America's Next Top Model

The Girl Who Has a Temper

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 12, 2006 on The CW

• It was only a matter of time before Leslie got eliminated, but I'm seriously at my wits end with Jade. This season just is not that good.

I can't stomach Jade. "Don't you see a supermodel and tons of potential?" NO!!!!! I don't!!!! I see a half-girl, half-psychoman mutant who looks 10 years too old to be a model. Seriously, if Jade has yet to be discovered, shouldn't that be a little hint to her? Jade: YOU ARE TERRIBLE! You're annoying. You're the most arrogant person I've ever seen. You're ugly and you look like a man. Nobody likes you, so do every ANTM fan a favor and LEAVE.

Got that out of the way (can you tell that I reeeeally don't like Jade?)...it was only a matter of time before Leslie went home. She's beautiful but nothing special, so I wasn't shocked or devastated or anything. I wish Jade would get booted already, since it's going to happen eventually, but whatever. I have to say, I'm not very impressed with the girls this season. There are good pictures every episode, but nobody is consistent. Moreover, while I'm definitely rooting to see people get kicked off (Byee Jade and Furonda!), there is not one girl that I am actually rooting FOR. This is a very lukewarm group and a very lukewarm season, especially coming off a dynamic group like last year. Unless these girls get amazing very quickly, I'm in for a disappointment. Brooke has potential and every once in a while I see a glimmer of beauty, but generally, I don't think she's a model. Danielle is kind of pretty, but her tooth gap kills me, and she just isn't a dynamic personality. Furonda is ugly and annoying and she needs to leave. Jade...well, you all know how I feel about the Worst ANTM Contestant Ever (WANTMCE from now on). Joanie is okay, but thank goodness her teeth get fixed, because it was getting a little hick for me. However, I truly know models, especially supermodels, and I can't possibly imagine including Joanie in a list of girls that includes Gemma Ward and Lily Cole. She just isn't a model. Nnenna is beautiful, and I think she'll probably win, but she's irritating me. We get it, you have a boyfriend, he's overprotective, move on. Sara is my only hope really. If she gets over her awkward height, she has real potential, so I'm hoping she shapes up. As you can see, though, no real models in the making. When Nicole comes on TV, or when I see her pictures, I squeal and say something to the effect of, "Ooooh Nicole, I love her!" I just can't see myself saying that about any of the girls in this season, so very disappointing.

So I just ranted about the suckiness of this season...but specifically, this episode was just okay. The pictures were okay, the runway show seemed kind of pathetic, and I just generally wasn't excited. Hopefully something exciting happens so that I can stop tuning in out of habit and loyalty, and start watching because I actually care about who wins. Sigh.