American Idol

Wednesday 8:00 PM on FOX Premiered Jun 11, 2002 Between Seasons

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1228)

7.3
  • Oh my....

I don't know what to even say. I was so disappointed with season right from the auditions. I was never the biggest fan of this show, but hubby always watched it and there has been some amazing talent over the years. However, this season was abysmal. I had to start leaving the room when my hubby started watching it because of how dreadful it was. Seriously, when Caleb sang, it was like listening to a really bad Meatloaf song. When Jena sang, I felt like my ears were bleeding. I didn't mind Alex, but he was possibly the best of the final 3 (to me though, his voice was not Idol worthy). The entire show was a joke. They were looking for unique? Unique won't sell if their voices are crap. The show has had the worst ratings in its entire history, and instead of trying to shake things up, they renew the contracts for all the judges. I actually thought the show was going to get cancelled but instead, Fox in their infinite wisdom, decided to renew the entire thing, with the judges ridiculous salaries (and really, the worst judges this show has seen), and try to find the next unique talent. Hubby agrees with me and has already deleted it from the PVR. We are now into the Voice.