America's Got Talent

Tuesday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Jun 21, 2006 In Season

danmod

America's Got Talent Fan Reviews page 4 of 14

6.7
  • What is going on America...

I have been a devotee of AGT since its inception and I'm now convinced that the rules need to be a 12 year old girl who can strum three chords on a Ukele and mumble some self-written words is the winner is beyond my comprehension.

Bearing in mind the ultimate prize for the winner of this in America's Sin is time to impose an age limit of a minimum of 18 year to be considered.

Also, there should be a time limit for judges to serve on the Howie Mandel believe he has a job for life...2 seasons is enough and then there should be change so that we do not have to suffer mindless comments and judges putting contestants through due to stupidity.

Simon Cowell is part of a show called So You Think You Can Dance and the contestants have to be 18 to be able to qualify to be on the believe this summer they had a competition for those under 18, but that the prize and incentives were why can't he use his influence to impose these rules to AGT, he owns the show! compliments to the 8 non-winners (Tape Face is excluded) who thoroughly entertained us with their outstanding talent, and I look forward to following their fortunes in the world of for the winner (sorry, I can't bring myself to write her name) may she turn out to be a sweet women, a good wife and mother because she surely does not have the talent to be anything else.
  • WORSE THAN THE CHICKEN CATCHER!!!

A few years ago Jackie Evancho was beaten by a Chicken Catcher who had no business on the stage.

We have now trumped that. Other than 1 other pathetic act (Tape Face), any one of 8 other acts blew this winner away. Every time this young girl with her instrument would come on during the entire season, I would have to get up and leave the room because it was so bad I couldn't sit and watch. This is the same effect the transvestite comedian had on me. This show has such great potential but this year it made me sick.

The winner can't play, can't sing and mumbles. I would be embarrassed to have this little girl represent AGT as the winner of this show and best talent in America. Good Luck to whatever venue is going to feature her in Las Vegas. If I ran the Casino where she is going to be, I would pay to have her stay home. What a Joke!!!

You have to blame the judges. She should have been sent home initially but another no talent Howie Mandell pushed her along with his Tape Face and the Tranvestite Comedian. He really has a great eye for talent. He's lucky he has a job. He must have nude pictures of Simon.

I play poker around the US and stop in Vegas twice a year. I always go to the shows. I went to Celine, Penn and Teller, Cirque de Soleil etc. What are they thinking with this no talent? When you play poker, everyone at the final table earns money. Perhaps they should adopt a policy and prize that all final contestants win money based upon their finish from 10 to 1 and then give them all a contract as one full show in Vegas. I would pay to see that and if there is an act you don't like, as in the case of Ms Vanderwalt it would be a good time to probably "Grace" the restroom.

ONE LAST THOUGHT ... I THINK THE VOTING IS FIXED!!! It became quite evident in the last few shows. Judges falling all over themselves, feature spots on the advertisements. Can they all be stupid and deaf? (Perhaps Howie) It takes too much time to continue to watch and then have a moronic result like this. As much as I love the new talent, this may have ended my years of watching. What is the deal with the "Turban"? With all his money, can't he dress like he is from this planet?
  • So Disgusted

So glad to read these reviews. I was disgusted that this no talent kid even made the final. Malevo would have taken her spot and put up a better show. I am so sorry for the 9 really good acts that deserved more. Simon, you are killing this show.
  • Talent contest not pity

I also will never watch it again. Who paid the people who count votes? Who would pay money to see her do whatever. I have no idea what she was saying. Hope the show realizes they lost viewers when the sponsors see what we think. Taylor Swift give me a break. Not in the next decade. She will be upset with all negative response but that the chance you take. I am sure she will cry. If she goes on stage I am sure someone will say or do something and she won't be able to perform. That's managements negative no positive sponsors listen Was good till end then winner named terrible.

• Absolutely DISGUSTED!!

This is the worst injustice I have ever witnessed on AGT! Come has virtually NO talent. Guess she is just a cute little12 year old who wowed all of the kid fans who voted on their cell phones. Wake up, America. Where is she going to perform in Las Kiddie Land at Circus Circus?? I will never watch this show again. So much great talent and look who the winner was! Any one of the other acts were more deserving of this win. Shame on all of you who voted for Grace!!
  • Proof that America got it wrong!

So very disappointing! I think that all the kids on YouTube voted for Grace Vanderwaal. I really don't see a Vegas act around her. I definitely see The Clairvoyants headlining in Vegas, or even Brian Justin I would have liked to have seen Viktor and Sofie do a show together! C'mon Vegas, get all of the truly talented in a combined show! The one consolation is that they all got exposure, and no doubt, we'll be seeing them again. I am so disgusted with the outcome of AGT, like so many of you, I too will not be watching any future AGT shows.
  • What happened??

I nearly fell out of my chair when the zero talented ukele player actually made the final ten competitors. There were 20 more talented people than Grace with the crackly voice that you couldn't understand. Who voted? The same mindless people who voted for Obama. No more AGT for me!!!!!
  • SERIOUSLY!!! Out of all of the excellent talent and she wins!!!????

