America's Next Top Model Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

E! Online picks up the Saleisha Scandal

  • Avatar of VideoJill

    VideoJill

    [1]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 01/31/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 42

    www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=c40a8f75-b186-4613-94f1-cddfb07ddbf7&sid=fd-hot3-txt

    E! News: Saleisha Tops Top Model, Cue the Carping

    Were a pretty face, a fierce walk and a perky attitude all it took to propel Saleisha Stowers to the Top Model title?

    After the 19-year-old former receptionist from Los Angeles was named the winner on Wednesday's ninth-cycle finale, the blogosphere was buzzing with reasons why she may have been undeserving of the victory.

    Though it was made clear from the outset of the season that Saleisha had a prior relationship with Tyra Banks, having attended the supermodel's T-Zone camp for underprivileged girls when she was 14, viewers were given no indication that the twosome's acquaintance extended beyond that experience.

    However, sharp-eyed fans soon dug up footage showing Saleisha walking the catwalk in an ANTM cycle-six fashion show, as well as appearing on the runway in an episode of The Tyra Banks Show.

    Viewers also found that Saleisha had appeared in a nationwide Wendy's commercial that aired in 2006, seemingly in violation of an America's Next Top Model eligibility rule that states would-be contestants "must not have previous experience as a model in a national campaign within the last five years (including, but not limited to, appearances on television and print advertisements)."

    Whether Saleisha's prior experience gave her an unfair advantage over Barbie-esque runner-up Chantal and cynical third-place finisher Jeneh is up for debate.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neishababee

    neishababee

    [2]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 10/25/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 753
    omg. LET IT GO.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JoeyzPizza47

    JoeyzPizza47

    [3]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 568
    Normally I wouldn't think it was a big deal, but it was so OBVIOUS that Saleisha was going to win from the beginning that you can't ignore it. She seemingly couldn't do any wrong in the judges' eyes, even when her pictures weren't good. She got more chances than any of the other girls. It kind of makes the show's validity in question. Saleisha definitely was not the best model in this cycle, even with her prior experience. Tyra even said it! She said how Jeneh has stomped all over Saleisha this whole competition even though she has experience. So why should she win? This is the worst outcome since Cycle 5.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gymfreak831

    gymfreak831

    [4]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 08/05/04
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,456
    JoeyzPizza47 wrote:
    Normally I wouldn't think it was a big deal, but it was so OBVIOUS that Saleisha was going to win from the beginning that you can't ignore it. She seemingly couldn't do any wrong in the judges' eyes, even when her pictures weren't good. She got more chances than any of the other girls. It kind of makes the show's validity in question. Saleisha definitely was not the best model in this cycle, even with her prior experience. Tyra even said it! She said how Jeneh has stomped all over Saleisha this whole competition even though she has experience. So why should she win? This is the worst outcome since Cycle 5.


    amen.... this finale ranks right up there disappointment wise with cycles 2, 4, and 5. plus, if EOnline is doing a story on it, it must be a bigger deal than just random fans on message boards.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lyghthouse

    lyghthouse

    [5]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/13/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,168

    I agree.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GozzipGal

    GozzipGal

    [6]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 11/19/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 131

    Thats why she got so upset when she was bragging about her modeling experience and Bianca began questioning her because she knew if she said something the girls would have got her disqualified. Which she should have been.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of n3xt_l3v3l

    n3xt_l3v3l

    [7]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 11/19/05
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 1,972
    E! Online is pretty slow with releasing this news. But I guess better late than ever. - Yawns.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of were121

    were121

    [8]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 03/26/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 40
    not surprising. Between nigel and tyra no one stood a chance. in general, the cycle finale was blah.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tbys1980

    tbys1980

    [9]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/27/05
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 309
    VideoJill wrote:

    www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=c40a8f75-b186-4613-94f1-cddfb07ddbf7&sid=fd-hot3-txt

    E! News: Saleisha Tops Top Model, Cue the Carping

    Were a pretty face, a fierce walk and a perky attitude all it took to propel Saleisha Stowers to the Top Model title?

