Andromeda Forums

Syfy (ended 2005)

Things you just don't get

SpriteWolf

[1]Feb 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    My first question is about the kitten that appearing in the episode 'If The Wheel Is Fixed.' What was the point of the kitten being there and how was it there when it was said earlier on that they were extinct?
    Edited on 03/01/2006 3:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Parviainen

[2]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 63
    SpriteWolf wrote:
    This topic is a place where you can ask all your little questions you have about Andromeda and hopefully another fan out there will know the answer and explain it to us.

If that kind of topic is needed, surely the editor would have created it.

SpriteWolf

[3]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 12
    Parviainen wrote:
    SpriteWolf wrote:
    This topic is a place where you can ask all your little questions you have about Andromeda and hopefully another fan out there will know the answer and explain it to us.

If that kind of topic is needed, surely the editor would have created it.

True, but I didn't see any such topic on the forums. SO I decided to give it a shot.

minimax34

[4]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 58
    I don't get a lot.. at the end it was so hard to follow! or maybe i'm just not bright enough

swampape

[5]Mar 23, 2006
    • level: 5
    The kitten appeared again in Delenda Est and Rommie said that kittens had been extinct. That was a third season episode. Still no good explanation for why it was there other than the aliens attacked again.

asecooper222

[6]Sep 27, 2006
    • level: 21
    I don't understand what the hell was up with the Season 4 finale... I mean like... WTF?!

Epoq

[7]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    Actually, I couldn't get what was up with the entire series...

MomentInSubtext

[8]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 13
    Okay, this was how I saw it with the Kitten of Doom. Those evil aliens have to bend space and time to become invisible and open their tunnels and all, because that's the ONLY way the science works. So if space and time are bending, that means they're relative, and things from, say, Earth way in the past, can temporarily pass through, hence the Kitten of Doom. It's like a bubble of the past suddenly appearing in the future as a side effect of their technology.

Clemontine

[9]Mar 21, 2007
    • level: 23
    Yeah, this show technically is not that great. There were a lot of things that didnt make sense, small things mostly. But the show was entertaining and had interesting characters.

Clemontine

[10]Apr 1, 2007
    OK. I recently started season five, and I am confused. Is Seefra I really Terinvedra (sp?)? Because there was a Vedrin awhile back who made it sound like that planet was still doing well. If this is later explained, just let me know without spoilers. Thanx.

Clemontine

[11]Apr 2, 2007
    More things I dont get. How is Doyle Rommie? Rommie was in that floating head going crazy. If Doyle is somehow a copy of Rommie's avatar AI and Harper loves and misses Rommie, why would he put the copy in a different body and then surpress her memories? Sounds like Harper could have made a new Rommie but chose not to. Also, in When Goes Around..., how could Celine be living the same day over and over for 300 years, but be 300 years in the future? Unless she was shot into the future and the loop started there. If that is the case, she would have met Dylan long before. Which leads me to my second question. How come in the first loop shown at the beginning of the episode, Celine already knew Harper and how the bar fight was going to go, but she had not met Dylan yet?

alyssa01

[12]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 15

i don't know about that but i never got the whole paradine thing and more importantly why Dylan didn't know he was one all the other paradines he has met know about their true nature

Britgirlrnr

[13]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 8

If Robert Hewitt Wolfe had been allowed to continue writing for the show a lot of the unexplained things in the first seasons would have been explained. It was all supposed to be a big story arc and when he left it was just dropped. That is why there is such a difference in quality in later seasons.

Dylan certainly would not have been the womanising, always right, character that he turned into. The show would have been much more of an ensemble and not so much a one man show.

Clemontine

[14]Feb 26, 2008
    That would have been nice, cuz its a great show, plot holes aside.

MomentInSubtext

[15]Mar 11, 2008
    Clemontine wrote:
    OK. I recently started season five, and I am confused. Is Seefra I really Terinvedra (sp?)? Because there was a Vedrin awhile back who made it sound like that planet was still doing well. If this is later explained, just let me know without spoilers. Thanx.

The Seefra System is indeed the star system that used to hold the planet Tarn Vedra, the planet itself becoming Seefra One. The Vedran species, on the other hand, is doing quite well, but somewhere else entirely. Or, at least, thats what makes the most sense.

MomentInSubtext

[16]Mar 11, 2008
    Clemontine wrote:
    More things I dont get. How is Doyle Rommie? Rommie was in that floating head going crazy. If Doyle is somehow a copy of Rommie's avatar AI and Harper loves and misses Rommie, why would he put the copy in a different body and then surpress her memories? Sounds like Harper could have made a new Rommie but chose not to.
    Alright, so, Rommie is pretty much insane. But in order to fix her, he needs to use her "brain." This presents a bit of a dilemma, because her insanity makes her paranoid. Thus, he takes the base of the Rommie program and supresses the memories, taking the paranoia and insanity with them. And the fact that its in a body that looks radically different from Rommie is nonconsequential. However, I believe it stems from a desire to either not have to look at Rommie's face when it isn't the real Rommie inside, or from the idea that when he finishes fixing the original, he doesn't want to have two identical androids hanging around.

Clemontine wrote:
    Also, in When Goes Around..., how could Celine be living the same day over and over for 300 years, but be 300 years in the future? Unless she was shot into the future and the loop started there. If that is the case, she would have met Dylan long before. Which leads me to my second question. How come in the first loop shown at the beginning of the episode, Celine already knew Harper and how the bar fight was going to go, but she had not met Dylan yet?

This was actually explained within the episode. She met Dylan for the first time in the past, just once. Then she was catapulted into the future by the same machine that makes her relive the same day over and over again. The rest, knowing Harper but not Dylan, is a either a paradox or a very large plothole. It can be explained away by at theory whose name I can't recall that has to do with the future being malleable and the day, though mostly repeating identically, changing a bit over time so that Dylan couldn't enter the picture until he'd been taken out of the Black Hole.

Rasmenia

[17]Jan 21, 2009
    • level: 10

I must have missed something.

I'm currently watching the first part of season 4. Tyr's storyline is all wrapped up, but I'm still a little confused about a couple of things:

At the beginning of season 3, "If the Wheel is Fixed", Tyr lost his bone blades in that whole 'kidnapped by aliens' debacle. Was there ever a more in depth explanation for that, or was it just something that happened & the audience was supposed to accept it & move on? If it was explained, I missed it.

Second question - did they ever clarify who it was that sent Tyr this "extinct" plant in the latter half of season 3?

If someone could explain it to me, that would be super-cool. I must have blacked out during some of these episodes.

archangelwho

[18]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    The last season.

rcrush

[19]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 1

I dont understand the episode "Pride Before The Fall"

This "Peter" is supposed to either be Drago Musevini or is it his father? The Andromeda wiki said it was his father Paul Musevini who went to the future to get the DNA for the Neitzschean people. I guess would be some kind of paradox. But in the episode they never say the name Paul Musevini or Drago. They infer it when Harper says something like "You're the mother of all Neitzscheans? But Drago Musevini is the father of all Neitzscheans!"

If it was Drago wouldnt he have boneblades? The corpse of Drago Musevini has bone blades. And why did the corpse disapear when Peter was in Seefra?

So then during the fight between Dylan and Peter/Drago/Paul when Dylan beats him to near death everything in the system vanishes but them to.

fladimir7

[20]Dec 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    They way they killed tyr, i'll never understand that one.