American Inventor

ABC (ended 2007)

pinto_believer

American Inventor Fan Reviews (65)

7.1
  • Edible snow globes were not snow globes, gym in bag is just a bunch of weights and rubber bands thrown into a gym bag, Easy branch cutter is already available at most hardware stores.

4.8
    -Edible snow globes: yes they are edible but where was the snow??? Snow globes are usually filled with water and \"snow\". They lady just simply put a plastic bowl over the candy and declared it a snow globe

-kids in plastic air cushion: only in the San Francisco Bay Area one can come up with psycho junk like this.

-Pit and shell hiding bowl: two guys that had a hit single once, never heard of them, do you know them? The idea is ok but why were they not able to produce a prototype? And one guy said \"We\'re gonna be famous again\".

-Gym in a bag: WTF? You can see the rubber band exercise thingy every other night on informercials. The guy didn\'t invent anything and he claimed he spent already $100,000??? This man is BSing everyone.

-Solar-powered cooler: one of those no-brainer ideas the cooler companies are probably working on it for the past 7 years.

-suits for cars: this man was clearly insane.

-toilet paper holder with soap: not bad of an idea, would be great for the middle east where they don\'t use toilet paper and always wash their behinds with water.

-Easy branch cutter: this was unbelievable! You can buy this at every hardware store. That just shows you that none of the judges ever did any yard work.

-bed pouch: that was fun to see her face after she learned that someone invented it already. And she claimed that she spent $8000 on it already.

-car window AC: well it was just a fan in a clear suitcase, but at least he had a prototype.
  • please help me

I have 3 great inventions but I do not have the money or resources to start them please help me simon
  • The judges have to have a fight just to keep it interesting? And they make it seem like a soap opera. Do not watch this show!!!!

1.3
    I don\'t really get it. Why do these judges have al of these fights? I bet they are paid to do it just for people to still watch it. Also, half of the inventions are not even inventions, more like improvements to modern day things. Even the inventors are crazy:

\"Ohhhh, I spent 12,000 dollars on this bed that already exists\"

\"I...sniff.....spent..100,000 dollars..sniff...on exercise equipment...My LiFE DePENDS oN THiS!!\"

\"I am 14 years old, and I am bragging to the judges because I made a pretty doggy air conditioner. Ooohhh.....(drools)\"

Do not watch this show!!!
  • great

this show is funny especially the bald panel guy. but the funniest part is the inventions like the top 10 dumbest inventions i laughed my butt of and i can\'t belive the approved the invention by the british person with the disposable sheets pass paper. that little boy with the dog air conditioner was cool and awesome the other inventions somethin somethin. I\'m not sure whowon this year but i remember seeing a guy with a big white mustache at the last minute. i didn\'t really understand the learing one thats a toy with colors a learning one. thank you for reading my review
  • Great show but the judges lost a great one. What were they thinking. The kid's invention....Come On!

Great Show! The judges made a huge mistake on the kid. I\'m a pet owner that would love something like that. How many times has any pet owner gone some where to walk the dog and forgets to pick something up from the store. Its something that would be convenient. To know that your pet is safe and comfortable is peace of mind. I believe its a concept that has huge potential and simply just needs to be modified. Its an idea car companies should run with. What a shame.
  • Neat inventions!

I'm glad our world still appreciates inventors. They put their whole lifetime of work into creating something for the world to use. This show makes the difference for scientists and inventors and passionate dreamers out there. Good vibes come from this show as well as inventions!
  • Tonight's premier episode of American Inventor certainly got us started out on two left feet.

6.2
    Tonight's premier episode of American Inventor certainly got us started out on two left feet. This certainly wasn't anything unexpected; as with any talent competition the bad far outweighs the bad. We saw a device that held your hat on, a doggy barf bag, urine activated color changing toilet training pictures, and much much more.

