America's Next Top Model

Friday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered May 20, 2003 In Season

kaybee29

America's Next Top Model Fan Reviews (488)

• A low brow show for low IQs

0.0
    So, this is what you get when you showcase a group of vapid, silly little girls. A program that glorifies anorexia, bulimia, a three pack per day smoking habit, and needle tracks up 90 pound waifs' forearms. Ah, but they do have talent, don't they? Watch the 85 IQ average teenie tarts galloomph there way to riches and fame. And doing it all with an attitude that would embarrass Terrell Owens. Oh, well, I guess that's what America has come to, a place where nitwits and bimboes dream of fame and riches by deforming their bodies. Because they sure aren't going to win Fulbrights or Rhodes Scholarships.
  • Racial comments toward Tyra&about winners always being dark brings up race as usual.The judges helped.Nicole flubbed the commercial,never won CoverGirl of the week,any challenges.They said she needed to get a personality;took pretty pictures but told othe

0.0
    They did just what the Ms America contest did when Blacks won several years in a row-the sponsors threatened to pull out. It was a business decision.-not hardcore race issues-just subtle. Such is America and life. Nik is professional, a quiet strength, unique - That's what makes a top model.
  • CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP,CRAP

0.0
    This finale was the worst that could ever be aired. I am totally disappointed by the results. I just want to know if Tyra and her "crew" knew what they were doing because it's obvious that they don't have taste themselves for chosing.On top of that Nicole IS NOT pretty. Keep America's next top model off air..Thank you
  • I can't believe Nicole won over Nic. What the hell were they thinking? I'm so mad I could throw my T.V. out the window. Nicole messed up her commercial and her personality is weak. How is she going to manage in the modeling world. I am so pissed right now

0.0
    I can't believe Nicole won over Nic. What the hell were they thinking? I'm so mad I could throw my T.V. out the window. Nicole messed up her commercial and her personality is weak. How is she going to manage in the modeling world. I am so pissed right now.
  • Never seen the show for more than 5 seconds... so not sure

0.0
    Oh god, I think I might shoot myself just getting this review to be longer than 50 words... I saw this once while channel flipping (it was during a commercial, and the commercial was long... give me a break) I saw maybe 3 or 4 seconds of it, and from what I found out, the show is about people with severe eating disorders trying to make money... or something like that, god it was awful.
  • Should be retitled "Not another Reality Show"

0.0
    A friend and I figured out why reality TV is so popular nowadays, its because the idiot writers do not have to write any scripts or hire any good actors. This show is a fine example of stupid television. Reality TV is a waste of time, and this show proves my theory that people like to degrade themselves for cash. This is absolute crap TV.
  • A pointless reality show if there ever was one.

0.0
    Okay so I've never watched the show but by the look of it, it seems like one of the worst TV shows since the American Coupling. It is just an excuse for silly, skinny, going nowhere in life bimbos to get their 15 minutes of fame before the world forgets about them completely and we never hear from them again. Reality shows now are a cheap way to get viewers and with a new one every month you can be sure to find a bad one but this one takes the crown. Stop watching it right now, watch some proper TV, and lets you ever liked this poor excuse for a show.
  • Ohh..We're so pretty, aren't we?

0.0
    Bottom line....who cares? This is another of the bottom feeding reality shows littering the airwaves. A bunch of girls fighting it out over who's the prettiest? Last season with that loud-mouthed Janice Dickenson, proved that America will watch anything.

It's sad to see Tyra Banks stoop to an all time career low giving out snaps "girl you brought it on!"....Come on...again who really cares? Tyra's cliche dialogue sounds rehearsed. This tripe is another reason why larger women feel excluded in our society. It glorifies the image of rail thin women over "real" women. These girls are pretty to be sure but to prance it out on a reality show is sad. It's also pitiful that it goes on another season. If the first winner was "The" top model in America, why do another season? This "Idol" clone is poorly conceived and gives one another reason to toss the T.V. out the window
  • complete waste of time how can people watch women model clothes its just sooooo boring and to think they get payed at least up to 1000 dollars for this!!

