Andromeda Forums

Syfy (ended 2005)

what would you have done diferently?

kakashirulz

[1]Apr 10, 2007
    • level: 6

this is a thread to tell other people what you think would have made the show better.

So i'll go first.

1) I would have had Harper (in season 5) try to recreate rommie's mind but find out that he didn't have the tools to extract the full data. he did manage a partal extraction and mixed the memories with dylan's (you know he has them somewhere) to create rommie's daughter. i'm thinking andrea would be a good name. I would find a teenage rommie much more funny and easy to fit in then doyle. she would later develop a parent-daughter relationship with Rommie and Dylan. and it would be fun having "aunt beca" trying to teacher her how to drive,

2) I would have develeped the love between rommie and dylan. this also fits in to the "rommie jr."  and have made ryhade fall in love with beca.

3) I would get rid of the part with Tyr falling into the hole/portal thing. if he is supposed to be a villan i would make him a real villan. i would have him lead a large attack on ryhad's home world, killing his family in the prosses. then in the final episodes have a climactic battle between the two.

4) While tyr and ryhade are fighting in hand to hand i would be having a REAL space battle going on in space. for all the exelent battles they had, i was disapointed with the final battle. i would have still done the shove-trance's-sun-in-to-it. thing but it would only have weakened it. then taking corpral form it turns into a huge beast.

Beca- what! it didn't work.

Rommie- it was sustained large amounts of dammage but yes it is still alive.

Dylan- ok then. we do this the old fashioned way. Andrea! pull all power into sheilds and weapons. Rommie aim and ready for my call. Beca, take us in close

all- ready.

Dylan- ready . . . missle tubes one through forty fire! *place sound efects for 40 nova bombs hitting a space monster square in the face.*

So who else has any thoughts?

Edited on 04/10/2007 5:44pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

szamandafan

[2]Apr 13, 2007
    • level: 7
    Well , I wouldn't have destroyed Terra , that was 4 sure . And I would have found a girlfriend for Harper .

InvincNerd

[3]Jul 8, 2007
    • level: 2
    Your Andrea idea is pretty good. In fact, if the producers of Andromeda actually did that, they could have secured time-slots for a few more seasons.

Things I would have done differently.

I wouldn't have let a Magog blow Rommie up, rather, I'd let her sacrifice herself to save Harper in a more dramatic fasion. Something like, diving into endless seas of Magog to seal them off from Harper, saving his life and sacrificing her own. (We wouldn't see Rommie blow up but it would seem like she died)

Harper becomes a reclusive hermit, brooding over Rommie's death. Having found her mangled body somewhere on Seefra. He would have extracted Rommie's memories and stuff but are corrupted and he couldn't restore Rommie with the lack of parts on Seefra. Dylan would find him in search of any bit of technology. Also, Harper, being stuck on Seefra for 3 years, would have quite a reputation for being the Village weirdo and "Witch Doctor" for comic effect.
    (Adding your Andrea idea here would be pretty cool. The Village Weirdo and his daugther. Andrea would lead Dylan to Harper and Harper would have a beard)

Dylan: So... where is your Mommy?
    Andrea: Mommy is very sick and have been sick for a long time.
    Dylan: I am sorry to hear that. How about your Daddy?
    Andrea: Don't talk about him. Everyone in the Village knows him as Seamus the Insane. We live over there.
    *Dylan brings Andrea home*
    Dylan: Whoever is the parent of this child, you are a real... Harper?! Seamus Harper is that you?!
    Harper: *in a gruff voice*Dylan? Dylan Hunt?! After three long years. You finally decided to pay a visit. *punches Dylan*

Rommie would be semi-restored when they finally got back the Andromeda. The AI and Hologram will help Harper immensely in the reparation of Rommie. While Rommie regains full capacity, and being able to recognise most of the crew, she wouldn't be able to recognise Harper. That would of course, turn Harper into a more introspective and darker character, removing his status as the Comic Relief Character.

