Amnesia

NBC (ended 2008)

Amnesia Fan Reviews (8)

5.9
  • This show was great but sadly I guess it wasn't that popular.

This was a great show. The Only Downfall it had was you can't play along with the contestant. Other than that this show was good. I see how some people can't stand this show but i personally love it. Although it can be slow at some time Dennis always seems to bring back the funny. I which this stayed on the air but not everything can be the way you want it to be. I wish they would give it a second chance maybe on a saturday night instead of friday or put this on daytime instead of primetime but oh well.
  • How can you not watch with Dennis Miller hosting?

I don't like many game shows. It's just not my 'thing'. But I like Dennis Miller so I tuned into this one. It's cute. It's good because of Dennis Miller. That's really the reason I watch it. It's cute - like a 'This is Your Life' for the everyday person. It's fun to watch and think if you could remember the stuff from your own past. But mostly, it's just a Dennis Miller thing. It could be better if Dennis Miller could do some political and social rants with his opinions spewing out. Aside from that I think it's pretty good.
  • I was watching the show tonight and I all most fell off my chair when a man on the show claimed that he invented the electric slide.

I could not stop laughing and proceeded to look on websites to confirm what this man stated...I laughed even more. Not only does he claimed that he invented the electric slide,he has claimed to have invented break dancing, pop-locking, the robot and oh my all time favorite the Texas Star Line Dance. The only thing that this man has done was steal someone else's dance who wasn't looking to capitalize on whether the dance correctly done, but to have fun dancing together in clubs, weddings or the occasional party.
    Please look at the woman who created the song "Electric Boogie" and the music video, where you can clearly see that the young man who was dancing on the show did it correctly.
  • Boring!

6.3
    I watched the season premier of this show and found that it was really boring. The general idea of the show is really good. I like how they put you on the spot to see if you can remember your past. But I think that the host just brings the show down. He wasn't exciting. He didn't bring any life to the show. I would have rathered Bob Saget, or Jeff Foxworthy since they are more fun. Unfortunately they are host their own game shows. I think Amnesia needs to find a new host. Until then I will suffer and watch just for the content.
  • Dennis Miller's funny.

7.7
    First, he did a season of Monday Night Football as comedy relief (with Al Michaels & Dan Dierdorf doing the real commentary; though they would switch networks). Next, he hosted a GSN show called Grand Slam. Now he's wittier than ever hosting NBC's Amnesia.

The theme song is catchy & must be from the same company that brought us The Singing Bee.

Then again, some viewers might have amnesia of forgetting to watch this show, since it's opposite Price Is Right's $1,000,000 Spectacular on CBS. And for the past two weeks, you made the right choice when two gentlemen won BOTH SHOWCASES + $1,000,000.
  • It's OOkay

7.2
    At first I thought this would be just another game show and unorigional. I say it proved to be little better then what I thought after watching the first episode. They made it into a pretty interesting watchable show and I say any show that just gives away money for nothing is a great show and we need more and more shows like that. All you have to do is remember it is that simple to it and no loose ends and no hidden pranks in the mix, just remember. I for one know I can't remember anything and I would fail way badly on this show but it's good for those who can remember.
  • I think I got, I think I got, I think I got... Amne$ia -- and forgot to tune into this show again. "Amne$ia" tries to be interesting, but, good grief, fails almost all major aspects. Here's hoping for better game show offerings...

4.8
    Having enjoyed Dennis Miller's work on GSN's fast-paced, exciting "Grand Slam," and being a fan of NBC's "1 vs. 100," I thought I'd stick around and tune into "Amne$ia," take a pass on "What Not to Wear" for the night, and see what this game show was all about. Big mistake.

"Amne$ia" (okay, why am I following NBC's little plug spelling? From now on, it's "Amnesia.) tries to be fun. Oh boy, does it try. They've hired a comic host, place the contestant in some amusing situations, and talk about funny stories. But like with FOX's "The Moment of Truth," the program stops being interesting the moment you realize that you just don't care anymore. And that's stretched to the breaking point with this program, as the format is set up such that they stick with the same contestant throughout the entire, stinking, hour-long show. They ask like maybe one or two questions of the contestant, and then, bam, it's back to commercial. Things all come to a head in the thrilling (not!), fast-paced (not!) Total Amnesia round, in which the contestant can choose to take the pithy amount of dough they've won so far, or risk it to go for bonus questions.

The show isn't even high stakes. The most money anybody's ever gonna win on it is around a couple of hundred thousand dollars, and that's only if they're really, really good.

NBC apparently really wants us to like "Amnesia." They've stocked the guide here for this show with pictures, as well as episode clips for each episode listed. But if I were you, I'd just forget to tune into "Amnesia." A simple scroll through the dial will find you any of a number of more interesting programs.
  • Dennis Miller hosts this game show that rewards contestants for recalling memories of themselves and trivial facts surrounding their lives. Family members are there to share stories of the contestant and provide background for the questions posed.

2.5
    What happened to Dennis Miller? He's in bad need of a shave and could stand to lose a few pounds. The show seemed to have promise, but quickly turned into a pile of rubbish. Dennis is totally out of his element here, unable to comfortably make the transition to game show host the way Howie Mandell and Jeff Foxworthy were able to. I counted one joke that was funny, which was Dennis making fun of the lights and missing his queue, essentially mocking the show itself. Also, the contestant doing antics such as mimes and dancing in the clear sound-proof booth in the background while family members talk with Dennis is just stupid and annoying. Very disappointing.