An Idiot Abroad

Saturday 9:00 PM on Sky1 Premiered Sep 23, 2010 In Season

An Idiot Abroad Fan Reviews (5)

• I LOVE this Idiot & the Show too! ;)

I watched the first season and was sad to see it was so short, then I got busy with life and ended up missing the 2nd season. I am so happy that I came across it again, because I could watch Karl all day long. He kills me with comments, and I truly laugh out loud too many times to count at each show. I've been a Ricky fan forever and I just love hearing his laugh when Karl is so serious talking back to him. I think a great twist would be for Karl to get their butts back though and soon, Rick and Stephen really deserve to be paid back it's only fair, don't you think? So, come on Rick, why not let Karl pick something off the bucket list for you to do? Now we only need to think of a good bucket list to pick from! ;) Oh, I just wanted to say, Karl isn't a dummy by no means, he just has a different sense of humor then most and he says out loud what most of us say on the inside. lol Great show guys, I wish all these other type of reality shows would take note, you don't have to fight, bitch and yell to make a good show.
  • First time watching...

I heard so much about this show from my sister, so last night I got on you tube and watched a clip. I ended staying up till midnight watching clips.. I think it is so funny to us because our Mom was from England, so we know about that type of humor, and his accent and the words he uses are hillarious !!! But, I do believe everyone will find this show great !! Everyone needs to laugh out loud everyday !!
  • Is it me or does it seem like Karl Pilkington is trying too hard?

Watching Karl Pilkington travel around the world as he follows orders to dive into the local culture is kinda funny and I know there are alot fans that will pump this show up even if its not funny. This show is basically an ignorant tourist shouting non-funny jokes about the locals and their culture.

I was intrigued when I first hear about this show; but when I saw the pilot and Ricky Gervais was laughing like he was the only on that 'gets it' I was worried. The first episode was painful to watch, Karl Pilkington is trying too hard to make us laugh.
  • Bewildered, insulated, stubborn, miserable... Karl is (un)intentionally hilarious as he sulks and puzzles his way through cultures so unlike his own that he struggles to cope. And yet he's not unintelligent, oh no, he's just...Karl.

Was there ever a man who was so perplexed by life outside his highstreet and pub? Obviously not a total idiot, because he's quite an intelligent talker, it's just what he says and his rationale behind it that makes you scratch your head and go 'whaa...?'

Hilarious in ways that you couldn't script if you tried, this is the ongoing saga of Karl who is sent to visit wondrous places by his two 'friends' Ricky and Steve, but of course they don't just send him to the nice places...

Karl struggles with food, people, places, weather... and has something to say about it all as he stumbles from men's toilets (there's no doors - they got half a wall, couldn't they just go a bit higher?) to the Great Wall (bit average, really) and onto places not even season travellers might wish to go. His insights (?) leave you shaking your head and laughing, pitying him one minute as his 'friends' devise yet another horrible visit for him and then wanting to slap him the next to bring him to his senses.

A funny program that shows you places you know mixed in with areas you don't, all through the eyes of a reluctant tourist who'd rather be back at home in a pub with a pie and pint.

Great show.

• Wow! - I thought I'd have to add this show - It only premiered in the U.S. yesterday (I think).

I watched all of the preview and most of the premiere for this program (I'll catch the rest of the China visit later). But just watching Ricky Gervais laugh usually gets me laughing and this time was no different. What a trio they made - Ricky, Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington. Ricky looked like he wa going to fall off the chair; Merchant asked questions using his best "I'm completely serious" face, and Pilkington just sitting there, taking the abuse. He does have the perfect comedic face - completely round with a bald head - and I haven't seen anyone make deadpan look so funny since Buster Keaton. I will be tuning in for all seven wonders, and it appears so will many others.