America's Next Top Model Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Spoilers on the Forum (special code)

Ahny

[1]Jan 1, 2007
    • level: 34

I just found this on one of the other forums, it was posted by MissRibs. I would much appreciate it if it could be used in this forum. It's a simple solution.

"A new functionality for adding hidden spoilers is now available on the forums! You can add spoilers (without getting in trouble) while giving users the option to read them or not. Using bbcode, you can do this:

***SPOILER***

Just click on the ***SPOILER*** text to reveal what was written. If you do not wish to see the spoiler, simply do not click on the link.

Here's the bbcode to use: [spoiler] insert spoiler text here [ /spoiler].
    Whatever text you insert between the tags will post as ***SPOILER*** and users will have to click on the link to see the text.

NOTE: When someone adds this code to their post, it will always be hidden to users by default, so don't worry about accidentally seeing the spoiler if you didn't want to. You definitely will have to click on the link to see the text. "

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ahny

[2]Jan 1, 2007

For obvious reasons this is not neccasary for topic that are marked as spoilers unless the spoiler material you are posting goes beyond the scope of the other messages posted. That's a little confusing, so here's an example.

You're in the "hopes and dreams with spoilers thread". It's already been declared a spoiler zone, so when you're there you can feel free to submit stuff like (I'm making this stuff up so no worries) "There will be no plus size models this cycle", or "Tyra is dress even worse than last year". However, even when you are in that spoiler-rific thread, you would have to put a spoiler warning code if you were to post something to the following extent; Moira wins! (again, that's make up).

Hopefully this makes a bit more sense. Any questions, just post.

Edited on 01/01/2007 5:03pm

Ahny

[8]Mar 7, 2007
    Dzyres wrote:

[spoiler] This is so cool. Just testing.[ /spoiler].

Someone, please explain this to me. It's not working for me either.

It's probably becasue you just copy pasted the code straight from my original post. That post has some extra formating done to it so you can actually read the formating you need to write to use the spoiler code.

Try just physically writting out the code and seeing if it works.

Also, please don't use this thread as a testing ground. the spoiler code works just fine (if written properly) in blogs.

Dzyres

[9]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 7
    Thanks for breaking it down. I should have tried it the other way. Sorry about the testing. I only used it as a testing ground because I did not get it right in another thread, and this seemed like the appropriate thread to get help. Now everyone knows that it has to  be written and not copied. Thanks!

pandacharmed

[14]Apr 11, 2007
    Another thing, If the thread titles are not spoilery either! I have to watch days after the US airdate so if people could not post it into thread titles! Thanks!
    And also, the person who submits to model guides they were the eg: 6th girl to b eliminated NOT to submit to natasha's if she goes home! Im her editor and don't want to be spoiled by it! Thanks a million!