America's Next Top Model

The Girl Who Starts to Lose Her Cool

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Nov 14, 2007 on The CW

• I chose the "Out Of Character" classification because of Heather's behavior,something that I was somewhat pleased to see. I was beginning to worry that some of the girls, Bianca in particular, would start to take advantage of her.

And yet, Saleisha was also out of character in this episode. I was surprised that she reacted to Heather the way that she did. As for the runway performances, watching Heather only reinforces what I have said before. She may very well make the top three, but I don't (very sadly) see her winning. I am not sure that she will be able to handle the pressure that comes with interacting with so many strangers all at once. The only two that I saw behaving completely in character were Bianca and Ms. Banks. Watching Bianca obviously enjoying Heather's discomfort at not performing well, relishing it, was a sad thing, and yet, typical of her. As for Ms. Banks -was it really necessary to conduct the eliminations AFTER accouncing that the girls would be going to China. By now, Ms. banks must be aware that the girl that gets eliminated, whether justifiably, such as Ambreal, or unjustifiably, such as Sarah, is going to be hurt and upset. Adding on to that hurt the knowledge that they have missed such a wonderful trip and opportunity seems to be a very cruel and arrogant thing to do, but then, it is in character.