I can see why the show's first episode starts with the crazies: it grabs our attention. Of they maybe 15 contestants they previewed tonight only 3 made it through to Los Angeles, but that doesn't mean we weren't entertained as we watched someone self-proclaim he re-invented the wheel. You can real the live blog, full recap and viewer comments at http://inventorspot.com/american_inventor_episode_201?page=0%2C1
  • It's decent, but are studio execs this desperate?

5.8
    Just like that 14-year-old boy seen at the very end wants his dog conditioner to hit it big time, American Inventor wants to be to inventions what American Idol is to up-and-coming pop stars. And just like that boy; whom was turned down to his massive disappointment, this show isn't wildly successful.

It's nice to see a high-profile reality show that isn't the same smutty, artistically-challenged, Booze N' Broads© garbage. And having one about inventors would be really nifty... but a reality show about inventors using the American Idol formula? Is that even practical?

And it doesn't help that I found most of the inventions displayed to be either confusing or so nonsensically worthless that I thought I was watching a satire. Throw in some rather disturbing moments like that psychiatrist woman and her punching bag thingy, and you have a prime example of how bankrupt studio executives have become these days.

I'll continue watching since the concept intrigues me, but I will not be surprised if this bombs in the ratings and gets canned sooner than later.
  • We are watching people show Inventions........

Let me just say this [Caps Lock] You are watching people show inventions how [BLEEP] dumb are you [End Caps Lock]. The only saving grace is how stupid some of the inventors are which is funny as hell much like the bad singers on \"Idol\". This show will stay on due to idiots.
  • This show may not get three yesses....

This 2 hour premiere started with really lame items (I suppose ala the bad singers on IDOL) but my reaction was that it was a waste of time. I wanted to see the real inventions. Perhaps if the show was filled with truely good products, I would not have been so angry when they threw off the woman with the kid's DVD and the young boy with the car cooler - both excellent products as far as I could see.

I've never been a fan of Simon...I'm less now. And I REALLY wanted this show to be good. Like some of the products shown - it has potential but may not get 3 yesses....
  • One of the worst shows ever invented.

1.4
    I can't believe that a show this half-baked is allowed to air. American Inventor is a boring and mind-numbingly awful exercise in which hopeful inventors take their products before a panel of judges.

First of all, these judges are horrible. They pass on the stupidest things while they stonewall on products that should be no brainers. They think that an edible snow globe will change the world, but a solar powered device that provide free electricy won't? Who are we kidding here?

American Inventor's two hour opening episode was about an hour and a half too long while focusing on too many terrible inventors and their terrible products. Let me just come out and say it... the similarities to American Idol are too numerous to mention from the format to even the personalities of the judges.

This could very well be one of the worst shows ever invented.
  • Show is just about the judges. They should have called it, "Judges show off."

1.3
    Horrible. Would be a good show if it weren't for the judges trying to steal the stage at every possible opportunity. The little fat one has a napoleonic complex. They all just compete with each other to see who can say the most shocking thing. I thought the show was supposed to focus on the inventors.
  • A great idea twisted into something ugly.

1.2
    I was so looking forward to this show! How funny it could have been watching people explain and demonstrate all the wonderful things they think would make our lives better! To the inventor it\\\\\\\'s a wand and the judges would be the voice of reason telling him he \\\\\\\"invented\\\\\\\" the stick. The portable potty that the judge referred to as a shower curtain gave me hope, too. I thought the show was dragging a bit, but I held on hoping they\\\\\\\'d make it march and show us more inventions.

But instead of inventions, the focus turned to the people. This one had a retarded daughter and that one was a kid who was hanging his whole sense of self worth on what the judges would think of his idea and that one even got the judges to cry.

Oh, COME ON! I tuned in to laugh and maybe applaud a few good ideas, like the gizmo that fills sand bags. It was a genuinely good idea. I don\\\\\\\'t care who came up with it or how he came to think of it or what he plans to do with the money or that making the prototype cost him a marriage and a kidney! Just show me the inventions, let me hear the judges’ comments and get on to the next invention.

