America's Next Top Model

The Girl Who Marks Her Territory, Part 1

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 20, 2006 on The CW

• This was the best season premiere, hopefully to the best season of ANTM Ever!

As we open up Season 7, As We Have the Past 6, with Casting, I immediately notice that I like some girls better than others. Not even ten minutes into the episode, we have a dramatic and tearful appearance by 19-year-old Anchal, who in her Indian heritage is considered not pretty, as she has darker eyes and darker skin (I personally think she is Gorgeous, but that's just me.)Another girl, named Monique, begins to cry as she also has darker skin than her family, but she is African American, not Indian, and I don't have sympathy for her at all (not a racist, just that her thing is personal, Anchal's is cultural). After several interesting auditions, including Brooke, a white girl who raps, CariDee, who wears a garter belt, and Jaslene, who looks and acts like a drag queen. The pool of 33 is cut. After being told who made the final 21, all of them must put on hair extensions, but don't know why, until they are told taht they will be shooting nude. This causes trouble for Becky and Ginger, small town girls. Becky rocks it, and Ginger only takes 2 frames (Hmmm..Don't Think she's Gonna Make It). Later the final 13 are announced, and they are...

Anchal
    Megan
    Melrose
    Michelle
    Monique

I myself want CariDee to win, but she always has this sad look on her face. Whatever, on with the show!

When the girls move into their new home, which has a "Tyra Magazine" theme, they realize that there are 13 girls, and 11 beds. Monique, who did nt get a bed, resorts to dirty tricks to get Eugena's bed. This leads to an argument, to which Monique will not budge.

The next day, Tyra shows up at the set of their first photo shoot acting like she's nuts,and Jay Manuel tells them they will be fulfilling model stereotypes, including the twins with Anorexia and Bullimia, Megg as a drug addict, and CariDee as a dumb blonde. At the end, Michelle does scarily well with her bullimia shot.

At the judging, the judges also notice Michelle's excellent photo. They think Eugena is resting too much on her strong face, and Brooke and Monique haven't captured anger right.

Michelle is called first, followed by CariDee and AJ. In the end, Melrose, who won the runway challenge and got to be diva for a day (which went to her head, as she had a horrible attitude on set) and Christian are the bottom two. Scene stealing Melrose is on the floor when they announce that she is safe, and Christian is going home.

12 Girls Remain, Who Will Be America's Next Top Model?