America's Got Talent

Tuesday 9:00 PM on NBC Premiered Jun 21, 2006 In Season

thefanof

America's Got Talent Fan Reviews (346)

6.8
  • Darcy Callus

You guys seriously messed up by cutting Darcy Callus. He was amazing. Seriously, look at the acts you put through... The escape artist was transparently set up. Trump was funny, but compared to the TALENT of Darcy?
  • What a robbery!

I have never written something like this but the rubix cube guy was FLAWLESS! Impossible you guys voted him off! Was by far the most technically difficult and most precise act that night. What a robbery... Howey you and the rest of the judges were wrong! He deserves to be moved on!
  • Dissatisfied

First issue. Very tired of the singers. It's not that they aren't good, it's that they eat up nearly all the golden buzzers, and they kill off the good acts like a cancer, and if I wanted to watch a singing competition id watch the voice or I would have watched American Idol.

The second issue, is the kids and sob stories. Many are talented, exceptionally so. However the kids should have their own show something less intense and more fair. I'm definitely tired of the sob stories, so many acts get through because of them and take up spots for actual talented acts.

Finally, Tyra Banks? You couldn't fill your racial quota with an actual talent? Terry Crews? Matt Williams? Sinbad? Wanda Sykes? Seriously, all the black talent in America, and you pick dead inside, hollow as hell, creepy, unfeeling Tyra Banks? Seriously? Just apologize to nick cannon for being asshats and bring him back.

Things this show isn't:

America's got Singers

America's got Children

America's got Sad Stories

Things this show is:

America's got Talent

~Sincerely AssholeMcMiniFridge,

A fan who's getting tired of this crap.

• PLEASE!

Please get rid of Tyra Banks. I love this show but I can't stand her. She looks like she's always watching herself in a mirror to be sure she's being sexy enough, cute enough or whatever. Please replace her with someone who has some talent. My score is based on Tyra Banks.
  • Need 2 new judges

You guys really need to replace Heidi. She literally has ZERO TALENT. Like none. She doesnt even know how to recognize the most basic concepts of most of the acts. She only roots for hot dudes who take their shirts off. Theres literally a thousand other celebrities who would be much better as an actual judge. She was married to a very talented singer and thats the closest thing to talent that she has. Mel-B, she atleast had a career and has knowledge of music but she critisizes singers of meeting a certain threshold when she is nowhere near it herself. Judges need to be taken seriously as some contestants actually waited and worked really hard to audition only to not be recognized by someone who has no idea what to look for. Just something for you all to think about.
  • Judges

Please replace Mel B. She doesn't have the best taste in talent and is she even that talented herself? Go simon! :)
  • Terrible Hostess

Please for the love of God do not have Tyra on next year or I won't be able to watch and I usually love this show. I miss Nick!!!!! Nick was a great host!
  • Stupid cut aways

Half the show is stupid camera shots and random comments and silly letters flying in. What a waste of time. Feels like I'm watching infomercials between every act and I'm like "I'm already watching the show! That's enough" wish they would do less filler and less talking and let us just see the auditions.
  • Terrible Tyra

I love love love this show!!!! Please bring Nick Cannon back to AGT. I like Tyra as a person and respect her for all she has accomplished but she has no personality or sense of humor. This is not a modeling job. She stands there and makes a few comments but it adds nothing to the show. I am not an actress but I could do a better job, let me audition!!!!

Thanks! MB5

• Idea for AGT

I thiink that AGT should have a seperate show for kids. This way the kids could show off there talent without removing the chance for an adult to win. I think Grace Vandervaal shjould have won because there were better contestants up against her. I think if there was a kid show the winner could get some money, but not as much as AGT and also get a certificate to study music, magic,etc
  • Ditch Tyra

At least Nick genuinely cared about the contestants. Tyra is so fake and she is a horrible host. I have always loved AGT and I'm struggling to get through these episodes. :( Very sad.
  • Nudity?

I thought this is about talent, not about 2 crazy naked men!!!? I'm so disappointed that you let them move to the next round. I can't let my kids watch the show anymore. Shame.
  • Family show?

Do you realize 5yr olds are watching

2 grown naked men dancing you approved it which is even worse.

99% of the acts are fine and I really like watching them.

• Losing Nick = Major Mistake

America's got talent was not a great made it great. In my opinion, major mistake losing him.
  • boot out tara

get rid of banks and bring back nick please
  • Camera man!

