America's Got Talent

Tuesday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Jun 21, 2006 In Season

modernfamily120

America's Got Talent Fan Reviews page 7 of 8

7.2
  • Another American Idol Ripoff created by the unoriginal mind of Simon Cowell. Tell me is Simon trying to get rid of good television for lame brain reality programs?

5.3
    Is this what the state of television has gone to, bowing down before the feet of Simon Cowell after he creates one amazingly unoriginal reality program after another. By using a former American star (Aka Hassellhoff) similar to Paula Abdul on Idol and Foreman on Inventor and getting a Nasty British judge, Simon recreates another scenario where dreams are useless and if you aren't the best then you suck. Great message there guys! The show itself is unbearably boring and never really takes off or gives itself a credibility to itself from Cowell's other productions. However the few times the acts do have talents they are mostly singers turning this pretty much into another irritating singing competition. Plus what's the point in having a host like Jerry Springer rarely do anything. Simon is on a mission to destroy good television and with this and Inventor he looks like he's close to succeeding.
  • this show was semi-interesting but it's gone down hill

Once you added Springer that was the kiss of death. I love Sharon Osbourne but I don't think she is that good on here either, she is good only because she at least gives them a shot, and she knows music, but they still let some dumb people get through. There was one the other day all of us watching just stood there and said they really just let that guy through. I think they need to be a little more selective, plus the show really doesn't have much for it unfortunantly some of these people have talents that nobody wants to see and it will never make them money or get them anywere in life. Simon Cowell should use his own words on his show dreadful.
  • This show is an average talent finding show.

6.6
    America's Got Talent is where people audition to become America's next big talent. The show is a lot like American Idol because there is a British judge who tells it like he sees it. But the show tries to be funny with bad auditioners that are just annoying. The show could have been a lot better but is just mediocre at best.
  • not very good, but mildly entertaining

This is really just another spin-off of American Idol and it is not very good. It's one of the more decent summer shows, but still not that good. The contestants are funny when they're bad, but the ones that are "good" are really not very good. The kid who won last year was terrible. The judges let through a lot of crappy people. The hosts, both of them, as plain annoying and should just go away. The judges are ok, except for the females. They are always so annoying and emotional. Overall, an ok substitute for the summer and basically almost not worth watching.
  • American I-DULL rip off.

2.4
    Here we got a motley crew of Jerry Springer, Sharon Osbourne, Regis Philbin and the imcomparable David HasselHOFF - the only thing missing here is KITT the talking car from KNIGHT RIDER.

Historians will look back on the first decade of the 21st Century as one in which dumbing down TV programming was at its peak. Its like network suits say "How can we produce a load of crap on the cheap? Lets dig up some B List-ers and has beens who eat hamburgers off of floor while drunk to judge a talent show featuring people looking for their 15 minutes of fame."

The only time I really see this show is on THE SOUP - and thats enough to know how bad it is. Its not "HOMEBOYS IN OUTER SPACE" kind of bad, but its close.
  • A very interesting show.

America's got talent is probably my favorite reality show. (Yeah, I even like it better than American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. :P) It's not completely origianl, but it's so fun to watch and so addicting. It has such an immense variety. The talents range from everything. Singing to stand up comedy to pogo-ing to spinning plates. Just everything!! The show is a great place for people to show case their talent(s) and maybe catch a lucky break...or a place for them to make complete fools of themselves. :P Although I don't always agree with who the judges do and don't accept, in the end there's always some amazing talent battling it out for the prize money. That's why I like America's Got Talent.
  • An show that desperately tries not to be like American Idol but is essentially American Idol, mixed with So You Think You Can Dance and a little bit of a Circus added in for good measure.

4.5
    First off I'll start with the judges. Are you kidding me? What does The Hoff know about talent? I don't even know who the British guy is and that isn't a good sign as far as his credentials for being a judge go. Sharon Osbourne is the only on who might be qualified to judge talent but she lets things get in the way of her judgment like feeling sorry for the contestants and she lets people go to the next round that shouldn't. Next we have the contestants. Nobody cares about a guy on a pogo stick doing back flips nor is this talent worth a million dollars. If anyone thinks that someone other than a signer or possibly a dancer will win this thing then you are sadly mistaken. (If someone other than a singer or dancer wins this year I will correct this review.)
  • ...