Well, I gave the show two hours of my life that I\\\\\\\'ll never get back and that\\\\\\\'s more of a chance then the show gave any of the inventors. I\\\\\\\'m going to give it a \\\\\\\"no\\\\\\\" and don\\\\\\\'t think there will be any problem finding three more to go with them.

Too bad, the show could have been so funny.
  • Good idea, awfully presented.

1.1
    As I was flipping through the channels I saw and ad for this show, and it was playing next ! It looked pretty good and I was happy I\\\'d see some interesting inventions.

Unfortunatly, the show presents only a few inventions, and to those inventions, they have you listening to a HUGE background of the inventor, wich is usually really sad when they gave their life to this invention (wich they usually did, guess some of it is fake so we can be even more sad). Even worse, it takes about 5-7 mins to present one invention, then, AD time. Come back for one story, AD Time.
    Way too many ads for a lack of content.

The way I think it would have been good, is if we could get a peek at many many inventions, like 1mins per inventions, to know what it\\\'s use. Then, a quick 5 seconds Yes/No from the judges.

Go back to saying how horrible people can sing Simon, that\\\'s where I like you.

• American Inventors

When will this show air on TV again?
  • I can not help but keep coming back to see the inventions - good or bad!

The finale was great, the Word Ace commercial sold me on the product as fun and a game I might play. The Anecia Survival Capsule commercial touched my heart and had me almost in tears! I think the bike will be big with teens. I am having trouble making a final choice, too bad there can not be more than one winner! I loved how each judge mentored their contestants and visited them at their homes. I also thought it was great to see each inventor be able to help with the development of the invention, testing and the advertising. I can hardly wait to see the winner and future inventor shows.
  • Hello I'm A Artist/Inventor seeking help!

I am living in a place that is a frade of change!,

When I come up with ways to be of help I get it is not wanted!,

So I keep trying!.

Now I'm working out what I have been for years and seen a person become

And over come!.

Here lately I have been sending my Invention's to Co. and Ceo's who I thought may help!,

get them off the grown!.

Then I run into more brick walls and red tape!,

Then there are some who just want me to just give it away!.

THING'S I'M TOLD THE MARKET HAS NOT SEEN YET!.

Being that I'm on dissebletys It make's it harder to get the words out when trying to submet!

What I need Is some one willing to take a chance and help me to over come!

Cause I know just as they'll see some of the 60 or 70 Inventions I have will help a lot of people

also take business to a new level!.

Also will show people like myself that with time and work also the beliefe to go on some one dose ceir

for willing!.

See I have been told I will never get these off the grown and that has been my down fall I believe that with will there is away!

I'm willing to give to get!,

But what I have may not be anuff the shake a hand at!.

I know know one works for free!,

I just (need) a helping hand!.

will to sell a 1/2 of 1 my invention's just get started!,

I have sent 2 or 3 to funding programs but when i try to excplan I maybe say to much!,

I'm barely living I get a small small gov check that soon as I pay the bills I have maybe 50 for the rest of the mounth!. some times when the bills are down 200 for the rest of the mounth!.

I would love for some one in the Business to come out see what I have and see if I'm worth any investment!

Please Any one willing E mail me @

President Obama But try to believe that he just did not see my ideas!

I'm trying just as other more werse off then me!.

But Having A (POSITIVE OUT LOOK A BELIEVING IN A POWER MORE THEN SELF) I FEEL THAT SOME ONE WILL HERE MY CRY'S FOR HELP!.

And with that

I pray that one day I'll be able to put forth the happyness and joy I trying to become and helping others who feel there just a number and there life is worthless and who's out trying to do good things

and getting lost in this system of whos the better I pray I pray That the lord heres my calling out to his glory and to his or her grace I pray he opens that some one who here's that feeling I pushing out

I pray for that man who I tryed to give that 2 cent to and that last doller i had and went with out so they'll be able to pay that gas bill I pray for the needing and all the people who had to go with out I pray lord I pray Some one here's me Befor its to late!,

Mae you all be blessed in God's name

Amen

sinserly StChristopher E Chesley. may your show be a
  • Though it seems at first like Simon ran out of ideas, this show proves to be an interesting and entertaining idea remeniscent of American Idol.

