is on the bottom every week yet he wins during the fan save? Come on! Not everyone Twitter's either so how can that be a reflection of what Americans think. Also, get off Clark.. Each week you tell him to do something better or different and he does, yet you never tell Rayvon to stop sounding the same, terrible every week ... I've been a fan for years until I've watched this sham of a season and all the talent being voted off in favor of one time zone feelings...