0.0
    rachel hunter trying to present made me laugh i think that was the best part. Along with watching most of the models cring over being booted out why would you cry over not being chosen for that rubbish. They should know better that they shouldn't cry over modelling you should cry over losing out on money!!
  • Complete waste of my time because, I belive in being fair, it your not going to be fair, then don,t have a show, and pretend to people, that your doing the right thing on how you are choseing your contests, not when a blind man can see that your right.

0.3
    Trya I have seen you wareing glasses, honey keep them on, because you know, and I know, and everyone else know,s that Nic should have won, I am so dissapointed in you and this show, you of all people, I said well she know,s how backstabing the bussiness is, and here you go, we will never watch your show agian, and you know what they say, what goes around comes around.I belive you are going to see a drastic drop in your rateings, because everyone I talk to say how Nic was cheated, yes and I do mean Cheated! this was not right, not right at all.
  • I am not taking away from Nicole's beauty but in no way should she have beaten Nic. Only thing her complextion was right for this year. Nic was very professional, had a great original look, and had killer pictures.Nicole plain messed up!!

0.3
    I would have to say this show is getting too political for me I like to see deserving people win. But I know Nic has great possibilities ahead of her and I hope she does not let this one disappointment stop her. Tyra has retired and I wouldn't be surprised if Nic steps up her game a little more than it already is she will be better than America's Next Top Model. She will be the Next Big SuperModel. So to Nic keep focused and make your fans proud and don't stop your dream!!!
  • Welcome to the Newest Season of America's Next Top Blonde!

As soon as the makeover episode comes along, we all know EXACTLY who's going to win.

Cory, wherever you are, we love you , and in our hearts you totally won!
  • no blacks please

Has no one noticed that Tyra Banks talks about being black in the business, yet very few black women become Americas Next Top Model? Tyra is about Tyra and no one else. The walls of the models home are plastered with pictures of Tyra. Im not surprised that both Don and Renee were eliminated this season-they are not White!
  • Dumbest Judging System EVER!!!!

WTH!!! What a load of new judges are the worst ever in Top Model history. Don should still be there if the old judges and judging system was in place. PLEASE!!!!! bring back the Jays and Nigel Barker. Tyra I don't know what you were thinking when you got rid of them and changed the judging system. Because you are not getting an honest vote because some of the public is not voting for how good the contestant is because they are voting for who they like and is good looking as well as a person back story. This and last season have been the lamest season ever. You are going to lose a lot of fans if this new voting system as well as keeping this stupid judges you have are still there next week. I know quite a few people who have already stopped watching the show and if the judges are the same and this social media voting system is still in place next cycle you will lose me as a viewer as well. Tyra please listen to your fans and bring back Top Model the way it was
  • What a load of manure!

What a load of crap from both the judges and social media! Don is by far the contestant with the most potential and his natural exotic look is something sorely missing from most male models today.

I am so very close to stop watching ANTM because of the BS judging. Not just this season but previous seasons before. Who gives a rat's ass about social media. PUULEEZE... makes me want to puke!

Tyra, you are running your brilliant idea into the pig sty. Dirty, smelly and full of chit. You have come up with some lame brained ideas for the show before but this season takes the cake.

Chris and Jeremy should have gone weeks ago for their single expression look and stiffness.
  • Sad Societal Statement

It is a sad statement that your producers have run out of ideas and you have to stoop to half- naked photo shoots. There will be only one "Next Top Model", but the rest of these young women will have to live with what you have asked them to do, for the rest of their lives. These half-naked photos could cost them dearly in years to come. They could be disqualified from many opportunities because they believe you have their best interests at heart. They could lose among other things scholarships and internships all because they posed for bare photos. Maybe you should get a little more creative and think about these young women instead of your ratings and pocketbooks. I have watched my last "Next Top Model". I will no longer watch, or support Tyra Banks in any form, as well. Gwen Craig
  • Over It Already

Hmm, so where is the "top model"? After 18 seasons, Tyra hasn't managed to select even one top model. Ladies, you are better off avoiding this dog of a show. Tyra is has been that truly has no interest in you.... The show has no credibility in the fashion world and I wouldn't hire any one of the "winners" for a show. Bootie tooch? Please, this woman gives fashion a bad name.
  • Get Rid of Reality TV

This show sucks
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Problem is there aren't any real men on the panel of judges. I applaud the woman who left because the wouldn't cut her hair any further.