5.5
    I was really looking forward to this show. There have been several people in my community that made the show. But after sitting down and watching it, I don't know if I can actually sit through another episode in order to see them. This show was more like the Gong Show from the 70's. Except you have to have 3 gongs instead of one. I was really hoping that people could get a big break with this show. There was too much of really bad talent or useless talent to have to sit through to get to the very sporadic good talent that was shown. This is not a show that I will sit through again. There are too many other quality shows that are worth my time. I'm not a big reader, but about 3/4 way through the show, I decided to start reading a book. I feel sorry for the people who got chosen to be on this show that have great talent, I hope they are not disappointed.
  • This is the best show on NBC.

I only watched America's Got Talent when I was 12 years old, last year. I realized that this was a great show for people to watch. I wonder who is going to win for season 2. I was so shocked when I watched videos of Bianca Ryan on YouTube. Some YouTube users said that she's got talent. I agree with them. She deserved to win for the first season. Right now, the second season just started with auditions from cities like Dallas and Los Angeles. Jerry Springer replaces Regis Philbin as the current host of season 2 while Sharon Osbourne replaces Brandy as one of the current judges for season 2.

That is my review for America's Got Talent.
  • Why only Simon Cowell, of course.

America's Got Talent is, well, a talent show. People perform their talent in front of the judges and millions of people. The host and judges are pretty good. I liked the first season better because Regis Philbin was a good host and I liked Brandy. Sharon is okay too. The contestants either make it or go home. The winner receives a million dollars and fame!

This was a good show! I liked seeing the various acts. Some are jaw-dropping and some are funny! I just wish some of them weren't shown because they are just flat inappropiate. It's fun seeing the really dumb ones so you could laugh at them though. The talent is great and it's a blast to watch. It gets an 8.5 out of 10!
  • This show is pathetic

2.5
    Where do I start...hurmmmm...O I know the 3 lame-o judges

In order of bad to worst:

Sharon Osborne: Does she really need to be such a drama queen?? Running of the stage because the British guy speaks the truth...STUPID!!

That British Judge: Does every American reality show need a "mean" British judge it’s just stupid. He is the only one who tells the truth but I hate him because he’s the stereotypical MEAN BRITISH JUDGE

David Haselhoff: On the opening they called him a legend...how about a washed up, loser drunk, legend my arse. He really gets on my nerves he thinks he’s soooo important. Like when the audience was shouting Haselhoff, Haselhoff he says it’s not about me it’s about the talent give me a FREAKIN BREAK!

The talent also really sucks and I get so sick of those "heart warming" stories they put behind people it makes me sick!
  • This show is where a whole bunch of people come on tv and show their "Talents" to the 3 judges.The host is Jerry Springer. There are many, many different talents on this show, and some of them are very odd.....

I love this show!!!! Some of the talents are really wierd and dumb, but I still like it! I really liked Bobby Badfingers last year and this year I really like The Rascals. The one person I didn't like this year at all, especially, was the girl who TRIED to sing the same song as Bionca Ryan. HA! And she said she was BETTER Than Bionca! HA!!! She wasn't NEARLY as good!!!!! She acted like a snob so I didn't like her. All she is, is a Bionca wannabee. I watch this show almost every time its on unless I'm on vacation like last year!! then I had my sister (who was at home) tape any of the ones i missed! :P...anyway, I love this show and it is way better than American Idol because there are more talents then just singing!
  • America's got talent

I have to say this show is pretty awsome. I was kinda dissapointed that I dident get to see much of last season though, I only say a re-run of it on youtube =( But season 2 looks promising, I like the judges, Sharon Osbourne being my favorite by far. Hasselhoff...Isent he sopposed to be in rehab or something?? And i'm not sure who that Piers guy is, I can't say that I really like him, he's kinda strange and annoying. I dont like how on talent shows like 'so you think you can dance?' and 'America's got talent' they always have a 'simon' judge. In this case it's piers, and in so u think you can dance, it's that Nigel guy. is it just me, or are they placed there to boost the ratings??
  • Combination of "So You Think You Can Dance" and "American Idol".

Given that all the great shows are on break until the fall this show is probably the only thing left to watch. This is the same concept as "So You Think You Can Dance" and "American Idol", the only difference is two English judges instead of one. I know that ratings are based on shock value. Apparently, the current recipe for ratings is a panel of judges with one English judge who is ridiculously over the top disrespectful and rude.

