American Idol

Sunday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Jun 11, 2002 In Season

RyanSeacrest

American Idol Fan Reviews (1446)

7.2
  • Trent took title.

I just started watching Idol this year. My only regret is that I didn't start watching it 14 years ago. It was an amazing show. I enjoyed it so much on many levels. I adored Dalton, but did admit that he wouldn't and shouldn't win, at least not against this particular competition. My absolute favorite was Trent. I thought he truly deserved to win. He just keep getting better and better. At the beginning of the competition I didn't even know he was capable off singing the way he was singing toward the end of the completion.. He was the perfect student and just kept working and working and evolving I didn't actually think that anyone would be able to beat LaPorsha though. She has a magnificent voice but her music does not move me at all. She has this unreal God given talent,but did not seem to have to work for it as hard and she does not have the emotion that Trent has. He voice is beautiful and she can do lots wit her voice, but it isn't a unique "special" voice. Trent has all those wonderful characteristics. When he sang Sia's Chandelier I started crying. That rarely happens. I am truly so happy he took the title and as Jennifer Lopez said 2 episodes ago, "he deserves to He does and he did and America knows how to vote!! What do you guys think?