Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre World Forums

Tuesday 10:00 PM on Travel ChannelBetween Seasons

Cuba

What did you Think?

danharr

[1]Aug 31, 2009
    • level: 45
    The first episode of the regular season please discuss
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

danharr

[2]Sep 5, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode this show is a little more upbeat than bizarre foods. Each scene was exciting and kept the pace of the episode moving nicely I look forward to more.

haldrey

[3]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 22
    Don't know, I still prefer Bizarre Foods. The Cuba show, for anyone that is on top of the Cuba situation was very far from Cuba actual reality.
    Edited on 09/09/2009 1:57pm

mercyangel09

[4]Oct 20, 2009
    • level: 15
    haldrey wrote:
    Don't know, I still prefer Bizarre Foods. The Cuba show, for anyone that is on top of the Cuba situation was very far from Cuba actual reality.

No joke. Some of the things he said made me, as a Cuban-American, sigh and roll my eyes. Again, he sees what the government wants him to see. By proxy, what we're shown is also what the government wants us to see.

The comment he made about how nobody's inside watching TV and everyone is out in the street mingling with their neighbors had me groaning. Of course they're not watching TV, the state controls the TV broadcasting and its only on air for about four hours every day!

I'm watching it anyway because this is a little piece of me that I may never know, but I'm more on top of the "Cuba situation" as haldrey put it than most people. Though I don't know if I'll make it through the whole episode....