Perhaps the sitting judges wont be happy til they get a bunch of men to put make-up on and grow there hair out and walk down the runway. As it is half the women they have look like men in drag the other half they try as hard as they can to make them look like men.. yeah chop all their womanly hair off. Contempt? Maybe just a little. Lock me up. Shame on you. You need some real men sitting on that panel that way you won't get a bunch of woman that look like ten year old boys from behind walking down the runway. If you going to make one girl cut all her hair off you should make them all cut it off. Very unfair. I for one won't be watching any more episodes of Gay America's Next Top Model"!
  • AMERICA'S NEXT BIG BULLIES!The panel is simply vile has beens who are jealous of the new young talent. They take great pleasure in abusing the girls.

Tyra and her gang humiliate,dominate & bully the models into taking their clothes off or gewtting ridiculous short haircuts and awful dye jobs because it makes good tv to see the girls cry.Tyra herself forgets her old mammy went with her to all her auditions (she says this on her talk show anyway-of course the truth and Tyra parted ways long ago) was her manager & would have never allowed Tyra to be bullied and forced into doing anything against her will & that would take years to repair.Long beautiful hair takes years to grow and there really is no valid reason for every season to have girls in tears and cut for not allowing themselves to be abused and bullied.Who the heck is that FREAK Miss Jay Alexander to tell ANYONE ANYTHING about looks....Buckwheat on crack! I just refuse to watch the show any longer although some roomies do so I see snips and the bullies are still at it. Tyra is a self important camera hog. I commend any girl who walks off the show standing up for her own views. What difference is this abuse to the old casting couch? "You either do as I say or you'll never be a star".... It's just rape in another way and all for ratings. Tyra Banks is a has been and she's got fat, flabby and mean. She's a disgrace!
  • I happened to be a guest at the home of a friend and therefore kind of captive audience to this program. I am amazed that anyone would watch it voluntarily. The model subjects were subjected to hideous costumes in a perverted birdnest backround.

Banks ought not to pretend to be a photographer. The poses she put her subjects through were miserably done. The models are all basically attractive, however the props and poses removed any chances of displaying their beauty. The final insult was to remove the very most attractive model from the group. I was in a group of both male and female and all were amazed that the prettiest woman was selected to leave. I am proud to proclaim that I will never watch again. And will shame anyone I know of wasting their time by doing so.
  • This show inspires young girls... to become plastic, sterilized, anorexic and supermodels to an unrealistic degree.

I've never even seen this show and I don't usually review things, but the idea is just really terrible. The show might not be half bad, but it's terrible what they're doing to young girls' minds - making them think that the only way they can be beautiful is by being stick-thin, wearing tons of make-up and having sterile skin. It's amazing that television has "evolved" from the 1960s TV show "The Twilight Zone" which had episodes such as "Eye of the Beholder" and "Number 12 Looks Just Like You" which criticized this type of extreme beauty and conformity (I was being sarcastic with evolved, most shows are devolved from "The Twilight Zone"). So, whatever you do, don't expose any teenage girl who is struggling to fit in this crap!
  • Basic beauty/modeling challenge where young women complete to avoid elimination by the current "experts" in this field while discovering personal strengths/weaknesses. The mask & parts they play determine the outcome. Inner beauty has little place here.

I am in no way a bigot, but trying to raise children in a morally corrupt world is not easy when you see beautiful women kissing each other as if it were nothing. I was offended that this was treated as socially acceptable. I don't appreciate seeing it in male-female kissing to that degree either. It just further adds to the sterotype that our bodies are simply playthings. We don't have to truly care about others or ourselves...we just use the tools around. Honestly, this show won't be on in my home anymore. My teens learn enough ways to disrespect themselves and others from other sources without this program adding to it.
  • Holly moses where running out of ideal for entertainment!