    After the 19-year-old former receptionist from Los Angeles was named the winner on Wednesday's ninth-cycle finale, the blogosphere was buzzing with reasons why she may have been undeserving of the victory.

    Though it was made clear from the outset of the season that Saleisha had a prior relationship with Tyra Banks, having attended the supermodel's T-Zone camp for underprivileged girls when she was 14, viewers were given no indication that the twosome's acquaintance extended beyond that experience.

    However, sharp-eyed fans soon dug up footage showing Saleisha walking the catwalk in an ANTM cycle-six fashion show, as well as appearing on the runway in an episode of The Tyra Banks Show.

    Viewers also found that Saleisha had appeared in a nationwide Wendy's commercial that aired in 2006, seemingly in violation of an America's Next Top Model eligibility rule that states would-be contestants "must not have previous experience as a model in a national campaign within the last five years (including, but not limited to, appearances on television and print advertisements)."

    Whether Saleisha's prior experience gave her an unfair advantage over Barbie-esque runner-up Chantal and cynical third-place finisher Jeneh is up for debate.


    No I don't think she should have won. It should be like radio contests where if you know anyone at the radio station then you are uneligible to win.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SamusAran825

    SamusAran825

    [10]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 08/31/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 77
    I have nothing against Saleisha as a model. She wasn't my favorite in this cycle, then again, no one really was. She definitely has some talent, and out of the final three, I still think she was the most well-rounded model. However, rules are rules, and I do wonder just how her modeling on Tyra's talk show and doing that Wendy's commercial didn't disqualify her. It's not like Tyra can say "Oh, I didn't know." Tyra even acknowledged Saleisha's modeling experience in the finale.

    But oh well. She's already won, so it's not like they can take it back. Who knows, if this story gets enough publicity, then maybe Tyra will talk about it on her show. It's not that I don't like Saleisha as a model or anything like that, but from the sounds of things, rules were broken. That can cause people to question the intentions of the show, and even Tyra.

    And you thought the drama only happened IN Top Model.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mocha_latte3

    mocha_latte3

    [11]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 4
    I was halfway convinced that Tyra & the producers were going to pull a classic reality tv stunt. I thought that they would announce Saleisha the winner or either get to the finale & be like "ooops...you violated the eligibility rules & we have to disqualify you." It's oen thing to have prior experience, I think that the winner should have some type of experience. Because we see the girls with no experience have no clue when it comes to the challenges & walking the runway & it takes too long to train them. But Saleshia just came along & completely violated the rules. Commericals, ads, TYRA'S SHOW!!! Now that's just wrong.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of annyrb15

    annyrb15

    [12]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 12/06/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 440
    JoeyzPizza47 wrote:
    Normally I wouldn't think it was a big deal, but it was so OBVIOUS that Saleisha was going to win from the beginning that you can't ignore it. She seemingly couldn't do any wrong in the judges' eyes, even when her pictures weren't good. She got more chances than any of the other girls. It kind of makes the show's validity in question. Saleisha definitely was not the best model in this cycle, even with her prior experience. Tyra even said it! She said how Jeneh has stomped all over Saleisha this whole competition even though she has experience. So why should she win? This is the worst outcome since Cycle 5.


    Yeah, I totally agree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dzyres

    Dzyres

    [13]Dec 13, 2007
    • member since: 10/10/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 975
    Cause Jenah looks hideous in person and if she came nto my imaginary design shop, I would not but my imaginary designs on her! She does not have the air of a model. Where is her pride in her appearancE? She looks like the drummer girl who is late for band practice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RugratBoy91

    RugratBoy91

    [14]Dec 14, 2007
    • member since: 11/12/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,731
    Saleisha has to be de-throned its not FAIR Chantal and Jenah had no experience. and look. they shoot better pic's than tootie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of crazybabecake

    crazybabecake

    [15]Dec 14, 2007
    • member since: 08/08/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 732

    RugratBoy91 wrote:
    Saleisha has to be de-throned its not FAIR Chantal and Jenah had no experience. and look. they shoot better pic's than tootie.