Can you just see Grace doing a VEGAS headliner show? NOT. Can't understand the words to her songs, and she needs a few more years of clearing the raspy voice. She was NOT the most outstanding and best talent. This year's talent was AMAZING!!. She was not AMAZING. What is America thinking? Oh but wait, it was the little teens that clearly came to this rescue. So disappointing. I've been watching this show every year. Sorry, but this pathetic win lost my viewing for next year!
  • America Has Talent September 14, 2016

I never do this, but I am taking the time. How did Grace win over these major artists who can go to Hollywood or Las Vegas now?? America got it WRONG!! they do not know how to judge, they are so wrong on this one. Grace should not have even been in top 10. Sweet girl, but she needs years to improve, the other candidates are already there. So that's it for me0 cannot watch this show anymore! Just like the stupid Americans voting for Trump! Really, yep, America does not know how to vote! Not watching the show anymore! Stupid voters, and I am an American.
  • W T F - Get New Voting Rules

I turned it off before the end after they got rid of the card magician. What a disappointment. 7 out of those 10 were superb talent and yet were eliminated. Did not like the last two remaining. What a shame to have such great talent this year to have it end like this. You need to change the voting rules. I think there was voter fraud. You need to do a recount. Something smells fishy. I whole heartily agree with all the statements before me.
  • Judge Fixed Results

Can't believe that Howie shifted results to a 12 year old who can't win a 10 year old talent contest.

Maybe he is looking for spot on the Vegas show!

Fantastic performers kicked off for a kid who has NOOO Talent at all.

Done with this show. Simone you really blew this show.

• Total Deception

They choose a little brat who can't play guitar and has the voice of a smoker who can not sing over Don, The Clairvoyant Spie and Victor Kee, comme on what an extremely poor choice of pitee from one of the judge. without the golden buzzer she would have defenitly got thrown out after 2 rounds. Any of the 4 or five i have choosen could fill a room in Vegas for months but not that 'BRAT' GRACE, WHO CANNOT SING AND SOUNDS LIKE A SMOKER WITHOUT A VOICE WHO CA ALSO NOT PLAY THE GUITAR, What a shame on America. If Canada could vote she wouldn't have got 1 fuc!!! vote. If i could score mine would be -10
  • Comment about winner selection process for: Grace Vanderwaal

Are you kidding me allowing a 12 year old kid to star in Las Vegas, where the show girls appear nude on stage. You need to establish a 18 year age minimum limit in order to be eligible for first the first place. Hey, you even have to be 18 years of age or older to see a show in Las Vegas. This time all my friends and I totally disagree with the America's Got Talent winner selection process.
  • You call that a finale'??

What a lousy ending!! A no talent 12 year old kid wins?? REALLY?? So much better talent for sure, definately a Vegas act, Brian, Jon, the Clarevoyants?? Very disappointed in AGT!! Not sure I'll watch another season if this is the kind of endings there will be!!
  • CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

VICKTOR OR SOFIE SHOULD HAVE WON. THEY HAVE VERY SPECIAL TALENTS. SINGING SHOULD BE LEFT TO AMERICAN IDOL OR THE VOICE. MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CAN SING. VERY FEW PEOPLE CAN DO TALENTS LIKE VIKTOR OR SOFIE!
  • Was the fix in?

It was fixed, ripped off, a travesty of honesty. Could there be so many voters who thought a 12 year old with a scratchy unintelligible voice had more talent than the other 9? Ok maybe better than tape-face. I am so disillusioned. AGT sucks!
  • VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Any of the other 4 acts in Top 5 is better! Don't know what's behind the story, just very disappointed! Hope the other top 9 will have combined show somewhere, I will buy tickets to support them!!!
  • Done with AGT!

We can't believe the child won! There were many more talented acts than her-pretty much any of the top acts are better. She's a girl with a cracking voice that plays ukelele in her bedroom! Give her some lessons and a few years and she might develop into a talent. We could see the show was favoring her quite a bit, and now I'm sure its fixed! We don't always agree with the winner but at least in the past they deserved it. Not this time. Someone's greed got in the way. He shall go unnamed. Used to enjoy watching-not watching any more!
  • WTH HAPPENED?? So flabbergasted by these results..

1.5
    Bless her heart but I have no idea what happened for her to win. SHES 12! I would never pay money to see a 12 year old that sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard when she sings. I litterly screamed every name in the book at the TV... And what does she want? A treehouse omg there's a life time dream fulfilled! Ughhh
  • Will not be watching AGT after this season.

A child with a Vegas show. Really? Grace was talented for her age, but to place her at the top of the finalists? Are you frickin kidding me? Voting should be changed so you can only vote one or two ways. The top talent did not win.
  • Just Awful

Seriously, so you can win if you garner cute votes. I liked her but everyone but Tapeface (how the hell did he make it) was better than her. AGT has to change the voting rules or at least let the judges weigh in on the a mistake to give her $1 m and her own show. Simon better help those "losers" out with a show or a contract! WOW, probably going to give this up next summer. Not worth the effort
  • THE WORST OUTCOME EVER

I believe the magician or the Clairvoyants should have won. While Grace exhibited some talent, her singing was often garbled and not clearly understood. And no Simon, she certainly is not the next Taylor Swift.