Rommie would display "Harper" like characteristics that implies the "Harper" memory is merely fragmented in her database. Frequent memory glitches which tones down from episode to episode making her the new De-Facto Comic Character.

I wouldn't change much for Rhode and Beka because they were the only characters that shined in the entire Seefra arc.

Flavin was THE best character to be introduced in Season 5. To kill him off like that was STUPID. I'd put him, Dylan and Trance together more often, where Trance and Flavin would constantly "argue" with extremely abstract notions and philosophy while Flavin tries to teach and train Dylan in the ways of the Paradine. Flavin knows that the other Paradine were being decieved and were slowly being devoured by the Abysee which explains how the Abyss grew more powerful. Flavin would be instrumental in getting the Andromeda through the Route of Ages, only to have him sacrifice himself to the Abyss to allow the crew to get across safely.

Tyr was a great character and to have him killed off so unceremoniusly was a big mistake. I would rectify that by brining him back as the Harbinger of the Abyss. He would be the one who leads the Nietzean Fleet against the Commonwealth. He would have an extremely powerful ship with the power to match against the Andromeda Ascendant, complete with an "evil" Trance who is the Avatar of the Abyss.

Harper would return to Earth and do battle to free the Planet. The Andromeda would return to the Commonwealth who have since been engaged in war against the Nietzeans, leaving the battle on Earth unresolved.

Tyr would attempt to kill Rhode's family but with the combined efforts of Beka, Trance, Rhode and Dylan, they repel Tyr. But I'd have Rhode killed. Beka would then take up the responsibility as the Nietzean Matriach and rally all Nietzeans loyal to the Matriach and to the Commonwealth. Beka would get her own Flagship and be elevated to a high status that makes her Dylan's equal instead of his officer.

There would then be a climatic final space battle between Tyr's Abyss Nietzean fleet against the combined Beka's Nietzean - Dylan's Commonwealth Fleet. Beka would announce her status as the Matriach and some of Tyr's people would defect. Depsite all that, Tyr's forces would be significantly stronger with far greater numbers.

Beka's flagship would be targetted and she would be forced to abandon it at the urging of her loyal Nietzean crew. This would show the courage and honor of the Nietzean race. Beka escapes alone on board the Eureka Maru and returns to the Andromeda Ascendant as Tyr destroys her flag ship, killing the Nietzeans on board. Beka would then quote Rhode's last words which would be something about Nietzean killing their own brothers.

Seamus Harper would return with a few rag-tag Terran ships as Nietzeans on Earth fell apart when in-fighting occured at the news that Beka was the Matriach. That would be Terra's 1st involvement with the Commonwealth in over 300 years. Seamus would get back on the Andromeda, by then, Rommie's memories are restored and the crew are back together once again. Harper would become his old wise-cracking self, only more mature.

As the battle go one, it became clear that the fate of the Battle would be decided by a Duel. The Andromeda Acendant against Tyr's Ship. The Battle would take place in and around the Route of Ages and the Andromeda wins.

As the Andromeda comes out at the Seefra end of the Route of Ages, we would get the Abyss thing with Trance's Sun against the Abyss. The Sun against the Abyss' battle is quite even.

Trance, Dylan, Tyr and the Avatar of the Abyss would plane shift into a spiritual plane. It would look like the place where Dylan passed by himself at the start of Season 5. Dylan would pull off some Paradine Mojo with the Force Lance and win the battle.

Flavin would appear on the bridge together with Dylan and Trance with the rest of the crew not noticing they were gone. Harper would be the only who goes "Hey! Where the heck did you come from Flavin?!"

Trance, Flavin and Dylan would have one last meeting together. Flavin congratulating both Dylan and Trance. Trance tells Dylan that the threat of the Abyss is over, and Tarn Vedra have returned to the known words and that it was time for them to part.

