America's Next Top Model

Friday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered May 20, 2003 In Season

kaybee29

America's Next Top Model Fan Reviews page 2 of 17

• Stop being a b....t Kristen

Kristen I think she being a b....t to people I want her to be kicked off!
  • wow... is this what it has come to

I always thought that ANTM began things i watched just cause it was a original now its like .....just another show what were they thinking. i never write reviews but as i watched this cycle im appalled these young ladies left school to maybe maybe win a game show what are you telling young ladies... if the show couldn't stay tru i think it should have just went away. Better to go away on top then to be forced out.
  • Dear Tyra

I watch all ur refund every week. One of my favorites is with the winner of Danny. But they seen to just keep repeating over and over the last five seasons. Please c if u can c about them showing some of the older shows also why cant u do an plus size show only an also why cony they call for older models why not do a show with older models we that r older would like a chance at an oppertunity to model too just cause ur older doesn't mean we cant do the job an that older women army interresred in fashion. Please give it a thought a serious thought. Thanks for considering my suggestions. Sincerely a fan since day one Candy
  • Get Rid of Reality TV

This show sucks
  • Dreams

Im a 13 year old girl and i have always wanted to be a model i watch your show. I have always wanted to be on the show and i thought would be good. I am 13 5'9" and i have wanted to be on the show scene i was 10 or 11. I have been practicing the walk and the booty tooch. So ya just wanted to tell you i am a big fan and would love to audition on your show. <3

your show is awesome who wouldn't wanna be on your show it looks so fun. :) also i have a question how old do you have to be t be on your show? post back or email me at kinleyrighter@gmail.com
  • Im getting disappointed

Im a 15 year old girl who dreams of being a model im 5'7 and have wanted to be on the show since i was 12. I will always watch the show, but im have a few issues with it.

I think the last cycle that i absolutely loved was probably cycle 14. ever since then the show really started going downhill. here are the reasons

1)The show used to be about modeling, now its about being a "star", I mean making them record a song is a bit dumb. I just want to see them model!

2)the judges, im sorry but they need Miss Jay, Paulina, Twiggy and basically evryone else before that. I am not a fan of this new judge Kelley.

3)Judgings used to be my favourite time because of the judging tests, its where we really got to see girls shine. But now i think the last judging test that they have done was in cycle 11 where they had to runway walk with clogs.

4)The photo shoots are not as interesting, or creative anymore. i remember when they would do the craziest stuff. I think one of my favourite photoshoots was the underwater one in cycle 13. i mean they never do that stuff anymore. They were close with the recent Macau tower one, but all they did was pose on the tower. even their outfits were a bit bland.

5)I really dislike how they cut it down to the final 2, i remember when it would be final 3 where they do cover girl, and then final 2 runway. not to mention that they dont look back at their photos at the end.

6) and the final thing is that i just want a normal cycle agian. where they do the casting episode (which is always super fun) and they select 14 girls from the u.s and they model. i mean now they are doing a college themed thing? i mean really. im sick of these themed cycles, i liked the petite cycle theme. but really where is the pureness of the show

• Plus Size?

Tyra, why dont you do a plus size show, the skinny girls are not the only beautiful women out there. Plus size girls are too. i'm plus size and i love your show, don't get me wrong it is amazing. But i do believe that big women are beautiful just like the tiny girls. I'm a big girl, and being a model is any girls dream. Even one of mine. I'm 16, i feel though as if models can only be "Skinny" , thats the way all modeling shows or performances put it out. Please if you could email me @ Adrianne.skinner@yahoo.com. I would love to maybe have your thoughts on this idea. Thanks.
  • Next Season

TYRA I THINK YOU SHOULD DO A SEASON FOR ALL PLUS SIZE MODELS! YOU HAVE DONE ONE FOR THE SHORTER MODELS, AND THE BRITISH SO WHY NOT TRY ONE FOR ALL PLUS SIZE?
  • For the Fashion Enthusiast

What's NOT to like about this show?! You get to travel around the world with the silliest judges, the talented Tyra, and get to see the best in fashion and photography. I am a fan of both, so this show is definitely a hit for me. Being a model is not easy, but most of these models are very versatile! Keep it coming!
  • QUESTION?????

