America's Next Top Model

Friday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered May 20, 2003 In Season

kaybee29

America's Next Top Model Fan Reviews page 9 of 17

• Tyra Banks is host for America\'s Next Topmodel and it\'s getting harder and harder to stay on it for the contestants.

I used to like this show but it\'s not on here anymore and it has gotten slightly boring but I used to watch it. I liked how they all went through all kinds of photoshoots. Some of the contestants are just snobby and boring to watch. I watched it when Nicole became America\'s next Topmodel and that was the best one I think since then it\'s been rather boring to watch and it\'s like going downhill fast but I didn\'t put it as that in the classification. I think Midly Interesting is a good way of putting what the show is.
  • Trendsetter, literally Tyra, does an amazing job taking her experience from being a model and shares it with these contestants. Contestants will face the real deal with learning how to deal with facial expressions,and criticism!!Do they have what it takes

I love this show soooo much!! Just from what all the judges, designers and the photographers know what to do with this girls, really makes me feel that they know what they\'re doing. Modeling is very tough, I have actually modeled for a couple ads myself. It seems that it\'s all them though, and it\'s their job to pick their facial expression that suprises the judges. In my opinion alot of girls that were sent home should have stayed onto the next round, insted of the ones that stayed without being eliminated. Almost every shot or task they have to do catches my eye and you get to see the creative side of these girls. One of my favorite shoots would have to be the one when the were making the Astrology Calender, the designers got creative with that one!! Good job!!
  • I watched the show initially to get insights into the modeling industry, now it seems like it's mostly about the arguments between contestants. I'm quickly losing interest.

I got hooked on the series around the second cycle because I have a daughter who is starting out in the modeling industry. This is all new for us and my husband and I felt the show gave us some insights into what the business was like. I know this is a "reality" show, but the last few cycles it seems more and more of the show is about the cat fights, and less and less is on the modeling. Maybe that is what most viewers want. What I enjoyed was getting a peek into the business. Now it seems like an ever smaller portion of the show deals with that.
    I really do enjoy the -where are they now recaps- hearing what has happened with the contestants after the show (cycle)ended.
  • This show is about 13 girls who have been chosen from all over America, to be America's Next Top Model.

America's Next Top Model, or ANTM, is a show simply about girls wanting to model. I thought it would be the stupid, but it was amazing. I really got into this week, as it was non stop on VH1. Each episode usually contains a challenge, a photoshot, and a personal evaluation challenge. They are really catchy ad fun to go along with. I like picking a character or 2 that I follow. I get really sad when they get eliminated. From the last cycle I like CariDee and Amanda. I happy that CariDee made it all the way! It is seriously a cool show though.
  • Catty girls fighting to be another NEXT top model.

I think the above description sums up the show just fine. Just add the word, "drama," and the Tyra Banks Show, excuse me, I mean, America's Next Top Model is summed up perfectly.

The show takes some pretty and some awfully homely looking girls and tries to transform them into models, not just commercial/bland models, but designer models. Apparently, there is a difference between the two types. A commercial model does print work, which is bad, and a designer model does runway work, which is good. Are these my opinions? No. They are Tyra's. But, in all honesty, the show is such a guilty pleasure and is so fun to watch these catty girls argue that it makes up for any downside that Tyra adds to the show. It is rather cool to see how the makeup artists can transform normal looking girls into actual models. Moreover, the pictures that the photographers take are usually quite good.
  • This show is very informative & really inspiring. It gives everyone who dreams of being a model or even if you’re just interested in the industry a good idea of what you should expect in modeling. It's not just about having a pretty face.