With that, the entire crew of the Andromeda meets again in a restored Commonwealth Senate on Tarn Vedra. There it is revealed that Seamus Harper have become the President of the United Nations of Terra. Dylan takes up the responsibility of leading the Commonwealth. The Nietzeans, now unified under Beka, recognises the Commonwealth and pulls of out any occupied systems. Dylan, and the Commonwealth then recognises Beka's sovereignty and at long last, the Nietzean-Commonwealth fued is over.

The crew meets for the last time on board the bridge of the Andromeda. Trance and Flavin bids everyone farewell. Trance fades away to rejoin the Nebula. Flavin teleports to inform the rest of the Paradine that Tarn Vedra and the Commonwealth is restored. Beka and Seamus leave (Beka finally kisses Harper) to fufil their role as leaders.

The Series will end with a conversation between the Andromeda and Dylan.

Andromeda: Captain. Beka and Harper have left. Slipstream portals closed. It is just us again.

Dylan: 5 years. We have been together longer than that haven't we.

Andromeda: I suppose so. Close to Three Hundred and thirthy years. Are you alright?

Dylan: I am fine. I am just going to miss them.

Andromeda: I will too. What are your orders.

Dylan: Return to Tarn Vedra. The CommonWealth have been restored. Order have returned to the known worlds. It is time. It is a good time.

Andromeda: A good time for what, Captain?

Dylan: It is a good time to get back what I've missed for the past three hundred years. Thank you for everything Andromeda. You have been there for me wherever and whenever I needed you.

Andromeda: And you for me.

Dylan: Now... into the future.
    *Montage of clips of previous seasons and characters, which culminates in a brief montage of surviving character's current status and then back to Dylan. Zooms out to see Andromeda for the last time.

Fades into credits

alyssa01

[4]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 15

^^^^^^^^^

WOW!! those were both amazing i never really thought about it but either of those would have been so much better!!!!!!!!!!

Clemontine

[5]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 23
    Number 1 thing I would want different is get Harper a girl! Dang, so unfair. Why do all the women in the future like old farts?

alwaysobsessed

[6]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 22
    I would have killed Dylan in episode 1 and found a new leader. Harper and Trance would have been great together.

