America's Next Top Model Forums

Friday 9:00 PM on The CWIn Season

Tyra's favoritism towards Saleisha

VideoJill

[1]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 1

Don't think Tyra has any favoritism towards Saleisha?

1) Tyra: "Saleisha wants it more than anyone":

http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=154830

-

2) Tyra shows she her disdain towards Jenah, and her love for Saliesha:

http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=155865

Watch this cycle again from the very beginning and just pay close attention to what Tyra says about Saleisha, and it won't be hard to figure out who Tyra's secretly rooting for. From the very 1st episode "Saleisha is the girl I feel needs ANTM". To "She wants it so bad, I'm not sure if everybody wants it as much as she does."

O.T. - It's ok to have modeling experience prior to joining ANTM, but to be modeling for the Tyra Banks herself, the JUDGE and CREATOR of the ANTM show you're competing on, is totally something different.

It's really not that surprising that the ANTM contestant with at least 3 prior modeling experience & ties to the CREATOR/JUDGE of ANTM is going to be this cycle's ANTM.

P.S. Feel free to visit the lounge and chat with other ANTM fans here!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dzyres

[2]Dec 5, 2007
    • level: 7
    I don't think it is that serious and I have not seen Tyra showing nay favoritism to Saleisha, nor has it been mentioned by any of the other girs. Regardless of editing. If anything, they would have yped that up to show drama. It's not that serious. Saleisha is getting by like every one else.

VideoJill

[3]Dec 5, 2007

Dzyres wrote:
    If anything, they would have yped that up to show drama.
    They did.

As former ANTM contestant Kimberly stated in her MSN interview, the reason for the infamous Saleisha/Bianca fight in the 1st place was about "Saleisha's huge leg up with Tyra".

And yes, aside from the judges favoritism towards Heather at times, if you watch all the episodes over again, Tyra's favoritism to Saleisha is apparently obvious too, more so than any of the other girls.

Dzyres

[4]Dec 5, 2007

That was the first ep. Bianca biathches about everything , so that holds no weight.

I think everyone should just get over it. So what oif she had some experience. If Tyra thought she was perfect , wouldnt she be out there already in the big shows??? Why would she waste another person's spot for her tomodel. She probably sees her potential and gave her chance.

It's not that serious.

VideoJill

[5]Dec 5, 2007
    Dzyres wrote:
    That was the first ep. Bianca biathches about everything , so that holds no weight.

It was the 3rd episode. In fact I remember being on Saleisha's side about this until I read Kimberly's interview and Saleisha basically got so defensive of being asked about her prior modeling experience with Tyra that it became a yelling match.

Dzyres wrote:
    I think everyone should just get over it. So what oif she had some experience. If Tyra thought she was perfect , wouldnt she be out there already in the big shows??? Why would she waste another person's spot for her tomodel. She probably sees her potential and gave her chance.

Because it was Tyra herself that said this on the 1st episode and I quote, "I feel Saleisha NEEDS America's Next Top Model." Because Tyra herself knows her own show is going to make her protege, as you so put it "perfect".

Dzyres

[6]Dec 5, 2007

GET OVER IT!!!

OH and I hope she wins!

JoeyzPizza47

[7]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    If Saleisha has prior modeling experience, then you'd think she'd better than she is, compared to the girls who are just starting out. I will admit that she looks really good on the runway, but I like Jeneh more and I'd rather see her win. I would love for it to be Jeneh vs. Chantal, but CLEARLY Saleisha is going to win.

I have noticed that Saleisha can't seem to do anything wrong in the judges' eyes. I will give her credit for making that awful haircut work. Most girls on ANTM would cry every episode about it, but Saleisha worked with it and while it's ugly, she doesn't let the hair own her. So I give her points for that. But still...Jeneh all the way!!

1treehillfan

[8]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 45
    I have no doubt that the editing makes it seem worse but I aggree that Saliesha appears to be the judges favorite. It annoys me that she can do nothing wrong according to the judges. Saliesha was one of my very favorites during the first couple of weeks but now she annoys the daylights out of me!

neishababee

[9]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    it's just as easy to look back and find examples for favourtism towards HEATHER and CHANTAL so I think this is a moot point.

Syllkin

[10]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    Saleisha has had her fair share of criticisms. It would be unfair of Tyra to be extra harsh on Saleisha to make up for the fact that she knew her. Thus far she has deserved all the praise she has gotten IMO. I'm cheering for Jenah as well but don't try and diminish Saleisha's accomplishments simply because she went to Tyra's camp years ago.

VideoJill

[11]Dec 6, 2007
    Dzyres wrote:

GET OVER IT!!!

OH and I hope she wins!

Wow! What a comeback!

That's all you gotta say? LOL.

Last night's episode was another obvious episode with Tyra favoring Saleisha and saying nothing but criticism towards Jenah (Tyra has NEVER, not even once said a nice thing about Jenah towards the other judges in deliberation during this whole cycle, NEVER - watch all the episodes again and try to prove me wrong).

1treehillfan

[12]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 45
    neishababee-YOu are very right about the Heather part. I do think that Tyra has shown alot of favoritism towards Heather and I think thats why I stopped liking Heather. As I did with Saliesha after I noticed her being a judges favorite. I cant think of any examples that makes me think that she showed them towards Chantal. I am sure they are some but Chantel is just boring to me so I probably tuned it out

Dzyres

[13]Dec 8, 2007
    VideoJill wrote:
    Dzyres wrote:

GET OVER IT!!!

OH and I hope she wins!

Wow! What a comeback!

Last night's episode was another obvious episode with Tyra favoring Saleisha and saying nothing but criticism towards Jenah (Tyra has NEVER, not even once said a nice thing about Jenah towards the other judges in deliberation during this whole cycle, NEVER - watch all the episodes again and try to prove me wrong).

Dang right that is all I have to say. I made my point. You are all up on Saleisha like you have nothing better to do. Isn't this about your third post catering to her? For someone who seems to want her out so badly, you sure give the girl alot of attention.
    VIVA SALEISHA!!!! Get over it!!

VideoJill

[14]Dec 9, 2007
    Dzyres wrote:
    VideoJill wrote:
    Dzyres wrote:

GET OVER IT!!!

OH and I hope she wins!

Wow! What a comeback!

Dang right that is all I have to say. I made my point. You are all up on Saleisha like you have nothing better to do. Isn't this about your third post catering to her? For someone who seems to want her out so badly, you sure give the girl alot of attention. VIVA SALEISHA!!!! Get over it!!
    Did I strike a nerve there?

Dzyres

[15]Dec 9, 2007

Sweetheart you wish!

ViVa Saleisha!!!!!!

neishababee

[16]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 9

seriously though, why don't we just wait and see how it all plays out?

For all the research and hard work that goes into picking people for a reality show I'd eat my left foot if the people at ANTM didn't know about Saleisha's past experience.

And if other's found it so easier then I'm sure the producers etc found that and more. I really don't see the judges showing Saleisha any more favourtism than they do to Chantal or Heather anyway.

If Saleisha wins and they didn't know about this and they take the title from her then someone else will get it.

If Saleisha doesn't win then what difference does it make?

oh. and one more thing, go team saleisha!

Edited on 12/09/2007 12:44pm

n3xt_l3v3l

[17]Dec 9, 2007
    • level: 26
    Team Saleisha!

ellamoone

[18]Jan 13, 2011
    You are all pretty girlz! It's really up to the modeling contract people and Cover Girl who wins ultimately. Tyra did have an odd anti-Jenah thing going on though. Just sayin.