America's Got Talent

Tuesday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Jun 21, 2006 In Season

thefanof

America's Got Talent Fan Reviews (351)

6.8
  • Thought it was AMERICA's got talent

I thought this show was 'AMERICAS'S Got Talent' not 'The whole world's got talent'? Over half the people on this show can barely speak English, heck one guy had to be subtitled because his English was so bad! Just because it says in the rules that you have to be in America legally doesn't make you a citizen. I can go to any country I want with a visa and be there legally. If it doesn't change to 'AMERICA'S Got Talent' I'm going to stop watching it and I have friends and family who feel the same way!
  • Justice For Marisa!

How many people out there think MARISA MCKAYE deserves to face America in the semifinals of America's Got Talent?

If you are one of them: like this, Tweet it or write a supportive comment if available on this site!

HEY, AGT JUDGES! LOOK AT THIS! LISTEN TO US!

You have 3 Wild Cards to put rejected acts through to the semifinals. We respectfully ask that you give one of them to MARISA MCKAYE: Why? Because SHE DESERVES IT!

We are not associated with Marisa. She doesn't know about this (unless she sees it or someone tells her). She doesn't mind that she was excluded. We do not even promise to vote for her if she is not the best. WE ARE JUST SAYING THAT MARISA MCKAYE AND THE COUNTRY AND WESTERN MUSIC SHE REPRESENTS DESERVES A FAIR CHANCE for the people to decide.

Why?

(1) MARISA MCKAYE'S GOT TALENT!: She sings beautifully. She plays guitar. She writes her own songs: more than 20. She is the only candidate who sang and played an instrument at the same time: both well. She performs regularly in her hometown at restaurants, clubs and other public venues.

(2) MARISA MCKAYE WAS NOT TREATED FAIRLY! We never saw her audition. The judges all praised her performance: and then excluded her. Other performers without the talents described in (1) above were passed. The judges even brought her to the stage alone, no other performer - after the performance to tell her she was not proceeding to the semi-finals, as if to apologize, but without giving any reasons. If you think you have too many child singers, why make Marisa the sacrificial lamb?: she is not the worst!

(3) AGT HAS HAD 6 SINGERS AS WINNERS OUT OF 11 SEASONS (AND 2 VENTRILOQUISTS, WHO WILL BE REPRESENTED IN THE SEMIFINALS): BUT ONLY 1 COUNTRY AND WESTERN SINGER (2009))! Country and Western music is listened to by half of America: why should it not be represented on America's Got Talent, every year if possible, for the people to decide?

(4) MARISA MCKAYE IS WELL-QUALIFIED TO REPRESENT MODERN COUNTRY AND WESTERN MUSIC!: She has lived in Nashville for years, worked with famous country and western singers and is very popular there.

(5) MARISA MCKAYE DID NOT "CHOKE"!: After a perfect performance, there were tears in her eyes. Girls age 12-14 are excessively emotional: they cry sometimes for no reason. Marisa performs regularly in large public gatherings, including the State Fair at age 5! To say that she was afraid of AGT is the joke of the year!

(6) MARISA MCKAYE STANDS OR FALLS ON HER MUSIC!: She has no sob story. She has no back story. More accurately, she has one but she did not say a word about it: and won't unless you ask her. She didn't try to use it. She went out and stood on her music, like the little "professional" she is.

(7) MARISA MCKAYE'S VOICE DOESN'T BREAK AT HIGH REGISTERS!: Listen to any country and western radio station and you'll find that all the singers do that: it is a singing style that comes from the origins of country and western music in yodeling. She has heard it all her life and now she does it too.

MARISA MCKAYE, if the judges do justice by giving you the Wild Card, we ask you:

(A) NO TEARS you don't usually cry in performances, and when you come on stage, people will say "Oh yeah, that crying girl", which will put you at a disadvantage: so show them that they are wrong. Be a "Warrior"!