Tyra, PLEASE where did y'all get the booty tooch panties? They looked real, and you just don't know how how much this would mean to be able to get them.

• Remember when?

Remember when, once upon a time, ANTM was about modeling? Of course, there has always been the reality show element to add the drama we secretly crave, but season's 17 and 18 of this show have gone way down hill. They don't even pretend to find models anymore, now it's more about finding the next big reality star. Yawn...
  • question

dear tyra,

im a almost 16 years old and i am only 5"2. its my dream to become a model. i watch Americas next top model every chance i get, which isnt a lot because i moved to israel almost 3 years ago. i lived in america for 8 years before moving back. is there any way i could get on your show when i am 18 even though i wont be taller than 5"5. if there is any way i could i would be a dream come true.

please e-mail me back if theres a chance my dreams could come true.

beamqueen08@gmail.com
  • Question.

Dear Tyra,

I am sixteen years old but only 5'0 and may not grow any taller. I have wanted to be a model for years and wish to be on the show. I watched the season where you had the 5'7 and shorter and I was curious as to if there would be a way to get on the show when I'm eighteen at the size of 5'0 without any trouble.

If you can give me any information it would be a pleasure to hear from you on my e-mail: let_it_rock_baby@Yahoo.com thank you for your time.
  • Question?

Tyra how old do you have to be to go on your show to be a model ? Please Tyra if you read this email me at ridn4wheel@yahoo.com
  • Not like most reviews I've read!

I watch occasionally just because I like to see how the makeup & clothes can remake the girls and how different they are as they act & model.

To me this is what is so interesting! I don't like it that this show as well as other shows like "Trading Places" feel they have to keep adding stuff like drama scenes hoping to make the show(s) more interesting. The drama can be done away with - but maybe it's just me -

As for this show - I was greatly disappointed on the two were were on the bottom. I honestly do not care much for the two chosen first. I feel that the bottom two were more realistic, more real people who can model and act.

• Hmmmmm, I can't help but watch this!

But if I am honest, it's only to watch the dumb "contestants" and hope one of them falls over/out of a bus/collapses (again).

Sick? Yeah, I guess so, I don't profess to be anything else.
    Going to hell? Yeah yeah. I am. So I may as well get some enjoyment out of life before it happens ;)

Anyway, back to the show. Reams and reams of skinny, ugly "girls" back to become the next big thing (before being knocked off by the next, next big thing that is).

We're in the 11th "cycle" (series? season? nah, that word makes it sound like a production line) now and it's getting old - as is Tyra, although she seems pretty genuine at times.

Miss Jay ... not sure what to make of him (her?) but it is amusing to hear some of its comments.

Mr Jay, well, I like his silver hair and again, he pulls some very funny expressions, especially when the models simply ignore him.

As for Nigel and the rest (Paulina Pizzaroniface) not a lot to say about them :p

Overall, worth watching just for the girls falling over.
  • Love it

Love, love, love America's next top model. It is amazing that these girls are willing to put themselves out therw like that. I have watched AMNT off and on since it came on and everytime I have, it has been great. Tyra hit a jackpot. She is gives the girls the guidance they need to make it in the beauty industry and she speaks from experience. It is also great to see the girls react to the feedback that they are given. Hello girls! They are trying to help you, and they speak from experience, quit being so bull headed and listen to them!
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Problem is there aren't any real men on the panel of judges. I applaud the woman who left because the wouldn't cut her hair any further.

Perhaps the sitting judges wont be happy til they get a bunch of men to put make-up on and grow there hair out and walk down the runway. As it is half the women they have look like men in drag the other half they try as hard as they can to make them look like men.. yeah chop all their womanly hair off. Contempt? Maybe just a little. Lock me up. Shame on you. You need some real men sitting on that panel that way you won't get a bunch of woman that look like ten year old boys from behind walking down the runway. If you going to make one girl cut all her hair off you should make them all cut it off. Very unfair. I for one won't be watching any more episodes of Gay America's Next Top Model"!
  • AMERICA'S NEXT BIG BULLIES!The panel is simply vile has beens who are jealous of the new young talent. They take great pleasure in abusing the girls.

