America's Funniest Home Videos Forums

Sunday 7:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Why is it...

ulij20

[1]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 1

...that so many of the unfunny videos won the big prize?  I can't think of any recent examples, but there were many of them years back that didn't even deserve to be nominated, let alone the winner.  I mean, what the heck is so funny about a little kid screaming out the alphabet at his preschool graduation.  That deserved a smack on the bottom, not ten grand (and ultimately, the 100 grand prize).  And the video of that fat piece of trash finding out her sister was having a baby and shrieking, "I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT!!  I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT!!"  I mean, find a quarter and go call somebody who cares! 

I also remember a video of some similarly annoying woman holding a baby, apparently filming a video to send off to Dad, who was away in the military.  The baby kept grabbing her breast and she kept saying in her stupid voice, "Ouch, don't do that!"  It would have made a big difference if the camera was stopped right there, but for it to be repeated over and over again (with the person filming chuckling everytime), it got to be very, very irritating. And, as I recall, it was the winner for the night.  I'm John Stossel and I say, give me a break!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

whitetigerswt

[2]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    i augre 100% i hate videos that are not funny i mean come on thair was this one were a baby just trips and guess what IT WINS

whitetigerswt

[3]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 8
    *agree*

darthsith19

[4]May 6, 2007
    • level: 3
    Yes, I agree 100%, this show is extremely fun to watch because a lot of the viedo's are fun but it is extremely rare for the funniest one to win and often times the winning one isn't even funny.

Slade811

[5]May 15, 2007
    • level: 18
    there is no percentage high enough for me to agree with this I thought there was nothing less funny than the quad squad what was it 4 babies giggleing you see it with babies every day you don't see people getting whacked in the groin or something smacking into the camera then ofcorse that linguini greeny with a spageti strand in a babies nose why was that even nominated that was more disturbing than funny

MydeanURdean

[6]May 31, 2007
    • level: 19
    Yeah i never agree with the vidoes that win, there are many others that are funnier and the don't even get nominated.

marymary2

[7]Aug 26, 2007

I have never met ANYONE who doesn't say the same thing...most say they won't even watch it because it is so stupid to have the least funny win the grand prize...in fact most of the final 3's are the most stupid and least funny of the bunch..Our family gathers for Sunday dinner and if we watch this(watchingless and less)we always pick the most stupid one to win and we are usually right. We should all boycott the advertising products until they stop choosing the least funny.. Tonight, therewas absolutely NOTHING funny about some kid sneezing in the meatballs, but of course it won!!! Unbelievable...does the network even give a damn that the people are disgusted with the winners?!

McLarenDude1

[8]Aug 26, 2007
    • level: 6
    ulij20 wrote:

...that so many of the unfunny videos won the big prize?  I can't think of any recent examples, but there were many of them years back that didn't even deserve to be nominated, let alone the winner.  I mean, what the heck is so funny about a little kid screaming out the alphabet at his preschool graduation.  That deserved a smack on the bottom, not ten grand (and ultimately, the 100 grand prize).  And the video of that fat piece of trash finding out her sister was having a baby and shrieking, "I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT!!  I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT!!"  I mean, find a quarter and go call somebody who cares! 

I also remember a video of some similarly annoying woman holding a baby, apparently filming a video to send off to Dad, who was away in the military.  The baby kept grabbing her breast and she kept saying in her stupid voice, "Ouch, don't do that!"  It would have made a big difference if the camera was stopped right there, but for it to be repeated over and over again (with the person filming chuckling everytime), it got to be very, very irritating. And, as I recall, it was the winner for the night.  I'm John Stossel and I say, give me a break!

true.

twinsthatrule

[9]Sep 10, 2007
    • level: 11
    McLarenDude1 wrote:
    ulij20 wrote:

true.

We agree

creedhigher

[10]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 4
    Man i seriously just went on here to post the exact same thing it always is some stupid baby crying or something i remember this one clip where this kid left their mouse outside on top of a cage and hawk came down and got it, that kind of clip deserves to win not some stupid baby or a marriage proposal

RaeandAnasRock

[11]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 19
    There are some unfunny videos that win big prizes, but that's only a quarter in my opinion. The rest of the three quarters are funny though.
    Edited on 07/05/2008 2:17pm

ulij20

[12]Jul 17, 2008

Slade811 wrote:
    ...that linguini greeny with a spageti strand in a babies nose why was that even nominated that was more disturbing than funny

My feelings exactly! I wasn't laughing at all at that, I was putting my hand in front of my face, as if to ward off the TV set and I was saying, "For cripes sake, I'm trying to eat here!"

Thank God that didn't win the big prize (as that was on the one with a large cash prize, a few years back). Granted, the one with the babies laughing in unison was more cute than anything and I agree that should not have won (the one with the talking cat was far more worthy - I was literally on the floor laughing at that one), but at least it was far more deserving than the damn linguine in the babies' nose. That was just gross and disgusting.

xcrystalstarx

[13]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 5

creedhigher wrote:
    Man i seriously just went on here to post the exact same thing it always is some stupid baby crying or something i remember this one clip where this kid left their mouse outside on top of a cage and hawk came down and got it, that kind of clip deserves to win not some stupid baby or a marriage proposal

That mouse/hawk clip was hilarious, but fake...

If I was in the show, I'd throw crap at those people who won with lame videos.

MajLorne

[14]Feb 3, 2011
    • level: 21
    I'm so glad I'm not alone about what the OP said. The vids overall are ok, but the ones they select for the end comes down to some kid and an animal. Most of the times I feel the animal vids are better than the kid vids. If the audience really does the voting, then they are probably more biased for the kid. If not for the voting at the end, I'd say AFV is a good show for the first 50+ min and then I just switch to something else and watch.

MajLorne

[15]May 11, 2014
    • level: 21
    Well tonight's 100k prize episode winner was a surprise in the good sense. An animal vid won over the usual kids and a few adults. The kids, eh, it's cute, but generic. I'm just so sick of how kid vids are almost always the winners. The adult ones, like the straw and falling down smilie characters were boring. The granny cursing about the kids waking up before she got to take a drink was funny. Now for the animal, it was the cat attacking from the letter cover behind the door. That cat is a mean sob and poor mailman, but that was totally deserving of the top prize. So just on the basis that the 'audience' chose the cat over the kids and adults is really a surprise imo.

That said tom says he's leaving and i had no idea he's been on for 15 seasons? Damn. time flies, but he and sagget are both the better hosts of the show. I dunno who can be brought in and do a decent job.