(B) NO COVERS The judges will say "I didn't know she could write her own songs. I didn't know she was a country and western singer". That is because you didn't show them! Covers are for "just singers": but show them you are something more. Sing songs from "Colorful Girl" or other ones you wrote!

Then you will be showing all your talents and may the best artist win!

• Less singers!! And how about Sinbad as the host!

What are the judges thinking? This is turning into another singing show! It's supposed to be that are fun, interesting and entertain the viewers! Instead they are putting through a bunch of singers (granted most are talented) but we don't want to watch all these singers every week! Plenty of singing shows already on TV. We want variety! But you got rid of the comedian who was hilarious with his impersonation of an anwering machine, the illusionist who was very entertaining (taking off his head) and even one of the magicians just to put through more singers?? Come on! Getting very tiring and boring! Oh and instead of putting people through that may not get a second chance you guys put a bunch of kids through, who yes, are amazing, but who have plenty of time to make it in their lives. Lastly, Tyra is super sweet and nice, perfect host would be Sinbad! Bring him back into the TV world. The guy has a great personality, very entertaining and he is totally hilarious. I can just see his interaction with everyone-he would get involved with the people on stage (like Nick did) and his very funny facial expressions alone make him the perfect choice.
  • Trya Banks

She's realize she's under contract this tear, but no way should she be emcee next year!
  • Mirror Image No Talent

Can't believe they were voted to perform at the live shows. They are wiggly, no talent!
  • New host needed!!!

I don't want to be mean. I have nothing against Tyra on her other shows, but she is so very annoying on America's Got Talent. I loved Nick Cannon he was funny, charming, and was interesting to watch. Tyra is none of those. Also, what is up with that low tone crazy voice she uses to announce people. It just annoys me so bad that I cringe every time I hear it. I also feel she is not portraying a good role model, by being so proud of all the fake beauty accessories she wears. I usually never comment, but I love AGT and she is ruining it for me. She is beautiful and talented, but this is just not the right fit for her.
  • Darcy Callus

You guys seriously messed up by cutting Darcy Callus. He was amazing. Seriously, look at the acts you put through... The escape artist was transparently set up. Trump was funny, but compared to the TALENT of Darcy?
  • What a robbery!

I have never written something like this but the rubix cube guy was FLAWLESS! Impossible you guys voted him off! Was by far the most technically difficult and most precise act that night. What a robbery... Howey you and the rest of the judges were wrong! He deserves to be moved on!
  • Dissatisfied

First issue. Very tired of the singers. It's not that they aren't good, it's that they eat up nearly all the golden buzzers, and they kill off the good acts like a cancer, and if I wanted to watch a singing competition id watch the voice or I would have watched American Idol.

The second issue, is the kids and sob stories. Many are talented, exceptionally so. However the kids should have their own show something less intense and more fair. I'm definitely tired of the sob stories, so many acts get through because of them and take up spots for actual talented acts.

Finally, Tyra Banks? You couldn't fill your racial quota with an actual talent? Terry Crews? Matt Williams? Sinbad? Wanda Sykes? Seriously, all the black talent in America, and you pick dead inside, hollow as hell, creepy, unfeeling Tyra Banks? Seriously? Just apologize to nick cannon for being asshats and bring him back.

Things this show isn't:

America's got Singers

America's got Children

America's got Sad Stories

Things this show is:

America's got Talent

~Sincerely AssholeMcMiniFridge,

A fan who's getting tired of this crap.

• PLEASE!