Nick needs to dress so much better. Tight pants that show his junk, stupid hats, and that turban really made him look like a bafoon. Wear clothes that fit.

If America has voted, how do we know? Is there any verification that substantiates the results? Or is somebody in the backroom pulling the strings?

Based on this year's outcome, this American is voting to not watch this show again. The judges sit there and bloviate about the contestants, cackle or whatever it is that Mel B does, and Heidi just sits there like a bump on a log with not much intelligible to say. New judges are clearly needed.
  • Let Down & Disappointed

Very disappointed Grace won, given the superior talent of the other acts. John has huge talent and a very inspirational message - love him. Victor was outstanding and made juggling mesmerizing and mysterious. Loved Sal's voice and showmanship. I don't think the younger voters appreciate his style. He's such a natural with the audience. He'd be perfect in Vegas and so would the Clairvoyants. I could not understand Grace's words and don't believe a 12 yr old belongs in Vegas.

As for the judges, the water throwing got really old. Thought if Mel B. throws water one more time, I'm changing the channel. Also, not such skimpy dresses. Don't need those to look sexy and elegant! I really enjoy AGT, but this year felt let down and disappointed!
  • SERIOUSLY???

How could Grace win this year? You can't understand what she is singing about, her voice is weak and the judges are calling her America's sweetheart !! This is the first time ever that I have really disliked the winner. I just can't believe that she actually won! Almost any other top ten finalist would have been a better choice except for Tapeface, which I thought was stupid. Unbelieveable. Plus how is a 12 year old going to headline a show in Vegas? Doesn't she have to go to school? I'm never buying any of her records, that's for sure.
  • Are you kidding me?

Grace was horrible and had no business winning. You couldn't even understand what she was singing. Golden Buzzer, really???? She should have been sent home after the first round. This shows that a knife was put in all the talented losers backs, a total insult to the real talent. 12 year old in Vegas, you in their right mind would even pay to see that show? The show is a scam and then some. Totally disgusted with the outcome and will never watch this show again. Do you think the VOICE would have even turned their chairs, heck NO!!!!
  • What a Travesty!

I too cannot believe that a young girl whose words you couldn't even understand could win!! What the heck is wrong with PEOPLE??? The BEST singers got voted off (I was in SHOCK) and the "football player"/magician .... they were SO GOOD ... as were The Clairvoyants! Even the judges were stunned. This GIRL ... despite her purported talent .... did not deserve to win, let alone be given an act in Vegas. Something is terribly wrong here!!!
  • AGT Silliness Never Ends

Grace must have pictures of some NBC executives. She is a perfectly nice girl, but I was thinking of the "Emperor's New Clothes" story watching the judges slobber over her. She has no performing talent, couldn't understand half the words, and her ukulele playing was really elementary. Not one of the judges could say that they couldn't see how she got through even the first round?

Before the Finals, my wife -- who also can't understand why she was even in the competition -- said she was going to win, because the disconnect between her performance and the judges' reaction was so stark that it had to have been rigged.

Great piece here that says AGT has had this problem before (but couldn't make it work): uberthoughtsusa [dot] blogspot [dot] com/2014/09/americas-got-talent-it-just-mixes-it-up
  • Winner 2016(rating was a 10 now a 3)

I am very dissapointed in this show. I dont know who is voting but everyone i talk to didnt vote for her and cant understsnd how in the world she won. The name of the show is AGT and while Grace has some talent to write her own song or play an instrument her singing ability is not up to par. I had a very hard time understanding certain words she was saying and i kept rewinding it back to listen again. But even if i heard every word it is still not a million dollar act. I would never go to Vegas and say I want to watch a 12 year old girl sing for an hour, but i definitely would have went to see the Clairavoyants. Now that is entertaining. It is definitely a Vegas act and what most people would want to see. The bottom line it was just a talent show that might be one thing but to be a headliner in Vegas she should not have won. I love this show and have watched it for years and in the past years my favorite person may not have won, but at least i could still look at the winner and say i could still understand why they won. This i do not understand. Makes you wonder if the voting us rigged.
  • Done with this show!

I am very, very disappointed with this show. This show is supposed to be about talent! Hello America Grace can not sing. You can not understand her words. Brian and Sal were a thousand times better than her. Brian should have won this whole thing. The best part is Brian and Sal will make it in show business and Grace will not. She has had her 15 minutes of fame. This show is fixed and Simon should be ashamed of this outcome. I will not watch this show again.
  • What the Hell America?

Very dissatisfied and disappointed with America. I can't believe people would vote for a young girl who croaks. Howie I'm very disappointed you chose her for your golden buzzer. This has to be rigged. Las Vegas is an adult town. There is a reason why they call it Sin City. This is not Disneyland. Brian Justin Crumm should have won hands down. His voice is beautiful, blows you away, and can break glass. People are not going to spend money to watch a hour or so of her strumming her ukulele and sounding like a frog. America must be tone deaf. Worst finale results ever.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10