America's Next Top Model

The Girl Who Loves Bubbles And Talks To Plants

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Oct 19, 2005 on The CW

• Watch out for Jayla!

I loved this episode because it pressed all the buttons I expect this show to push. The general summary: Lisa grated on just about everyone\'s nerves and proved pretty plainly that she\'s a raging alcoholic; Coryn, especially, threw the attitude right back at Lisa; the first challenge was a mock product endorsement, where the girls were supposed to get in a number of points, but they were paired with a distracting comedian who kept steering them off track (Kyle won this challenge hands-down, though Lisa was sure she\'d win and utterly bombed); the second challenge was another product endorsement (this one for deodorant), and Lisa kicked butt right from the start; wandering-Jehova\'s Witness Jayla blatantly ripped off Bre\'s line in the commercial and caused Bre to go so far off her game that she couldn\'t muster up enough imagination to make up another secret (ANY other secret); Jayla raged when she found out that Bre would even dare to be upset that she\'d been sabotaged. At the judge\'s panel, Lisa was the clear winner of the challenge all-around, but Nicole\'s picture was better so she got a deodorant ad out of the bargain. The final two were Bre and depressingly sad Coryn, and Coryn left. Coryn\'s final words: \"I can finally breathe again.\" Me too. I\'m glad to see her go. Lisa, who is still my favorite MODEL out of the bunch, deserves to win. She\'s spent her entire life standing in front of a mirror practicing poses and telling herself she\'s beautiful. And since the modeling business is largely about artifice, she should win simply because she\'s a master at it. Unfortunately, she seems to have confused knowledge of the modeling biz with self-awareness, and this episode proved how totally wrong she is. The girl has no idea who she is, how her behavior is perceived by others, and when others are offended by her personality, she\'s bewildered and hurt. The one that shocked me this episode was how viciously bitchy that Jehovah\'s witness-turned-fornicator could be. Everyone should avoid being anywhere near her if sharp objects are also present. And I\'m totally disappointed in Bre for being so flustered by having her secret stolen by Jayla. So what, you idiot! Pick another secret. You\'re afraid of bugs or snakes, you read Harlequin romance novels, or anything! Act, lie, whatever, but don\'t let some other conniving thief throw you off your game so easily. Hopefully, she\'ll rebound next week because she\'s one of my favorites.