American Inventor Forums

ABC (ended 2007)

Season 2 episode 1 discussion

Rattrap007

[1]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 14

Ok saw the first few.

First guy's was hilariously stupid.

The Arf Bage was kinda funny. felt bad for that dog.

And was it just me or did the third guy look like a baked potato in that giant foil suit?

Edited on 06/06/2007 6:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EJamison

[2]Jun 6, 2007
    • level: 17
    George Foreman says yes much to easily, much too often.  If the fireman can make his invention work, I think he could be the winner.

Rattrap007

[3]Jun 6, 2007
    I love that the guy with his My Therapy Buddy came back and somehow got moved on. I was laughing my butt off at that. Hilarious!

antdude

[4]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 27
    Rattrap007 wrote:
    I love that the guy with his My Therapy Buddy came back and somehow got moved on. I was laughing my butt off at that. Hilarious!
    Me too! Love the eyes reaction. I can't believe most of the judges said yes. I just hope he loses!!
    Edited on 06/06/2007 11:42pm

Rattrap007

[5]Jun 7, 2007
    Did you see Peter's reaction when the guy walked into the room. That was priceless

JeanMary56

[6]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 2
    I cried like a baby when the Fireman was out there telling his story. I rewinded and re-watched him twice, cried all
    three times. VERY moving indeed, and definitely the most
    believable inventor of the night. I can definitely see him
    being the winner in the end.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Have to admit I thought the Therapy Buddy was very odd, but
    after hearing it talk several times, I was oddly soothed by
    that voice, it was kind of scary to me that I found myself
    liking it --- maybe the guy's got a point, Americans might
    want to buy one of the things (say they're getting it for
    their kids!

CURLYHURLEY

[7]Jun 7, 2007
    • level: 25
    JeanMary56 wrote:
    I cried like a baby when the Fireman was out there telling his story. I rewinded and re-watched him twice, cried all three times. VERY moving indeed, and definitely the most believable inventor of the night. I can definitely see him being the winner in the end. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Have to admit I thought the Therapy Buddy was very odd, but after hearing it talk several times, I was oddly soothed by that voice, it was kind of scary to me that I found myself liking it --- maybe the guy's got a point, Americans might want to buy one of the things (say they're getting it for their kids!
    What you said about the fireman's sap story is exactly why I hate this show, I'm not going to be forced into feeling sorry for everybody its stupid, its a tough world get over it!

CaptainMidnight

[8]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 51
    I can't believe the Autobib advanced. It's a stupid idea (people shouldn't be eating in their cars, especially drivers) and not much of an invention. Wow, a giant bib! That must have taken years of concentrated thought. It's not even patentable, so anyone who wants to make a competing version has a clear shot.

Looked a bit at last year's episodes. Has anyone noticed just how many of these inventions are named "Something Buddy"? What's that all about?

And George Foreman is a bad joke. I don't know whether he's supposed to be the token black or token celebrity. He stunk up his "sitcom" back in 1993 and makes me gag any time he pitches his George Foreman grills. The guy's obviously taken a few too many shots to the head in the ring.
    Edited on 06/10/2007 10:58pm

TelFan7

[9]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 6

CaptainMidnight wrote:
    I can't believe the Autobib advanced. It's a stupid idea (people shouldn't be eating in their cars, especially drivers) and not much of an invention. Wow, a giant bib! That must have taken years of concentrated thought. It's not even patentable, so anyone who wants to make a competing version has a clear shot. Looked a bit at last year's episodes. Has anyone noticed just how many of these inventions are named "Something Buddy"? What's that all about? And George Foreman is a bad joke. I don't know whether he's supposed to be the token black or token celebrity. He stunk up his "sitcom" back in 1993 and makes me gag any time he pitches his George Foreman grills. The guy's obviously taken a few too many shots to the head in the ring.

He (Mr. George Foreman, that is) seemed to like that black family with the deaf girl only because the boys were all named George as well, COME-ON!!! And don't hearing aids stay in place anyway?? Glad they didn't win LA or San Fran, wherever they were from!!

MasterMoron

[10]Jun 29, 2007
    • level: 2
    The problem with the hearing aid was it looked ridiculous. Those kids would get their ass kicked on the playground.

TelFan7

[11]Jun 30, 2007
    • level: 6

MasterMoron wrote:
    The problem with the hearing aid was it looked ridiculous. Those kids would get their ass kicked on the playground.

That may be true, but I thought only the girl had one, not the boys.

Rattrap007

[12]Jul 19, 2007
    The Autobib is pointless. I eat in my car (parked of course). I use a few napkins to make a bib. I get those free at the drive through. Why would I pay money for them if i can get a free substitute?