It teaches you to believe in what you can do no matter what that is. In life you must have confidence, drive & the tenacity to not give up no matter what obstacles are thrown in your life and not just in modeling. Like Tyra said "You are in control of your destiny." Sometimes even if you don't achieve your ultimate dream you always can learn and that ultimately is what life is all about. No matter what size, color, shape, or ethnic background you come from. Be strong, love and trust in yourself. No one can take that away!
  • This show follows a group of aspiring supermodels who go through challenging tasks and photo shoots for fourteen weeks in order to decide who will become America's Next Top Model.Each week one contestant is eliminated by a panel of fashion icons.

This show is set apart from similar but mediocre shows by it's fast moving, energetic pace and fun-loving host Tyra Banks. It provides a very interesting and informative insight into the world of modelling and fashion. The show is well layed out in that every week you see the contestants faced with a photo shoot, challenge, panel task and judging designed to replicate the trials and obstacles they will come up against as independent models.

This show is entertaining, addictive and sometimes downright hilarious and sure to please those with even a mild interest in fashion or the world of modelling.
  • Real body types

7.9
    Why does a model need to be tall? Who decided that to be beautiful you need to be tall? There are many beautiful things that come in small packages. I mean who has ever heard of a famous petite model? Maybe the next America\\\'s Top Model should include all body types? P.S. I do not mean to sound rude, I am just a petite woman and think that our size is overlooked.
  • What I think you Should Do Tryra To Make A Interesting Show.

7.2
    Tyra I Think You Should make A teen american Next Top Model Show And I Would Love To be In It My Name Is Shatara Farmer AKA Peaches I Am 13 Years Old And My mom email Adreess Is Roshellefarmer@yahoo.com. I would Love For you To Contact me ASAP Tyra By The WAy Love Your Hair And Your Smooth Skin.It Is Very Important what I thik You Should Do please Contact me.
  • this show is really good. i had never hear

i had never heard of americas next top model the first time i saw it, when i was flipping channeks and it caught my eye. ever since then, i have been hooked. to the re-runs, anyways.

this show can be pretty inspiring sometimes for people who want to be models, and very informative. the photoraphs are the best parts. you get to kind of see where to ads in magazines come from, and what is behind it all.

the only negative thing in it is how b*tchy some of the girls can be. im more partial to the "silent but deadly" ones that keep to themselves, and shock people with their talents.
  • Hello Tyra I love your show and love what are you doing as a African American. You are a prominent renaissance female. As a male model I would love to see Americas Next Top Model. Please let me know about idea and your thoughts. Thanks

I love the show it definitely is the hottest model show ever. By having an icon such as Tyra Banks makes the show much more interesting. She is a true inspiration to female models and has a great way to depict what it takes to be a model in America.
  • Umm yeah OK.

This show isn't the best show on tv. And if you think it is, then you need to go watch something else. This show hasn't been that big to me, I watch this show if I'm bored or if the show that I'm watching is on a commercial. So I guess if this show is gonna for me they are gonna have to something better. Like turn it up a notch. Now I'm pretty sure that Tyra is the runner of the show, and she is doing a pretty good job. This show just needs that special something. That's it.
  • basically it\'s just a variety of girls, wanting to be a model, competing for the chance at making their dreams come true.

7.4
    truthfully i never thought i would end up liking this show but i do. it was that last season that made me like it even more. you know, the one where caridee ended up winning and becoming america\'s next top model instead of melrose who definitely deserved it? yeah, you can tell that i don\'t like melrose not winning. she deserved to win and be america\'s next top model more than caridee or anyone else she was competing it. melrose and brooke were my favorites, by the way. anyway. i do like this show and it made me, i guess, respect modeling more and how hard it is and how fun it can be and it made melike fashion even more than i already did. alright i\'m rambling. yeh, i like this show. yayayayayay. haha.
  • A competition where women from the U.S. compete for the honor of being America's next top model.

America's Next Top Model sends 13 women from around the United States down the runway in the hopes of being crowned America's Next Top Model and winning a $100,000 contract with Cover Girl Cosmetics, a contract with Ford Models, and a fashion spread in Elle magazine.