alyssa01

[7]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 15

InvincNerd wrote:
    Your Andrea idea is pretty good. In fact, if the producers of Andromeda actually did that, they could have secured time-slots for a few more seasons. Things I would have done differently. I wouldn't have let a Magog blow Rommie up, rather, I'd let her sacrifice herself to save Harper in a more dramatic fasion. Something like, diving into endless seas of Magog to seal them off from Harper, saving his life and sacrificing her own. (We wouldn't see Rommie blow up but it would seem like she died) Harper becomes a reclusive hermit, brooding over Rommie's death. Having found her mangled body somewhere on Seefra. He would have extracted Rommie's memories and stuff but are corrupted and he couldn't restore Rommie with the lack of parts on Seefra. Dylan would find him in search of any bit of technology. Also, Harper, being stuck on Seefra for 3 years, would have quite a reputation for being the Village weirdo and "Witch Doctor" for comic effect. (Adding your Andrea idea here would be pretty cool. The Village Weirdo and his daugther. Andrea would lead Dylan to Harper and Harper would have a beard) Dylan: So... where is your Mommy? Andrea: Mommy is very sick and have been sick for a long time. Dylan: I am sorry to hear that. How about your Daddy? Andrea: Don't talk about him. Everyone in the Village knows him as Seamus the Insane. We live over there. *Dylan brings Andrea home* Dylan: Whoever is the parent of this child, you are a real... Harper?! Seamus Harper is that you?! Harper: *in a gruff voice*Dylan? Dylan Hunt?! After three long years. You finally decided to pay a visit. *punches Dylan* Rommie would be semi-restored when they finally got back the Andromeda. The AI and Hologram will help Harper immensely in the reparation of Rommie. While Rommie regains full capacity, and being able to recognise most of the crew, she wouldn't be able to recognise Harper. That would of course, turn Harper into a more introspective and darker character, removing his status as the Comic Relief Character. Rommie would display "Harper" like characteristics that implies the "Harper" memory is merely fragmented in her database. Frequent memory glitches which tones down from episode to episode making her the new De-Facto Comic Character. I wouldn't change much for Rhode and Beka because they were the only characters that shined in the entire Seefra arc. Flavin was THE best character to be introduced in Season 5. To kill him off like that was STUPID. I'd put him, Dylan and Trance together more often, where Trance and Flavin would constantly "argue" with extremely abstract notions and philosophy while Flavin tries to teach and train Dylan in the ways of the Paradine. Flavin knows that the other Paradine were being decieved and were slowly being devoured by the Abysee which explains how the Abyss grew more powerful. Flavin would be instrumental in getting the Andromeda through the Route of Ages, only to have him sacrifice himself to the Abyss to allow the crew to get across safely. Tyr was a great character and to have him killed off so unceremoniusly was a big mistake. I would rectify that by brining him back as the Harbinger of the Abyss. He would be the one who leads the Nietzean Fleet against the Commonwealth. He would have an extremely powerful ship with the power to match against the Andromeda Ascendant, complete with an "evil" Trance who is the Avatar of the Abyss. Harper would return to Earth and do battle to free the Planet. The Andromeda would return to the Commonwealth who have since been engaged in war against the Nietzeans, leaving the battle on Earth unresolved. Tyr would attempt to kill Rhode's family but with the combined efforts of Beka, Trance, Rhode and Dylan, they repel Tyr. But I'd have Rhode killed. Beka would then take up the responsibility as the Nietzean Matriach and rally all Nietzeans loyal to the Matriach and to the Commonwealth. Beka would get her own Flagship and be elevated to a high status that makes her Dylan's equal instead of his officer. There would then be a climatic final space battle between Tyr's Abyss Nietzean fleet against the combined Beka's Nietzean - Dylan's Commonwealth Fleet. Beka would announce her status as the Matriach and some of Tyr's people would defect. Depsite all that, Tyr's forces would be significantly stronger with far greater numbers. Beka's flagship would be targetted and she would be forced to abandon it at the urging of her loyal Nietzean crew. This would show the courage and honor of the Nietzean race. Beka escapes alone on board the Eureka Maru and returns to the Andromeda Ascendant as Tyr destroys her flag ship, killing the Nietzeans on board. Beka would then quote Rhode's last words which would be something about Nietzean killing their own brothers. Seamus Harper would return with a few rag-tag Terran ships as Nietzeans on Earth fell apart when in-fighting occured at the news that Beka was the Matriach. That would be Terra's 1st involvement with the Commonwealth in over 300 years. Seamus would get back on the Andromeda, by then, Rommie's memories are restored and the crew are back together once again. Harper would become his old wise-cracking self, only more mature. As the battle go one, it became clear that the fate of the Battle would be decided by a Duel. The Andromeda Acendant against Tyr's Ship. The Battle would take place in and around the Route of Ages and the Andromeda wins. As the Andromeda comes out at the Seefra end of the Route of Ages, we would get the Abyss thing with Trance's Sun against the Abyss. The Sun against the Abyss' battle is quite even. Trance, Dylan, Tyr and the Avatar of the Abyss would plane shift into a spiritual plane. It would look like the place where Dylan passed by himself at the start of Season 5. Dylan would pull off some Paradine Mojo with the Force Lance and win the battle. Flavin would appear on the bridge together with Dylan and Trance with the rest of the crew not noticing they were gone. Harper would be the only who goes "Hey! Where the heck did you come from Flavin?!" Trance, Flavin and Dylan would have one last meeting together. Flavin congratulating both Dylan and Trance. Trance tells Dylan that the threat of the Abyss is over, and Tarn Vedra have returned to the known words and that it was time for them to part. With that, the entire crew of the Andromeda meets again in a restored Commonwealth Senate on Tarn Vedra. There it is revealed that Seamus Harper have become the President of the United Nations of Terra. Dylan takes up the responsibility of leading the Commonwealth. The Nietzeans, now unified under Beka, recognises the Commonwealth and pulls of out any occupied systems. Dylan, and the Commonwealth then recognises Beka's sovereignty and at long last, the Nietzean-Commonwealth fued is over. The crew meets for the last time on board the bridge of the Andromeda. Trance and Flavin bids everyone farewell. Trance fades away to rejoin the Nebula. Flavin teleports to inform the rest of the Paradine that Tarn Vedra and the Commonwealth is restored. Beka and Seamus leave (Beka finally kisses Harper) to fufil their role as leaders. The Series will end with a conversation between the Andromeda and Dylan. Andromeda: Captain. Beka and Harper have left. Slipstream portals closed. It is just us again. Dylan: 5 years. We have been together longer than that haven't we. Andromeda: I suppose so. Close to Three Hundred and thirthy years. Are you alright? Dylan: I am fine. I am just going to miss them. Andromeda: I will too. What are your orders. Dylan: Return to Tarn Vedra. The CommonWealth have been restored. Order have returned to the known worlds. It is time. It is a good time. Andromeda: A good time for what, Captain? Dylan: It is a good time to get back what I've missed for the past three hundred years. Thank you for everything Andromeda. You have been there for me wherever and whenever I needed you. Andromeda: And you for me. Dylan: Now... into the future. *Montage of clips of previous seasons and characters, which culminates in a brief montage of surviving character's current status and then back to Dylan. Zooms out to see Andromeda for the last time. Fades into credits

