America's Next Top Model

New York City, Here We Come

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 27, 2008 on The CW

• So high school

Is it just me or was this episode one of the worst ever? This crop of girls is not as pretty as the rest and it seems that they have all been picked for their ability to stir up drama. There doesn't seem to be anyone that we can connect with at all. Fatima has a very sad story for sure, and it is nice to see that they are trying to get girls with some depth and ambition beyond self promotion. However, there is just something about her that seems unrelatable. I thought this week's photo shoot with the spin on homeless awareness was actually a good concept, but most of the girls didn't get it. They either looked like dead fish or they were posing and glamming it up to the point that they looked callous. I was surprised at how good many of the photos actually turned out because I really wasn't sure anyone had pulled that one off. Kim's exit was probably good. She was a little too mallrat for the show. She also seemed bored from the very beginning. Atalya getting voted off was also spot on. She was just too flighty and clueless. I don't have a lot of hope yet that this season will undo the damage done by last season. However, it might just surprise us.
  • I'm not sure about the girls on this cycle

The thing that disapoints me is that they just have too many girls with wierd personalities. Most of them are way to outgoing and crazy. I really wanted to see Amis go when it came down to the bottom two, but istead they sent home one of my favorites. In recent seasons I have lost confidence in the judges ability to select the girls. I do like the new judge, and I thought it was cool how they introduced her before they new she was a judge. It was interesting to see her go over the flaws of some of the girls. The homeless photo shot was a good topic, and it was interesting to see how girls like Marvita could realate to it.
  • first elimination episode,and it's okay,i think!

the fourteen chosen girls moves to new york!and everything is changed!
    now they get tyra mail from lcd,not mail anymore!
    and this time,i think all the girls at least now what they doing in this competition.(look at the runway,it's like they are pro!

this week photoshoot theme was the homeless people.i think it's cool,but it's not the best idea ever.

in judging room,they introduce to new judge,paulina poriskova.(she's totally outshining tyra,i think!)
    and miss jay wearing vest with their names in it.and every cut,she's/he's remove the name from the vest.(at least now ms.jay wearing something better than that freaky afro or flower)

unfortunately,this week ms jay had to remove two names.
    first is kimberly because she's quit.(i think that kinda stupid,but then again,yeah she's stupid.)
    but after kimberly quit,the girls has to face another elimination.and this week unlucky girls are amis and atalya because they are in the bottom two and atalya was sent home.

if you read my previous review,yeah, i voted for kim,whitney,and fatima.but now after kim is quit,and fatima become a b*tch i just vote for whitney.go whitney!!