It seemed interesting. That was all I could say for this show when I first saw the commercials. Then came the pilot episode. The TV was on anyway, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to check it out. What I saw surprised me.

The mix of emotion, laughs, and arguments provides Idol fans with another show that follows in it's shadow, and those who aren't a fan of American Idol now have a show of a diffrent concept, yet a similar (and still working) system. It has its rough spots; they still need to clean up the presentation a little, but this is based on the first episode of the show, so this is no time to talk about the minor querps.

All around, this is already a good show, and I'm interested in seeing where its high level of potential will lead it.
  • Hey, I wish I thought of that

Good show. What the hell happened to it?
  • Don't get me wrong...

I think that this is a great show. I think that it's heart warming and inspiring. I've actually cried watching the show before; imagine that. Because this really is a show about the people, for the people. But I don't think that it was thought out well enough when they got into it. For starters, the editing is screwed. The editing squad must have been faded while doing the editing because sometimes I'm just like cmon! This is ridiculous. The flow is just off. Also the host? The wanna be Ryan Seacrest? Obvously they couldn't get the real Seacrest but don't try to make a copycat either. Please, get a 300 lb overweight short fat red haired dude from East Russia...I don't care, just get someone different. It's definitely a good show overall and I hope it's back for another season; but hopefully they'll take the proper measures to edit it better. And hopefully have a bigger pool to pick from. I can definitely see this show being much better next season.
  • Great show, provides a public service and bound to stir up the entrepreneurialship in anyone who watches it. Still needs a bit of work but heading in the right direction.

Let there be no mistake, when it comes to money, making a lot of money, nothing will bring you more of it than the rights to intellectual property. The recent T.V. show “American Inventor” has quite possibly, unknowingly, tapped into a resource that may well accelerate discovery and the development of new technology. Some of the negative hype that I’ve read, regarding this show, comes from people that don’t have the vision to see beyond the ends of their own noses and quite possible belong to that unimaginative segment of society that truly believe that, “everything that is worth inventing has already been invented. To me this is with out a doubt quite possible the most valuable use of television since television was INVENTED that I could imagine. People take for granted all the labor saving life enhancing devices they can pick up at their local department stores, but many don’t stop for a moment to consider how it got there in the first place. There is no question about it that the show has room for improvement. First off would be the excessive focus on the sap that’s spewed out by tormenting us with every individual’s hard-luck story, not a positive thing to focus on. I as an inventor, along with my whole family, would like to see more of the ins and outs that inventors have to deal with when trying to bring a product successfully to market. Protecting patents is a key concern when exposing your ideas on T.V. What if anything are these producers doing to protect property rights of these eager would-be inventors? Great idea but needs polishing.
  • I love seeing new inventions

Being a consumer who always loves to get the newest items on the market, I love this show. I love being able to see new items that can make our world even better! I wish they would spend more time showing some of them though, I have seen many products that they only gave a few seconds of air time to that I think would have went very far. I am getting excited for the second season of this and hope to not see stupid inventions such as a bow wrapped around a women, this is not an invention, it is just wrapping paper!
  • The concept is great. America was founded by inventors, and America was built by inventions. It seems that many of the so called inventors get up there and whine, and snivel, and cry when their invention do not make it. Grow up, wake up, and quit whining,

Excellent show.
    Great concept. It motivates the viewer to invent. We are going to see some nice inventions come out of this show.

We are also going to see how stupid some people really are, and how foolishly they look when they tell the world they pawned their wedding rings, and/or spend thousands on dufus ideas, such as fart filtering underwear!

Most of the cry babies on the show think that their invention is the one, when in fact, proper marketing, buyers market, and need is what makes a good invention.

