Andromeda Forums

Syfy (ended 2005)

How did Andromeda end? Well or badly?

DorkSamus

[1]May 10, 2009
    • level: 5

Without spoilers, can someone tell me if Andromeda was concluded well? Did they tie up loose ends or was it cut abruptly? I've not watched it yet and I'm trying to decide if I want to. Seeing as how I hate it when series are cut off abruptly, I want to know what I'm getting into

Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Bob117

[2]May 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    I'd also like to know this. I've been looking into new shows to watch, and the last one I just finished was The Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles, and it ended abruptly (damn fox for cancelling it -- morons)...anyways, I'd love to pick up Andromeda if it ends well. Does it? If not, is it worth watching anyways?

Clemontine

[3]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 23

It ended kinda badly. They solved their problem of the season, but did not defeat either of their enemies. Not their enemy of the entire series, or the enemy that arose in S4. It was supposed to properly concluded because they knew long enough ahead of time that they were gonna be canceled, but they didnt do a very good job. It was dumb because they could have easily concluded things completely.

But its not as bad of some that have a total cliffhanger, such as TSCC, Space: Above and Beyond, Farscape, or Dark Angel. Instead it had sort of a semi-conclusion, like both Atlantis and SG-1, Babylon 5, Moonlight, or Jericho. I enjoyed it and I would still have watched it if I knew how it ended. But I dont know your taste in TV so I cant vouche for that.

Edited on 07/12/2009 1:19pm

archangelwho

[4]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 19
    The last season was one of the worst of all time in sci-fi history. It did nothing for the other seasons and was a waste. I'm still not should what they were trying to do and it was so bad I just don't feel like wasting my time to watch it again to try to understand it. My wife was paying me the DVDs but I disliked the last season so much I asked her not to buy the rest because the show ended so bad I could not enjoy them. Maybe in a few years I may feel better about it but not as of today.