The Andromeda Strain

The Andromeda Strain Part 2

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 27, 2008 on A&E

6.8
  • Everything blows up. Scientists down in in the lab start making out, while people die. They stop making out long enough to discover that the strain is a coded message from Joey Greco. Steve Bartman fumbles Ricky's flying thumb, & the world is destroyed.

7.6
    For the most part...I liked it, it was a sci-fi thriller in the purest sense...however, I think all would agree that computer graphics just never do the job...in any movie no matter what the budget...it always looks cheesy. If I were a director, I would NEVER USE THAT. I'd be like...'get me an F-16, or forget it. The movie will be nominated for some special effects awards, as it was over the top for its robotics and the lab in general. The only major problem I had was the ending...throwing up Ricky's severed thumb was ill-advised...I am sure the audience, cast, crew, directors, and producers could not help but giggle once they saw that flying thumb on the screen for the first time...I mean...it was great until the dude throws the freaking thumb. I would have 'cut' that right out of the script...and gotten upset if anyone complained about it. Man..I wish Steve Bartman was there to fumble it away...and the lab got nuked at that point. I mean...What would Fonzy think? I mean it was great until that thumb went 'air-borne'...pun intended. What would Edward Scissorhands think?