America's Next Top Model Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Most Successful "Loser" of ANTM?

viggogirl1

[1]Dec 29, 2005
    • level: 5
    Although, they aren't losers by no means...for purposes of this topic: loser=anyone else who didn't win the competition.

That said, I think Tocarra from season 3 has had quite a bit of success. Yes, she was on Celebrity Fit Club 2 (a reality show on VH1) but she was top dog in pretty much all of the challenges and weigh-ins. Plus, she always presented herself with spunky elegance and class than what some may give her credit for. Can't say the same for the first winner from season one....

She is also a spokeswoman for Ashley Stewart fashions and has been seen more visably than the majority of the actual winners, except for Eva.

I'm just really proud of her; she's out there doing her thing.

What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

neishababee

[2]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 9
    Really? that's awesome about her. I loved her personality.
    I know Mercedes has gotten some play. and Yaya is doing a little something now. And someone else is successful overseas, I forget who.

angelpie29

[3]Dec 30, 2005
    I have to say that out of everyone on Top Model, winners and non-winners, the most successful is Elyse

booshika

[4]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 4
    I love Toccara!!! She is a good representation of us curvaceous (sp?) sistas and she has a great personality. I think she got screwed over in her season...but lets be real, they only put a plus sized model there as a "token". They would never really let her win! I didn't even know anything about Ashley Stewart until I saw Toccara in an ad. I saw her on Celebrity Fit Club too. That girl may be overweight but she is still fit.

I think Yaya is a successful "loser" too. I saw her on some little fashion tv show on tv (the one with Tommy Hilfiger...I can't remember the name) and now she is doing that radio shack commercial too I think.

olookwhooshere

[5]Dec 30, 2005
    Elyse from season one has been the most successful model..she is more successful than Yoanna and Adrienne in terms of modeling gigs, she's been booked so much over seas, and been on the cover of Harpaar's Bazaar...check her live journal

FaithTheSlayer

[6]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 21
    I would have to say Tocarra. i see her on alot of Magazine covers. She has been my fav model since the day I saw her on Top Model. she's gorgeous and her personality is so sweet and real. Its really hard to find people like that these days.

angelpie29

[7]Dec 30, 2005
    Elyse is by far the most successful, however since she is not successful in the US (she has found her fame and fortune in Asia and South America) many people don't know

Elyse is also have a book published in Hong Kong

olookwhooshere

[8]Dec 30, 2005
    Brita hasn't done so poorly either, she got signed the day after the season finished airing

Naima is well on her way, I've seen her in so many things not sponsored by CG

yay_boredom

[9]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 18
    Wow, I thought Elyse became a doctor.
    *Shows what I know*

I think Tocarra is the most succesful loser in the United States, I have seen her outside of Top Model things and she seems to be doing pretty well.

Otherwise I haven't seen any others except April does some internet talk show, thats about it.

Placide

[10]Dec 30, 2005
    • level: 7
    Elyse!

She should have won.

angelpie29

[11]Dec 30, 2005
    Placide wrote:
    Elyse!

She should have won.

I am so glad that she lost! If she would have won she would not have the International success (and her book!), she would probably fallen into the crack of Top Model winners and be successful for a couple months (or a year or so) and then fade away

olookwhooshere

[12]Dec 30, 2005
    angelpie29 wrote:
    Placide wrote:
    Elyse!

She should have won.

I am so glad that she lost! If she would have won she would not have the International success (and her book!), she would probably fallen into the crack of Top Model winners and be successful for a couple months (or a year or so) and then fade away

Elyse is the kind of person who is good at pretty much whatever she wants to be good at...She just goes for it and it's hers, if she wanted to win at the time of the competition she would have easily..but she didn't want it, only after she lost it showed how much it meant to her and she gunned for it,

no model shot to fame in the US..they conquered other continents/countries first..there is no high fashion/couture world in the United States, it's all commercial

Eylse dropped to South America, and now she's dominating Asia, next up is probably Africa (according to her livejournal)..and then Europe..

she has the best high-fashion everything from any of the girls cycle 1/2/3/4/5..and probably 6

n3xt_l3v3l

[13]Jan 2, 2006
    • level: 26
    Well Tiffany from Cycle 4 was recently in a video by Dre entitled: "Naomi". She looked really hot and she was working the street like it was a runway. I was proud to see her in something. Her looks was fierce when they did snap shots for the video.

Sweettina513

[14]Jan 21, 2006
    Brita! She was eliminated first and she got a contract as well as being on billboard ads.

Go Brita! Just shows that no matter when you get eliminated, if you're good, you're just good!

~Tina~

yay_boredom

[15]Jan 22, 2006
    Sweettina513 wrote:
    Brita! She was eliminated first and she got a contract as well as being on billboard ads.

Go Brita! Just shows that no matter when you get eliminated, if you're good, you're just good!

~Tina~

seriously? good for brita!

RealityFan2686

[16]Jan 24, 2006
    • level: 30
    angelpie29 wrote:
    Placide wrote:
    Elyse!

She should have won.

I thought she wanted to be a doctor. ?????????????

AshRoseIU

[17]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 8
    Elyse is doing amazing. She's modeling in Hong Kong now. She's been on the cover of Harper's Bazaar there. She did an ad for motorola a while ago. I recommend checking out her livejournal (an entertaining read). I think her username is just elysesewell.
    I keep seeing Brita mentioned but a lot of models from the show are with agencies. Shannon(C1) is with Ford (as is Yaya (C3) I think). Yaya's also in an upcoming movie with Antonio Banderas (some cheesy dance movie). Mercedes (C2) has gotten a lot of work and Ann (C3) has been doing well too (I just saw a bridal shoot she did a while back).

yay_boredom

[18]Jan 30, 2006
    is anyone NOT doing well?
    thats another thread...

isn't mercedes in the new xmen movie? that's was a rumour i heard....

angelpie29

[19]Jan 30, 2006
    i believe that was an untrue rumour

AshRoseIU

[20]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 8
    angelpie29 wrote:
    i believe that was an untrue rumour

Yeah, she denied it herself in an interview a while back. I can't remember where the interview was at though.