Please get rid of Tyra Banks. I love this show but I can't stand her. She looks like she's always watching herself in a mirror to be sure she's being sexy enough, cute enough or whatever. Please replace her with someone who has some talent. My score is based on Tyra Banks.
  • Need 2 new judges

You guys really need to replace Heidi. She literally has ZERO TALENT. Like none. She doesnt even know how to recognize the most basic concepts of most of the acts. She only roots for hot dudes who take their shirts off. Theres literally a thousand other celebrities who would be much better as an actual judge. She was married to a very talented singer and thats the closest thing to talent that she has. Mel-B, she atleast had a career and has knowledge of music but she critisizes singers of meeting a certain threshold when she is nowhere near it herself. Judges need to be taken seriously as some contestants actually waited and worked really hard to audition only to not be recognized by someone who has no idea what to look for. Just something for you all to think about.
  • Judges

Please replace Mel B. She doesn't have the best taste in talent and is she even that talented herself? Go simon! :)
  • Terrible Hostess

Please for the love of God do not have Tyra on next year or I won't be able to watch and I usually love this show. I miss Nick!!!!! Nick was a great host!
  • Stupid cut aways

Half the show is stupid camera shots and random comments and silly letters flying in. What a waste of time. Feels like I'm watching infomercials between every act and I'm like "I'm already watching the show! That's enough" wish they would do less filler and less talking and let us just see the auditions.
  • Terrible Tyra

I love love love this show!!!! Please bring Nick Cannon back to AGT. I like Tyra as a person and respect her for all she has accomplished but she has no personality or sense of humor. This is not a modeling job. She stands there and makes a few comments but it adds nothing to the show. I am not an actress but I could do a better job, let me audition!!!!

Thanks! MB5

• Idea for AGT

I thiink that AGT should have a seperate show for kids. This way the kids could show off there talent without removing the chance for an adult to win. I think Grace Vandervaal shjould have won because there were better contestants up against her. I think if there was a kid show the winner could get some money, but not as much as AGT and also get a certificate to study music, magic,etc
  • Ditch Tyra

At least Nick genuinely cared about the contestants. Tyra is so fake and she is a horrible host. I have always loved AGT and I'm struggling to get through these episodes. :( Very sad.
  • Nudity?

I thought this is about talent, not about 2 crazy naked men!!!? I'm so disappointed that you let them move to the next round. I can't let my kids watch the show anymore. Shame.
  • Family show?

Do you realize 5yr olds are watching

2 grown naked men dancing you approved it which is even worse.

99% of the acts are fine and I really like watching them.

• Losing Nick = Major Mistake

America's got talent was not a great made it great. In my opinion, major mistake losing him.
  • boot out tara

get rid of banks and bring back nick please
  • Camera man!

Can we watch the acts while they are happening and not the audience and judges? Very disappointed in the camera people. We are missing out. We don't need to see the judges faces while the acts are performing.
  • Tyra Banks is awful

I love AGT, including Simon. I do not like Tyra. She is such a fake. She is not interesting nor engaging. Ughhhhhhh. I loved Nick Cannon.
  • Scientifically the Show

Guys, you have to admit. Grace Vanderwaal won. Americans are so sensitive to what they hear and see. That's why they voted for her. Honestly, I think she sang pretty good, but I think there were talents that were better than her. The Clairvoyants, Laura Bretan, Malevo, etc. should have won instead of her in my opinion. Also, on Simon's saying of Grace being the next Taylor Swift. People should not be too gullibe to see that. I don't mean they should not vote for her. They should probably watch the acts again (including Grace Vanderwaal's) before voting. They should not let one phrase catch them. Also, the host and the judges are a little bit annoying sometimes. Mel B kinda overreacts, Howie is awkward (so as Nick Cannon), Heidi is annoying, and Simon is too strict. One more thing, people should stop being butthurt about Grace winning and it's not like Simon mind controlling people to vote for her, they just want too. The new one is coming this year and think of the future winner. One thing: Do not let one thing from the judges catch you to vote. That is my review folks and have a nice day.
  • TO ALL OF THE SORE LOSERS!

The show was Great!

