America's Next Top Model

The Girls Who Go Down Under

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Apr 18, 2007 on The CW

7.9
  • You call that Australian?

I'm a true blue Aussie and when I watched this episode I was laughing at how ridiculously un-australian the whole thing was. When Jay said, we are in outback Australia, I laughed so hard! They girls were in the Zoo in Sydney and miles and miles away from anything remotely like the real Australian outback. Not one of the girls got even close to an Australian accent! The best they got was English, the most of them sounded like a Pom! And as far as Sydney being Australian! Sydney is by far the least Australian place in Australia! Nobody talks with Australian Slang, especially not in Sydney. When the interviews were being conducted with the locals, none of them would have had a clue to what the girls, especially Natasha, were saying. No one says sheila in Australia, or any of those other words. Infact, people barely say G'day in Australia. Sydney is a crowded, dirty, unfriendly, congested city and the only kangaroos jumping around there would only be in the zoo. Any American watching this series of ANTM, don't believe for a second that it is anything like the REAL Australia!