American Idol

Top 12 Finalists to be Revealed Tonight

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Mar 09, 2006 on FOX

• Finally this show will only be on 2 nights a week.

I can't say I'm at all happy with America's choices for elimination. Of course, I didn't vote and didn't even see the women perform. I do know that in first week of the semi-finals(24) that I liked 6 girls and 2 guys. Kinnik and Ayla were in my top 6, in fact they were in my top 4. I am very happy to see Mandisa and Katharine McPhee in the top 12. I'm also happy to see Chris Daughtry and Ace Young, despite the latters bad performance this past Wednesday. Sorry, ya'll I'm not found of his falsetto. I liked him as a favorite the first week of semifinals(12), but David has quickly taken up that spot.

I can somewhat stand Bucky, so long as I don't watch him: his teeth are not idol-like, makeover please! I hate Taylor Hicks' dancing, but can usually stand his singing, so long as I don't watch. Paris Bennett is decent, I mean she's a better Fantasia Barrino, and I was pissed that Fantasia beat out Latoya London back in fourth place. Very saddening! Kevin Covais really isn't that bad, but he has no chance at winning.

Again, Elliott Yamin is another hard to look at contestant, so if I look away from the TV screen his voice is alright.

Anyone I left out didn't leave a big enough impression for me to hate or like, so they will probably be heading out next.