I have a patent on a product, and I know what it takes to get a product to market.

Nice show.

Andrew St. Wilson

• From the show on 3/23/06, overall I think they know how to judge accurately. But Mary Lou,what is wrong with you? The red bow freak out was insane!Take a zanex or go home and enjoy your husband.

Mary Lou was totally over-reacting to the RED BOW lingerie.I wore something like that for my husband years ago & he loved it. I just wish mine was as easy to untie. Mary Lou has ISSUES! I am conservative and I would buy one for fun or a special occasion.
  • ....

so basically this show is just like americas got talent and american idol. 3 judges judge someone whop comes up and tells them wat their in vention is. if it suks, they leave. if its good, u get money to make it even better for the next round. i think is funny what some of the people bring in expectin to go to the next round and the way some people reacty from gettin rejected can be hilarious at times too. its interesting to see objects that might be part of 2morrows technology and objects that are a joke to humanity.
  • This show has some good potential for helping some lucky soul get their invention into the market.Although some of the ideas are way off the wall, it makes this show worth watching,LOVE TO SEE THE JUDGES TRY NOT TO LAUGH

Some of the ideas are from less than gifted people, but this show is much better than most of the programs the networks force us to endure. I really enjoy watching the judges try not to laugh directly at some of the contestants. While some of the ideas are very good, More often than not these people have not had their ideas screened by a respectable party before making fools of themselves on national t.v.I like this show however I think George Foreman has as big a heart as his biceps, (never wanting to hurt anyones feelings) when some of the folks clearly should not have even tried out for the show.
  • You won\'t find any breakthrough inventions or anything, what you will find are contestants with a lot of heart and belief in their dream. My only beef is the drama and how, in the first round, if you gave a good cry, you were automatically qualified.

7.9

Ok, that last part isn\'t exactly true, but with a lot of contestants it felt like it. \"I\'m gonna vote yes because you remind me of my aunt\" for an old woman who showed up with paper? The business guy told her it was ridiculous but everyone else gave her a yes.

Ok, this show is original and the contestants come up with some great ideas to help with everyday-life, sports, cooking and personal higiene.

DON\'T WATCH IT if you\'re looking for technological breakthrougs.

WATCH IT if you\'re a creative person and want to see ingenuity at work OR just want to get a good cry. :P

I\'m giving it a not-so-good score, but I love this show. But can\'t help being honest, sorry. Doesn\'t deserve more than an 8 because a lot of the time you feel like the judges are crazy or the producers are more interested in the inventors than in the inventions. Sometimes the show feels a bit \"fake\" and the music is just TOO powerful. You can instantly tell when a \"cry moment\" is coming.
  • pretty good show

7.6
    pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show pretty good show
  • This Show is ok but....

7.4
    The show is an ok show but it is not what i thought it would be, but this is the first show. I think that the judges turned down some good inventions like the dog fan and a few others. Most of the peoples inventions were interesting to see but most of the things people came up with some inventions that did not make sence like the first one on the show. the one where the man came up with a jacket to put on when you got to pee. Who in there right mind would put on some think that looks like a shower curtin and then pee right there in the middle of public. Another stupid invention was the one where that dude came up with car covers that you put on your car. Really i could not under stand anything that he was saying. That one woman tried to come up with something that has already been made and i bet she felt stupid when they told her that. I think that one fat judge is not to good of an judge because he does no want anyone to be as good as him if he thinks he is good. On the next show i hope that there is an invention that i think that i can use because all the ones that they passed on this show are the ones that i dont use. I could not belive that some people would sell their house and every thing just for a shot at this show.
  • *shrug*

7.2
    Not bad, not great, but not bad. It's fairly interesting. If nothing else it's fun to see the useless crap these people think will actually sell.
    However these constant stories of how this invention is all they have, they lost their how, job, etc. it's kinda annoying, it's sad, but, c'mon! No one should gamble there life on an invention!
< 1 2 3