Tyra and her gang humiliate,dominate & bully the models into taking their clothes off or gewtting ridiculous short haircuts and awful dye jobs because it makes good tv to see the girls cry.Tyra herself forgets her old mammy went with her to all her auditions (she says this on her talk show anyway-of course the truth and Tyra parted ways long ago) was her manager & would have never allowed Tyra to be bullied and forced into doing anything against her will & that would take years to repair.Long beautiful hair takes years to grow and there really is no valid reason for every season to have girls in tears and cut for not allowing themselves to be abused and bullied.Who the heck is that FREAK Miss Jay Alexander to tell ANYONE ANYTHING about looks....Buckwheat on crack! I just refuse to watch the show any longer although some roomies do so I see snips and the bullies are still at it. Tyra is a self important camera hog. I commend any girl who walks off the show standing up for her own views. What difference is this abuse to the old casting couch? "You either do as I say or you'll never be a star".... It's just rape in another way and all for ratings. Tyra Banks is a has been and she's got fat, flabby and mean. She's a disgrace!
  • Good show, just not recently.

America's Next Top Model is another one of those shows where they take a bunch of nobodies, and they try to become somebody in some industry/occupation.

It definitely started out as a good show, especially the first 4 or 5 cycles. But from there, I feel like it's just been getting gradually worse.

One thing is, the girls are just not as exciting/interesting anymore, and that makes the show forgettable.

Also, the judges are just so UGH! I mean Nigel used to be a good judge back in the early cycles, but now he's gotten full of himself, and is an arrogant jerk who thinks he's better than everyone, except Tyra of course. No one can be better than Tyra. At least not while Tyra is still the host of this show.

Maybe it's the fact that the only time we really see Tyra anymore, is in the opening credits, during the pictures/clips before judging, and during judging, is what makes me just not like her anymore. It's almost the same thing as with Nigel, she's gotten full of herself. And instead of having the show be about aspiring models, it's more about her, and how she's breaking down stereotypes, and what she's doing to make the world a better place, etc., etc.

I remember in the first couple of cycles, when she would interact with the girls, get to know them, they would get to know her, and she would teach them something. What sticks out in my mind right now, was in cycle 2 during the 'portray famous actresses' shoot, Tyra was there coaching the girls, actually helping them learn, and to take better photos.

That's another thing, the photo shoots seem to have gotten less interesting. Maybe they ran out of good ideas, but on some, like this cycle's 'Ellis Island immigrant' shoot, the concept was good, but the execution of it didn't turn out as well as it could have.

They really need to bring back the judging tests as well. Those tests were a great way for the judges to see the model's potential, and gave them something else to base there decision off of, instead of only the picture, and what they see every week at judging.
    The judging test during cycle 7, with the verb and adverb, CariDee's 'hide dizzily' was absolutely brilliant! Also, Cycle 5's test where there were three objects and the girls had to do an endorsement, editorial/high fashion, and commercial. Something like that had spark, and made the show, just that much more interesting.

While it seems like I'm just bashing the show, don't get the wrong impression. This show is definitely in my Top Ten favorites, and I think that it's absolutely amazing. But I guess I'm just nostalgic for some of the elements of the older cycles. But the change is part of the show, so I just have to live with it. My personal opinion is that the show was better before some of the changes, it seemed more real. It used to be more about modeling, but now it's focused more on ratings, and what makes good TV, while at the same time has controversial written all over it, and will attract more viewers.

But overall, I really do love this show, and hope it continues to amaze me cycle after cycle. But if it doesn't (for some unfortunate reason), then at least we can still look back at the earlier cycles, and remind ourselves of how good it used to be.
  • I happened to be a guest at the home of a friend and therefore kind of captive audience to this program. I am amazed that anyone would watch it voluntarily. The model subjects were subjected to hideous costumes in a perverted birdnest backround.

