America's Got Talent

modernfamily120

America's Got Talent Fan Reviews page 7 of 11

6.8
  • Angry with audience

This is what happens when idiots and little girls are allowed to vote. They can't understand real talent! It's nothing but singes and traditional type entertainment. Kristoff Bros. and Catapult got screwed over for another Talor Swift wannabe and country-boy with only a veterans story that's carried him throughout the whole season!!
  • Unbelievable Results

Wow. Im shocked. America really screwed up their voting. Kristeff Brothers and Catapult were ROBBED in my opinion, as was Brendan James who did MUCH better than Cami or Jimmy did. All the acts are GOOD at this point obviously, but, need to be MORE than just "Good" and some of the acts that went through were NOT in my opinion. I was truly shocked to see the results. At least Kenichi (sp?) and Forte went through, but other than that, wow. What effed up voting on America's can even understand Taylor getting through kinda, though I dont know if I'd say he's up to par with the other talent, but still better than some of what went through. Seriously. Collin Keys won over CAtapult?!?! I mean, WHAT?!?! Yes, he's a nice enough seeming kid, and I'm sure all the dumb teenagers think hes "Cute" "Hot" or whatever and are out there voting for him, but thats not the criteria. I have nothing against him as a person, but his act is NOT on the same level as acts like Catapult or Kristeff Brothers. I really do feel those two acts were utterly robbed of their place in the finals. Its BS. And for that matter Brendan James as well, was deserving of a spot moreso than some of who went through in his stead. He did AMAZING on his last performance. Totally unbelievable. America and their screwed up voting TOTALLY ruined the finals show for me. What could have been an AMAZING final show FILLED with talent (Forte, Kenechi, Kristeff, Catapult, Brendan, instead now has just been made a lot less amazing... I know there IS no SURE thing, and no sure predictions, but I still thought there were SOME acts that were basically Safe no matter what like Kristeff and Catapult. This proves that No one really is safe no matter what you do/think. I can only hope America gets it right NEXT time, and that either Forte or Kenechi win DID LOVE seeing Olate Dogs again though, and Terry Fator-thought I prefer his animal puppets, like the adorable turtle, to the human I give the performance show a 10 I give the results show a 3 because of the craptastically messed up results from america. Though if I count the performances and the fact that at least a couple good acts got through I'd give it a 6 or 7 mmaybe. Dunno...
  • WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

How can America vote a comic through that's not that funny, and let a singer like Brandon James go? How can they vote the comic through, when they let a group like Catapult go? Is America really voting or is it the shows decision to keep who they think is right?
  • Considering the population of over a billion, it just doesn't seem likely that America always gets it right.

And what is it with the judges always saying they're going to leave it to America to decide all the time? Is there a rule that restricts them from voting? Quit making that excuse and judge! That's what you're there to do! And it's ridiculous that all these singers keep going through in this competition. We have enough TV competition shows just for singers. Let some other unique talent win for us that doesn't use sob stories all the time. Kenichi Ebina has to win this season of America's Got Talent. Either way, this is probably going to be the second and last time I'm I'm watching this show.
  • Generic Talent Always wins

I'd have to admit, I did once enjoy watching America's Got Talent, until the last few years. Most of the talent audtions are always singers who end up winning, so why bother showcase actual unique talents if you're not going to bother to choose them? However that's not the only problem:

1. Heidi Klum- the only thing I can honestly say is stick to general Hospital, you have no room to judge, just because you're famous.

2. Mel-B, goddamn it, you're a bitch. Just because people aren't generic divas like yourself, doesn't mean that they aren't as talented, come to think of it, nobody has even heard of you. Wearing that god-awful purple lipstick over a yellow top? C'mon you make tons of money, you should be able to afford clothes that coordinate.

I don't really have much to say about Howie and Howard, because they're neutral.

In a typical season, you can expect to find singers, kids, magician acts to say the least. Usually some preppy teen girl, or some cute boy that all the girls scream their lungs out for. I feel that it's more or less of a popularity contest, rather than the substance of their talents. if you remembered the past few winners, most of them, if not all were singers. Little kids are cute and whatnot, but would I go pay to see them? Maybe, but probably not. So the big question I always asked myself is: "Is the act worth going to see on Broadway, a concert, etc? More than likely, no.
  • Judges

2.5
    I am disappointed that Heidi Klum has been chosen to be a judge because she only votes according to what she likes and not according to the talent itself. I am very disappointed in this.
  • Mel B. - REALLY???