Can we watch the acts while they are happening and not the audience and judges? Very disappointed in the camera people. We are missing out. We don't need to see the judges faces while the acts are performing.
  • Tyra Banks is awful

I love AGT, including Simon. I do not like Tyra. She is such a fake. She is not interesting nor engaging. Ughhhhhhh. I loved Nick Cannon.
  • Scientifically the Show

Guys, you have to admit. Grace Vanderwaal won. Americans are so sensitive to what they hear and see. That's why they voted for her. Honestly, I think she sang pretty good, but I think there were talents that were better than her. The Clairvoyants, Laura Bretan, Malevo, etc. should have won instead of her in my opinion. Also, on Simon's saying of Grace being the next Taylor Swift. People should not be too gullibe to see that. I don't mean they should not vote for her. They should probably watch the acts again (including Grace Vanderwaal's) before voting. They should not let one phrase catch them. Also, the host and the judges are a little bit annoying sometimes. Mel B kinda overreacts, Howie is awkward (so as Nick Cannon), Heidi is annoying, and Simon is too strict. One more thing, people should stop being butthurt about Grace winning and it's not like Simon mind controlling people to vote for her, they just want too. The new one is coming this year and think of the future winner. One thing: Do not let one thing from the judges catch you to vote. That is my review folks and have a nice day.
  • TO ALL OF THE SORE LOSERS!

The show was Great!

And to the posters, you are prime examples of the WORST of us. To publicly bash such a talented and beautiful young Lady is beyond words. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You can disagree with the results but to insult her obvious talent shows how small minded you all are. Grace Vanderwaal has over a BILLION views of her performances and millions of fans, more and more every day. She is a true Artist and the fact that she's only 12 is just amazing. Just because you can't appreciate the music means nothing. This girl has done more with her life already then all you will ever do put together. I hope her music torments all of you for the rest of you worthless lives because you're going to be hearing it everywhere in the near future.
  • Grace Fan

I have to disagree - Grace really won because she is a gifted songwriter, as well as her performing and singing and cute factor. No one on these talent shows wins with original songs and she did with 4 in a row! Plus her Name song went viral all over the planet as it inspired kids and adults. Her themes connect with loads of people - incl. Beautiful Thing, Light the Sky and Clay. She may well be the next Dylan or Cat Stevens with this ability already at 12. Her show sold out a Vegas, extended to 4 nights from 3. Magicians are all over the place; Grace is rare.
  • Extremely Biased

I enjoy the show, but it was extremely biased. Grace was good, but nothing as special as Clairvoyance . Though she was a skilled singer for her age, her adorableness was what truly got her votes. (For her age... didn't sound that much better than average. Would not pay to see this in Vegas. At least go with a better sounding instrument like a The Clairvoyance, in comparison was a truly stunning performance which blew my mind away. Singers are a dime a dozen. Truly skilled magicians like the Clairvoyance, are much more satisfying and entertaining to watch.

All in all, I am disappointed in America. How shallow does someone have to be to vote for adorable over talented? It's America' s got TALENT, not America's got cuteness.

Though to be fair, it would look rather bad for the show if the kid didn't win... people would accuse them of discriminating against age. Losing would probably crush her spirit as well.
  • Gag and BARF!!!!

HOW many times have the judges told ppl, "Is this an act you would PAY in VEGAS to see?" NO! I am not thinking I will be watching this dumb show anymore. I have tried a few years. Nuttin But Strings should have won a few years ago, then chicken catche won over Jackie Evanko. This 12 yr old Uke player is UNBELIVEABLY HORRID!!!!!!!!!!! Number one, ALL PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE 18 OR OLDER!!!!. REAL talent was on that stage, NOT HER. I couldn't understand a word she "sang" and she was so silly. 12!!!!!! DEAR GOD!! She should have been gone round ONE. I guess the male judges pushed her and the teeny boppers voted for her. Why have judges if you are going to select a kid??? PLEASE change your rules. At least if you are 18 you may get a break. I won't watch again, WHO fixed these votes???

• Rewatched and just as Terrible

OMG, with such talent in the others, it is unbelievable that she won! Sal Valentinelli, the Clairvoyants, Brian Justin Crowe, Laura Brenton, John Derenbros, anyone of them, I would have been happy with. What is America thinking?? Why was Laura Brenton eliminated over Grace. There was no competition there. Utterly disappointed! Terrible!

Just rewatched the taped show to see if I missed anything. Of the top 10, Grace and Tape Face had no reason to be there. I would gladly pay to see a show with any of the other 8 finalists. Sal V, Laura B, Brian J C, Clairvoyants, John D were amazing. I watched for the judges reactions the second time around and Heidi and Mel B's expressions of shock were spot on. Is there a site where we can get the judges honest reactions to the results?? Howie, what were you thinking?
  • Talent Show or Game Show?

