We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Andromeda Forums

Syfy (ended 2005)

Did anyone else think this show's last season was confusing?

hercfan1

[1]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 6
    The first seasons were great, but then it was incredibly hard to follow.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deleteuser

[2]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 19
    I agree. I didn't really get the last season.

hercfan1

[3]Nov 1, 2005
    It wasn't even just the last season that was the show's problem. Once Tier was gone from the show it was over.

monster_monster

[4]Nov 1, 2005
    • level: 35
    I started watching season 5, and I couldnt understand any of it. Then I thought; it has to be because I didnt see the begining of the series. So, I started with ep1 s1, and found that it was realy an ok show, but after season 2 it got kinda worse I think.

I still dont get season 5. In my opinion it should have ended after season 4. It's not often that statement comes from me, (I hated the fact that "Angel", "Firefly", and various other series got canceled when they did), but in this case they realy should have stopped when the show still had something.

I saw the 5th season again after season 4, and now my overall feeling is that the whole thing was medioker at best, and that's a shame, caus it definetly had some potential.

hercfan1

[5]Nov 2, 2005
    I know what you mean the first seasons of the show were great, but then I just found myself waiting for the show to get good again, which it never did.

Deefunkt

[6]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 3
    Mostly because they fired the folks who were writing, producing the show in the first season... RHW was gone mid-season 2 and the others lasted 1-2 seasons after that under a new head writer. It really hurts sometimes to think of what it could have been.

SoBlonde

[7]Nov 3, 2005
    I didn't find the plot line hard to follow, because I was raised on Sci-fi, I just hated how the relationships of the characters deteriorated in the last season. They got to be so close in the first four years, and that is what really gave the show its charm, so when they all became emotionally distant from each other, it hurt the show.

monster_monster

[8]Nov 5, 2005
    I totally agree, and I didnt like that they were stuck on Sefra all season. It wasnt a spaceshow anymore. It was great that they introduced Doyle, but I missed Rommy.

SoBlonde

[9]Nov 5, 2005
    Monster_monster~
    Good point: it wasn't a spaceshow anymore. Looking back, its almost like they wasted a season to lead up to a great escape and make us appreciate the power of Andromeda more, and now that they're canceled, they can't complete they're plan. Of course, this could just be me looking WAY too far into this.

monster_monster

[10]Nov 7, 2005
    That is true, SoBlonde. I enjoyed the last episodes of season 5 (when Rommy was back) significantly more than the first ones.

SoBlonde

[11]Nov 9, 2005
    Yeah, Rommie's character was one thing that significantly improved in many ways in the fifth season. Her sense of humor skyrocketed, and the avatar acted more like a warship: arrogant and moody.

Hungry_Homer111

[12]Nov 24, 2005
    • level: 26
    I thought the final season was confusing, to say the least. However, I eventually got into it. When I did get into it, I didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't anywhere near as good as it used to be when the show was in space, and the characters actually got along, for the most part, but it was not bad. It did give me a headache when I was trying to figure it out, though. I think the point when it got better was around the time Andromeda was fixed.

port5170

[13]Dec 21, 2005
    • level: 12
    i Miised a couple episodes first run thro last season, but once I watched them all it wasn't confusing, Did like it more when Rommie was back, and hated seeing the relationships suffer, as well, but in the end it was good

danharr

[14]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 46
    I wouldn't recommend anyone watching season 5 without seeing season 4. See the rest of the series only if your interested in good tv. The first 3 seasons have nothing to do with the horror that was season 5.

Gateguy56

[16]Mar 11, 2006
    • level: 5
    Season Five was absolute terrible in my opinion. It was so confusing, even if you had seen the show from the beginning. The whole Seefra thing lasted way to long. The series finale was ok, but it doesn't make up for the twenty previous episodes.

Entilzha37

[17]Mar 20, 2006
    • level: 9
    RE: Rommie's absense. They really didn't have much choice
    with Rommie. Lexa was pregnant in real life, and they can't have pregnant androids, somehow doesn't work.
    She had her baby in September. Heard they had to use stock footage, shoot her from the back, head shots, etc to film her, until she was ready to return.

B4UBlahh

[18]Apr 13, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think it was confusing for people was because they had alot of long season plots going on, with the Seefra system, and was tieing in a few series plots as well. All the seefra system is a giant weapon made buy the Veterians to use on the Abyss. The Seefra System was probably used before to defeet the abyss and will be used in the future. That is if, one of my theories about the show was correct. That time and history repeats itself that is why we would see multiple Dylan Hunts in "The route of ages". In "The Route of ages" time and space has no meaning, which then means you can exit or enter the route of ages in any time(past,present,future) and in any galaxy/universep(alternative unverses). So when we saw two or more dylan hunts he just left a place(time/unverse) that had same outcome. The other theory is because "The Route of ages" time and space has no meaning, which then means you can exit or enter the route of ages in any time(past,present,future) and in any galaxy/universe(alternative unverses). So when we saw multiple Dylan Hunts he was passing himself from the past seasons, passing through The Route Of Ages.
    Edited on 04/13/2008 10:18pm
    Edited 3 total times.

chronoton

[19]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 2

I'm in a minority, I really liked season 5. Yes, it makes no sense if you haven't seen season 4, and mostly season 1.

I deplore Tyr's absence (his exit story was pathetic) but I did like the slightly dark, confused and not all there feeling to season 5; in my opinion, if there's just one episode you want to see, it's called The Test -- kinda brings puts most of season 5 into focus

chronoton

[20]Apr 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    No, it wasn't confusing, it was just nietschean and required a lot of attention from viewers. I only got most of it after I went thru the dvds a second time

hawksie

[21]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 9
    chronoton wrote:
    No, it wasn't confusing, it was just nietschean and required a lot of attention from viewers. I only got most of it after I went thru the dvds a second time

I did the same. I had to re-watch some episodes because first time around you're guaranteed to miss a few important factors.