The Booty guys are your pick? So many other truly talented people got sent home and that's the best you could do for the wild tells me you have NO idea what talent is and therefore should not come back as a judge of talent. Really disappointing. -10 is my true rating but it won't let me go down that far.
  • This show needs to be Cancelled

This show is nothing but a bunch of singers, dancers, and little kids performing. The singers are redundant, the dancers are average, and the kids are cute but need to be in school not a stage. The original acts aren't original, but knock offs from past seasons. For example, Catapult Entertainment is just copying the Silhouettes from last year. At least give us a few seasons between to forget about the Silhouettes before acting like you created this idea! I guess America has run out of talent or these judges just can't find any.
  • My thoughts on AGT

America's Got Talent is a show that showcases the diverse talent in this country. From singing to sword eating to pounding on a fat mans chest. What a lot of people do not understand is the show is looking for an act that can stand alone in a Las Vegas venue. Would you go pay to see such and such? Is this act worth a million dollars? That's the way I approach this show whenever I'm selecting my favorites. So maybe the young girl dance group did a great job. Would you go pay the money to see them? There are many acts that are different and unusual. But in the long run, singers, magic acts, and maybe comedians will make up the 3 going into the final rounds (except for last year with the dog act). For the other acts it's about getting exposure. All of America will have seen them and who knows if some producer is looking for a certain look or act and ends up signing some of the casts off. Take those two rap singers who performed "B-O-O-T-Y". I wouldn't be surprised to hear them on the radio pretty soon.
  • The worst host ever!!

I don't like the host!! The suits he wears are ridiculous!!! I haven't seen fashion like that ever!!! His pants are too narrow and too short!! He really dresses like a clown!! If he was part of the act he will win.....

Respectfully I wish he was a little more serious Ryan Seacrest type.. Sorry
  • Lost respect

It is disgusting to watch America Got Talent. It is a joke. Yes there is talent in America but the judges can't see what is in front of their faces. It is the same when kids compete and they are wonderful but they claim they are too young to put them through. LOL like I say it is a joke. I am not going to watch this any more it is not worth my time
  • Marty Brown

WE WANT: MARTY BROWN - JUST HIM & HIS GUITAR - SINGING HIS OWN SONG.......

• Not as exciting as it used to be!

The wow factor of this show is diminishing. I'm less entertained this year, than previous years. When the dog act won last year, that may have been the tipping point.
  • Season 8 2013

Liked what we could see, however, this season a lot was edited & we missed out on a lot of auditions! Why so much editing!
  • Bummer

Personally, I am not a fan of the way the construct the show. A top sixty should not even be considered let alone aloud- it really distracts from the talent that deserves to be on the show, I mean common some of the acts really shouldn't have even made it past the producers. It's a huge shame. Additionally, with no disrespect or intention to be rude- this show is irrelevant, at least the judges are, to be honest I really don't care what they have to say, they haven't done anything significant in a while, this show could really be something, but I don't see it taking off anytime soon. Also, has anyone heard from the previous winners?! I feel like this show needs some work before season 9
  • I use the show as a screen saveer

It's just so awful. Got it on mute because I enjoy NBC network. The "talent" is really a small pick of sob stories and mediocre talent. The few who do well tend to be professionals who do it for a living. The judges overemphasize the talent, giving credibility to the worst singers that can barely sing but because they have a horrifying backstory, they get put through. They also waste much money dazzling the audience with lights, extra large tv screens. It's over appreciated. I doubt people even realize it's just facade. Try putting the talent in a room without the glitz/glamour, you'll see how boring they are. I can't wait until the show is over and NBC cancels.
  • Booty gets through!!??

So booty singers get through and Milton Patton gets sent home? You've got to be kidding!?
  • It's not about the talent anymore.

I can't make my review about the judges' picks regarding acts, because very talented people get sent home prematurely every year, and everyone's going to have their own opinions there. My big issue is that the show used to be fun, but the format changes over the past two years (especially this year) have slowly been ruining it. Now it's all about the judges. The prerecorded episodes are barely showing the acts (either good or entertainingly bad) anymore, and are now just filled with annoying fluff about the judges. Next year, I may just start with the live shows... the rest is just flashy and obnoxious now.
  • not worth watching

I've been watching this for the last 4 years and I give up. These judges are horrible....

The first bad call was sending Milton Patton away. But then they sent the young girls who sang so well

away too and kept so many awful acts.

I would never pay to see dancers in vegas. .... period.

I actually go to concerts and buy cds.

And now that there are categories to fill, dancers, singers, stunts, that's made it even worse.

If all the talented people are singing, oh well, then put them all on and let them compete. Don't make

me watch more bad acts so you can fill a category.

That's just as bad as affirmative action.

In fact, that's all this show feels like now.

Time for it to go OFF the air.

Another viewer going... going... GONE!!!
  • 17 July 2013 Judges got it wrong.