Alright i have clicked on this one to many times.
    And i must say ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Come on people what the f**ck is so god damn entertaining about girls who haven't eaten anything since there birth.

Theres nothing and i mean nothing entertaining about this.
    and if you sit and here and think of more then five things go outside and play with something shinning.

Am very surprise they haven't started the next top male model lets count are blessing and hope that doesn't happen.

Am really so stuck in a bathroom of bulimics i just can't understand why WHY people would sit down and watch this and give it the right to continue it.

Do we not have anything better to do.
    Like walk the dog or anyones dog. Feed your kids or someone else kids.
    Take a drive in the park.
    Anything but watch this.

Please there has to be some sort of reason to this madness.
    People if your life is dull. Go in a church and fart and blame the person next to instead of giving the producer the right to continue this thing.
  • This the most boring and unoriginal show on TV, it is a waste of time.

It is nearly impossible to wacth 1 full episode of this show. It has to much drama for no reason and it isn't even good drama. A modeling show that serves no use what so ever some of the challenges dont seem to serve any use. Even if it isnt good television it's not funny, so there is no point of wacthing. This show should of been canceled a long time ago and i see no reason at the moment for it to be on TV. They take pictures of women, for goodness sake why should that take up 1 hour of my viewing pleasure. The judges aren't even intresting.
  • Americ's Next Top Model is a Unonriginal show.

America's Next Top Model is about a group of Models that want to become Americans Next Top Model. I dont now how it has lasted this long. This Show is stupid and should be cancelled instead of showing reruns on MTV every weekend. It is the worst show. Tyra Banks is awful. It's the same thing every season, to many skinny appalling girls, Bad photo shoots and Awful Judges. The worst show in the world. I don't know why people watch it. Tyra banks is Terrible. One out of 4 star. Most of the mdels are ugly and have a major Additue problem.
  • I am a long time viewer of ANTM & until last night i planed on staying that way. I am a Cancer Survivor of 11 yrs & I was very,very offended by last nights show. You should really think about the people you may hurt b4 you run a show like that. Lori.

I used to watch ANTM because I loved the things you came up with. I loved the pictures and I loved the art. However the art (if you can call it that) that was displayed on last nights show was horrible. I got offended. I was hurt. I will never watch ANTM again. To see that girl laughing and making fun of people that had Chemo. The way they made her look. Do you people have no concept of what Cancer is like. Why on earth would you think that was ok. I went through such hell when I had Cancer. I was in high school and loosing my hair seemed like the worst thing in the world. Not to mention the way I felt. I didn't even get passed the scene of that girl laughing until I changed the channel, it even took me a minute to figure out what she looked like that for. I will never watch ANTM again or the Tyra Banks show for that matter. I hope that you got the picture you wanted. Cancer Survivor of 11yrs.
    Lori Cagle
  • ANTM - Why call it "Top Model" when the girl picked is typically anything but?

Being an viewer of America’s Next Top Model is like polishing a big, beautiful, shiny turd.

Read on.

Place a typically 13-count group of hot model wanna-be’s in a big mansion and put them through the rigors of a model’s boot camp while working/shooting with some of the best photographers in the world, not to mention the how-to guidance from the ultimate group of "model coaches," equipped with two fashion icons, and what do you have? DEFINITELY NOT reality!!! America's Next Top Model (CW) flatly fails to initiate any form of what the industry is REALLY like out there, until any given girl is given the boot. Then, it becomes true REALITY when the girl is ask to leave and faces the real world of modeling on her own. Now, THAT'S when the cameras should especially roll to make it a true reality piece - otherwise, it's just another game show masking itself as a modeling beauty pageant. And the show is shamefully unapologetic about it. The show is also obviously deceitful by way of bad editing, trying to portray the characters to seem a lot more punctuated and affected by their handicaps. Take the example of one of last season's contestants. Throughout the season, she had been criticized for not displaying enough of an effort to show that she wants the title bad enough. So, at one point a judge asks her if she really wants it. After a drawn out pause, she says, "Yes." From her long pause, we as the viewers are expected to deduce that the pause represented her hesitation, when in fact editors strategically stretched out that pause so that she could appear to be much more ambiguous about her response. It's tactics like this that tend to lose the credibility of the seriousness of what Banks is trying to convey: that modeling IS serious business. If so, then editorial tactics such as manipulating the cast members should be nixed (or at least not be so shamefully obvious by way of high school 101-level editing).