Each week, another model hopeful is eliminated in a competition. Judges Tyra Banks, Twiggy, J. Alexander, Nigel Barker, and Jay Manuel rate the contestants on runway ability and appearance in photographs. Between being photographed and walking the runway, the contestants make friends and enemies with one another, adding to the show's drama.

While America's Next Top Model promotes some less-than-positive images of women (cattiness, value based on physical appearance), the competition aspect of the show is entertaining, and viewers are likely to find some of the characters interesting and engaging.

The competition features contestants from a variety of ethnic groups and socio-economic backgrounds. Several of the contestants talk about coming from difficult backgrounds and see modeling as a way to overcome their circumstances. This nod to diversity is definitely a step forward and has the potential of creating talking points for parents and teens -- highlighting the very different and unique faces of beauty.

While viewers are likely to be entertained by America's Next Top Model, parents can expect some offensive language during fights, as well as some problematic messages about women and their bodies. But for mature teens, it's a peek into the fashion world and an absolute guilty pleasure.
  • Dramality is taken to a new level as 13 loveable and hateable girls are put through the modeling world! Only one will win! Americas Next Top Model is...

Weather you're a teenage boy looking to see some hot girls, someone ohnestly interested in fashion or just looking for some good reality TV, this is the show for you. Ex Super Model Tyra Banks, Original "IT" girl Twiggy,Runway Diva and not to mention hileriouse Ms Jay and noted Fashion Photographer Nigel Barker make up the team of judges who will decide witch girl will have her dreams smashed each week, don't rely on them though because they've been known to make some ridiculously insane decisions. 13 girls compete to hold the title of Americas Next Top Model, only 1 can win. One thing is for sure "Yes there will be cat fights!"
  • Brie's mess up

Brie is a beautiful young lady. She has a nice figure and face. I was surprise to hear what came out of her mouth and the words she used made me glad they were edited before it was aired to tv. She seems to be very smart, but she messed up a couple of times doing the commerical. I think that is something that could happen it is not like she does commerials everyday. I know Tyra expects a lot out of them but that is the career the models choose and the have to fake it until they make it and unfortunately Brie did not make it.
  • Every "Cycle" Tyra banks and her panel of judges decides who had the guts to become a model. Putting each contestant through their paces and making sure they know what they are getting themselves into.

3.6
    LOL! I watch thii show just for the complete stupidity on the wanna-be models side. First they become friends with some one that they auditioned with, then when there isnt very many girls left, the friendship starts to wear thin and its only then that these model wanna-bes realise that this is a competition not a party. Its a good show if you are looking for a laugh on a rainy day. Its kind of weird what they put these girls through; posing with tigers, spiders, men, rollerskates. Its all so classic. Some of the girls they have on there are really stunnung but when they cry about lost makeup or something materialistic about that its hard not to laugh. All in all, the show isnt that bad, but dont get hooked on it.
  • I love this show, I've been watching since cycle 2 and just can't get enough! If you're a fan of fashion this is the show for you.

I love this show, I've been watching since cycle 2 and just can't get enough! If you're a fan of fashion this is the show for you (I only watch it for the fashion and makeup, I can't stand how dumb most of the girls are!) It's so interesting to see their crazy makeup and outrageous photo shoots. I also like that they travel to other countries so we can see the fashion and culture there.
    The only part of this show I don't like is the girls can get annoying and there is always going to be one girl you can't stand who gets far.
  • Terrible. THese shows with the exception of some like Jackass, Wildboys, and shows like that are completely gay. There\\\\\\\'s really no point in them. They suck and are on for 1 season.

1.4
    America\\\\\\\'s Next Top Model is ridiculus. Who the h3ll care about the next model? The show is about a bunch of ugly girls put into a house where they, fight, curse, and compleat stupid chalenges with \\\\\\\"guys\\\\\\\" taking their pictures. The girls look like men, and when I last checked, a model was supposed to be pretty. And the contestants are the dumbest, washed up people that go on it just for the money. Who would really want to become a model off this show? I have never seen one do anything with their job as a model at all. I\\\\\\\'ve nover even hear of any of them. This show along with the rest like it are retarded.
  • I just started watching Top Model during Cycle 7 and im hooked!