Sully Dunn and Milton Patton should have never been rejected. They both have far more talent than at least three of the acts that were selected to move on to Radio City Music Hall. I'm very disappointed in the judges decision. Please give these two a chance to go to the finals.
  • No reason to watch if you do not show the acts to engage us to tune in and see what happens next time.

The point to the show is to pick favorites to follow each week and see if they are one-hit-wonders or keep steppin' it up. You have only shown a few seconds of the good acts so we don't know anything about them to care if we see them again. Then you pick the asinine group playing on the belly because Mel said the audience liked them, but didn't put through the creative comic even thought the audience wanted him. Tonight in Vegas Summer 2013, you televised the judges talking to several groups that they are staying or leaving without showing a single act! I've waited a few weeks, but this season just keeps getting worse decisions in editing. AGT used to be my favorite that I talked about a lot with others despite not liking Howard or Howie. Also, This is America - should have American judges and acts!
  • The mini-camo "Italian" dancers

What a bunch of egotistical smart asses. If that's the attitude of the upcoming generation - we're in big trouble. Acting like they are perverted adults in mini bodies... with the pelvic thrusts and the sexual innuendos. Attitude reflects leadership - obviously the parents are living vicariously through these little monsters. A little humility can go a long way - but unfortunately there is NONE in this group. Nothing polite or entertaining about them. I doubt if they will make it through the next round. Or perhaps they will grow up to be like that other immature little s**t who drives a Ferrari and doesn't know the first thing about real life. He was taught that he was even above the law. When they fall from their pedestals... the crash will be heard round the world. And then there's the brit who questioned the original song from the brother and sister act... REALLY??? REALLY??? She sang the all time worst song "Wannabe" and she's questioning this original song that beat anything she's sung hands down. Really.
  • America got talent 6

Can we have female judges from America? One is from UK one is German. Can't stand. Especially too much off time scene given to the judges this season. America got no female judge talents? Why use Heidi and Mel? 6
  • the picking of americans.

How can you allow people that arent even from USA, apply to . its just not right you truly kill the meaning of the show. I stopped watching after this seaions 3rd show..... that have there own version in there country tell them to go home.
  • Best season is 7!

Audiotions r funny with the bad people
  • Final Show

The talent chosen to perform on the final show did not even reach pathetic save the incredible Blue Man Group. The first half of the final has horrible.
  • voting

What is the purpose of voting when the judge's choose a talent at the end of the show!!!!! I think this show SUCKS and I will no longer waste my time watching it. If they think a person that plays with sand is talented then the are out of there minds. I wouldn't waste a penny watching someone play with sand for an hour!!!! Give me a break!!!!
  • Why am I watching this show?

This is a question I ponder during each episode. It's like a horrible car wreck that's being contained by monkeys. I can't look away and can't stop criticizing the horrible judges. I know, I know, just stop watching. It doesn't matter who wins; the winners live show in Vegas or New York wouldn't last after the first five minutes. The winner should get a cash prize and the top ten should get a live show in Vegas or New York. Singers shouldn't be allowed to compete and the judges should start judging the actual talent and not vote them through based on the audience reaction. AND in the finals the fourth talent should be voted by America, not the first three and the last by the judges. You can't rig the show and then call it fair. Stupid!
  • Good stuff Predictions Season 7

#14 The Scott Brothers

#15 Edon

#16 Shanice and Maurice Hayes

#17 All That

After tonight's show my predictions going into the top "16"+.

Comments on the judges:

Howie is far to cheesy

Howard makes the most sense but can be a total @$$.

Sharon seems decent enough

• Great New Judge, Not-So-Great Season

Howard Stern is a welcome addition to America's Got Talent. The show, by design, is a sugarcoated, staged version of "reality," and he brings the real reality to what would otherwise be dry and boring. Sharon spices it up a bit, too, but not on her own. She's lovable and endearing, but Howard's honesty, whether the acts are good or bad, is much needed. There needs to be a bit of a shock value, and he's the perfect man for the job. Now, who's up for replacing Howie? I'm tired of cringing in embarrassment for him every time he speaks.

As for the acts, I'm both impressed and disappointed. While I'm glad that we're not dealing strictly with singers and dancers this season and appreciate the variety, there have really only been a few acts that truly stand out as having raw talent. The judging often doesn't help; whatever their cryptic reasoning for pushing so many of them through who clearly don't deserve it, it frustrates most viewers. It's a good thing we're listening to America's voice now because the talentless will quickly be weeded out, making for fierce competition.

I actually do video reviews of this season's episodes every Monday! Here's Week 9's if you want to see it: http://bit.ly/Nvewrf

Shameless plug, I know! =)
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11