The problem too lies in calling it "Top Model." It suggests that the winner becomes a true Top Model in the industry when actually it only means that the chosen one will represent herself as an up and coming model in the scene, equipped with guaranteed visibility from the show; No evidence/guarantee that she will in fact literally be America's top true model. The show must think that the viewers are stupid. Even a noted giant in fashion has publicly scrutinized the show, stating that the girls they choose "will never be a Gemma Ward (a top super model of the now)." Also, the show is increasingly scrutinized for not choosing a balanced demographic of finalists of all types. It's been suggested that favoritism in casting particular types of girls are designed to help round out the selection of finalists to provide more opportunities for the perceived lesser represented girls; specifically, minorities who we are expected to believe represent the model ratio in America. Don't get me wrong, I'm a minority, too. Personally, I'm African American myself and in some deep level I do take delight in seeing so many of us represented in every cycle. But I ask you: does her typical cast, time and again have to have so many of us represented in each cycle and still be able to expect viewers to believe in the reality of the show? It's just not accurate casting - it's seems suspicious.

The big problem with this show is the actual "reality," if any, that occurs throughout the season - and it tends to maintain the same, mundane formula. In reality (no pun intended), America’s Next Top Model is nothing more than a game show, where the contests in some way lend itself as a quest to win prizes and play it's particular game. Viewers who love drama will not be disappointed, however (but isn't THAT such a typical reality-tv formula? Way to go, America’s Next Top Model - you got at least ONE thing right). In spite of it all, the show seems to attract them in droves! The show is such a shiny, polished penny and the images throughout the show create such a whimsical, magical view of a model's life basking in the LA experience, afforded the opportunity to focus on her modeling with the time of day to cackle and complain at her fellow model wanna-be sisters - all in front of a camera, making them the new TV stars of this age of reality. The truth is, real models aren't always as caddy/whiney as they tend to be portrayed on the show. Some have even made it big by being discovered/scouted, with no inkling of a pursuit in modeling at all. So why does Banks continue to knock the girls who don't want it enough? If you got it, you got it! Other factors of true model reality tend to get lost in this cloud of a show: true models struggle with real world situations - without the luxury of a Bel-Air crib - and have to do things like actually hold a second or third job to pay the rent and wait while wishing upon a lucky charm, hoping to make it big as a model. So, watching the show, unfortunately, is kind of like smelling a rose and getting stung by a bee!
  • Wait, wait...

I only watched this show with my fiance once.. but let me get this straight. Tyra Banks has her own talk show which she consistantly says she cares about young woman and their weight. Then she comes up with the "brilliant" idea that she wants to host a show denouncing those very principles that she has on her talk show. For people who disagree with me.. check out the physical and personality traits of the contestants. They are annoying, crabby and made me think all models look like a bunch of dimwitted backstabbing idiots who don't eat much. Way to go Tyra. Thanks for revealing a stereotype for me.
  • The models are gorgeous, but the show is awful.

This show is awful. It's obvious earning sponsorship money was the main goal here, because the quality of the show is close to being so awful. The models are gorgeous, I don't care who wins, they are all winners. The show shouldn't have been made into a show, because it's really awful. I feel happy for any of the contestants who made money from the show, I can't be positive for the show, it's just not a good show. It's really awful, if I may add. The TV networks are running out of ideas. Chimps will rule the world one day, this show is a warning sign of mankind's impending doom.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10