Jon Dorenbos is a class act. He's an immensely talented magician who is engaging and endearing. He also puts the "human" in humanity. Brian Crum is an incredible vocalist. Each time he performed, his theatrical delivery drew me in both lyrically and emotionally. Both of these men are true entertainers and I would gladly buy a $100 ticket to see each of them perform. I hope the executives in Las Vegas who have the power to make decisions will have the vision to hire these acts regardless of their final standings on America's Got Talent.

Talent shows have been transformed by technology. The AGT semi-finals included profoundly talented performers who lost the competition. The last act standing was not the most talented. She won because she had a pre-teen social media fan base who voted. Is AGT a talent show or a game show? The producers need to decide, so we viewers can decide whether to watch.
  • fraud and rigged

What a fraud AGT a 12 year old no talent can't understand her lyrics the winner should have been gone in her first audition this is a bad joke right and the other finalists were far better and have talent excluding Tape Face how did he make the finale judges no need to name them one has no talent with a golden buzzer and can only say you need to vote next one a drama queen arms waving running around the place no need for it and here comes the dummy with no talent who gives you the dumb look trying to make a joke and the last one pushing people through who he wants in like your the next Taylor Swift if I was her I take AGT to court with a no talent contestant like her need to make changes in the judges and the fraud part dunkin save a huge fraud vote on the east coast pick a winner already how about the other time zones if they pick a different winner see what I mean a fraud how I take it the whole show one great big fraud and a big RIGGED - go to youtube and type in AGT IS RIGGED check out the comments
  • She didn't deserve to win

I totally agree with all of the comments that I have read so far. The real culprit is Howie Mandel and he needs to go. He and Howard Stern pulled the same crap with Forte in 2013 after falling over backwards telling everyone how great they were. Heidi loved them, too. Then, at the end, Howie and Howard made a 180 and endorsed and encouraged other acts. In 2012 on Britain's Got Talent, Jonathan Antoine and Charlotte Jaconelli came in second behind a dog act. Simon said that he hadn't heard a voice like Jonathan's since Pavarotti, yet they lost. Thank God Collabro won in 2014 and the public got it right. I agree with all of those who said that Grace Vanderwaal had poor enunciation, no voice, strummed 3 notes on a ukulele, and I could hardly understand a word she was singing. She's not ready for the big stage yet and needs to mature, yet Columbia signed her??? Personally, I wanted Sal Valentinetti to win, loved Laura Bretan, Malevo, Linkenbridge, Sofi Dossi, and Viktor Kee. Light years better than Grace. The system is rigged coupled with the voters not recognizing true talent. She should have been out with the first five. Changing the judges isn't going to make a difference. It's all just good theater and hype. I may not watch anymore. This was the first one I followed from day 1 and not sure I will do it again.
  • Stormy Joe

I will never watch this show again; Grace Vanderwall should never wan the show; I can think to at least 5 performances much better than hers.
  • This is a joke right?

1.5
    First Nick looked like an idiot 2nd He keeps touting the one million dollar prize. How about telling the sheepel it takes FORTY years to get the money 3rd Are you frigging kidding me Grace Vanderwall winning. I really ,used, to like this show but after this I'm turning in my Neilson box and I will never watch AGT again. You clowns just shot yourselves in the foot with this RIGGED vote
  • Extremely Disappointed

I've watched AGT for years with my family and the finals were the most exciting part. This year's final results were by far the worst. Even the judges were shocked (watch their initial responses).

In years past, I've seen acts make it to the finals by popular vote that weren't the best, but the acts that won were definitely the best. This year was not the case. Although Grace is very talented and has potential, she still has a lot of growing to do. Plus, I wouldn't spend the money in Vegas to watch her. Acts I would take a trip to Vegas to see are: Sal Valentinietti, Brian Crum, Viktor Kee, Sofie Dossi, the Clairvoyants, or Jon Dorenbos. I would've been happy if any of these came in 1st. Even my daughter who is a huge Taylor Swift fan, says Brian should've won. His performance far outshined Grace's.

I think the judges (especially Howie & Simon) boosted Grace up too much and AGT placed her last in the line up so she would get the most votes. They seem to be only looking for who is gonna sign the biggest contract and bring in the most money for them in the future. It's a sad day and I am appalled at where this show is going. AGT will definitely lose many viewers and money.

• WHY ARE WE SO SURPRISED, AMERICA? BOYCOTT PHONY AGT.

First of all, AGT should have CATEGORIES AND AGE GROUPS! Viktor and Sofie were so far above "Amazing Grace" (Gimme a Break) in class and talent that the so-called voting fix is transparent.

But, why are we surprised that The Entertainment Industry would select a 12-YEAR OLD LITTLE GIRL? Yes, Viktor, that is how America rewards years and years of hard work, talent, sacrifice and creativity! Give honor to a little brat whose only response was "to get it over with". She even knew!

AFNFAM