I am fine with that, there are some people who need real friends to make them aware of how untalented they are. If not, they can always attend one these shows and get a reality check. It is extremely funny to watch these people make fools of themselves and have a judge come down on them for wasting their time and their fellow competitors. Sometimes it gets too far and on this show small kids get treated like dirt. For example, last night Pierce was an incredible jerk to this 9 year girl. It was so bad that Sharon almost quit the show and he had to apologize to this little girl. The adults slam them all you want but with children of that age you need to be a little more tactful.
  • I thought The Hoff was at home battling alcoholism?? Jerry Springer? I think Sharon Osbourne might be the only cool one on that show. But even still...I probably won't tune in to this dreadful show.

2.5
    I can't believe this show is back? Did it really have good ratings last year? How many of these stupid talent-less contests do we have to have? Boring Boring Boring! Can't hollywood come up with anything original these days...it's regurgitated crap over and over again. The same stuff recycled...kind of like this review...same thing over and over again. This show is boring just like all the others. I mean maybe it's because I'm Canadian? I think the American people like it for tv to dumb it down for them. Give me tv that doesn't make me think at all! Why is it that the American people like to laugh at themselves so much? Or maybe they don't think they are funny maybe they actually think they have talent...are they as delusional as their president??
  • People from across the country compete in a souped up version of a talent show.

I personally don't really like this show- however, I do occasionally watch, when there is nothing else to do, because, like I titled the review, it is mildly interesting. I don't see a real point, and I can't stand to watch it for long, and I think NBC could come up with better summer programming. Despite all of this, it is sometimes fun to watch the crazies on there- and the occasional good performers. But since they took away Regis, I don't think it will be a s good as it was- not that it was that good anyway :D.
  • Off the wall talent show, 50xs better than American Idol.

Whether you're laughing histarically at the people with either really stupid "talents" or the same types that keep coming on. The terriable singers, bird callers(she was creepy, and seemed a little loopy, if you know what I mean.)aweful jugglers who keep messing up. It's a hillarious show. But there are also people with great talent, such as good singers, salsa dancers, tap dancers, and even clogging. The group At Last did an excellant job and deserved to win. This show also features bands, people playing their instuments, and pretty much anything else people can dream up as a talent. Most of the stuff is pretty crazy. But the talented people are'nt always just the Singers either. America's Got Talent is a much better show than American Idol, simply because of the diversity of the acts. And what I listed above only scratches the surface of this great show. You should definately watch, if you don't, you're missing out on a great time.
  • This is OUR VERSION Of The GONG SHOW

When I saw the previews for this show I knew this show would be soo great. I was happy to see a great tallent show like this. Every act is different. From bands to comedians to juggliers to magicians to even strippers. WOW!!!!! Simon Cowell really took a risk on this show and HIT A HOME RUN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! I love a lot of the acts on this show. Most of them shock me and some are just really great because it's who they are. I think that's what Pieers, Brandy, and the Hoff look for. Same with Regis and Simon if they were judging. I can't wait to see who will shock us this season!!!! ARE YA READY AMERICA?!!!!!!!!
  • America does have talent

America's Got Talent is an American television show on NBC. The talent show is a search for America's next best amateur talent act. It features singers, dancers, magicians, comedians and other talents of all ages. Anyone who believes they have talent can audition.

The performance shows of America's Got Talent are rated TV-PG, and the results shows are rated TV-14.

The advertised top prize is one million dollars. Some early ads for the show implied that the winning act would also headline a show at a casino, possibly in Las Vegas; however, there has been no mention of this on the show or in the most recent promotions.
  • Not as good as American Idol.

This isn't as good as American Idol. It started out okay in the beginnig but it got bad. Fast. The British man tries to be EXACTLY like Simon Cowell. He's not. And Brandy is just annoying. David Hasselhoof is alright. he's funny but . . .it's just a little weird to see him not in a swimsuit. There were some pretty funny auditions but then it just got boring. No one that good was chosen and I dicovered my new summer love. So You think you can dance, which is wayyyy bettter and they were on at the same time. I did watch the finale. I'm happy that girl won. but it'll scar her for life. As long as the yodeling girl or the borther's didn't win I was happy. Rappin Granny got robbed! the a capella group was annoying and all that stunk.
  • i thought it was good but why did that one girl win it should of been the yodeler.

i thought it was good but why did that one girl win it should of been the yodeler. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh i i i i i i i i i cant cant cant beleive how stupid America was not that i don\\\'t like america it was just so stupid how dumb could they get UGH. UGh Ugh UGh UGh UGh UGh UGh ROAR Hiss slap slap my TV UGh ROar hiss slap my TV. And I hated how they made that one family cry.
  • Horrible!