And to the posters, you are prime examples of the WORST of us. To publicly bash such a talented and beautiful young Lady is beyond words. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You can disagree with the results but to insult her obvious talent shows how small minded you all are. Grace Vanderwaal has over a BILLION views of her performances and millions of fans, more and more every day. She is a true Artist and the fact that she's only 12 is just amazing. Just because you can't appreciate the music means nothing. This girl has done more with her life already then all you will ever do put together. I hope her music torments all of you for the rest of you worthless lives because you're going to be hearing it everywhere in the near future.
  • Grace Fan

I have to disagree - Grace really won because she is a gifted songwriter, as well as her performing and singing and cute factor. No one on these talent shows wins with original songs and she did with 4 in a row! Plus her Name song went viral all over the planet as it inspired kids and adults. Her themes connect with loads of people - incl. Beautiful Thing, Light the Sky and Clay. She may well be the next Dylan or Cat Stevens with this ability already at 12. Her show sold out a Vegas, extended to 4 nights from 3. Magicians are all over the place; Grace is rare.
  • Extremely Biased

I enjoy the show, but it was extremely biased. Grace was good, but nothing as special as Clairvoyance . Though she was a skilled singer for her age, her adorableness was what truly got her votes. (For her age... didn't sound that much better than average. Would not pay to see this in Vegas. At least go with a better sounding instrument like a The Clairvoyance, in comparison was a truly stunning performance which blew my mind away. Singers are a dime a dozen. Truly skilled magicians like the Clairvoyance, are much more satisfying and entertaining to watch.

All in all, I am disappointed in America. How shallow does someone have to be to vote for adorable over talented? It's America' s got TALENT, not America's got cuteness.

Though to be fair, it would look rather bad for the show if the kid didn't win... people would accuse them of discriminating against age. Losing would probably crush her spirit as well.
  • Gag and BARF!!!!

HOW many times have the judges told ppl, "Is this an act you would PAY in VEGAS to see?" NO! I am not thinking I will be watching this dumb show anymore. I have tried a few years. Nuttin But Strings should have won a few years ago, then chicken catche won over Jackie Evanko. This 12 yr old Uke player is UNBELIVEABLY HORRID!!!!!!!!!!! Number one, ALL PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE 18 OR OLDER!!!!. REAL talent was on that stage, NOT HER. I couldn't understand a word she "sang" and she was so silly. 12!!!!!! DEAR GOD!! She should have been gone round ONE. I guess the male judges pushed her and the teeny boppers voted for her. Why have judges if you are going to select a kid??? PLEASE change your rules. At least if you are 18 you may get a break. I won't watch again, WHO fixed these votes???

• Rewatched and just as Terrible

OMG, with such talent in the others, it is unbelievable that she won! Sal Valentinelli, the Clairvoyants, Brian Justin Crowe, Laura Brenton, John Derenbros, anyone of them, I would have been happy with. What is America thinking?? Why was Laura Brenton eliminated over Grace. There was no competition there. Utterly disappointed! Terrible!

Just rewatched the taped show to see if I missed anything. Of the top 10, Grace and Tape Face had no reason to be there. I would gladly pay to see a show with any of the other 8 finalists. Sal V, Laura B, Brian J C, Clairvoyants, John D were amazing. I watched for the judges reactions the second time around and Heidi and Mel B's expressions of shock were spot on. Is there a site where we can get the judges honest reactions to the results?? Howie, what were you thinking?
  • Talent Show or Game Show?

Jon Dorenbos is a class act. He's an immensely talented magician who is engaging and endearing. He also puts the "human" in humanity. Brian Crum is an incredible vocalist. Each time he performed, his theatrical delivery drew me in both lyrically and emotionally. Both of these men are true entertainers and I would gladly buy a $100 ticket to see each of them perform. I hope the executives in Las Vegas who have the power to make decisions will have the vision to hire these acts regardless of their final standings on America's Got Talent.

Talent shows have been transformed by technology. The AGT semi-finals included profoundly talented performers who lost the competition. The last act standing was not the most talented. She won because she had a pre-teen social media fan base who voted. Is AGT a talent show or a game show? The producers need to decide, so we viewers can decide whether to watch.