America's Next Top Model

New York City, Here We Come

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Feb 27, 2008 on The CW

• So high school

Is it just me or was this episode one of the worst ever? This crop of girls is not as pretty as the rest and it seems that they have all been picked for their ability to stir up drama. There doesn't seem to be anyone that we can connect with at all. Fatima has a very sad story for sure, and it is nice to see that they are trying to get girls with some depth and ambition beyond self promotion. However, there is just something about her that seems unrelatable. I thought this week's photo shoot with the spin on homeless awareness was actually a good concept, but most of the girls didn't get it. They either looked like dead fish or they were posing and glamming it up to the point that they looked callous. I was surprised at how good many of the photos actually turned out because I really wasn't sure anyone had pulled that one off. Kim's exit was probably good. She was a little too mallrat for the show. She also seemed bored from the very beginning. Atalya getting voted off was also spot on. She was just too flighty and clueless. I don't have a lot of hope yet that this season will undo the damage done by last season. However, it might just surprise us.