Andromeda

Syfy (ended 2005)

robinepowell

Andromeda Fan Reviews (78)

• A show that changed it's tone too often to be seriously appreciated as a Sci-Fi classic

6.7
    Andromeda starts off pretty good to be honest, I thoroughly enjoyed the first season and some of the second - then it just goes horribly wrong. After building some great tensions with the impending arrival of the Magog World ship, the story descends into mediocrity - telling "Star Trek-type" stories badly. There are plenty of good moment throughout the end of S2, S3 and particularly during S4, with the saving grace of this show being it's strong cast and characters - but the show never really find's it footing again. Season 5 is pretty much a waste of time, telling a convuluted plotline based primarily on the Seefra planet surface. As mentioned, the cast really are the best thing about Andromeda - they impressed me throughout, although I did prefer things befoe it became the "Kevin Sorbo" show during some of it's final years - as an ensemble cast it worked really well. If I were to choose some standout moments, it would probably be the Season 1 finale "It's hour come round at last...", "All Too Human", "Into the Labyrinth", "OUROBOROS", and "The Dissonant Interval". Overall, an ok show - but probably the least impressive Roddenberry concept imo. However, I do wonder if my appreciation for this show, which is at worst a very fun show, will grow through time...