Andromeda

Saving Light from a Black Sun

Aired Unknown Feb 18, 2005 on Syfy

• Dylan takes the Andromeda into the heart of a blackened sun to affect repairs before the sun reignites itself.

As of this writing, I have only seen maybe five total episodes of Andromeda. Because of that, I had a lot of trouble following what’s going on here. I can only assume that the planet Melthus-2 has been featured before, as they don’t really go into detail as to the nature of the world in relationship to its sun. And I’m also completely lost as to this Trance character. She appears to be two separate beings in this episode – one is good, the other evil. Beka even becomes concerned that Trance may be a traitor. She speaks a lot of gibberish that really didn’t make a lot of sense to me. But I really got a kick out of the special effects used during Andromeda’s flight through the core of the blazing world. I freely admit that I am only giving this episode a low rating because of my unfamiliarity with the reality surrounding the characters. Perhaps after I’ve watched more episodes and get a better grasp on what this show is about, I’ll edit my review and give it a higher rating.