Banks ought not to pretend to be a photographer. The poses she put her subjects through were miserably done. The models are all basically attractive, however the props and poses removed any chances of displaying their beauty. The final insult was to remove the very most attractive model from the group. I was in a group of both male and female and all were amazed that the prettiest woman was selected to leave. I am proud to proclaim that I will never watch again. And will shame anyone I know of wasting their time by doing so.
  • One word: WOW.

1.5
    This show is a total disgrace to all girls who are beautiful on the inside and out! Tyra is a control freak who commands girls to do ridiculous things, like dress in hideous outfits or get awful haircuts. Why? Because they'll look uglier compared to her? What's wrong with her? It takes at LEAST 10 years to grow long, silky, beautiful, full-of-body hair, and she's going to force girls to snip it all off? This show doesn't choose the most beautiful, nor does it radiate ANYONE'S beauty except for Tyra's, because she's the only one looking decent in the end!

Speaking of "nor does it radiate anyone's beauty except Tyra's," who on the PLANET hired Jay Alexander to judge BEAUTY???

This show is horrible in my opinion. The only reason it gets a 1.5 is because it's still standing. Somehow. When it gets cancelled (which it probably will VERY soon), it'll definitely get a 1.
  • This show is really interesting. Heather Kuzmich was the greatest model that was ever on America's Next Top Model. She is a hero to many.

America's Next Top Model is a really interesting television show. Albeit, I am only hear to say that Heather Kuzmich was the greatest model that was ever on America's Next Top Model. Her beauty is not only timeless and something we can recognize now, as we did when we first experienced it. Heather Kuzmich is also a hero to many, she proves that no matter the obstacles you must overcome in your life, beauty can still shine forth if you let it shine. I would watch this show if there were more models who were like Heather Kuzmich, however she is one of a kind and while I might respect this show and find it an interesting program, it does not inspire me the way that Heather did in the past. Perhaps this show never will have another Heather, she was one of a kind.
  • I completely adore the show, the judges and Tyra is Ms. Fabulous of course!! Wish they would air the other cycles each week!

I am the hugest fan of the show and have watched every episode so many times. Every week I am watching. HOWEVER, my only wish is that they would start to air the older seasons once a week instead of the same like 3 cycles over and over each week for most of the day. come on! lets get some of the other cycles on. would love to watch cycles 1-3, it has been forever!!
  • How do I delete my reviews?

How do I delete my reviews?

• America's next top model....

Love the models, but certainly do dislike watching Tyra act and behave like she is a super queen and that people need to kiss her feet. She ruins the whole show for me. She is so arrogant! She still thinks she is 18. The modeling business is just plain cruel I guess, and when you watch the way Tyra treats others, you are left to wonder how these girls will end up in twenty years also. Many are so beautiful but that is not all there is to life.

• Nothing beats the original.

I always quite liked this show. The shoots have always been quite interesting without repeating itself. I started to re-watch from the beginning and it is very nice that you can see the show grow. Even though this show does not air anymore in my country, the local spin-offs do not measure up to the original. A charismatic hostess, interesting jury-members that you love to hate and drama queens that could only happen in America. This show still has "It", and I hope they won't lose that for a long while.

• This show has everything!

This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!This show has everything - pace, glamour and Tyra Banks!

• Finding America's next top model from the ghetto.

Tyra Banks hits a home run with this reality show! full of drama and fashion. the drama and the arguments keep you coming back from week to week. Janice Dickenson needs to be more ojective as a judge. I love Jay manuel! Glad that the public doesn't get to vote on who becomes the top model. I think Eva was a mistake and Yaya should have been in season 3.
  • It's a guilty pleasure, but has a lot of flaws,

America's next top model is a fun show to watch because of the character dynamics and the awesome photo shoots, but the product placement and judging weighs it down. Tyra Banks is the most annoying person EVER. The product placement is not subtle at all and appears in EVERY episode which is difficult to stomach. Advice given from the judges is hard to understand and this is clear from the girls reactions to it. Lisa D'mato a contestant from cycle 5 has said that the judges don't give good advice and already have their favorites picked from the start. The show also promotes everything superficial, yes in a modeling show this is what we all would come to expect, but little things like changing an accent or filling in a gap tooth that a person loves. it's ok.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10