The Andromeda Strain

A&E (Mini-Series 2008)

The Andromeda Strain Fan Reviews (10)

6.6
  • An appalling remake of a brilliant and beloved Sci-Fi Classic.

1.4
    The remake of this fine Sci-fi classic is nothing more than a re-worked politically correct diatribe. From the very beginning it launches into a message of how government is bad, shouldn't be trusted and anyone that is anti-establishment is the only one who is right and well grounded. They even managed to squeeze a sexual orientation agenda position on one of the characters (how the Andromeda virus cares about this, I don't know) who is military and how "ridiculous the don't ask, don't tell policy is." The especially offensive point of this movie is the fact it released on Memorial Day, a day to honor our civil war dead, and here we have a movie that does nothing but portray our military as murderers and incompetent boobs. The only way I can best describe the wildfire team's composition is a collection of young idealists that should all gather for a photo-op for the Rainbow Coalition poster children edition; not one of them has a gray hair on their head, and yet they are the leaders in their field....puh-lease. I was looking forward to the updating of CGI effects to this wonderful classic, and instead we received video game grade eye candy graphics and a wildfire lab that looks like it was borrowed from CSI Vegas; even the robot had the essential CSI investigator flashlight. They hijacked a thoughtful scientific thriller and painted it over with a transparent, weak and shameful agenda driven vehicle for Hollywood's ideology. This movie is completely intellectually bankrupt.