I love this show! its soo good and im glad CariDee won.. i hated Melrose she was such a brat and thought she was the best... CariDee was herself all throughout the competition and didnt make 1 enemy except Melrose... she is so pretty too... I just love everything about her.. i hope to see her doing something good in her modeling life. Although i dont like Tyra that much i love her show... some of the photo shoots are a little drastic like the bull one and the freezing cold pool water... but i still love the show... I felt so bad for the models who were freezing their butts off in that pool... Tyra was so stupid to make the water that cold... someone couldve gotten major sick like way worse than what CariDee had... and the bull was stupid.. how could she put the models in that kind of danger.. the bull couldve like killed them... I love Tyra's show but not really her....
  • excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent show i just love it, so much things that are just so good and people that want to be a model its awesome but they should do americas next male top model that whould be cool thanks for the attention goodbye

this show is a very very very good show i would love it if there was a americas next male model that would be nice i just love the show its so awesome i love every winner my favorite from all the season ive seen them all is Eva and CariDee those two are my favortie they should do a challenge over here in puerto rico that should be cool so yeah i give this show a big big 9.9 the reason it doesnt have americas next male top model they should do it thanks for your attention good bye.
  • Pretty good show.

America's next top model is s pretty good show. I find myself watching it whenever I'm bored. I'm not a big fan of drama like they have in the house, but I like the modeling part. The challenges are funny and sometimes really cool. Tyra banks is a great host and I get a laugh out of the judges. This show is good because you don't really miss much if you miss an episode. I used to watch it a lot in the earlier seasons but now I'm not as interested. Pretty good show anyway you should watch when their's not much else on.
  • grrr

4.5
    I actually can NOT believe that Caridee was picked over Melrose!! Are you actually kidding me? I will NEVER watch America's Next Top Model AGAIN! I'm pretty sure no one I know will either. That was so rediculous!! It's like Tyra chose who she wanted to win from the beginning.."Jaeda, your picture sucks a** again this week but we're gonna keep you around..you have potential"..I honestly thought Eugena was gonna go home like RIGHT away..but no, she stayed..until the bottom 3! Melrose was the only reason SO many people even watched this season. Never Again
  • I am very sad that you have picked Caridee and not Melrose as now my daughter and I will never watch america's next top model again. We were really disappointed that you picked some one who is spacey then someone who knows how to walk down a runway.

2.1
    Even in every show melrose at been told by every one she went to that she new what she was doing. It really goes to show that all you have to do to win this show is be a cry baby and spacey and i really do not want my daughter seeing that. This is just my opioion and probaly doesn't mean anything but I just want to voice it and let you know that maybe the next show you might pick someone who actually knows what they are doing. Thanks I will never know.
  • I don't know why I watch this show? Every week I get made at Tyra or one of the girls, but I keep coming back. For some strange reason I find it interesting.

6.3
    I don't know why I watch this show every week. Tyra is getting on my nerves! She thinks shes some much better than everyone else and it so rude to the girls, when shes talking about their pictures and when she's sending a girl home. And what is with that one judges hair? I mean come on! What do you actually think you look good?? Someones needs to stuff a sock in Melrose's mouth and send her packing! She is completly rude and a total captial B witch!! I seriously hope she doesn't win, but for some reason the Bi**h always wins these types of competitions. I think Caridee should win!

Some of the things they have these girls do is SUPID! What was the point of having the girls in freezing water?? Talk about a law suit! This show really needs to get some new judges! I don't understand what they see in some of the girls they kept and why they sent home some girls that were better! I mean what is with Anchal? She doesn't look like any kind of model! She should have been sent home wat before AJ and Brooke!
  • World renowned super model Tyra Banks places 12 girls into a house as they compete in fashion related competitions in order to achieve the coveted title of \"America\'s Next Top Model\".