    Tootie....**snort, snort** LOL!!!!

    I also think it is unfair. And I definitly don't think she was the best in this competition, by far. She was the most well rounded out of the bottom 3, but not the best out of the entire competition.Nothing is going to be done about it now. She's won, already had photo shoots. It's over. I love Tyra, but I think thiscycle was a train wreck. I hope they get it together before the next one.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neishababee

    neishababee

    [16]Dec 14, 2007
    • member since: 10/25/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 753
    Dzyres wrote:
    Cause Jenah looks hideous in person and if she came nto my imaginary design shop, I would not but my imaginary designs on her! She does not have the air of a model. Where is her pride in her appearancE? She looks like the drummer girl who is late for band practice.


    lol lol hilarious. do you think you might book her for an imaginary shoot for your imaginary spring line?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cattlover

    cattlover

    [17]Dec 14, 2007
    • member since: 12/05/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 36

    RugratBoy91 wrote:
    Saleisha has to be de-throned its not FAIR Chantal and Jenah had no experience. and look. they shoot better pic's than tootie.

    LOL, "Tootie" Or as some have called her "mushroom top" definitely got an unfair advantage, and I think it's totally unfair for her to have even been in the Cycle!

    Chantal (and after the first week, Heather) were my favorites from the very beginning, and I feel like Chantal was robbed.

    This whole cycle was so, so weird. I know that they went with a lot of younger girls, but they were so immature! Great stuff.. Bianca and others making fun of Heather. Yay! Makes great role models

    And then when I found out about Saleisha and the former modeling she had done, that did me in. If she was just soooooo fabulous I'd maybe say she deserved it, but I thought she was a kiss-butt a lot of the times.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Dzyres

    Dzyres

    [18]Dec 15, 2007
    • member since: 10/10/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 975
    neishababee wrote:
    Dzyres wrote:
    Cause Jenah looks hideous in person and if she came into my imaginary design shop, I would not put my imaginary designs on her! She does not have the air of a model. Where is her pride in her appearancE? She looks like the drummer girl who is late for band practice.


    lol lol hilarious. do you think you might book her for an imaginary shoot for your imaginary spring line?


    Lol. Hell no!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sethsummer4evx3

    sethsummer4evx3

    [19]Dec 15, 2007
    • member since: 12/22/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 631
    cattlover wrote:

    RugratBoy91 wrote:
    Saleisha has to be de-throned its not FAIR Chantal and Jenah had no experience. and look. they shoot better pic's than tootie.

    LOL, "Tootie" Or as some have called her "mushroom top" definitely got an unfair advantage, and I think it's totally unfair for her to have even been in the Cycle!

    Chantal (and after the first week, Heather) were my favorites from the very beginning, and I feel like Chantal was robbed.

    This whole cycle was so, so weird. I know that they went with a lot of younger girls, but they were so immature! Great stuff.. Bianca and others making fun of Heather. Yay! Makes great role models

    And then when I found out about Saleisha and the former modeling she had done, that did me in. If she was just soooooo fabulous I'd maybe say she deserved it, but I thought she was a kiss-butt a lot of the times.


    Chantal was robbed. I thought this show was supposed to be about new faces entering the modeling indrusty. Saleisha has experience, Chantal didn't. What's the point of having this show if someone who has modeling experience wins. Chantal, Jenah, Lisa, or Heather should of won.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of degrassi12fan

    degrassi12fan

    [20]Dec 16, 2007
    • member since: 08/14/07
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 5
    i loved saleshia but i did see her on the runway walk with missy elliot performing work it in 2003 so she must of have some experience
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.