America's Next Top Model

The Girl On The Cover

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Dec 07, 2005 on The CW

• Nik and Nicole compete in a fashion show and Nicole is given the prize.

I do not agree with this year's winner at all!! Nicole is pretty and takes nice pictures and everything, but I do not see how in the world she beat Nik, who was constantly at the top of the line throughout the whole season. Nik should have won, plain and simple. It really boiled my blood during the final judging when they were criticizing Nik's walk during the fashion show. I thought it was fierce! Nicole's walk wasn't nearly as good and her poses at the end of the runway sucked. I just don't get it. I hate to bring race into it but its hard not to think that the fact that the last two ANTMs were black or partially-black made them want to make sure the next one was different, regardless of whether or not she deserved it. It was just too obvious. Though I would like to think that a show with a black woman as it's creator and who is a supermodel herself and knows how tough it is in this business for a black woman wouldn't succomb to that, I guess you just never know. On the reunion show, Tyra actually explained why Nicole won, which leads you to believe that there's been a lot of questions and/or uprising about the decision. She's never had to do that with any of the other winners. Even Nicole's walk on the reunion show was awful!! They call THAT high fashion?? Come on! And while I think that the runner's up in the first two seasons were more deserving than the girls that actually won, this year it's just ridiculous. I haven't come across a person YET that thinks Nicole should have won! That's all right, though...Nik is STILL going to be a top model, regardless of all those people on that show not giving her her props and begrudging her of what was rightfully hers.