I decided to classify this show as a \"trendsetter\" because up until this program (and soon after Heidi Klum\'s \"Project Runway\") there never was a detailed look into the life of an aspiring supermodel. Sure, there had been VH1 and E! Hollywood True Stories following the destructive pathes of famous runway divas (drugs, alcohol, the works), but no reality show had decided to take such a poignant look at this billion dollar industry.

The girls who are involved with this program are thrust into the hardships that the modeling world has to offer: complex shoots, on-the-spot interviews with a panel of widely known judges, and most of all the inner demons a model has to face while traveling on their career path. Topics such as eating disorders, infidelity issues, and overall the high demandingness the fashion life thrusts upon an impressionable 20 year old as to who they should want to be.

This show is obviously tailored towards the young female demographic. We live vicariously through the experiences we see on such reality programming. But hey, if you have a boyfriend or male friends who would more than enjoy seeing attractive girls in sexy clothing, then tell them to tune in, there sure is a lot of it.
  • It ain't about being pretty.

Tyra makes it look easy to be beautiful, but modeling is hard work. Drawing from her own career, Tyra devises technical, mental and emotional challenges for the contestants that test their will and determination. How well can you walk on gravel in high heels? Ever try posing with a tarantula on your face?

Judges fiercely tear the aspiring models apart, comparing bone structure, runway skills and eating habits. One contestant was voted off because she was sick and missed a photo shoot. This competition is as much about psychological stamina as it is about physical endurance and if you don't have what it takes to be a model, then you're gone.

Each week is an exercise in dedication, as the girls take in what the judges have to say and put their best face forward.

Kudos to Tyra for showing us the rigors of modeling.
  • Americas next top model is Americas new guilty pleasure. Thirteen aspiring models audition to be Americas next top model. Created by former Super model Tyra Banks in 2003, the show has become one of the top rated shows on Prime time television.

Ever since its debut in 2003 I have not missed a single episode. I am completely addicted. There is something interesting about watching these girls compete to be Americas next top model. Although I Tivo Americas next top model every week, I am disappointed in the type of girls Tyra chooses to compete. Half the girls that are chosen to be on the show have no chance at all, the girls that do have what it take are voted off before the girls that dont, and the recent top model winners are not at all top model material. The first season was great with Adrianne Cury, she was awesome. I think Mercedes should have won season 2 and the competition was fierce in the end because the best of the best made it to the finals. It was down hill from there when they voted plus size Tocara out and chose cant-model-worth-a-damn Anne. Tocara deserved to stay hands down and the reason Tyra said she voted her off the show was wack! Anyways, from that season on te show lacks its original Luster for putting top girls into a competition for the title of Americans next top model.
  • This show is sooo great!

I really want eugena to win becuse first i wanted caridee but then she got annoying and plus she was bad in One Tree Hill. i wanted the twins to go because they never really wanted it. Melrose wants it so badly that she really deserves it but shes not getting better she is just average. ANd everyone around her are becomeing intense compition. So next week is the season finale and i cant wait. It will be so amazing and i can't wait. WHen they judge the final thing i think they will choose eugena which is fine with me.
  • I have watched many shows because there are hot chicks, but the lameness cancels out the hot chicks on this show.

I actually watched this show or at least part of it a few times. I saw some of last night. I thought the twins were cute, that is the type of girl I think is hot. I never realized how much Tyra Banks was into herself. She put all these chicks in a house, and put her picture all over the place, that's a pretty big ego, how full of yourself can you be. I really don't watch some aging models, drag queens, and stuff like that. I understand I'm not there demographic, even though there are alot of guys who watch shows like that just to see. Not to be pervs or anything but just to check it out.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13