American Inventor Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Season 2 episode 1 discussion

  • Avatar of Rattrap007

    Rattrap007

    [1]Jun 6, 2007
    • member since: 02/24/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 357

    Ok saw the first few.

     

    First guy's was hilariously stupid.

    The Arf Bage was kinda funny. felt bad for that dog.

    And was it just me or did the third guy look like a baked potato in that giant foil suit?

    Edited on 06/06/2007 6:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of EJamison

    EJamison

    [2]Jun 6, 2007
    • member since: 07/09/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 7,238
    George Foreman says yes much to easily, much too often.  If the fireman can make his invention work, I think he could be the winner.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rattrap007

    Rattrap007

    [3]Jun 6, 2007
    • member since: 02/24/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 357
    I love that the guy with his My Therapy Buddy came back and somehow got moved on. I was laughing my butt off at that. Hilarious!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of antdude

    antdude

    [4]Jun 7, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/04
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 3,663
    Rattrap007 wrote:
    I love that the guy with his My Therapy Buddy came back and somehow got moved on. I was laughing my butt off at that. Hilarious!
    Me too! Love the eyes reaction. I can't believe most of the judges said yes. I just hope he loses!!
    Edited on 06/06/2007 11:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rattrap007

    Rattrap007

    [5]Jun 7, 2007
    • member since: 02/24/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 357
    Did you see Peter's reaction when the guy walked into the room. That was priceless
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JeanMary56

    JeanMary56

    [6]Jun 7, 2007
    • member since: 10/25/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 16
    I cried like a baby when the Fireman was out there telling his story. I rewinded and re-watched him twice, cried all
    three times. VERY moving indeed, and definitely the most
    believable inventor of the night. I can definitely see him
    being the winner in the end.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Have to admit I thought the Therapy Buddy was very odd, but
    after hearing it talk several times, I was oddly soothed by
    that voice, it was kind of scary to me that I found myself
    liking it --- maybe the guy's got a point, Americans might
    want to buy one of the things (say they're getting it for
    their kids!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CURLYHURLEY

    CURLYHURLEY

    [7]Jun 7, 2007
    • member since: 10/21/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 907
    JeanMary56 wrote:
    I cried like a baby when the Fireman was out there telling his story. I rewinded and re-watched him twice, cried all three times. VERY moving indeed, and definitely the most believable inventor of the night. I can definitely see him being the winner in the end. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Have to admit I thought the Therapy Buddy was very odd, but after hearing it talk several times, I was oddly soothed by that voice, it was kind of scary to me that I found myself liking it --- maybe the guy's got a point, Americans might want to buy one of the things (say they're getting it for their kids!
    What you said about the fireman's sap story is exactly why I hate this show, I'm not going to be forced into feeling sorry for everybody its stupid, its a tough world get over it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CaptainMidnight

    CaptainMidnight

    [8]Jun 10, 2007
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 51
    • rank: I Broke TV.com (Shatterdaymorn)
    • posts: 587
    I can't believe the Autobib advanced. It's a stupid idea (people shouldn't be eating in their cars, especially drivers) and not much of an invention. Wow, a giant bib! That must have taken years of concentrated thought. It's not even patentable, so anyone who wants to make a competing version has a clear shot.

    Looked a bit at last year's episodes. Has anyone noticed just how many of these inventions are named "Something Buddy"? What's that all about?

    And George Foreman is a bad joke. I don't know whether he's supposed to be the token black or token celebrity. He stunk up his "sitcom" back in 1993 and makes me gag any time he pitches his George Foreman grills. The guy's obviously taken a few too many shots to the head in the ring.
    Edited on 06/10/2007 10:58pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TelFan7

    TelFan7

    [9]Jun 24, 2007
    • member since: 08/01/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,015

    CaptainMidnight wrote:
    I can't believe the Autobib advanced. It's a stupid idea (people shouldn't be eating in their cars, especially drivers) and not much of an invention. Wow, a giant bib! That must have taken years of concentrated thought. It's not even patentable, so anyone who wants to make a competing version has a clear shot. Looked a bit at last year's episodes. Has anyone noticed just how many of these inventions are named "Something Buddy"? What's that all about? And George Foreman is a bad joke. I don't know whether he's supposed to be the token black or token celebrity. He stunk up his "sitcom" back in 1993 and makes me gag any time he pitches his George Foreman grills. The guy's obviously taken a few too many shots to the head in the ring.

    He (Mr. George Foreman, that is) seemed to like that black family with the deaf girl only because the boys were all named George as well, COME-ON!!! And don't hearing aids stay in place anyway?? Glad they didn't win LA or San Fran, wherever they were from!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MasterMoron

    MasterMoron

    [10]Jun 29, 2007
    • member since: 01/03/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 14
    The problem with the hearing aid was it looked ridiculous. Those kids would get their ass kicked on the playground.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TelFan7

    TelFan7

    [11]Jun 30, 2007
    • member since: 08/01/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 1,015

    MasterMoron wrote:
    The problem with the hearing aid was it looked ridiculous. Those kids would get their ass kicked on the playground.

    That may be true, but I thought only the girl had one, not the boys.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Rattrap007

    Rattrap007

    [12]Jul 19, 2007
    • member since: 02/24/04
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 357
    The Autobib is pointless. I eat in my car (parked of course). I use a few napkins to make a bib. I get those free at the drive through. Why would I pay money for them if i can get a free substitute?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.