Americas Got Talent is one of the worst shows ever. The auditions were all right but they had a commercial after nearly every single performance. No one has made a show this bad that I know of. The show after the audition is where it really started getting bad. If you like this show, good for you. You are one of the few that I know that do. The show kept having these 2 second performances and then 2 minutes of commercials. 2 hours was definitely unneccessary. Also, you counld not even vote more than 10 times for each contestant. This lays the line as the worst television show in history of Earth.
  • Searching for talent in America....

6.7
    Well, I have to say I really enjoy the first season of this show but it had its down-falls. It was very entertaining because of the contestants only! The judges...well they could have found better than Brandy and "Mitch"-whom was wasted most of the time! Piers was ok because in America, you can't have a talent show without a rude foreigner! Besides not liking the judges, I didn't care much for how they made a singer compete against a juggler or a magician against a tap dancer-that made no sense. The next season should not include singers, that's what American Idol is for! Overall, it kept me entertained and that's all that matters, right!?
  • bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRIG IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT
  • Americas got Bianca Ryan!

Americas got Talent! I love this show! I love the judges, Brandy, David Hasselhoff, and Piers Morgan. And who can forget about the coolest host on television, Regis Philbin. I believe that every person on this show was talented, no matter what ridiculous thing they did, just some of them deserved to win more than others. I absolutley loved the Passing Zone, Taylor(the yodeler, I forget her name), Bianca Ryan, Rappin' Granny and so many more i cant even remember their names. I cant wait till next season! I'm sure the talent will be even better the second time around!
  • They said this was the #1 show in america but everyone here seems to hate it.

Well they finished all the acts and everything.The winner was Bianca Ryan!! I'm happy that she won because she was a really good singer. I liked the Miller Brother's too.They were really good.Most of the acts in the finale were good. Some of the acts were horrible. Change the Channel!!! Some were just wierd. And some were "what are they doing?" But it was a decent show while it lasted. It wasn't my Favorite show but it was good to watch.

I I do
    I do this
    I do this to
    I do this to take
    I do this to take up
    I do this to take up space!
  • The judges have problems but the show is still good.

6.1
    This new and original form of talent is a talent show where anyone doing anything can come to win a million dollars, if they have the talent. Some of the talent is so bad it did not deserve to go through. The biggest problems were the judges. Brandy is fine but, Hasselhoff and Piers have problems. First off, this show was not called America has strippers it was about talent. Millions of people from around the world strip and if you can win a million dollars for stripping then i guess the world is talented. piers was also trying to seperate entire acts. however as far as the Celtic Spring goes they have no reason to split up because the other members are backup and backround and do not hurt the performance even though they do not add much to it. My point being that piers is not honest he is just nasty. In spite of the irritation of the two other judges the talent is still good and the show enjoyable.
  • a show brought to us by simon cowell showcasing americas amazing talents other than just singing. Judges are Brandy, David hasellhoff and piers morgan

this show is really entertaining. it doesnt match with american idol and it does need some tuning but overall it is interesting. the judges have proven themselves worthy(brandy and hasselhoff anyway) of their rights to their words. piers has already become despised and its noticed that simon and he are best friends and the british are taking over america. hes been known as the family-breaker-upper, brandy, the pretty one with a thing for singers( a singer won this season; bummer) and hasselhoff as the one with the somewhat sexy masculine voice who seems very sensitive coming from the heart.
  • Hey, can anyone think of a way to loosely use the idea of American Idol and exploit it for the masses? To top it off, let's put it on during the summer.

I am fully glad to know that no one is required to think anymore when it comes to coming up with original ideas for TV shows. I mean why bother when you can just as easily put no production value into something, push for an unoriginal concept that not your studio, but another couple of studios have already come up with. Make sure you get a couple of people in the decline of thier career and give them one more push out the plane door and let them end what little they have left with nothing left to credit to thier name. Other than that, it's pure agony to endure an hour of people with lackluster talent and those that do have talent shouldn't be auditioning via some crappy summertime show, they should work hard and push for what they want instead of letting America vote what's good and what's not. Let's remember that letting America vote gave us eight years of a crappy government.
  • I expected to see a wider variety of talent.

5.7
    I don't know about this show. There is so much of the same stuff over and over again. I was hoping to see more new things. Not just singing, juggling, magic, and dancing. As for the title of the show, America does have talent. Most of the people on the show have talent and can do what they came to do very well. I honestly expected to see that America does not have talent. I really wonder if they screened the contestants first and threw out all the ones without talent. Most likely they did, but it made the show a bit better so we wont have to sit through waste of time acts. I don't like how the show is leaning toward dancers, and singers. I really want to see something else in the mainstream for once.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8