Do you write Fanfiction by any chance becouse if you do and you have turned this into a fic then could you post the link and if not then you are nuts and you should TOTALY post this on fanfiction.net it is the best premise for any fanfic, not just Andromeda, I have ever read! I would LOVE to read this version.!!!!!

InvincNerd

[8]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 2
    I don't do fanfiction unfortunately.

It has been ages since I have watched Andromeda (almost a year and a half since I watched Andromeda and posted that post), and have pretty much lost touch with it.

I might one day, but not anytime soon.

Andromeda was a great series and its series finale and final season are both truly terrible.

No matter how I look at it, I still feel my version is definately a thousand times better (especially for the last 5 minutes. GOD, that was a TERRIBLE way to end an entire series. No sense of "EPIC" at all.)

Hopefully one day, I'll deliver a Fan Fiction for the last season.
    You can always hope. ^_^

Show it to your friends and let me hear the reviews.

jrsgalaxy

[9]Dec 17, 2008
    • level: 14
    InvincNerd wrote:
    I don't do fanfiction unfortunately.

It has been ages since I have watched Andromeda (almost a year and a half since I watched Andromeda and posted that post), and have pretty much lost touch with it.

I might one day, but not anytime soon.

Andromeda was a great series and its series finale and final season are both truly terrible.

No matter how I look at it, I still feel my version is definately a thousand times better (especially for the last 5 minutes. GOD, that was a TERRIBLE way to end an entire series. No sense of "EPIC" at all.)

Hopefully one day, I'll deliver a Fan Fiction for the last season.
    You can always hope. ^_^

Show it to your friends and let me hear the reviews.

I will dude definitely.

archangelwho

[10]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 18
    I would have kept the starting tean of writters & producers together and any one who did not like it could have left. I would have stayed with the storyline from the start and season 5 would have never happen. It stared well and if they had stayed with the storyline it would have lasted longer and ended better. Any, I mean any, cast member could have been worked out of the story. I also would have done more with Rev Bem's storyline. Maybe a focus on Rev would have kelpt him around longer.
    Edited on 10/03/2009 6:42pm