America's Next Top Model

And the Winner Is...

Aired Friday 9:00 PM May 14, 2008 on The CW

• Eventhough my expectations for this cycle's conclusion were high, it wasn't really satisfactory. Instead it was downright wrong but at the same time really predictable.

America's Next Top Model surprised me this time around. Overall use of interesting challenges, diverse models with relateable (cultural) backgrounds, delectable photographers and a more professional approach (focusing less on interpersonal drama). I started losing my enthousiasm when Claire and Katrazyna got voted off. The fundaments of judging revolve to much around a model's personality. Claire, ''that punk chick'' and Kat were all genuine and real people, but still unique in their own right. Which made them appeal to me more. As a model they had that high fashion look, the akward but sofisticated features and intelligence. This show tries to hard to cross boundaries that recently already have been crossed. Full figured modeling has been around for almost a decade, it was not in need of beeing immortalized or revolutionalized by any such program what so ever. Don't get me wrong, I would gladly accept whitney's victory if it wasnt for the obvious superiority of several other models in this years competition. You could say it's mearly a matter of personal taste, but that same argument applies to the judges. But in fact they watch with a careful eye, they have experience in the field, ONE WOULD THINK!? I like this show, but i can not take it seriously. Anya is, in my inebt and pedestrian point of view, and always will be more then the rest of them. She has the ethereal provoking energy, the clear blue eyes, the beautiful bonestructure, the angles in her posing, eager to listen and learn, down to earth personality, easy to work with and a unique soft look. I'm just a bit dissapointed with the show, not because my prefered model didnt make it, but because ANTM is one of many poorly executed fast food reality shows with no realism at all. Yes the competetive nature of the show keeps me coming back for more, but WHITNEY!? come on..