America's Next Top Model

The Girls Who Go Down Under

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 18, 2007 on The CW

7.9
  • Jael gets booted for the reasons everyone expected. And the girls are supposed to speak with an aussie accent

7.6
    I have to admit, I never thought Jael would get this far. She was a little over the top. Sweet at times but often out of control. When she spoke she sounded like she was drunk. Everyone who watched the show knew she would fall flat when speaking became an important part of the process.

Britney surprised me. She did so wonderfully in the shots that required her to look happy. But she had so many problems with the speaking roles. I don't think the shots they used in the commercial were bad though.

And about the accent that the girls are supposed to be channeling. Jay told Renee to go over the top and let him pull her back. And she gets told she sounds like a man. I think she and Britney were the only ones who even tried to sound Australian. I watched the commercial several times and I still don't see where Natasha had an Australian accent. I think she did a good job hiding the Russian accent but I didn't notice any australian accent. And Dionne and Jaslene just seemed stiff to me. I think both Renee and Britney should have placed higher. I just think Britney's frustration is what led her to the bottom two.

At least Jael can spread her joy to the world somewhere else.