American Inventor Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Is the series dead?

antdude

[1]Apr 2, 2008
    • level: 28
    http://www.tv.com/story/11083.html doesn't mention American Inventor. I am going to assume the series is dead.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CaptainMidnight

[2]May 24, 2008
    • level: 51
    It's been obvious for months now that it wouldn't be back this year. Auditions should have been started in late March but weren't. Their website disappeared. Somebody claimed Simon Cowell and ABC had a financial dispute and maybe it would be back summer 2009, but I wouldn't put money on that. Variety reported ABC did not renew the show because the second season ratings stunk. There's supposed to be a new show called "The Shark Tank," from the guy who brought you "Survivor" and "The Apprentice," which will not focus on wacky contestants. However, AFAIK, no network has bought that show.

antdude

[3]May 31, 2008
    • level: 28
    CaptainMidnight wrote:
    It's been obvious for months now that it wouldn't be back this year. Auditions should have been started in late March but weren't. Their website disappeared. Somebody claimed Simon Cowell and ABC had a financial dispute and maybe it would be back summer 2009, but I wouldn't put money on that. Variety reported ABC did not renew the show because the second season ratings stunk. There's supposed to be a new show called "The Shark Tank," from the guy who brought you "Survivor" and "The Apprentice," which will not focus on wacky contestants. However, AFAIK, no network has bought that show.
    Oh well. RIP then.

Rackad

[4]Jul 14, 2008
    • level: 2
    Season 1 was maybe the best realityshow Ive seen. Dont know what happened on season 2, I just didnt find it that appealing. I would have watched s03 though but I cant say Ill miss it too much.

dollypez

[5]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 1

I have, what I feel, could be a great invention, but not way to have it produced. Every time I search for some way to have it looked at I run into feedback that is less than complimentary about the different sights saying they help inventors get their inventions in front of potential investors. If I had the money to sink into developing this idea I wouldn't need help from these companies. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get some legitimate help?